Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, a worthy adversary against Mathias? Not going to lie, I was actually cheering for the demon just to see if he is worth to fight our protagonist in the finale.

The episode had the most underwhelming and predictable finale imo. Even that fight felt underwhelming. Well, their journey is over now, at least in the anime version.

Mar 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
While Alma and Lurie race to find the magic sword in the treasury and face demons already encountered on the ground, Matthias and Iris (in her dragon state) faces Zardias, in the worst face-off he couldn't have imagined to protect himself, Iris and the kingdom all at once.

Matty's teachings to the Second Academy finally pays off in this counterattack, and Lurie managed to pass him the sword, but it was all too late as it dropped his guard against Zardias. But with the magic sword, it activated within the second of user's death, and infused revival and max stats, more than enough to dispel the one of many chaos demons lurking. This magic sword is only good for a single use, and it's ridiculously OP-ed to the point that it can split a mountain.

Matty and the gang are rewarded handsomely by the king, since this is a large-scale effort. And since Matty's experiments as Gaius aren't all that civilized enough, most of the items are regarded as scrap. And since jewels are prized, Alma hinting Matty to get a jewel shaped into a pendant for Lurie, I guess this has its moments.

The situation with the wooden puppets is another story that will continue its development in the manga/LN.

This was kinda a load of crap Isekai.
KANLen09Mar 26, 2022 7:24 AM
Mar 26, 2022 7:26 AM

Aug 2020
Well that was the end for this show. Matty was op until the end. Did not enjoy the show pretty much but glad I still managed to finish it

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 26, 2022 7:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is like every episode with the demon fight but at least it's more interesting when you get twists like that but of course but it will just end like every other fight even when it's a major opponent like that... literally every eps have been about fighting one or several demons (xD) but for some reason I still found it to be fine as guilty pleasure watch I suppose
Mar 26, 2022 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Nothing special in the end. Iris was a great character. I liked her a lot. She kept looking at the Headmaster though in this episode so idk if it was animation or if she knew something about the Headmaster Mathies didn't know.

6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2022 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
He won and things have become peaceful for the time being. Another very generic isekai but atleast this wasn't annoying like Leadale. Also we got Iris out of it so that's nice.
Mar 26, 2022 8:10 AM
Sep 2021
Honestly, this show didn't have much interesting facts at all. It was just a mc who was reborn in the same world X years later, with almost the same powers, except this time he has 3 girls behind him. Did I think it was boring to watch? No. Would I recommend it? Absolutely not.

6/10
Mar 26, 2022 8:36 AM
Jul 2021
Generic power fantasy isekai 2 of 4 for the season is now over, and despite being completely predictable and by-the-numbers it's the best of the 4 IMO (though that's still not saying much). It was like a mix between Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha and Kenja no Mago, and while better than the latter inferior to the former. Unlike Kenja no Mago this guy didn't have an orbiting swarm of fawning groupies around him at all times which I appreciated, but the pacing was atrocious. Animation was serviceable to subpar but never really offensive that I can recall.

6/10, a decently watchable generic power fantasy that will still ultimately be quickly forgotten.
Mar 26, 2022 8:37 AM
Mar 2022
well fine show but they speed up events much .
Mar 26, 2022 9:03 AM
Sep 2015
I'm actually glad that demon can be revive, that way, we truly have zero casualty, either in human side or demon side.
Mar 26, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2018
Very rushed as usual but at least it doesn't do the stupid drama that most series do near the end of a season.

6/10 very enjoyable especially best waifu Iris UwU
Mar 26, 2022 9:28 AM
Feb 2022
The episode shows a spectacular battle between Matthias and Zardias, and I found that there were still demons in the kingdom trying to prevent Lully and Alma from passing with their swords. Liked, their friends at the Second Academy open after finishing them How they hand over the sword and then Matthias wins the battle
Mar 26, 2022 9:30 AM

Nov 2009
KANLen09 said:

The situation with the wooden puppets

This was kinda a load of crap Isekai.

What, you mean the show wasn't a cast full of wooden puppets already?

I generally love Isekai / Power Fantasy anime if they have some distinguishing feature, but there just wasn't here.
The cast with the exception of Iris and to a much lesser extent Alma, all sucked horribly and you could have cast a wooden puppet in their place to no effect on the overall "plot".

I hope the next season of anime provides something a whole lot better than this.
Mar 26, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2021
Episode was somewhat predictable although I expected more cliches. The way they tried to extend the story seems lame. They give the big boss at the end a story of having to be sealed because he was too strong to be killed, the only way to kill him is to be at Gaius level, if he's left alone he will destroy humanity, blah blah blah, and then they kill him and give a brief comment about how there's more demons like him. Unless they're all sealed, how tf is humanity not destroyed already.
Mar 26, 2022 10:47 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
A sword that awakens when he's killed. Matty calculated that would be when he would need his past self's powers and that's what it means to be OP. Lurie's smile is precious :) 10/10
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 26, 2022 11:11 AM

Apr 2019
I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty generic, but it might've been good (people say that the manga is good) if the pace wasn't speed up this much.
I actually came here because i was in the mood for an OP MC but with that pace..
7/10
Mar 26, 2022 12:06 PM

May 2021
Great episode! As always, Matty won the fight against the demon and I kind of got annoyed at the plot armour he had there. If not for that ridiculously insane sword that coincidentally gave him an extra life and extra attack power he would have died...
Matty giving Lurie that present at the end was nice xD.

I liked the show a decent amount. 7/10
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 26, 2022 12:21 PM

Aug 2020
Honestly that was quite a good ending episode, if it had all been that quality I'd probably have given it a 6, seems like they are building up for a second season but it doesn't seem like the time of show that'd get the budget
Call me Ren
Mar 26, 2022 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
I think if they slowed the pace down some it would have been even better. It wasn't bad though I can see it getting a second series tho. But Id rather get a second and 3rd from Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru over this one.
Mar 26, 2022 1:08 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime!!! Mathias is hot.
Mar 26, 2022 2:55 PM
Feb 2022
MegamiRem said:
He won and things have become peaceful for the time being. Another very generic isekai but atleast this wasn't annoying like Leadale. Also we got Iris out of it so that's nice.

I believe leadale was better.
Leadale was pretty much meant to be that anime about wholesomness and stuff, with barely anything enjoyable for people who like action. Leadale had a goal and acomplished it. This did not. The action feels like watching ordinary snails fight, the interaction between characters is lacking, the worldbuilding and background info layout feel like grass thrown on a dying fire: it doesn't keep it from dying. Unless the purpose of this was to bore people, then i believed it failed at whatever it was meant to do.

Edit:
Like a reviewer who had read the manga said: this anime is a manga speedrun with 80% of the details skipped. While i canot confirm that myself, i clearely felt like major pieces of plot were missing.

Also ye, Iris. Basically the only reason i was still watching this.
A-RomanianMar 26, 2022 3:01 PM
Mar 26, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2022
A-Romanian said:
MegamiRem said:

Leadale was pretty much meant to be that anime about wholesomness and stuff, with barely anything enjoyable for people who like action. Leadale had a goal and acomplished it. This did not. The action feels like watching ordinary snails fight, the interaction between characters is lacking, the worldbuilding and background info layout feel like grass thrown on a dying fire: it doesn't keep it from dying. Unless the purpose of this was to bore people, then i believed it failed at whatever it was meant to do.

Edit:
Like a reviewer who had read the manga said: this anime is a manga speedrun with 80% of the details skipped. While i canot confirm that myself, i clearely felt like major pieces of plot were missing.

I agree 100% I think Leadale was better, this anime just felt so cliche and introduced op things out of nowhere with no hints or buildup. I would hope Leadale gets a second season over this.
Mar 26, 2022 5:11 PM

Jan 2021
And the journey continues... probably not, because this show was not popular or well written. Matty was a boring, jack of all trades, strategist, and all powerful mage, who's not that powerful compared to his first life who is now considered to be a god in this age. Matty arguably didn't have the weakest crest but the strongest one. This is straight up a power fantasy anime which little to no budget for the animation, which especially shows up in the fights.

I watched this show ironically because I wanted to see how far the story would progress. Plus I did get a kick out of the "falling" animation and other bad animation pieces.

I see a lot of people giving this a 6/10 and I scoff at the them, this is a 2/10. It wasn't an infuriating show to watch, but it was quite boring at times. We didn't need another power fantasy with no-personality characters. More deserving manga should have been adapted.
Mar 26, 2022 5:15 PM

Jan 2021
PlutoMayhem said:
A-Romanian said:

Edit:

I agree 100% I think Leadale was better, this anime just felt so cliche and introduced op things out of nowhere with no hints or buildup. I would hope Leadale gets a second season over this.

Thank you, Leadale is an honest 6/10 and it at least had some effort put into it. Again not an amazing show that changed the way we think about isekai's but defiently a relaxing show to turn off your brain.
Mar 26, 2022 5:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh, imagine having magic sword with activated reincarnation skill with you. So that's what Mathy-kun hide under his sleeve. But honestly i prefer his option to reincarnation your ass again into the next era. Maybe you can found some companions better than them xd.

Alright, very generic end, to be say the least. As expected too its continue to whatever adventure await them in front. But as always too, i couldn't care less with this kind of ending which force to stick your ass toward the source. But at least i am not denying the fact i am enjoying their silly interaction, especially if its related to the only likeable character on this show, version me, Iris. Yeah, that's the only thing that manage my sanity to be stable when watch this kind of show till the end...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2022 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
badabass said:
Heh, imagine having magic sword with activated reincarnation skill with you. So that's what Mathy-kun hide under his sleeve. But honestly i prefer his option to reincarnation your ass again into the next era. Maybe you can found some companions better than them xd.

Except Mathy can't use reincarnate anymore, due to the "Crest". The one he had as Gaius was the Crest for Mages, thus he had the highest magical power of that Era, but his combat was weak and Mathy thought he can't kill the Demons fast enough cause he had to rest in between combat to restore his magic energy.

Without the magical power of his previous self, he can't cast another reincarnate.

This is the whole reason why he has Ruri casting magic all the time, cause Mathy can't do it. Mathy can only cast a few powerful ones before he ran out of magic power, just like he mentioned during the fight.

___ ___ ___

Also, kinda funny how Mathy doesn't know about Chaos Demons, even tho pretty much all of them knows about Gaius, lol.

Well, we got a pretty expected end, nothing really new here. Especially since they kinda rush a lot of stuff.

The only thing I like about this series is Iris, still wish Mathy would treat her better...

___ ___ ___

Also, looks like Ruri said she wasn't "prepared", but she's "willing" if Mathy wants to get "physical"...
amlgMar 26, 2022 8:00 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 26, 2022 7:45 PM

Sep 2018
Just another bland copy/paste power fantasy anime with the same old lame characters and villains. 4/10.
Mar 26, 2022 9:18 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, could've been executed a lot better not gonna lie.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Mar 26, 2022 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
The animation was kinda disappointing at the end scene but I'm glad I was able to watch this adaptation. While it has a lower rating for this forum of less than 7/10, it is still a good watch nonetheless.

Finalizing it with some cliffhanger and romance was quite adorable but the movements of their faces were unnatural.

I will be hoping for a sequel!
7-8/10 for me.

CrazyButNot4UMar 26, 2022 9:54 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 27, 2022 12:45 AM
Jan 2017
i glad finally this shit is over,,
this is may be my last J.C staff anime that i watch, considering how bad the anime was,,
nothing special the enemy is lost just by 1 slash,, and is over
2/10
Mar 27, 2022 2:43 AM

Feb 2014
This series is now over and I don't blame most users here for calling it generic in a negative way. I usually dislike how others use the word generic like that, but for this series, they're not wrong to use it that way.

I guess my main criticism is the pacing and it felt the same way in this final episode where things got done and dusted before moving onto the next thing at speed. While the visuals were good, the animation was average at best and I know that J.C Staff can do better than this.

Despite my gripes, this series still had some good amount of funny moments and that increased majorly when Iris joined the cast. She's the best character by a long shot and she carried most of the enjoyment of this series alone. =)

6/10 will be my final score. It's not terrible, but it not that great, either.
Mar 27, 2022 8:40 AM

Apr 2009
I thought that was THE DEMON LORD itself? No? Just another strong Chaos demon? Oh OK.

One-time use magic item huh? I was expecting that expending the energy at the end would split or flatten that mountain or hill but no it just scorched and dented it a bit with "just" a crater or maybe that was a cave instead . *sigh*

Ah it's over, 6/10 because I'm feeling generous.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 27, 2022 10:50 AM

Sep 2018
Well, I guess it didn't completely embarrass itself...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Mar 27, 2022 9:10 PM

Nov 2019
Vaguely reminiscent of Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, but completely lacks that series' self-awareness or occasional dramatic tension.

Purestrain fanservice that doesn't even attempt a natural event progression or any character development.
Mar 27, 2022 11:48 PM

Oct 2017
Matthias sword is kind of like totem of undying from minecraft but giving you more power when triggered

Mar 28, 2022 7:27 AM

Sep 2021
This definitely belongs in my "trash anime" pile. The greatest problems I had with this series would have to be the subpar animation, just barely above the "shitty" level, that and the story.

It's quite boring among the "overpowered MC reincarnation" genre since the whole plot essentially revolves around the Demons plotting to kill all of humanity after MC stupidly reincarnates centuries into the future (without thinking up countermeasures against the remaining Demons), giving the surviving Demons time to slowly grow their strength and come up with all kinds of plots to wipe out the Humans.

In order for there to be some sense of tension, MC has to train from level 1 but is still able to utilise his past life's magic, subject to his current self's MP levels but since the magic system isn't really concretely defined, MC can always pull of some special magic or one-off OP magic weapon he made in his past life to triumph over his enemies.

Despite the obvious sequel baiting the anime did in this last episode, I doubt this anime would be popular enough to get a second season. I know I definitely wouldn't watch a second season of this especially considering how the author cancelled and removed his WN and focused on the LN instead, disregarding the WN readers that made his work popular enough to be picked up by a publisher in the first place (I understand money is important but I would have preferred it if the author had at least made a rushed ending for the WN)...
yhagniMar 28, 2022 7:32 AM
Mar 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
i dont care with the anime itself story etc !!

all i care is the cutest dragon iris !!

Mar 28, 2022 9:22 AM

Mar 2014
Finally the end of this crap show
Mar 28, 2022 11:03 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoy a lot of this anime. i knowe are similars animes like that. but all weeks i want to see it. probably i will readl manga/ln
Mar 28, 2022 11:24 AM
Sep 2020
as usual I always comment on an anime when I finish it.This is just a review from a beginner so forgive me

This anime is like isekai in general, has an opaque MC, but this MC is a Sage / strongest magician in the past but he was reincarnated for a purpose,Overall I like this, even though everything here goes very smoothly according to what the MC has planned, and also the plot in this anime is a lot Which is short so that it makes the story seem rushed, very different from the manga which still explains a lot of things, that is one of the shortcomings of this anime.

But in the last two episodes it was quite good maybe? When Mathias fought Zardias I had high expectations that their fight would be very epic,It turned out to be pretty good, but while this zardias death feels pretty empty like a normal character's death, the demon's death should have been made more dramatic

Overall I rate this with a score of 7/10 or lower? actually I don't want to explain an anime, unless it's really really bad.meli Looking at the score on my profile, it's a score that I added a bit, not a pure one
Mar 29, 2022 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
What is Mokujin doin' in this realm? haha lolz
oh how convenient: "The condition for this activation is loss of the wielder's life. And its effect, revival of the wielder and a tremendous infusion of magic!" ~ well i guess it's MC's Keikaku all going according to plan huh...
4/5.

Mar 30, 2022 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
This show was nothing special or memorable but what the hell, I still had quite a bit of fun with it.

Iris was great tho. Best girl!
Mar 31, 2022 12:14 PM

Sep 2020
A predictable ending to a very generic isekai anime. Matthias is the perfect example of a boring MC that is too strong, and the main cast wasn't able to leave a lasting impression. The plot just seemed to be pulling new magic out of Matthias's ass to beat the newest antagonist, and all character interactions were very repetitive. Final score of 2/10 for me. Wasn't bad, but was very boring. I would probably still watch a second season, but I doubt there would be one.
Apr 2, 2022 4:16 PM

Mar 2021
"The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest" should just be renamed "Strong protagonist perceived as weak protagonist goes on a male power fantasy trip that turns into a typical harem fantasy where nothing ever goes wrong and any conflict is solved with ease, yet still entertaining to watch."

This title isn't even a generic Isekai Anime because the guy somehow has the ability to reincarnate himself effortlessly thousands of years later. This series is just as much of an Isekai Anime as "The Misfit of Demon King Academy". We got to see a unique magic system but nothing else was that special about this series. Fun and entertaining to watch even if it's considered generic or trash.
Apr 4, 2022 6:53 AM
Nov 2017
Generic show and underwhelming ending. 5/10
Apr 5, 2022 5:41 PM

Nov 2009
ColourWheel said:
"The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest" should just be renamed "Strong protagonist perceived as weak protagonist goes on a male power fantasy trip that turns into a typical harem fantasy where nothing ever goes wrong and any conflict is solved with ease, yet still entertaining to watch."

This title isn't even a generic Isekai Anime because the guy somehow has the ability to reincarnate himself effortlessly thousands of years later. This series is just as much of an Isekai Anime as "The Misfit of Demon King Academy". We got to see a unique magic system but nothing else was that special about this series. Fun and entertaining to watch even if it's considered generic or trash.

Actually, he didn't "somehow", you missed the beginning of episode 1

When he talked about casting reincarnate on himself.

AKA, he killed himself thousands of years ago as a byproduct of casting reincarnation on himself to be reincarnated thousands of years later.

(tho can't really blame you, cause the anime literally skipped the entire first few chapters of him being reincarnated and explaining about his reincarnation that was in the manga...)

___ ___ ___

Tho it's is still true that the title felt off.

Cause the "weakest crest" is pretty much just a "meme" in their current world.

Remember, the "weakest crest" used to be called the "strongest combat crest" thousands of years ago.

So... Technically the title should be "The Strongest Mage with the Strongest Combat Crest" aka, he's a "Battle Mage" (like ones you see in some RPG games of mages specialize in close range combat)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 5, 2022 11:20 PM

Jul 2021
Entertaining episode with some ass pulls like that sword preventing Matty from dying.

Other than that the episode was pretty enjoyable and seems like this is not the end, there should be a season 2 but not sure if we will get it. Personally, I'm kind of nuetral for a second season, I'll be happy if we get another season and won't mind it if we don't get a second season at all.

Overall, 7/10, it sure was pretty cliche and generic but entertaining for sure, the girls were cute, Iris' clumsyness was pretty funny to watch and it was fun to watch our OP MC just being OP. Let's see if this gets a second season.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 11, 2022 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
Well that was the end for this show. Was hoping the director would take this opportunity to fix up all of the glaring issues of the source material, but I guess I was expecting too much.

The pacing was made even worse and they skipped a bunch of parts on top of that. Quite a bit of dialogue was inconsistent because of all of the changes. I mean if you are going to put on your own spin on the story then at least do a better job.

Iris was the best thing this show had to offer.
Apr 11, 2022 6:59 PM

Feb 2021
Came into this episode with low expectations, found some enjoyment in the fight with Zardias. Didn't expect much more than a slight stumble and then a deus ex machina moment fitting for the OP nature of the protagonist. Had I read the LN beforehand I probably would've been as disappointed as others who have. As anime-only here I thought it still kept me engaged to an extent for at least half the show in varying moments.

Whether it will get a second season? I guess that depends on its reception in Japan, but I would watch another season if given one.
May 8, 2022 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
From start to finish it was concistently bad however I got nothing positive to say other than Iris' dumb and clumsy actions being the only redemption point.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Will we get a Sequel?

IndienRock - Oct 7

12 by diamondd24 »»
Oct 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2022

34 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

55 by saidlah03 »»
Jul 17, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

28 by curzon17 »»
Feb 3, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.