Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's too bad not everyone can always protect what they want. Too bad for Hawthorn.

On the other hand, at least he's fighting on the good side. Sally and Mikoto also had some heart to heart talk this episode. I think their character chemistry in the show is kinda unique.
Aug 12, 2021 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
We finally get the real Episode 4, and Somenki a.k.a Mask Oni is a demon not to be trifled with.

In the chronological order, this is the first time we're seeing Sumeragi a.k.a Imperial Oni, and being the ringleader of the demons, his presence would be one to not play around with (as evidenced by Episode 3 of the TV broadcast). Sally and Frau got off safe almost from Somenki's attack, and Hawthorn is still in shock after seeing that the entire kingdom got obliterated.

Carrot (bearing at this point, she hasn't been given a name yet as Meki) officially joins Sally's crusade, and outside of Rimdarl, everyone is susceptible of demi-humans from tradition, and Hawthorn has no choice but to smoothen things at this stage with Frau and Carrot. Regardless though, seeing Carrot and Frau reconcile with the latter giving her, her actual name of Carrot, it's nice.

Sally coincidentally met Mikoto to catch up on their journey from the REAL Episode 1 (Episode 4 of the TV broadcast), and shares her insight about humans rejecting demons outright to him. Mikoto knows it all too well, and Sumeragi donning his priestly status of interest to hide his true self. Sally makes it her point to end the discrimination between humans and demons for her journey, and coerces Mikoto to come along, but he goes alone with Dog because he doesn't want to have extra responsibility and a possible dead-weight of Sally.

One of the kid warriors which survived the annihilation of the Rimdarl Empire comes to Hawthorn to tell of this story, and its a shocker. So it's time to meet this Witch (whom is in Episode 5 of the chronological order), while Sumeragi coaxes Carrot to be a spy for them.

Honestly, this can go anywhere...except that the TV broadcast version being out of order IS COMPLETE WHACK.
KANLen09Aug 12, 2021 7:31 AM
Aug 12, 2021 7:53 AM

Apr 2018
The fearsome ogre, Somenki is one hell of a guy. Sadly, we already know that he got killed. Seems like this is episode 4.
Meki gets a new name, joins the gang, Sally finds a reason to go on adventure, Meki has to act as a spy.
Well, if you wanna enjoy watching this, then it's best to wait till all the episodes are aired.

Next episode could be the real episode 6 or it could be something else.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 12, 2021 7:59 AM

Feb 2019
5 more weeks and we can watch this in the correct order :D
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 12, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
I still don’t get why they released this in a different order ?? Like why be difficult? If it’s meant to peak our interest it’s had the opposite effect. Makes following along way too hard.

Berrett a he? Japan really just be drawing girls and calling it a guy lmao, I’ll never understand that.
Aug 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
Still have no idea why changing order ... But on positive side completely forgot the part Sumeragi mentioning "the First". I wonder why Sally's eye didn't activate when the mask oni attacked, don't think it was explained anywhere further. Mb it was just when her power was awakening/growing.
Aug 12, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
The different order continues as we take quite a step back from the previous episode, all the way back to events of when Hawthorn's hometown got blown up by Somenki.

When Somenki returned to Sumeragi and him killing and eating that small child with her cookies, was not part of the manga as far as I remember, a surprising added extra.. yet very gruesome extra..

Honestly still annoys me that they decided to do it in this order. This episode was suppose to be the introduction of Sumeragi and Millia, but since we already learned about them in future episodes, it just strips the show of some of the bigger reveals.
Either way, what we can look forward to is the proper introduction of "The Witch of the Western Forest".
CeddyyBearrAug 12, 2021 8:31 AM
Aug 12, 2021 8:28 AM
Mar 2021
I'm at the point where there's no point even complaining about the release order, it is what it is and it's not going to change.
Aug 12, 2021 8:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course discrimination is bad... The story is interesting but once again it's wasted by the release order, it's so annoying because I like it but can't enjoy or properly follow it because of this
Aug 12, 2021 8:53 AM
Jul 2021
Wtf is going on?!?! That explosion happened in like Episode 2 or something that feels like forever ago, and everyone was calling her Carrot awhile ago?! This time jump stuff is weirdly done in this show. And what happened to the girl Millia who looked basically like Sally who was with Mikoto?? Also the Ghost looked like Sally to me too, I wish they would change the eye color and the hair a little more because with the time jumps and characters looking similar I was thinking Sally was secretly an Ogre or something lol
Aug 12, 2021 9:11 AM

Sep 2015
This anime is not boring to me at all, but I really don't mind it being in a wrong chronological order.... but this is beyond that...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 12, 2021 9:25 AM

Dec 2020
So we see a little more of the past from mikoto that his father was killed from a half human.
Good that winnie help him and i like that Frau is such a nice person.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sใ‚ท

Aug 12, 2021 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't understand anything about this episode. wtf
Aug 12, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2018
Makes absolutely no sense to have released this episode after a couple of events which technically took place later... it just brings unnecessary confusion
Aug 12, 2021 10:28 AM
Mar 2021
This was a good episode, the hawthorne being sad part of the writing was so bad, but the rest was actually really good set up writing.
I love the dichotomy between the two peachboys, one is driven by ‘love’ persay and the other ‘hate’
Aug 12, 2021 10:52 AM

Oct 2018
very confused by how it's airing.... Someone know why they do this or it's the same for the manga ?
Aug 12, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. That poor Kenness did not deserved that.
I hate it when anime treats innocent characters like this.

Aug 12, 2021 12:10 PM
Nov 2016
I love how messy the timeline is. Feels a bit like Pulp Fiction. I kinda like it, depends on how it goes on an how it ends.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
KuniiAug 12, 2021 2:04 PM
Aug 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
I assume it takes some effort to make edgy Momotaro so boring with the blandest characters imaginable. Back in the days people were joking about things being as enjoyable as watching paint dry but I think we actually reached that point when it comes to most of entertainment industry. With the exception of sniffing drying paint being less harmful.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 12, 2021 12:53 PM

Mar 2021
my opinion of this show seriously drops because of the release order. Why do they think this is useful at all, its confusing and annoying as hell. I really like the concept and the story itself is pretty good as well, chronologically at least, but this order just messes up so much. It becomes way too difficult to place everything chronologically when Im watching 15 seasonals at the same time
Aug 12, 2021 1:46 PM

May 2015
FINALLY EPISODE 03 AT FUCKING LAST. Or technically 04 if we count the flashback episode, seriously what's with the messed up order of this anime... 04 > 01 > 02 > 07 > 1 or more episodes > 05 > 06 > 1 or more episodes > 03 > 1 or more episodes... did they think it was a cool idea to jumble the anime like this or the manga itself is jumbled or what?!!

On the episode itself, tho, Hawthorn took it better than I expected and it's funny how Sally wasn't even surprised meeting another... "boy"
Aug 12, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
Im just waiting to see the reason why killing ogres is bad. After all, every episode is showing that basically Mikoto doing the right thing.
Today cookie girl was lost.
Aug 12, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2017
I binged the manga because airing out of order is such bullshit, it's a shame they chose this because otherwise it's a good and faithful adaptation. I am afraid this stunt will murder any chance for S2 later. :(
Aug 12, 2021 3:43 PM
Jun 2021
this whole mixed episode order decision is turning out pretty badly
sonny boy deserves all your love and attention
Aug 12, 2021 4:49 PM

May 2021
Well while I hate the change of order and that this episode sucks for a half because there is no stake at all, the information about the nun, Carrot and Sally is somehow interesting. The Sally speech was stupid though
rip little girl too

Aug 12, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
I liked the episode more is coming is a point where I'm not understanding is anything that this show is doing in relation to the plot.
Aug 12, 2021 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Who ever decided to make this anime out of order should be fired immediately. I can barely enjoy this anime any more because it LITERALLY makes no sense when watching it like this.

Jesus and I feel like great characters such as Hawthorn and Frau will be forgotten for how shitty the episode releases are.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 12, 2021 6:14 PM
๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿ‘‘

Jan 2020
That carrot scene was pretty cute in the introduction part lol. Based on the companion and companion episode title perhaps it's the real episode 2 where she meets frau?

But it could be anything

Aug 12, 2021 7:08 PM

Jan 2021
So your trying to tell me that was a guy!? Just got caught in 4k I guess

Aug 12, 2021 7:46 PM
Jan 2017
This show would honestly be alright if they just did it chronologically, its doing it out of order to make it interesting and try to add this mystery of you filling up whats missing but that only really works for mystery genre where a character has amnesia or short term memory loss and you and the mc figure out what causes said mystery.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Aug 12, 2021 7:52 PM

Apr 2012
i am so confused
they have been calling her 'Carrot' for the last 2-3 episodes, i dont get how they dint knew her name on this episode and they named her that.
Aug 12, 2021 8:22 PM
Apr 2021
so this is chronologically episode 3/4?

Jirehhhhh said:
This show would honestly be alright if they just did it chronologically, its doing it out of order to make it interesting and try to add this mystery of you filling up whats missing but that only really works for mystery genre where a character has amnesia or short term memory loss and you and the mc figure out what causes said mystery.
it could easily be done right if this decision was reflected in the script, however if you watch each episode they feel like they were created to be watched in order, which suggests to me that this was decision was made in post, likely at least after the storyboards were complete.

if you want to chronologically mess with a story, you can't just mess up individual episode order, you have to completely rework the story order entirely. This decision doesn't create mystery, but confusion. It's an affront to storytelling.

speaking of affronts to storytelling, this episode featured a discussion about racism between Mikoto and Sally, and while it was more nuanced than the racism in 86 from last season, it was poor storytelling to literally spell out the message to the viewer. Moving pictures and sound give the term "show don't tell" a whole new meaning. It's a pity more shows don't use it.
Aug 12, 2021 11:15 PM

Mar 2021
OMG WHY DOES EVERY BOY LOOK LIKE A GIRL STOP IM TRIPPING EVERY TIME
Aug 12, 2021 11:32 PM

Mar 2018
Ok now I understand what's going on in this Anime lol
Aug 13, 2021 12:06 AM
Jun 2020
The more you continue to watch this anime the more you understand and connect the puzzle of this sequential episode.
Aug 13, 2021 2:58 AM

May 2019
The shows great except for the elephant in the room...

The order is so bad It feels like i'm not even watching a show, im watching spoilers instead

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 13, 2021 3:40 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, we finally reached the real episode 4 lmao and looks like next episode will be episode 10. Not that it bothers me, it's just pretty funny how we jump around episodes lmao.

I wonder why Sally's peach power didn't activate immediately against Somenki. Though based on Sumeragi stopping him, it probably would have activated if he actually hit her. I guess after meeting that witch of the forest is when Sally will get to understand her peach powers more. And the whole encounter with Millia probably happened in that forest as well.

Bro, that poor kid though got squashed or eaten or something. What about the cookies! Hawthorne took the destruction of his kingdom like a champ, at least there was one survivor, a gir- a boy.
Aug 13, 2021 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
oh gosh! did that little girl with cookies "Kenness" got squashed by Somenki!?!? poor little girl (sadness)
4/5.

Aug 13, 2021 7:05 AM

Jun 2016
fuck the score !!

this show is made for me !!
Aug 13, 2021 12:48 PM
Dec 2019
Is this a recap ๐Ÿ˜‚
Aug 13, 2021 5:10 PM

Aug 2018
sumeragi lookin kinda familiar ngl

mogu mogu

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Aug 14, 2021 4:49 AM

Dec 2008
this episode was great, but the wrong order escalated now I don't know how to get all the events together anymore, after a week of waiting this was bound to happen.
This time I thought Carrots boobs were quite distracting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2021 8:00 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't mind it being in the wrong order at first, first episode being aired later was like a flashback and it kinda fit. But this episode being aired after the last one just makes the story hard to follow.
Aug 14, 2021 11:17 PM

Dec 2020
man the way they're mixing up the episode orders is kinda pissing me off. you can do that and still get a good or maybe an even better watching experience of course but it just doesn't work with this show
Aug 15, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2017
The airing order is pretty hilarious ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I'm not that mad about it. Funny that it took 7 episodes for me to get an explanation of Carrot's name lmao Kyaratto because ninjin was too cringe
Aug 18, 2021 7:22 AM

Jun 2019
The story and characters are great and I'm enjoying the show, the only problem is that each episode i have to figure out where in the story we are (or look it up) and then place myself mentally in that part of the story and dredge up from memory what i know so far. It's really annoying, it's completely ruining the fluidity of the narrative.
Aug 22, 2021 5:12 AM

Nov 2013
Xaralabos13 said:
i am so confused
they have been calling her 'Carrot' for the last 2-3 episodes, i dont get how they dint knew her name on this episode and they named her that.

thought everyone knew by now that this was supposed to be episode 3 (or 4, whatever), as you can see it's right after the village got destroyed
this anime is releasing episodes in whatever order they want lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 1, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
I was defending the shuffle but they probably should have stopped at some point, this episode felt pointless here
Sep 14, 2021 3:43 AM
Mar 2012
"ep4"
lol Carrot.
Sally & Mikoto reunion, nice talk shows rarely talk about, tho she should travel more to find more brutal Somenkis.
mc became more independent a leader quite fast.
new trap!?
Gilgamesh became a priest Kirei can be proud of.
Schierke of Berserk grew up.
Sep 24, 2021 1:17 AM

Jul 2015
True devastating tragedy for Hawthorn and Berett by losing their hometown in a matter of a seconds without being able to do anything. also too bad Mikoto doesn't join Sally but at least a nice reunion

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.