Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, going shopping for a bra and girl underwear...
This turned out to be some awkward shopping date.

The segment at night made me roll my eyes a little. Poor Ikuo.
Mar 16, 2017 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
Touru's face when the guys where talking about being manly was so funny she really likes that kind of thing.
Anyway Kyouko didn't understand the underwear sentence from her sempai which resulted in some funny scenes and the lingerie shop.
And they are becoming more aware of each other which is also nice.
Mar 16, 2017 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
God the pacing on this show is so ridiculous.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 16, 2017 10:19 PM

Jul 2014
So that's the girl from the next arc, I suppose.

Tooru........I like Kyouko but still :'(
Mar 17, 2017 7:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Definitely the best episode. Shouichi and Kyouko were together almost the whole time in this episode. Their dynamic is amazing together.

The only focus in this episode was the romance. It seems like that girl who came rolling in is the girl for the next arc (if they do another one 12 episode season of course)
Mar 17, 2017 7:46 AM

Jun 2015
Shouichi and Kyouko had some nice moments together. He decided to become more manly after seeing what Ikou went through.
Mar 17, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

This is turning out to be the best arc of the series, Kyouko and Shouichi are my favorite in terms of pairing. They have a lovely chemistry together, especially since they're childhood friends, so their romantic development feels so much more natural and intimate. They better end this well, next episode.

Kyoko was just so adorable when Shouichi patted her head. <3 Technically she was adorable throughout the whole episode but full points for the head patting, oh and the pantsu shopping. XDD

Ikuo was rejected, poor guy. :(
Tooru with the wise words, nice to see her again. :)

That Moe-nee misunderstanding. XDD

Nice seeing Shouichi fired up at the end. :D
Looks like the girl who barged into the Home Eco club's room is the one for the next presuming they do another season.
Mar 17, 2017 9:00 AM
Aug 2010
We almost got truck-kun in this series. Nice episode overall, good develpment between the characters, but no idea how this is going to end.
Mar 17, 2017 10:24 AM

Oct 2012
Truck-kun just wants senpai to notice him. He's going for that cliché where they bump into each other, which marks the start of their blossoming romance. He just doesn't quite have the speed down yet

This was definitely a very nice episode for me, save for the dramatic irony revolving around both of them misinterpreting what they said to each other. I think my preference character-wise is Hikari ≥ Kyouko > Tooru. I love Hikari's personality the most, but I think Kyouko's personality and interactions with Shouichi feel the most natural and intimate, whereas Tooru I couldn't quite buy into

The Ikuo scene started off making me laugh at his actions and him falling down the slide, then I felt bad for laughing at his coping mechanism, then I burst out laughing again at the weird bromance between him and Shouichi.

Shouichi - Hears about Ikuo's rejection. In a consoling tone "Ikuo, let's play pro-wrestling together on Christmas night."
Ikuo - emotional and distraught "It's no good, with me being like I am right now... I won't even be a match for you in playing pro-wrestling!"

Next ep I hope it goes well and naturally, please don't be contrived or anything, I like this arc and want to stay that way. Next ep seems like we'll get some Hikari appeal during the Santa competition. Can't wait for that

Lelouch0202 said:
Looks like the girl who barged into the Home Eco club's room is the one for the next presuming they do another season.
I would actually like to see her arc, I like her design, but I haven't seen enough of her personality. I won't pray to the gods for a season 2 but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it, since I'm interested in Miu and Ruise
gust11Mar 18, 2017 12:01 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 17, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
That truck scene in the beginning, i thought i was watching some other anime =/
Such a weird episode, she knitted panties for him and then invited him shopping for panties for herself and wanted to try it openly ... And in the end the red-haired girl rolled into the club, that was so random.
1 episode left, let's see how the confession played out.
Mar 17, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty amusing episode, but it would definitely be nice to see some solid romance content just to finish the arc off with a bang.
Mar 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
dem mockery of Fuuka lol
The truck scene is basically telling that the usual, boring way is still way better than that piece of s*** we got at Fuuka
Mar 17, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder how next episode is gonna turn out!
Mar 17, 2017 5:02 PM

Jun 2012
So. Awkward.
This isn't how you do romance.
Mar 17, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2015
One episode left. This is probably the best arc out of the other two, so hopefully this arc will have a decent conclusion as well.

Mar 17, 2017 6:28 PM
Jun 2016
As much as I like this arc so far and especially Kyouko, something about this episode just felt off to me. Perhaps it was the pacing, but their interactions with each other (and first realisations of romance) were a bit less natural than normal. But I guess in a way this awkwardness makes sense in the context of the arc (childhood friendship blossoming into romance).

I wish Kyouko wasn't in such denial about the fact that she's developing feelings for Shoichi.

I had my suspicions that Araki-senpai was the one asking all the girls out after seeing the preview last week, as Shoichi isn't the type to do something like that. Shoichi and Ikuo's bromance is pretty good, very similar to Juinchi and Umehara in Amagami. And it gave him the push that he needs. I found it pretty funny how he was working out immediately after that. And we got an appearance from Tooru! It's probably the only one we'll get but it's nice to see she exists outside of her own arc.

Amagami did the buildup of romance before the finale much better but all in all, the SS Kyouko is going strong and I think we're in for a happy end (fingers crossed).

Something I noticed this episode: the girl who rolled into the Home Ec. clubroom (Hiyama Miu, I actually had to look for her name in the credits because I don't think it's ever been mentioned in the show) is supposed to be from another school isn't she? This is some serious laziness on behalf of the writers just throwing her randomly into each arc.
Mar 17, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2012
Probably my least favorite girl and arc. Glad this is almost over.
Mar 17, 2017 7:48 PM
Jan 2017
A quiet and heartwarming episode. Shoichi and Kyoko get significant development in their relationship and the Home Ec club get their hard Christmas task done. Unfortunately, Ikuo got his love confession rejected and that gets Shoichi to reflect on what he should about his feelings for Kyoko. Hopefully, it will all be solved in time for the finale.
Mar 17, 2017 8:01 PM

Dec 2014
typical guy becoming embarrassed over bra shopping ...how are girls so daring and then play it off like they are so innocent.... One episode to go
Mar 17, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2012
Kyouko knitted Shouichi underwear with a hole in the front!
So she doesn't just see him as the girl next door!
lol
Mar 17, 2017 10:57 PM
Jan 2017
LiquidGold said:
Probably my least favorite girl and arc. Glad this is almost over.

How so? I think is one of the better one's.
Mar 17, 2017 10:58 PM

Jun 2011
Why do the subs keep referring "yasashii oneesan" (nice older sister) as "girl next door?" They're not even the same in meaning. I swear, Crunchy subs are making it more enticing for me to just watch anime RAW.

Anyways, yeah the episode felt like it's not clear on what it's supposed to focus on. The Founder's Day subplot or Kyouko's romance. Unlike Tooru's arc, the former doesn't really complement the latter as well. Hopefully the finale salvages it all. Kyouko deserves a decent ending.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 18, 2017 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
Almost got Fuuka'd.

But the plot progression's rather out of hand.
Anyway, we need more Miyamae-senpai </3

And how'll the arc/series end, well, let's hope for the best for Kamita. Lel
Mar 18, 2017 2:38 AM

Oct 2016
Best arc compared to the first two since this looks more realistic with the MC's attitude towards the female leads.

At least he will get his childhood friend lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 18, 2017 10:28 AM

Nov 2015
This arc is better than the second one. I think I like Kyouko.
Mar 18, 2017 12:39 PM
Mar 2016
Man, does Ikou likes Toru?
Mar 18, 2017 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
A pretty nice and warm episode. Not much happened about from the romance. I'm starting to like this arc even more. One more episode left.

Tooru just fall for Shouichi when he was comforting Ikuo. Feel really sorry for him.

Can't wait to see how this will end.

Mar 18, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2014
Oh come on, I know some girls can be a bit naïve at that age, but this is just ridiculous.

Also, Kamita wants to become a man by doing push-ups? Really?

Apart from being the worst, this is also the arc with the least amount of credibility.

Best part was when the EC club screwed up their cakes: it made me realise how good this could have been with a horror or mystery element to it. Then again, that might make it to close to a poor ecchi version of Hyouka.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 18, 2017 5:01 PM

May 2015

Truck-kun averted! What kind of sorcery is this...?
Mar 18, 2017 6:26 PM

Aug 2014
Didn't like the episode. I watched it with a pity...especially seeing how Kamita behaves

good that this is ending in next week or I would have to lower my vote again
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 18, 2017 7:32 PM

Feb 2016
Kyoko, if you see me as a girl next door, why would you leave a hole in these?

This is some "Sherlock Holmes" level shit.
Mar 19, 2017 4:40 AM
Mar 2012
It's ok Truck kun there's always next time.
Ikuo part so awkward.
Good, at least the pair spent more time together than other episodes.
dat xmas flower & candy cane
They got re-childhood friendzoned.
Knit flyer is symbolic, so deep Kamita.
Mar 19, 2017 9:27 AM
Jul 2013
Childhood friend = boooooring AF
Toru = b e s t g i r l
Tsuneki = slut
Mar 19, 2017 10:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
kramXD said:
Childhood friend = boooooring AF
Toru = b e s t g i r l
Tsuneki = slut
Tsuneki is best girl bruh, deal with it

This episode was alright....The relationship between these two is the most natural it seems
Mar 20, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
If Kyouko's arc ends in the same manner like Rihoko's then this arc is trash.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.

To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 20, 2017 9:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Shopping for pantsu with the childhood friend, so cringy yet hilarious. Kyouko wanting the little kid pantsu at first xD
I don't get how shopping for pantsu can get embarrassing.

Moe-nee in that flashback scene xD
So cute.

Araki's way of trying to persuade the girls lol.
Nice to see Tooru again. Personally I found her the most likeable.

Mar 21, 2017 12:28 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kyoko is confused about how she feels for Shoichi eh. The step from childhood friend to lovers is a large step though. Its certainly understandable. Man that was a close save from death there though. Man what kind of driver just goes through a red light like that. Good thing Shouichi got there in time though. Since the home EC club only has so few members decorating the tree on their own is no easy task. That explains why Kyouko looks so tired though. Its funny seeing the usually bold Kyoko be so nervous though. Hmm so Kyoko wants to go with Shoichi to the Christmas date after all. In terms of experience i guess Araki has more experience with girls than Shoichi does lol. Lol though against Hikari even that wouldn't work lol. Araki and his rabbit jokes though lol.
Kinda glad that Kyoko is able to fit well enough into the hand me down coat though.

A childhood friend forever eh. Well it's a good idea to take things slow at first and let things progress naturally. Lol the first present from Kyoko is a hand crafted pair of under's eh. I can see why Kyoko is so embarrassed though. Lol Kyoko actually believing on her sempais and taking Shoichi to go shopping in a woman's underwear shop eh. Lol not knowing where to look is a common problem when in such places. Kyoko sure has a weird idea of underwear though. Who goes shopping with their older sister for underwear anyway lol. Lol Kyoko seeing Shouichi as the boy next door eh. Kyoko's attitude changing as Shouichi got serious was funny though. Lol even when pouting Kyoko looks cute. But its nice to see that Kyoko wasn't angry that things ended like that though. Hmm the decorations for the tree sure are impressive. At least the head of the PMC is now pleased with the results. Lol so that think that the chief touched was undies again eh lol. Lol using old cloths for Christmas tree decorations sure is interesting. Its nice watching their relationship change and advance though. Kyouko isn't the middle school friend anymore you know. Its nice that Kyoko seems to be enjoying her time at the club though. Lol Tomoe's punishment for Shoichi using her gear without approval was hillarious.

Hmm so Shouichi's friend is in shock that he got turned down eh thus turning to this stunt eh. On a plus note its nice to see Toru and Shiori again. Re enacting the motions for the hero eh. Being turned down is a hard experience though but its nice to have friends with you that you can lean in when it happens. Looks like Kyouko is starting to develop feelings for Shoichi though. A horror reindeer story eh lol. Lol being picked to check out the suspicious noise poor Kyoko. Lol guess the visitor did find the Ec club after all. Hmm Both Shoichi and his friend share experiences in that both got rejected. But in this case it looks like that may change soon. But he sure looks frustrated now. Lol Tomoe getting scared away by the hand knitted undies. A morning run to clear the head eh. But its nice to see that both realize that they have feelings for each other after all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2017 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
Truck-kun almost made his way to Seiren...

On another note, it was a rather curious episode. In a good way, unlike the previous arc. I wonder whether I'm getting old or the actions of those youths are almost nonsensical.

The strong bromance notes were pure gold, though. Moe-nee was also glorious.
Mar 22, 2017 5:31 PM

Aug 2015
Agreed on the fact that the two main characters have actual chemistry together compared to previous arcs.
Mar 23, 2017 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
yeah...really...a boring arc.
2/5.

Mar 24, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2013
trying to turn a childhood friend into a potential girlfriend is some next level shit. someone you've spent most of your life with, and only now in high school you start developing feelings for each other. it would feel odd, and by messing it up you wouldn't be able to confront each other the same way as before - it would just feel awkward. i think this arc will be the hardest for kamita to have everything worked out at the end
Mar 25, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
Nice focus on romance this arc.
Innocent enough.
Apr 16, 2017 7:13 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby development, let's see what the last episode has to offer though!
Apr 17, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Janethan23 said:

But Rihoko's arc ended happily in the 2nd season, why many anime fans don't count it? They count only the open ending of the 1st season which, I agree, is disappointing, so it's good they fixed it in the 2nd.
Apr 17, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
Hobgoblin2013 said:
Janethan23 said:

But Rihoko's arc ended happily in the 2nd season, why many anime fans don't count it? They count only the open ending of the 1st season which, I agree, is disappointing, so it's good they fixed it in the 2nd.

I'm referring to the 1st season that ended uneventful which took a 2nd season to fix.

Jun 20, 2017 10:41 PM

Mar 2015
Not sure if friendzoned or..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 13, 2017 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know if feel bad for Ikuo or to laugh at his reaction to him being rejected. Poor dude.
Also, I was wondering what was happening between Ikuo and Shouichi last episode and it turns Shouichi was just imitating Araki, lmao.
Mar 15, 2018 7:41 AM

Jul 2016
Shouichi likes to talk about "pretend wrestling" with Ikuo a lot. ;)
Jan 20, 2019 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
Same procedure as in the other arcs, only this time he gets shot down an episode earlier before getting into a relationship with her. Also she really has the brain of a child.
Jan 2, 2020 3:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I hope for a good end, this arc is really good so far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 14, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.