Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 2 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
49.7%
4Liked it!
30.6%
3It was OK
13.3%
2Disliked it
5.2%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.2
173 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 11, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's magic~ and funny noise

Another weird episode. That axe looks sharp as hell. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it. Dat bonding moments at the end there. Hero's gotta be a hero.
Oct 11, 2013 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
Another day at work and she is still getting used to the place.

That huge bee trying to pick a fight and flew off XD. It was funny when the robbery doesn't know what is going on until he is defeated. Quite a good bond in the end.

Episode was pretty much okay just the comedy of it was good.

Oct 11, 2013 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
That Inaozun interview meme is so classic and nostalgic !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUiCpk11ek
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 11, 2013 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
Man, Fino had me laughing though that conversion with the axe guy. Defeating him without really knowing what was going on.
Oct 11, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
Fino sure is a fast learner .. and I love how enthusiastic the higher ups of the store are "clap clap clap clap clap"
Oct 11, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
whoa, that clapping was damn cute. And nice bonding moments.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 11, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2013
funny episode, alot better than first ep 5/5
Oct 11, 2013 12:20 PM

Jun 2012
Manager-chan needs more screen time
HybridMBLOct 11, 2013 12:24 PM
Oct 11, 2013 12:54 PM

Oct 2012
I had a feeling Fino was going to be living close to Raul, judging by the end.
Oct 11, 2013 12:58 PM
Sep 2011
As expected the great animation quality presented in the first episode took a nosedive this week.
Too bad there's nothing worthwhile left otherwise in this show. Goodby generic harem series, you won't be missed.
Oct 11, 2013 1:01 PM

May 2013
That was quite a nice episode, I'm getting slightly more interested in the series now. The incident with the thief was amusing.
Oct 11, 2013 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
Vodkas said:
I had a feeling Fino was going to be living close to Raul, judging by the end.

Raul's Hall of Heroes - Fantasy alley 3
Phino's Overlord Castle - Fantasy alley 5

calling it now :)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 11, 2013 1:06 PM

May 2013
This was a good episode.
Oct 11, 2013 1:11 PM
Feb 2013
All that for just a couple of customer service phrases?
Oct 11, 2013 1:19 PM

Jul 2013
That MOANING!!

Eudaimonia said:
As expected the great animation quality presented in the first episode took a nosedive this week.
Too bad there's nothing worthwhile left otherwise in this show. Goodby generic harem series, you won't be missed.

Not sure what you were expecting. The art is quite standard for a comedy anime, I don't see how you can apply last week's amazing battle animation to everyday occurrences inside a shop. This series is clearly tagged as harem comedy, expecting great battle sequence-like animation every week is a bit out of place.. go watch Tokyo Ravens or Kyoukai no Kanata or something.
MoeGodOct 11, 2013 1:43 PM
Oct 11, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
That ending with Fino listing the 7 phrases was beautiful... awesome! *__*
Oct 11, 2013 1:41 PM

May 2010
Fino is so damn cute.... awesome episode.
Oct 11, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Less bouncing this episode. Was still pretty good imo, that last part was cute.
Oct 11, 2013 1:52 PM
Sep 2011
chaos86 said:

Eudaimonia said:

Not sure what you were expecting. The art is quite standard for a comedy anime, I don't see how you can apply last week's amazing battle animation to everyday occurrences inside a shop. This series is clearly tagged as harem comedy, expecting great battle sequence-like animation every week doesn't even make sense.. go watch Tokyo Ravens or Kyoukai no Kanata or something.

Oh, even the most mundane scenes can get improved with great art direction, creative cinematography and last but not least fluid animation. The first episode provided the latter not only during the battle scene but even during the parts set in the shop so there could have been the possibility that the show would keep it up further down the road. Which wasn't the case.
Also, Harem comedy and action don't necessarily exclude each other so genre expectations shouldn't play much of a role.
But well, I've seen enough to know that this show most likely won't be tapping into the full potential of its premise and just revel in its own mediocricity.
Oct 11, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2013
Fino is cute. Can be funny at times but nothing too hilarious. Made me smile enough to keep watching.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 11, 2013 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
Eudaimonia said:

Oh, even the most mundane scenes can get improved with great art direction, creative cinematography and last but not least fluid animation. The first episode provided the latter not only during the battle scene but even during the parts set in the shop so there could have been the possibility that the show would keep it up further down the road. Which wasn't the case.
Also, Harem comedy and action don't necessarily exclude each other so genre expectations shouldn't play much of a role.
But well, I've seen enough to know that this show most likely won't be tapping into the full potential of its premise and just revel in its own mediocricity.

Talk about exaggerating, personally I don't see that big of a difference between last week or this week. It's still watchable anyway, no botched animation or distorted body figure.. maybe you're just expecting too much. For me so long as the series fulfill its purpose (that is to entertain its demographic) then it's enough. Certainly it won't get a high score/rating but critiquing a standard harem anime for its art is futile, you won't get what you're looking for.

Also what potential? most light novel adaptions in this genre never has that much potential to start with.. same old cliches, different premises. But people will still watch anyway, you'll probably still watch. This series might see a few actions towards the end but this was never described as action anime so the lack of it shouldn't bother anyone.
Oct 11, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Overall enjoyable episode.
Nothing special though
Oct 11, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
That was pretty good, loved the animation, loved the bright happy atmosphere it gives off and main girl, I'm so happy she isn't a tsundere, I really like her character like this, clumsy, not really shy and really cute. Episode caused a lot of smiles but not enough laughs but really enjoyed it none the less.

symbv said:
That Inaozun interview meme is so classic and nostalgic !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKUiCpk11ek

XD Thanks for that that was really funny!
OrevatafOct 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Oct 11, 2013 2:35 PM
Sep 2011
chaos86 said:
Eudaimonia said:

Talk about exaggerating, personally I don't see that big of a difference between last week or this week. It's still watchable anyway, no botched animation or distorted body figure.. maybe you're just expecting too much. For me so long as the series fulfill its purpose (that is to entertain its demographic) then it's enough. Certainly it won't get a high score/rating but critiquing a standard harem anime for its art is futile, you won't get what you're looking for.

Also what potential? most light novel adaptions in this genre never has that much potential to start with.. same old cliches, different premises. But people will still watch anyway, you'll probably still watch. This series might see a few actions towards the end but this was never described as action anime so the lack of it shouldn't bother anyone.

Point is, it's not the animation downgrade (too be honest I would wholeheartedly accept botched visuals if it would only improve in other aspects...) or the lack of action that bothers me but rather the soulless execution of the whole thing. The tropes are used half-heartedly, lacking ham, audacity or anything that would make them set themselves apart. Look at NouCome, another harem rom-com airing this season! By comparison it just has much better comedic timing, better sound and visual directing and much more entertainment value. So no, having a harem description tagged on it is no excuse for what this show is delivering (or rather not delivering) right now in my eyes.

In the end it just comes down to the fact that it failed to entertain me. And that is the biggest sin any show could commit thus why I won't continue watching this anime for good.
Oct 11, 2013 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Eudaimonia said:

Point is, it's not the animation downgrade (too be honest I would wholeheartedly accept botched visuals if it would only improve in other aspects...) or the lack of action that bothers me but rather the soulless execution of the whole thing. The tropes are used half-heartedly, lacking ham, audacity or anything that would make them set themselves apart. Look at NouCome, another harem rom-com airing this season! By comparison it just has much better comedic timing, better sound and visual directing and much more entertainment value. So no, having a harem description tagged on it is no excuse for what this show is delivering (or rather not delivering) right now in my eyes.

In the end it just comes down to the fact that it failed to entertain me. And that is the biggest sin any show could commit thus why I won't continue watching this anime for good.

NouCome is potentially a golden egg but unfortunately it's an exception rather than the norm. This show's strong point (if you can call it that) is obviously its ecchi aspect, seeing as 99% of the female cast has large boobs. It's one of those series that expect you to expect nothing. Kinda like Hataraku Mao or High School DxD, all of which are neither too funny (in a rofl kind of way) nor have exceptional actions (even though they're supposed to be action series) but people still watch it anyway because it's fun to watch these kind of shows every now and then, even if the enjoyment level is not through the roof like NouCome.

If it failed to entertain you then that's fine, no one can force you to like it. I just see no correlation between standard animation and entertainment level. It's not like NouCome has exceptional art even though it is god damn funny!
Oct 11, 2013 2:57 PM
Sep 2011
chaos86 said:
Eudaimonia said:

NouCome is potentially a golden egg but unfortunately it's an exception rather than the norm. This show's strong point (if you can call it that) is obviously its ecchi aspect, seeing as 99% of the female cast has large boobs. It's one of those series that expect you to expect nothing. Kinda like Hataraku Mao or High School DxD, all of which are neither too funny (in a rofl kind of way) nor have exceptional actions (even though they're supposed to be action series) but people still watch it anyway because it's fun to watch these kind of shows every now and then, even if the enjoyment level is not through the roof like NouCome.

If it failed to entertain you then that's fine, no one can force you to like it. I just see no correlation between standard animation and entertainment level. It's not like NouCome has exceptional art even though it is god damn funny!

I'm fine with other people being able to appreciate shows like this more than me, its their right to watch what pleases them and who am I to judge, anyway?

As to the animation aspect, I suppose there is a misunderstanding as it wasn't my intention to imply that my lack of enthusiasm thrives from the animation at all. Heck, the Monogatari franchise is one my favourites and you won't get much more static animation than that.one, haha.
Oct 11, 2013 3:33 PM

Apr 2010
Still pretty much my only complaint is the censors, which makes me wonder if i should wait for the blue ray or the AT-X versions which could take a while, but the censors just spoil it for me.
The anime looks nice in general and has some nice scenes, and Fino's lack for common sense is rather nice to watch.
Oct 11, 2013 3:44 PM
Aug 2011
Hmmm, the comedy and the characters improved compared to the first episode and here I was getting ready to change that status to dropped. Yusibu you have my attention for another week.
Still out of the 30+ series i've picked up this season this is the lowest tier.

Such a wonderful and eloquent way of expressing opinions up there^^^ (which is something i'm not able to do) but this is a show where certain female assets jiggle around like gelatin even when the characters are simply standing there breathing.
Expecting grand cinematography? Let's get real now.
I'm not attacking, I just think those posts above were very interesting.
Oct 11, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
It seems they've reduced the bouncing, which kind of gets in the way sometimes.
Will keep watching to see where Raul/Phino's relationship goes.
And, why is this a Harem ? So far only Phino showed her affection for Raul, but the hero and the blue haired one can prove me wrong.
One thing is for sure, there are a lot of girls on it.
Oct 11, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2011
I'm really liking this show and there seems to be a bit of action in the next episodes.
Oct 11, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
This was good :P I'm glad they explained something about their magic
And wth, that writing scene..

Hoping there'd be some action scenes later.
Oct 11, 2013 5:26 PM
Sep 2012
Aww. I was hoping to see Capt. Picard grab some ass again.
Oct 11, 2013 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
First time ive seen some one rob a store with an axe and an african mask
Oct 11, 2013 6:06 PM
Oct 2012
JoksPacifist said:
It seems they've reduced the bouncing, which kind of gets in the way sometimes.

As I said last week, it isn't fanservice I mind, its annoying fanservice, so it is nice that they reduced it this week.

But ultimately while this show is watchable, the primary feeling I get while watching is regret. The world setting and basic concept is so rich with possibilities, it makes me wish that they dropped the harem setting and actually told the story about Raul in this world. A good example was the scene with his friends at the restaurant, instead of having them appear noble in their determination to become heroes, it would have been more interesting if that was an excuse for them being NEETs or something. Sort of like liberal arts majors having too much pride to take entry level positions or something. They could still have the fanservice and even let a harem develop, but this show makes me long for the show it could have been.
Oct 11, 2013 6:16 PM

May 2012
01:18 lol, shouldn't these stuff be explained in last week's episode 1?

01:25 Papasonikku!

02:12 so much fanservice, it's not even 5 minutes yet

06:12 sou da yo、kimisama no sei da。

Meh. 4/10. Dropped.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 11, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2010
What the hell is wrong with that blonde chick old friend of the MC? She appeared like 35 seconds and I already can't stand her.

Anyway, it was funny that part with the thief.
Also, nice to see some romance developing.

I guess then, from the next episode they will live closer. This is getting interesting.
Oct 11, 2013 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
lol at delusional hero wannabes.
Oct 11, 2013 9:07 PM

Aug 2012
shitty plot getting in the way of my ecchi. i wish this show would stick to it's strengths all this other stuff seems very forced. also the great animation from the first episode is completely gone not to mention they used a lot of footage from the last episode for both the opening and ending...thinking about dropping this one i'll give it one more episode.
CripborneOct 11, 2013 9:13 PM
Oct 11, 2013 9:27 PM
Jul 2013
She sold a refrigirator! CLAP CLAP CLAP! EVERYONE CLAP CLAP! LOOOL
Oct 11, 2013 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Anmoly97 said:

I know right? LOL
Oct 11, 2013 10:55 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was nothing special but i really liked it ^.^
Oct 11, 2013 10:57 PM

Jun 2012
Mikenzb said:
Anmoly97 said:

I know right? LOL
This.

Lol this episode was kind of the wtf kind of corny to me. It still has potential, but I think this episode was a major drop in quality compared to the last one; it seemed to be lacking in emotion... even in the one scene that supposed to be emotional (where she was showing off what she learned)... I mean, I can appreciate that she's having a hard time getting used to things, but learning 8 phrases in a familiar language isn't that emotional. But judging by the end, things might get a bit interesting, I just hope they don't cut corners to cram it into 12 episodes.
Oct 11, 2013 11:01 PM
Jan 2013
glad i watched it to the end found out fino living next to raul and he goes What kinda funny great ending :) this series looks like it could become interesting hoping by the end he can become a hero somehow
Oct 12, 2013 1:12 AM

Apr 2012
Much better than the 1st episode. Still has a long way to go though for me.
Oct 12, 2013 4:06 AM

Sep 2013
I loved that ending so much, now they'll being living with each other. Or next to each other.
Oct 12, 2013 4:27 AM

Oct 2012
The fanservice chopped by 95%, but still isnt an excuse for its dull humour.

But I'll keep on going til I last.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 12, 2013 6:03 AM

Mar 2009
^Yeah. Strangely enough, the boob jiggling and fanservice, in general, decreased dramatically here. Not sure if this show has much else to offer...
Oct 12, 2013 6:07 AM

Jan 2011
Fino is getting cuter and cuter XD

I feel that Raul is the most realistic out of all those heroes. That girl just gets pissed at Raul for getting a job which I think is better than being a NEET and hoping that the world will one day need heroes.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 12, 2013 8:18 AM

Dec 2011
Best line was the last of the episode.

It seems his ex-classmates all live nearby, and they all seem to view work as beneath them. I wonder what will happen when they inevitably find out about Fino.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 12, 2013 8:41 AM

Feb 2013
Fino is funny as hell, can't wait till next episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

94 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 12, 6:24 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2013

206 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 12, 4:10 AM

» season 2

Shomix - Dec 27, 2013

12 by James_xeno »»
Sep 11, 4:46 PM

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

5 by kiritsukiyoku »»
May 19, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.