3It was OK
13.6%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.3
22 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2007 12:23 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just can't handle this series anymore. *sighs* 1v1 baseball games...
May 8, 2009 9:26 PM

Apr 2007
^ I kind of agree with you on that. This season has been very disappointing :/
Dec 16, 2009 7:49 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, I agree. All of this extra stuff done just to make the game "exciting" is getting frustrating. I mean cmon, if this were real life Kaido would crush Seishuu. End of story. Meh, oh well. I still love this series.
May 16, 2010 8:47 PM

Sep 2008
Haha Toshi, you're such a loser. He should have deadballed him for the lulz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2012 8:03 PM

Mar 2011
This game is getting dragged on for a while.
Jun 28, 2013 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Well it is the big game they've been pushing for two seasons. Good work Goro, but now the a-hole will get involved.
Dec 10, 2013 1:18 AM

Aug 2009
I liked the ending, Goro was doing good. thats what I like to see!

Apr 3, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah "goddess of victory" my ass.

Also, there's way too much chatting between opposite team members...how come Toshi hasn't been warned for provoking
May 29, 2014 8:18 PM

May 2014
One moral lesson after watching S1 up to S3: Don't give up (which is I think obvious enough.) and TURN NEGATIVE INTO POSITIVE! WHEN IT RAINS, USE THAT OPPORTUNITY! XD

OH YEAAAAAH! Fuji-kun hit it FINALLY! FINALLY! OH YEAHHHHH! Welp, I was anticipating it already because he can't really hit a straight ball(from the very start of the tournament not until they fight Kaido and a knuckle went in) and just bats whatever. So that was probably his strong point. His character would have been quite half useless if this season would just end without him doing something EPIC! Aside from cheering his teammates and getting frustrated on how he can't hit a straight ball.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAH! I REALLY WONDER WHY?!! WHY IS A DEAD BALL SO FUNNY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Despite of this S3's unrealistic plot, I can't deny that I reaally admire the main character Goro-kun. Aside from he's always working hard, he doesn't easily give up, he's taking risks and chances, he's really not the PLAIN kind of an MC. He's sharp enough to know what aspects he is lacking and tries to overcome it.

Just a FLAW: I find it so weird that Komori hasn't even asked anyone why did Goro left Kaido.
violityMay 29, 2014 8:49 PM
Jan 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Nov 2009
Goro should learn breaking balls . . . Pitching as hard as you can for 9 innings game after game is a great way to ruin your should forever.
Apr 15, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
The complaints here makes me laugh a lot :D I agree 3rd season is lame, the drama is lame, the mc is lame, but this show is STILL BETTER THAN THAT KUROKO CRAP.
Jul 1, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
Hey, Mayumura smiled! A little bit.

It was extremely ironic that Toshiya tell Tashiro to stop being scared. He's pretty much the most sly one on the field right now.
Goro also left his pride home. That surprised me, the super proud Goro giving a base...

Xinil said:
I just can't handle this series anymore. *sighs* 1v1 baseball games...

I agree that this as been the main problem of Major so far, especially this season. At least, in the first season, I felt like the rest of the team actually progressed and became important members of the team. In the second season, the rest of his team was actually good, so he could count on his fielding and supportive batter, like Toshi. But in this season, it feel like everyone in the team is always overcome by the events, so it always end up being Goro vs the World. So the problem with this season so far is that even if they have progressed, they always fail to implement it in the game.
Soooo, TL;DR : Yep, the show pretty much revolve around asspulls. Being a shounen doesn't really help either.

The hopes I have for this show is that when he hit the professional scene, it will get more... professional.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2015 11:09 PM

Jun 2009
high school sports in a nutshell is a few good players and everyone else sucking. this is an exaggerated representation.
Aug 8, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
Exciting ending, too bad Gorou only has a couple decent players on his team.
Apr 23, 2016 4:05 AM

Feb 2013
Toshi helped them, good job!
Sep 4, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
Fuji actually hitting that knuckle ball was pretty hilarious. And funny how Toshi's provocation failed horribly, instead of making Goro throw an easy ball, he only made him more fired up lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 16, 2017 6:33 PM

Oct 2016
I've actually really been liking this game and the season that worked to build up to it. With players like Tashiro and Taiga, it's not /as/ much of a one-man show anymore, and Goro's teammates really support him on the field. Also I think Tashiro is my favorite catcher so far. When Toshi insulted him I got so mad!
Sep 1, 2017 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
I gotta admit, Fuji hitting a knuckleball is hilarious. They just need to stop throwing the ball straight amiright Fuji? Lol.

It's been a fun game so far.

I currently have this season scored two points below the other two. It doesn't have a distinctive wow factor like the first two did, plus the foot injury got handled poorly imo. It's still a good season, just not nearly as good.
Jan 19, 2018 1:48 AM

Sep 2011
One thing I don't like about this anime as of late is how fragile everyone is. Everyone is always getting injured so its getting to the point where its like will we ever get a game where everyone is at their best?
May 18, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2016
This season has been hard to get through, but I gotta say these last 4 episodes have really made me glad that I stuck through it. I'm finding these games nerve wracking and I enjoy the chatter of the players back and forth.

Btw, Fuji hitting that knuckle ball was great!
mshea1213May 18, 2018 7:31 PM
Jul 4, 2019 8:02 AM

May 2015
People getting mad at Toshi for trying to provoke the catcher because the battery is walking him but Goro has been doing that every single time he's been walked lmao
Mar 19, 2020 2:51 AM

Apr 2016
This match is going on pretty well, hopefully it can be satisfying at the end.
May 27, 2020 12:49 PM
Oct 2015
I was about to complain about Taiga getting hit by a batted ball, but then I replayed the scene and realized that the infielder got to the ball first and changed its directory, thus making it a fair play. Otherwise, Taiga would have been out and that would have ruined the entire inning's momentum. In other words, kudos to the writer, as I feel many people would have overlooked such an unusual play.

I will agree that this season is disappointing. Goro gets himself in a corner due to his own stupidity/arrogance/pride/stubbornness, and then is stuck with a bunch of guys that have never played baseball in their lives. 1.) Baseball isn't so easy to learn, so no, these guys should not be able to rival professional teams in the slightest, even with Goro as pitcher (to which Goro isn't even that impressive IMO), and 2.) Goro has improved so little thus far that it is irritating. Even just a change up or a curve ball would be nice, just... something to keep him from being an overly predictable one-trick pony.

I would have rather had this season be about Goro overcoming the broken foot, honing his craft while the season plays out without him (as is what happens when you get injured like that), and Goro is left feeling unsatisfied as he never gets the opportunity to challenge Kaido like he wanted, nor getting revenge on that "coach". Or maybe he sticks with the team as a manager of sorts that focuses on teaching others to be excellent players instead of being the untouchable ace that he always is.

I know I'm ranting, so I'll stop there. This season just... irks me, even though I still enjoy it lol.

Edit: Hmm, so he can actually "throw" a forkball as well, but he hasn't refined it. Well, still better than nothing but fastballs.
AndrewappsMay 27, 2020 12:56 PM
Jul 29, 2020 4:01 PM

Dec 2007
egashira orders for him to not being hit or sit on the bench is kinda mystery to me, if i recall right in S2 they said that kaido baseball manual restricted the pitcher for only 100 and so pitches, i believe he has done a lot than that, what happened to their manual?
fuji maybe useless but his pitches aren't.
and i liked the "twist" that toshi made goro not walking him but to go straight on, it's usually the opposite but this time it happened to goro.
I also loved the idea of goro of forkball, i hope it will not be the last time to try it, like his "change up" pitch from S1.
Oct 17, 2021 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
Uhm lots of flukes but still a massive win in my book with Fuji hitting the knuckle ball! Also funny to see Taiga when hit looking like a deer in headlight.Toshi provoking Tashiro kinda irked me but he does have a point on ironically Goro not wanting to face him head-on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alfe - Oct 1, 2007

51 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.