3It was OK
13.1%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.2
1,340 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2023 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Damn. Didn't think Leo was going to leave so soon. And in a sad way as well.

The Bloodline of Wings launch a coordinated attack in various locations. As Ragna wields the power in his hands and engages in battle, he encounters the true identity of the girl amidst the fight against the new high-ranking dragon, Crimson. In the midst of intertwining future memories and the present, Ragnar is determined to throw himself into the battle with the dragons to avoid the gruesome future he has experienced. He also resolves to face a certain farewell.

Oh shit I thought that his rejection/abandonment of Leo would transform her into that crimson dragon character. I'm relieved to have been mistaken. I'm enjoying the story thus far. It does seem logical to join forces with the Dragon King to eliminate the other overpowered dragons and safeguard Leo. Unfortunately, I don't envision Leo receiving a power boost substantial enough to contend with the formidable dragons that the MC will be confronting.

With Crimson and Ragna officially on the same team, the real story begins.

Oct 7, 2023 9:30 AM

Mar 2021
that was such a good episode. I wasn't expecting Ragna and Leo to part ways. Atleast not this early, but that was a very touching scene. His only goal since his precognition was to save Leo from her fate and once he achieved it, he still can't be with her due to the enimies he's going to face!!

It was an interesting way to introduce Crimson I guess.... But the last scene where he uses the bones of the dead dragons as his throne was so good!! I'm expecting good things from the next 22 episodes.

V1P3R0POct 7, 2023 8:21 PM
Oct 7, 2023 9:51 AM

Dec 2010
Man, this animation turned out worse than I had expected even from Silver Link. The important scenes seem completely void of any impact. Certain battle scenes that should happen in the blink of an eye are turned into almost slow motion for some reason. Expressions also fail to convey the correct emotions at times.
There's absolutely no way for a team of animators like this to do the really good fight scenes later down the line any justice. What a damn shame...
Oct 7, 2023 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
Separated from Leo already, damn. I would have liked to see them together more but oh well. Ragna and Crimson are together, time to annihlate all dragons.
Oct 7, 2023 10:05 AM
Jul 2023
Man goes all in on being a househusband.
Oct 7, 2023 10:12 AM
Mar 2021
Magnificent work!!
I didn't expect him to humiliate her so badly, but at the same time I don't think he could have made her break up with him in a better way.

Now lets all sit and enjoy this start of a new 10/10 anime with a overwhelmingly powerfull main character !!!

o0F0r3st0oOct 7, 2023 10:21 AM
Oct 7, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2023
and here come crimson, now we know why the series is called Ragna Crimson. I must say the pacing is a bit janky for this episode, but the part where Ragna and Leo partway and Crimson reveal are really good
Oct 7, 2023 10:19 AM
Jul 2022
DarkDooM2 said:
Man, this animation turned out worse than I had expected even from Silver Link. The important scenes seem completely void of any impact. Certain battle scenes that should happen in the blink of an eye are turned into almost slow motion for some reason. Expressions also fail to convey the correct emotions at times.
There's absolutely no way for a team of animators like this to do the really good fight scenes later down the line any justice. What a damn shame...

Huh? The animation was fine.

Oct 7, 2023 10:21 AM

Jun 2014
Ragna and Leo parted ways already, but Ragna will do anything if it means ensuring that Leo doesn't get killed.

A seemingly insignificant maid from the opening moments of the episode turned out to be Crimson in disguise. After denying it for the whole episode, he decided to finally reveal himself to Ragna in that final scene. That scene was pretty hype and did a good job of setting the stage for this journey on which Ragna, and the audience, is about to embark. The OP song playing in the background also added to the excitement of that scene, I'm really liking the song.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 7, 2023 10:33 AM
Nov 2018
meehhhhh could just make Crimson a woman. Gosh, why put this stuff everywhere. And it got such an annoying voice. Drop
Oct 7, 2023 10:34 AM

Jun 2021
Aw poor Leo got left behind but it's for the better. And Crimson is an intriguing character. From now on, he will be the company of Ragna.
Oct 7, 2023 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
It's rare to see genderfluid dragon, and the voice actor does a perfect job to keep the audience guessing Crimson's gender.
Oct 7, 2023 10:53 AM
Dec 2019
2nd ep was overall pretty good for me, but wasn't there something/someone missing? I read vol 1 of the manga a few days ago and i think there was like one enemy that would be ig not important but worth seeing his ass kicked.(could be wrong though) Probably switched the order for the anime? We'll see in ep 3

Oct 7, 2023 11:03 AM
May 2021
This anime is so epic 🔥. And I am already liking the chemistry between Ragna and Crimson . Let's see what this badass duo will do in this adventure!
Oct 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Jun 2021
That girl/guy really gives me the creeps....
She didn’t budge even when shared the whole thing in front of her. Makes her a real twisted guy/girl
Yandere_@lover
Oct 7, 2023 11:07 AM
Apr 2021
almost tugged at my heart strings did that. fantastic episode. fat flower dragons are so uncool.
Oct 7, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
The forest attack has begun, and Ragna races to the dragon that's kidnapping people, and aims to defeat every last dragon in the land, though finding Eliza Yorkshire serving as a maid, disguised as Crimson the Winged Dragon Monarch, formerly of the Blood of the Wing. But the maid claims to be someone else, and as Ragna gets stronger, Leo feels like he has reached his potential, and begins routing him out just because he would not let her join him. Now that Ragna's strong, Leo is dead weight to him, and she's picked up by Sykes as he bades farewell to her and picks up Elize instead, who doesn't know a thing. Despite that, Ragan proves his loyalty to her that he's learnt from Leo, but this creeps out Elize as he fell unconscious from his powers.

Indeed, Elize is the tomboy Crimson who like Ragna, wants to kill all dragons, and that leads to more dragons being defeated by his Silverline Battle Arts. A guarantee of beign offered pioison as a sign of loyalty, Crimson sees potential in Ragna to kill the dragons and their god, and the dragon slaying tale begins between the two, from teamwork to slaying Crimson.

Still a good start, all things considered.
Oct 7, 2023 11:24 AM
Sep 2023
great!, now the ball is in motion!
Oct 7, 2023 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
Man, woman, in between idc crimson looks feminine enough and is hot. Absolutely would.

Kinda wish this episode would’ve been part of the premiere last week. This really feels like the end of the prologue of sorts for the story. That ending scene was so damn metal.

“You’re supposed to do exactly what I tell you”Leo accidentally let her true feelings slip there, but honestly can’t be too mad at her. Ragna has been under her protection and basically a loyal puppy for so long, him just changing in the space of a few hours and becoming OP has got to be a massive shock.

Feel bad for Leo. I know Ragna just wants to protect her and keep her away from all this, but I wish he would’ve let her down softer. Especially after everything they’ve been through.

The studio really know how to snap on those Silverine Battle Arts fight scenes. That camera motion is so fire during those moments. The fight animation is great.

Crimson finally reveals himself. Badass entrance. Love how he planned to force Ragna to drink the poison and Ragna just ends up chugging it with no convincing needed 💀 they’re going to make an amazing team. The story is finally starting next week and I’m hype for it!
Marinate1016Oct 7, 2023 12:35 PM
Oct 7, 2023 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
I prefer my maids Crimson
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 7, 2023 12:47 PM

Dec 2017
Animation was an improvement from the first episode somehow (was it outsourced?).

Turns out Crimson can shape-shift as both genders but that's not stopping us weebs!
Hard to believe that 12yo kid attempted to kill Ragna after realising there's no controlling him anymore and weirdly enough Ragna isn't surprised like it's perfectly normal to be mentally deranged. That's the early blooming signs of a yandere, the sensible to do is run away from her.
karrotStickOct 7, 2023 12:51 PM
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 7, 2023 1:46 PM
May 2020
Ohhhh that's why it's called ragna crimson hahaha
Oct 7, 2023 1:52 PM
Sep 2023
its good but i have a feeling there wont be a season 2 at the rate this is going
The1DuNeedOct 7, 2023 2:33 PM
Oct 7, 2023 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
FFS, they really chose Ayumu Murase, the overly-casted, terribly pitched girlish voice actor to play one of the protagonists. That's already something to score this show down, what a horrible squeaky nuisance on the ears.
Oct 7, 2023 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
Reply to The1DuNeed
its good but i have a feeling there wont be a season 2 at the rate this is going
@The1DuNeed based on the character's casts that got introduced already, i'm pretty much sure this one would adapt straight to chapter 50ish, a point that this story would end well as a anime medium (And since the manga was near by that as of now its only at chapter 68 so would be around chapter 73 at the time anime ended)

so yeah, pretty much would be long time later for another season to go
Oct 7, 2023 2:28 PM
Sep 2018
Crimson is a pretty interesting character. Sad that Ragna just told Leo to F off since shes weak and live her life, that hurts man……
Oct 7, 2023 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
is it a boy or a girl?
jokes aside, cool episode, although I liked the first one a lot more. (⁠◡⁠ ⁠ω⁠ ⁠◡⁠)
Oct 7, 2023 2:44 PM

Oct 2020
That Miss Crimson is very scary woman.
Oct 7, 2023 2:46 PM
Feb 2023
Penteano said:
meehhhhh could just make Crimson a woman. Gosh, why put this stuff everywhere. And it got such an annoying voice. Drop

Your loss dumbass
Oct 7, 2023 2:58 PM

Mar 2020
wow, such a good episode, so far so good. I love Crimson, she.. I mean he's such a cool character. I didn't expect Ragna to leave Leo alone like that, but looks like Sykes is going to take care of Leo.
Oct 7, 2023 3:09 PM
Aug 2020
now we are ready for this great anime

i'm only at the chapter 10 but i really appreciate the manga, and the animation of the anime is good.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 7, 2023 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
What in the name of Buppa knock of was that? Crimson might be the only saving grace in this edge fest.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2023 4:16 PM
Jul 2021
Here we go, the pandering .... And I am so sick and tired of the pandering and "the message" for fudge sake! Enough is enough!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Oct 7, 2023 4:42 PM
Aug 2015
two episodes in and i can already say I'm pretty confident this is superior to full metal alchemist
Oct 7, 2023 6:27 PM

Apr 2022
welp another meh episode. edge fest indeed lol but i thought the crimson dude/chick had a slightly masculine voice but then i thought i was buggin.
Oct 7, 2023 6:42 PM
Nov 2016
I'm still not impressed by the animation, it's average and generic but it does have some tiny bits here and there that are actually good but for the most part, it's average and generic, but I'm not surprised anymore, that's what I should have expected from SILVER LINK so I guess I better start coping with it.

The episode was okay though and the introduction of Crimson was decent, it will turn off some audiences though since they are expecting Crimson to be a female but he's not, he's a male but he chooses to look girly and there's a reason for that and it will be explained later in a couple of episodes.

I am disappointed that they removed a scene that I liked in the 2nd chapter of the manga, it happened at the beginning with a flashback of the previous massacre, with everyone dead and with Leo decapitated, and Ragna holding her head while the flies are trying to land on it to start eating and Ragna trying to protect the head from the flies, that scene is pretty damn sad and metal as fuck, goddamn it, why did they have to remove that scene?

I guess the anime will remove a couple of scenes here and there, they have to do it if they want to adapt the whole Winged Bloodline arc in 24 episodes.
Oct 7, 2023 6:50 PM
Jul 2023
this was a pretty good episode. Ragna Crimson is easily my favorite of the season (though I'm not watching that many things). Leo's exit was sooner than I thought, but I'm sure she'll return before or around the halfway point. I was surprised at some of the similarities between this and Undead Unluck. Both have a character who loses everyone close to them and the super strong guy who can't die. this series is much less horny though as I'm pretty sure it knows how weird Leo and Ragna's relationship was.
Oct 7, 2023 7:14 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Cayusashi
this was a pretty good episode. Ragna Crimson is easily my favorite of the season (though I'm not watching that many things). Leo's exit was sooner than I thought, but I'm sure she'll return before or around the halfway point. I was surprised at some of the similarities between this and Undead Unluck. Both have a character who loses everyone close to them and the super strong guy who can't die. this series is much less horny though as I'm pretty sure it knows how weird Leo and Ragna's relationship was.
Cayusashi said:
this series is much less horny though as I'm pretty sure it knows how weird Leo and Ragna's relationship was.

Some people may find their relationship weird but it was nothing sexual at least, at the moment I'm watching the 1st season of "Mushoku Tensei" and this one is way, WAY worse with those types of relationship.

This comment is not for you obviously, it's for the overly sensitive people, If people are getting disgusted with the relationship between Ragna and Leo then for your sake, don't watch "Mushoku Tensei" because you will get a heart attack.
Oct 7, 2023 7:47 PM
Aug 2018
I will try my best not to drop this work.
Oct 7, 2023 8:55 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Hmm, dragon's weakness are sunlight and silver? Why does this sounds like vampire than dragon?

Also, goodbye "Ragna Leo" and hello "Ragna Crimson". Title makes sense now.
Oct 8, 2023 3:32 AM
Feb 2022
The narrative flows beautifully and as the story progresses the characters begin to flesh out. In this episode, Ragna affirmed his desire for the complete extermination of the Dragon Race with a new ally Crimson, a Dragon Monarch.
Hopefully, the store will unravel as finely tuned as most of the manga.
Oct 8, 2023 3:45 AM
Mar 2021
grafis mulai berkuarang mulai tidak menarik
Oct 8, 2023 5:17 AM
Apr 2023
Hot dang, Murase Ayumu's voice range can really take you from manly kid to a trap.
Well he always did that in the Iruma-kun anime too.

This was kind of a sad episode but if he wants Leo to have a peaceful life without the dragons, then it might be the best way.

After all, the title of the story is not Ragna Leo.
Oct 8, 2023 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
This MC keeps getting better.
Oct 8, 2023 5:59 AM

Jun 2016
not gonna lie !!

this show what i wanted very long long time and now happened !!

this totally badass and remind me of katekyo hitman reborn !!
Oct 8, 2023 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
Can't blame Crimson for wanting to kill all the dragons and herself. Dragons are so comically evil and retarded it's better if they're exterminated.
Oct 8, 2023 9:13 AM
Jun 2022
Good ep.. but bring back LEO!!!
Oct 8, 2023 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
Wasn’t protecting Leo pretty much the catalyst for the MC to awaken his powers? And now he just sets her aside to another place where she could get attacked and be in danger?
Oct 8, 2023 10:54 AM
Nov 2021
Muito bom,....................
Oct 8, 2023 12:42 PM
Sep 2023
Só parece que ele ficou apelãode mais, ams vamos ver oque vira.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.