Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
35.8%
4Liked it!
31.2%
3It was OK
19.2%
2Disliked it
5.9%
1Hated it
7.9%
Average 3.8
780 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ugh, some of these teachers are annoying to deal with in this show.

Pete also seems to actt somewhat out of her charcter this episode. The students at this academy really has to deal with all type of strange shit happening there. That singing at the end was some next level stuff though.
Aug 18, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2018
Good start to the vol 2 adaptation. I enjoyed the episode. 
Aug 18, 2023 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
With Nanao's 7th Spellblade and Oliver's intention to kill those who afflicted pain on his mother last week, we finish Volume 1 of the LN.
Especially, Headmistress Esmeralda and the other assailants, plus the OP's new final change in Oliver dawning the mask, Volume 2 starts here.

Pete's sudden sex change which throws everyone off, and instructor Dustin Hedges teaching broomriding, this is also a display of being a Kimberly student, 6 months in. Though Nanao with her mana, the bucking broom is the one that she chooses, and once again, she shows her class because it's the same broom that his mother once helmed. Michela's father Theodore being the class's alchemy instructor, and he's a real headcore fan of him, though because of his sex change he can't quite focus.

One of the assailants being magical engineering instructor Enrico Forghieri, Oliver knows the truth about him, though the others are skeptical about him. Oliver is sure about Pete's sex change, though this magic is something worth noting because his Reversi power is not just something that Withrow also knew about it, but a gathering that includes President Godfrey, this is a precedent that is not just Pete's alone. Many other students also experience sex-based magical traits, and have a closed community of their own, with includes his brother Gwyn and President Withrow's cousin Carlos.

It's great for Pete to find his identity not being a lost cause, and more mysteries will pop up as we go. Enticing, at the very least.
Aug 18, 2023 9:57 AM

Feb 2021
Nah this is insane, I was shocked when I saw the ED credits appear, this episode felt like it was only 5 minutes long. 
Aug 18, 2023 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
Btw I heard the last episode finished adapting volume 1. One volume in 6 episodes is really nice pacing actually. LN adaptations usually really rush through stuff.
The opening changed! Now Oliver puts on the mast at the end.
I thought for a second that I had been wrong all this time thinking Pete is a guy lol. The name of the episode makes sense now.
The brooms being alive is certainly unexpected. I like it!
Nanao tamed Oliver's mom's broom! How long do these things even live?
"Azia" so as I thought this is basically set in our world in the past but with magic. That's cool.
Pete's character is much more interesting now. Looking forward to everyone else getting their time to shine too.
In what language was that song? Is it an artificial language or just gibberish?
Good episode!

This episode title: リバーシ(両極往来者)— Reversi (both extremes coming and going person (this is basically a bunch of japanese compounds combined))
Next episode title: ライバルズ(挑戦者)— Rivals (Challangers)
EmbientAug 18, 2023 10:08 AM
Aug 18, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2019
Another great nanatsuma world-building episode that shows off just how rich and complex the magical elements of this world are. This episode was outsourced, but still turned out great!

The brooms are not inanimate objects, but an actual living part of the world. It makes the relationship between rider and broom so much more intimate when both parties have to choose the other.

Following volume 1’s plot twist and conclusion we also get introduced to the variety of characters and personalities that make up the Kimberly faculty. A real collection of oddities that will each pose their own unique challenge to Oliver and his group. Oliver has also lost the advantage of surprise, the faculty now know something is up.

Additionally, we get introduced to the sex trait magical systems. It’s not unheard of to see this in an anime, but it’s usually treated more as a joke than a serious topic like this.

Having an entire society dedicated to sex trait magical users being able to gather and make friends while figuring out their path in life is so cool. Pete being best girl and bro at the same time is really sweet.

There’s just so many layers to the magical elements in this series that I could go on and on about all day. Remember if it seems like something isn’t clear or you didn’t understand, the LN will go into more detail. Obviously going from book to anime means that the internal monologues and narration get cut a lot.

I still think they’ve done a great job of showing how many different personalities exist in this franchise and just how magical this world is.
Aug 18, 2023 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
Terrible plagiaristic trash...unless this is a parody. Mashle for the win
Aug 18, 2023 10:13 AM
Nov 2018
Man... right when this was getting good they add this crap 🤮
Drop
Aug 18, 2023 10:17 AM
Sep 2021
We got to know that pete is a reversi as the title suggests and it was a nice and needed focus on pete. The headmaster and teachers are keeping their eye on the mysterious killer mage.
Aug 18, 2023 10:17 AM
Sep 2015
Is this the first ever support group for sexual minority in anime history?

Michela's father, Professor Theodore McFarlane, reminds me of Gilderoy Lockhart.
Aug 18, 2023 10:22 AM

Dec 2021
With the newfound assembly of the teaching staff at their malevolent Round Table rendezvous, it's astonishing that I only realized they were far more than just distorted individuals after witnessing last week's episode, despite their outward appearances.

The transformation of Pete through genderbending and the revelation of Brooms as Magical Beasts marked a significant departure, illustrating the stark contrast between the visible aspects of school life and the concealed machinations of its shadowy underbelly.

Aug 18, 2023 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
So Pete can change gender between male and female. One more rival for Nanao? Hmm? I wonder who'll Oliver go after next.
Aug 18, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2013
So now that we're done with the prologue, we're finally starting to get more of the strong year 1 students being introduced, with 3 new ones this time around. Stacy, Rossi and Fay now have a voice and a face in the anime o/ (I really like Fay's look btw).

And we're also finally going to start having our main 6 characters getting some growth/development, with Pete starting the trend during this episode (well, technically I suppose you could argue that Katie already started the trend during the prologue).

First appearance for the rest of the 6 targets as well (not counting the flashback) though two still have no voice so far. Also wasn't expecting that broom addict to look and talk like that, I thought he was way older.

Speaking of brooms, yay the living brooms finally o/
and Pete being a Riversi is no longer a spoiler.

Nice episode overall, and good performance from Carlos's seiyuu at the end, that sounded really on point.
Aug 18, 2023 11:22 AM
Oct 2021
Ok. I'm gonna ask this question wherever I can cause I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!

If Pete can change sexes completely, does that mean he can get pregnant? I imagine the answer is yes so my next question is: What happens if he changes back to male while he is? Does the fetus disappear along with the uterus or does it lose the placenta and die? Can Pete control his/her changing yet or does he/she need to learn quickly?

I have no problem with Pete changing sexes but have you considered the implications, people?

Also, nice to see Guy doing something. For once it's not Oliver saving the class.
Aug 18, 2023 11:39 AM
Jan 2022
Secret333 said:

If Pete can change sexes completely, does that mean he can get pregnant?
I imagine the answer is yes so my next question is:
What happens if he changes back to male while he is?
Does the fetus disappear along with the uterus or does it lose the placenta and die?
Can Pete control his/her changing yet or does he/she need to learn quickly?

I have no problem with Pete changing sexes but have you considered the implications, people?

Also, nice to see Guy doing something. For once it's not Oliver saving the class.

1. Yes
2. It won't be pretty
3. He should be able to learn it.
Aug 18, 2023 12:00 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
4 months have passed since the events of Episode 6, with Darius Grenville being presumed dead. The prologue has ended and now we’ve begun the dive into the deeper aspect of Kimberly Magic Academy.

With the higher faculty being brought to the table, they are vastly different on the inside than what they show to their students and classes. The way they’re presented with their areas of expertise, it seemingly looks like the two are tied with their respective teachers. What I’m trying to say is their area of expertise can be reflective of their personality which I like with how it is shown. Maybe there’s a better way of explaining it but I’m not the best so shrug. 

I really like how brooms are interpreted, being seen as living things with their own preferences instead of an inanimate object. Brings out more of the world and the life around our group of characters, not to mention the broom partnering with Nanao is the same one as Olivier’s Mother which brings curiosity. It’s fascinating to continue being able to learn and understand more of the nature of magic and the world with how this show is.

Chela’s father has come into the mix as a substitute to Darius, the man who brought Nanao to the academy in the first place. (I think he did, correct me if I’m wrong) I wonder how he’ll teach a class but it is nice to see him being introduced. Speaking of introductions, we’ve also been welcomed to another target of the 6, that being Enrico Forgheiri. It’s kind of odd to see him, he reminds me of a crazy and wild scientist. With him being a higher faculty, it’ll be intriguing to see how he continues to act.

Pete now is revealed to be a Reversi, which makes him more compelling now. It’s a surprise to see that the two genders have better handling with different elements of magic, I think it sets the contrast well as Pete can use it to his advantage with improving at magic. A whole society of sex magical trait students is pretty cool to see, now he doesn’t have to worry about having to deal with it alone or feel like an outcast. 

I’m really excited to see where this continues to go, this show has a lot of potential and I hope it uses that potential to its best.
Also the OP is an absolute banger, just wanna say that. Leaving things off, have a magical Friday everyone :)

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Aug 18, 2023 12:09 PM

Apr 2013
Secret333 said:

If Pete can change sexes completely, does that mean he can get pregnant? I imagine the answer is yes so my next question is: What happens if he changes back to male while he is? Does the fetus disappear along with the uterus or does it lose the placenta and die? Can Pete control his/her changing yet or does he/she need to learn quickly?

So I'm pretty sure the answer hasn't been given in the novels until now, so anyone answering you like they know is probably just inventing it.
For all we know, it may very well be impossible for a prgenant Riversi to switch back to male when they're pregnant, as the foreign life part of them may hinder that completely. Or, in reverse, they may stay pregnant as male just the same even if they revert, or, the foetus may be magically still contained by simply not physically here, or something.
After all, mages in this verse alter reality around them by just existing, and Riversi are more magical than normal mages. They're like a rare type of mage, like Nanao is with her innocent colour. As Oliver said, it is an advantage for a mage to be one. So it wouldn't be surprising if riversi had special phenomenons happening to them and their foetus when they're pregnant.

Aug 18, 2023 12:10 PM

May 2020
Who's the author bro and what kind of books he read before penning down this stupid as fuck idea of "gender interchange" spell lmaooooo. And moreover having the nerd go through this.

I mean there were already enough girls to give our invincible-kun company, there was no need to go this modern right?
Aug 18, 2023 12:44 PM
Oct 2021
Zefyris said:
Secret333 said:

So I'm pretty sure the answer hasn't been given in the novels until now, so anyone answering you like they know is probably just inventing it.
For all we know, it may very well be impossible for a prgenant Riversi to switch back to male when they're pregnant, as the foreign life part of them may hinder that completely. Or, in reverse, they may stay pregnant as male just the same even if they revert, or, the foetus may be magically still contained by simply not physically here, or something.
After all, mages in this verse alter reality around them by just existing, and Riversi are more magical than normal mages. They're like a rare type of mage, like Nanao is with her innocent colour. As Oliver said, it is an advantage for a mage to be one. So it wouldn't be surprising if riversi had special phenomenons happening to them and their foetus when they're pregnant.

Ok I wasn’t expecting anyone to answer seriously. At the same time I was expecting this answer. It’s not like I want the show to deal with that or even acknowledge it as possible. It’s just a funny thing to think about. And you’re right that it’s magic so they can come up with something if they need to.

Now that that boring disclaimer is out of they way I have more questions:
IF IVF TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPS, CAN PETE GIVE BIRTH TO A CHILD WITH ONE BIOLOGICAL PARENT?
Can HE impregnate HERSELF??? This sentence makes sense????
The possibilities are truly endless.
Aug 18, 2023 12:58 PM
Mar 2019
Penteano said:
Man... right when this was getting good they add this crap 🤮
Drop
Unfortunately yeah... I hope the next episode is better
Aug 18, 2023 1:38 PM
May 2021
pete is revealed to be a reversi, meaning he can switch between genders. basically gender fluid, lmao. and oliver really cementing himself as my favorite character in the series by not making a big deal about it when he realizes what's up. he instead gently explains to pete what happened and what it means for him. he then points out the positives of it to help pete feel better about it. oliver is such a sweetheart. i really do like him
My 2023 candies:
Aug 18, 2023 1:41 PM
Aug 2010
So now we have gender ideology in our anime... might be dropping this.
Aug 18, 2023 1:48 PM
Apr 2020
FUNNY HOW BIG RUNNNING SHOW LIKE ONE PIECE GETS AWAY WITH THE GENDERSWAP, BUT PEOPLE ARE PRESSING THIS TOPIC SO HARD RIGHT NOW, SAYING THAT THIS SERIES IS BAD BECAUSE IT DARED TO INCLUDE IT.
Aug 18, 2023 1:54 PM
Jul 2019
OOF the qwerty is going for the anime. Jk I hope it isn't but it the episode was pretty boring and uninteresting to say the least. I hope it won't go sideways as usually with this type of shit happens
Aug 18, 2023 2:17 PM

Jun 2017
Gender bending has its audience and stuff (especially ecchi centered anime) but in this series it just feels out of place. It adds nothing to the plot, I want to see Oliver commit more murder.
Aug 18, 2023 2:59 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao so now we got the magical gay and the magical gay clubs. I mean sure let's get woke af with it.
Aug 18, 2023 3:05 PM
Oct 2021
Does anyone know the words for the song that was sung at the very end of this anime? It was really cool, and it didn't have subtitles :-/

On a different note, this episode just *has* to be my absolute favourite of the series. So relatable, and these kinds of themes are rarely treated seriously. Definitely glad I watched it.
Aug 18, 2023 3:14 PM
Sep 2015
 The sixth episode of this shit was the only one that made me feel like "Wow, so this is why people like it". It was cool, it was good, although with some of the previous failures that this anime has since episode 1.

And then we come with this shit, absolutely western propaganda. Lmao, like what? 
 I can bear with the "White Girl Prototype" wanting "Civil Rights" for no civilized beings, I can.
 I can bear with the "Harry Potter japanese version kawai desu" that just makes you think "Maybe I should read/watch Harry Potter instead", I can.
 But now with this fucking, and encrypted, "gender dysphoria"? KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.
 I cannot and I will not.

God, I wish someone said how disgusting this work is. I would never watch it. I have my sin in it too, I should have dropped when I saw the white girl prototype, now I was obligated to see the "White boy prototype".

Imma out, instant drop.
 The author of it must be one of the most westernized japanese of all time, how come he is a Harry Potter fanboy? The author of Harry Potter does not like this type of shit, but the japanese one likes it at a degree to install the cenary in a bad "Harry Potter" like anime.

I wonder, what is the next propaganda that this anime will have? A victim of SOCIETY that kills, rape and thiefs but just because SOCIETY makes he do it? Absolutely hilarious.
 I like and watch anime to be free of propaganda, therefore I will not watch a westernized anime.
Aug 18, 2023 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
Vooo said:
Terrible plagiaristic trash...unless this is a parody. Mashle for the win
lmao. There is zero sense in the Mashle world. 7 spellblades at least trying to do something right
Apr 2020
This episode was a bit of a letdown compared to the last, nonetheless it was okay. So Pete discovered himself being a reversi which is basically genderfluidity with magical boosts, I have absolutely no problem with that. Of course some will make a huge deal about it blahblahblah but whatever. The pacing was a little bit off though. 
The main problem for me was the sort of club at the end, the 3 characters that were presented to us in it were very stereotypical and it felt pretty awkward. I'm sure that this part wasn't meant to be like that but the way they put it made it feel a little bit out of place.

Apr 2013
Wow I didn't know MAL was a lair for so many transphobic peoples, that's crazy. It's not even like Pete is a trans, he genuinely became a full female and has every single part of a body a woman has, and none of those exclusive to a male anymore right now. It's not like Pete wished for it too.

Also, the story isn't trying to be woke or anything, but I'd suppose this kind of subtlety is fully lost to peoples like that. Like, literally, as we've seen since the beginning of the show, if something is a benefit for their research or goal, mages will approve of that something. If it's a hindrance to those, even if that thing is better for others, they will disapprove of it. Reversi condition, as Oliver started to describe, brings plenty of advantages to a mage and no real inconvenient to their research or goal. So the Reversi condition is, per se, something regarded as envious by most mages out there. just for that. Just like any other rare beneficial condition, like having Nanao's condition of hair turning white for example, is regarded as a good thing.
Truth be told, mages don't give a f*** in one way or the other about gayness or gender fluid or trans peoples or whatever. They just don't care at all. I don't think I've ever seen any character in 11 volumes have a comment about any LGBTQ+ peoples and I don't think there'll ever be one. Because LGBTQ+ isn't giving any change to their magic or helping their research whatsoever.

But Reversi? Now we're talking, that's something they, as mages, get benefit from, so bring it on. Not more, and not less, than any of the other condition like the Innocent Colour from Nanao.

But yeah, if this triggers you so much you're better quitting this anime now. The second arc will last until the end of the season, and Pete... Is a very important character in the second arc. And no, not a single mage in the story is going to get disgusted at Pete for being a Reversi like you did, so you won't find any kindred spirit in there either. So get lost lol.

Aug 18, 2023 3:52 PM
Oct 2016
Following last episode wild tone shift this episode here basically just reverted back to the beginning of the show like almost nothing happened. Other than the evil teachers gathering to discuss Grenville disappearing and the students making a brief comment, its like last episode didn't change anything. So this episode was kinda just fine like the early ones. No big moments or even any action other than zapping snakes. Broom riding class was pretty cool at least. It reminded me of an extreme version of when in harry potter the sand chooses the wizard. Here the brooms being sentient in their own way not letting just anyone ride them. They were almost temperamental in their behavior with some easy approaching the students while others didn't come close. Nanao picking the same broom that Oliver mother had before is pretty telling. Maybe it can be Nanao that pulls Oliver back from the edge of his revenge abyss. Pete switching genders is interesting, didn't even imagine that could be a possibility. I'm glad that Pete could find other magic users there for support. Oliver was very understanding and helpful too. I hope we get more revenge stuff soon.
Aug 18, 2023 4:08 PM

Mar 2010
MomoSinX said:
Gender bending has its audience and stuff (especially ecchi centered anime) but in this series it just feels out of place. It adds nothing to the plot, I want to see Oliver commit more murder.
Dude this isn't a doujin. If you don't like a potential trans narrative about one of characters just say so.

There is also basis for the first part of your comment either. Nothing says magic can't affect your body anymore than lets shoot fireballs. In fact we have already examples with Nanao's hair color changing due mana her body becoming high excited, Ophelia's charm magic being an aspects of her body chemistry, Vassna can transform her part of her body in beastly claws. Pete's traits is just an extension of that. Spellblades more than just about Oliver's revenge, there world and characters that exist outside of him and thery are getting fleshed out right now.
phantomfandom said:
Is this the first ever support group for sexual minority in anime history?

Michela's father, Professor Theodore McFarlane, reminds me of Gilderoy Lockhart.

KennaIsANerd said:
pete is revealed to be a reversi, meaning he can switch between genders. basically gender fluid, lmao. and oliver really cementing himself as my favorite character in the series by not making a big deal about it when he realizes what's up. he instead gently explains to pete what happened and what it means for him. he then points out the positives of it to help pete feel better about it. oliver is such a sweetheart. i really do like him
Yep, It show the depth of magic of this world, its not just shooting fireballs and callng it a day. It core culture and eevryday and impacts people significantly.

As expected, some posters would be pretty terrible about this. One minute the show is generic, and then when its doing unique stuff its bad too, classic MAL. 
Iron_MawAug 18, 2023 4:11 PM
Aug 18, 2023 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
Dukino said:
Following last episode wild tone shift this episode here basically just reverted back to the beginning of the show like almost nothing happened. Other than the evil teachers gathering to discuss Grenville disappearing and the students making a brief comment, its like last episode didn't change anything. So this episode was kinda just fine like the early ones. No big moments or even any action other than zapping snakes. Broom riding class was pretty cool at least. It reminded me of an extreme version of when in harry potter the sand chooses the wizard. Here the brooms being sentient in their own way not letting just anyone ride them. They were almost temperamental in their behavior with some easy approaching the students while others didn't come close. Nanao picking the same broom that Oliver mother had before is pretty telling. Maybe it can be Nanao that pulls Oliver back from the edge of his revenge abyss. Pete switching genders is interesting, didn't even imagine that could be a possibility. I'm glad that Pete could find other magic users there for support. Oliver was very understanding and helpful too. I hope we get more revenge stuff soon.
Because any good story more than just big actions moments. More importantly about fleshing out the character and world this what is about. Spellblade's just killing his teachers and then stops. More importantly this episode is showing how much Spellblades is own thing not just some derivative other magic academy stories or HP.
Iron_MawAug 18, 2023 4:32 PM
Aug 18, 2023 4:58 PM
Aug 2020
this episode was not useful

i don't understant what the mangaka was trying to do with this character.

was that really important for the story.

if it was like tengoku, i will say ok but here...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 18, 2023 5:07 PM

Jun 2015
One more magical girl looks good. Just the guy who wets himself and electrocutes snakes to go and we full harem! Best girl and her bucking broom. MCs mams broom no less. The guy who found best girl is is princess dad has tured up back at college and teaching alchemy. It did have me thinking if the reversi effect has anything to do with alchemy, giving well, alchemy changes things. Solid episode this week. Could of done with a little more action and wizard battles for my liking but pace seems decent and the dungeon at night is an ever present threat.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 18, 2023 5:16 PM

Mar 2008
That's nice way for the brooms to be depicted as living entities instead of just magical tools. More interesting to go that route.

Hopefully Pete will be a little less annoyingly big headed acting in girl mode. But I do wonder what this other sex type magic is supposed to involve if there is more than just reversi. Do they mean biological sex or do they also mean sexual stuff too? I'd hope they'd show some amusing ones lol.
Aug 18, 2023 5:27 PM

Apr 2013
traed said:
That's nice way for the brooms to be depicted as living entities instead of just magical tools. More interesting to go that route.

Hopefully Pete will be a little less annoyingly big headed acting in girl mode. But I do wonder what this other sex type magic is supposed to involve if there is more than just reversi. Do they mean biological sex or do they also mean sexual stuff too? I'd hope they'd show some amusing ones lol.

To be clear it is heavily implied in what Oliver said that Pete never really was "tsundere" archetype per se, and that his latent Reversi condition was making him unable to really measure properly his place in society among his pairs, making him behave awkwardly and reject other getting too close. So contrary to many tsundere out there that are just like that for the sake of the "waifu archetype", Pete had good reasons to be rejecting others being too close and for being socially awkward.
Aug 18, 2023 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
Series actually brings something interesting into its worldbuilding and ofc peope complain because OMG gender bender and potentially LGBT

Really looking forward to seeing how is this gonna be more explored since rarely do you see this stuff portrayed seriously in anime
Aug 18, 2023 5:39 PM

Mar 2008
Zefyris said:
traed said:

To be clear it is heavily implied in what Oliver said that Pete never really was "tsundere" archetype per se, and that his latent Reversi condition was making him unable to really measure properly his place in society among his pairs, making him behave awkwardly and reject other getting too close. So contrary to many tsundere out there that are just like that for the sake of the "waifu archetype", Pete had good reasons to be rejecting others being too close and for being socially awkward.

I wasn't getting tsundere vibes more like arrogance and stubbornness out of trying to prove one's self to others due to not being from a magical family is what I meant. Otherwise I don't see a reason it would keep being brought up.
Aug 18, 2023 5:51 PM

Sep 2018
Edgy is a word I don't often use when I'm describing anime, but some of these scenes lol, it really brings it home that this show was tailor made for teenage boys (yes, teenagers can watch gory stuff as well lol). That teacher meeting was hilariously cringe and that final scene "iT piSsEs mE oFf" was the cherry on top to finish this episode off.

I put it in the same tier as Tomodachi Game, Blue Lock, etc, shows that take themselves seriously, but aren't stimulating enough or mindlessly entertaining enough, they fall somewhere between the middle and become pure mediocrity (well, Tomodachi Game was absolute garbage, while Blue Lock was just OK, though the point is there).

Also, I bet some of you clowns didn't drop To Love Ru, when a gender bending character was introduced lol, what a ridiculous reason to drop, especially when there's a multitude of other things to complain about.
Aug 18, 2023 6:09 PM
Jan 2022
TBH Pete is a magical human who can actually change his sex. As in he literally turns into a biological female. Ranma 1/2 had this plot element what, 30 years ago?
Aug 18, 2023 6:11 PM

Jul 2014
What has anime industry stepped into...
WHY does everything has to have a slight chunk of LBGT? I hope this is not going to a mainstream thing for future animes.
I've seen enough of this for the past 3 years.
ReiaaAug 18, 2023 6:19 PM
Aug 18, 2023 6:11 PM
Mar 2020
What's refreshing about this is that Uno-sensei doesn't do that with Pete and in fact, he's able to have moments o shine moving forward. This event changes Pete's life forever and it leads to significant character growth. My advice: Keep watching and see where it goes before you go labeling this as woke propaganda. Cuz it isn't that, trust me. 

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Koito91Aug 26, 2023 10:00 AM
Aug 18, 2023 6:15 PM
Mar 2020
traed said:

Hopefully Pete will be a little less annoyingly big headed acting in girl mode.  But I do wonder what this other sex type magic is supposed to involve if there is more than just reversi. Do they mean biological sex or do they also mean sexual stuff too? I'd hope they'd show some amusing ones lol.
Ophelia's monster birthing ability is actually a prime example of sex-based magic. 
Aug 18, 2023 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
MomoSinX said:
I highly doubt you will see more than 2 murders, 1st one being way too late. (Ep 6)
Aug 18, 2023 6:23 PM
Apr 2020
MRD_Crowe said:
traed said:

Hopefully Pete will be a little less annoyingly big headed acting in girl mode.  But I do wonder what this other sex type magic is supposed to involve if there is more than just reversi. Do they mean biological sex or do they also mean sexual stuff too? I'd hope they'd show some amusing ones lol.
Ophelia's monster birthing ability is actually a prime example of sex-based magic. 
that is a great a catch didn't even realize
Aug 18, 2023 6:27 PM

Mar 2008
MRD_Crowe said:
traed said:

Ahh now you mention it yeah that would make sense for one.
Aug 18, 2023 6:33 PM

Mar 2010
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Edgy is a word I don't often use when I'm describing anime, but some of these scenes lol, it really brings it home that this show was tailor made for teenage boys (yes, teenagers can watch gory stuff as well lol). That teacher meeting was hilariously cringe and that final scene "iT piSsEs mE oFf" was the cherry on top to finish this episode off.

I put it in the same tier as Tomodachi Game, Blue Lock, etc, shows that take themselves seriously, but aren't stimulating enough or mindlessly entertaining enough, they fall somewhere between the middle and become pure mediocrity (well, Tomodachi Game was absolute garbage, while Blue Lock was just OK, though the point is there).

Also, I bet some of you clowns didn't drop To Love Ru, when a gender bending character was introduced lol, what a ridiculous reason to drop, especially when there's a multitude of other things to complain about.   
I don't you know what edgy is if your calling this show that. Edgy describe over-top violence, gratuitous rape and other things done for shock value rather than character or narrative benefit. Spellblades has no content close to that and certainly nothing like Tomodachi Game.
Aug 18, 2023 6:42 PM

Sep 2018
Iron_Maw said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

I don't you know what edgy is if your calling this show that. Edgy describe over-top violence, gratuitous rape and other things done for shock value rather than character or narrative benefit. Spellblades has no content close to that and certainly nothing like Tomodachi Game.
Directing wise, it's incredibly edgy, but that's just my opinion. The stuff you explained is generally used for both shock value and character/narrative benefit, they're oftentimes not mutually exclusive, and yes, they're sometimes edgy. I know you're a stern defender of this show, but my opinion is unwavering this far into the show lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.