3It was OK
17.1%
2Disliked it
4.4%
1Hated it
7.6%
Average 4.0
158 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Special talent lol. Carla always has her ways of words.

So they did an episode of our adventurers facing off against a "boss" type of character but of course, it's treated as a parody. Alvin may not be the strongest warrior in the show but at least she's got guts. And it's cool to see characters from the past come back to lend a hand.

The battle itself was pretty much a joke but still quite amusing if you ask me.
Jun 26, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
The rescue mission of saving the dwarves, and aside from Carla having a personal vendetta against them, Alvin, Carla and the rest help out in this final endeavour.

Finding the villain Dorman takes time for the group in this godforsaken castle, whm they want the artifact as it could bring their destruction. And beneath a new moon, the duo and Ryoko make their way discreetly in the castle to find the kidnapped dwarves, whom they have the mayor's word. And in this castle that's owned by the dwarves, there's endless traps that Alvin fell for it, his "special talent" that Ryoko is his saving grace.

The crown artifact is reached, and Dorman sees them all. Yet, Carla still has the cheek to parody this as a joke, putting herself in danger, this time to good use as a sacrifice while both Ryoko and Alvin escaped, and wanting to get the feel for being a female lead for once. Right on, Carla. So the crown artifact on a full moon is weakened, and somehow both Alvin and Carla had a backstory of sorts that's just made up at the spot for motivation, but there's a way to get it back into form: through a healer's helaing spell.

Too bad, Dorman, Brigan and his minions surround Alvin, Carla and Ryoko, and the unlikely source is all of the characters from the series shown thus far to help them out. The bastardized animation aside, the elve and Medusa doing the whipping that's just totally LMAO levels of ridiculousness. And for once, Carla does her magic as expected, and eventually saved the day by beating an old man. The distance curse is gone...not yet, and this idiosyncratic bunch of people forming a party, too bad Alvin's gonna keep sticking with Carla, the healer who's a pain in the ass.

Even at the ending, this show is unabashed to show off its comedy, and this is the funniest episode of them all. This show is unironically good though.
KANLen09Jun 26, 2022 5:57 AM
Jun 26, 2022 5:42 AM

Sep 2018
Probably one of the weaker episodes of the entire season, but overall, this anime was brilliant. MY AOTS personally. 9/10.
Jun 26, 2022 6:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well that's the end at least the did good this time, maybe there is hope for them after all as a successful party.
It was nice for all the people and monsters they met on their journey to help out defeating the enemies.
Guess they left a impression.
Jun 26, 2022 6:46 AM
Aug 2009
I liked the series quite a bit. While the chances are low, I hope to see more of it.
Jun 26, 2022 7:24 AM
Jan 2020
Well, that's a mediocre 12 weeks. I'll prolly forget this thing's existence tomorrow lol.

I'm not gomenasorry
Jun 26, 2022 7:27 AM

Jun 2021
So, according to the episode's title, the final episode is an original story because the manga doesn't have a suitable scene that can be used as an ending.

Are those PlayStation buttons?! I like that everyone came back for the finale and Alvin screaming the title at the end was the perfect way to end this show.

Overall, I found this anime hilarious! I can understand that its humor is not for everyone but I totally had fun with it.
Jun 26, 2022 7:32 AM

Jun 2021
Idk if that was really an original story like the episode description said, but it was certainly an enjoyable finale. A lot more action packed than the other episodes. And it was nice to see literally everyone Carla and Alvin encountered before showing up in the end. Those monsters sure were nice! I guess after this Alvin might finally earn like a quarter of a star. Maybe a half star because that old dude actually had some tough magic lol.

All in all, this was a decent finale to a ridiculously goofy series.
Jun 26, 2022 7:37 AM
Mar 2021
I enjoyed it. I know this type of comedy isnt for everyone but I hope there's a 2nd season
Jun 26, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
After watching this show, I think there should be a show that mocks the templates of isekai stories more straightforwardly.

Jun 26, 2022 8:57 AM

Dec 2016
It wasn't exactly the kind of comedy that makes you laugh out hard, but it was pretty fun nontheless, pretty much akin to "dad jokes" and it truly made sundays a lot more enjoyable.
Jun 26, 2022 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
Most of the jokes were a miss for me but for some reason I had a really good time with it, Karla specially really grew on me and the two ghost were pretty good late additions.

The actors did a live action segment visinting a Zoo for anyone interested.

KanameYuukiJun 26, 2022 5:12 PM
Jun 26, 2022 10:31 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Now THAT was a well-done anime-only ending: totally in keeping with the tone & events of the canon episodes prior to it, seamlessly allows the source material to flow around it, and can easily stand on its own merits within the overall storyline… and it was fun and hilarious too 😆

Unfortunately the chances of a second season are likely slim, unless it was FAR more well received in Japan than it was Stateside, but I will without fail be picking the series up on disk (import if need be) and will be making the manga my new regular recommendation to Seven Seas for english adaptation on their monthly survey.

But for now, here’s hoping next season has a show even half as absurdly funny as this was 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 26, 2022 12:06 PM

May 2021
Great episode! The curse has been broken between ALvin and Carla because of the crown's strong holy powers and the crown tells Alvin that him and Carla in a previous life were both elves and in love! Apparently if they defeat the dark magic user they will truly be united in love! BUT IT WAS A LIE! THAT WAS JUST A MOTIVATING SPEECH FROM THE CROWN! Carla casts the healing spell on the crown so it can get its powers back and the crown feels sick! Her magic power was insufficent!
MUSHROOM-SAN AND ANNA AND THE GOLEM AND THE FOREST FOLK SAVED THEM!
ALVIN BECOMES OP WITH THE HELMET'S RESTORED POWER! The enemy takes Carla's 'enhancement spell' which works against him! THEY WIN! Carla really treasures that medal xD. The helmet tells Alvin the curse could reactivate without it again, with Carla's encouragement for it to say so lol.

This was a great finale! I laughed every episode and really enjoyed this show. It doesn't deserve such a low rating and was just awesome nano desu! (NIPAH!)
WE NEED SEASON 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 26, 2022 12:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This anime original finale was pretty nice, everyone in the party got their time to shine, even Alvin lol, he actually got to have a proper fight in even if it was an old man, and Carla’s healing came into play but in reverse lol. And seeing all the characters we’ve met along the way show up to help was nice, there really are a lot of unique characters when you put them all in the same room together. And at the end we got one last funny from Carla and a final shot of the party.

Yeah, this wasn’t the greatest comedy by a long shot, but I found myself enjoying this quite a bit, of course there were a lot of hit or miss jokes, but when it did hit it was great. I think I am along the lines that this would have been better if it was half length episodes, but I did like what we got here.

I really enjoyed the antics between Alvin and Carla, and the entire party ended up being a unique mix of characters, the whole show had a unique selection honestly, and most of them were fun imo. The OP and ED were both fun songs too, fitting and catchy for sure. Even if it wasn’t that great, I’ll miss this show and it’s characters.
Jun 26, 2022 12:21 PM

May 2021
That was a pretty good finale. Everyone came back and the tone of the fight was in line with the previous episodes.

The show overall felt like some sort of parody(of something) and while there were a few boring parts, it remained fun for the most part.
6/10

Jun 26, 2022 12:25 PM

Aug 2021
I really enjoyed the season, and I'll leave it on record that I want more. I really loved Karla and her annoying and cute personality. And it was a wonderful low-budget medieval fantasy comedy. With an Avengers: Endgame style ending. hahahaha

Jun 26, 2022 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
After a rough start I ended up appreciating the dry delivery of the gags. I hope for more chill comedies like this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2022 12:48 PM

Jun 2017
It was weird and stupid but still fun, I just really couldn't hate it. lol
Jun 26, 2022 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Sayonara Karla-chan. You will be missed
Jun 26, 2022 5:00 PM

Oct 2015
Didn't think the last episode would be action. The action wasn't quality, hey it got me entertained in some way.

Ryoko, Mushroom and Anne are the only useful party members, especially Ryoko. Alvin and Carla are the mains, but damn do they suck when it came to dire straits, particularly Alvin.

Ellie is a creepshow!

I would like to say this was a good comedy series, I'm afraid that's not the case. The humor is sometimes strained and mostly childish, anyways humor is subjective, no one can pinpoint to what's really and what's not. I can judge on plot wise and enjoyment at this point, those elements were okay for me. I learned to get the show's premise, and laughed at some instances.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 26, 2022 7:07 PM

Mar 2020
Gonna miss Alvin-kun and Karla-chan!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 26, 2022 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
Didn't expect the whole army of side characters to make a comeback. So happy to see Ellie and Medusa again. I'm so gonna miss these casts. Karla is a top tier troll and Anna is the cutest ghost I've ever seen in anime (sorry Yurei-chan from Shachiku-san).

7/10
Jun 26, 2022 11:08 PM
Sep 2021
The last ep is just wholesome and every side characters have returned to help out the protagonists. I am sure I will miss these characters particularly Maria Deathflame (Saori Hayami), the female orc (Saori Onishi) and the female thief (Sakura Ayane). This ep alone deserves a 9/10 and for this series I would rate it a 7.5/10!
Jun 27, 2022 12:04 AM
May 2016
FMmatron said:
After a rough start I ended up appreciating the dry delivery of the gags. I hope for more chill comedies like this.

That's how I felt too. First episode just did not seem for me, but it was the only anime on a Monday for me, so I just stuck with it. Glad I did
Jun 27, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
As a big fan of the source material, I had a blast with the anime as well! The comedy is just so freaking funny, those characters just make me laugh so much.

Only complaint I have is that the pacing might have been too slow at some parts, especially (and tragically for its viewership) on episode 1, but yeah, one of the highlights of the season and definitely of the whole year for me.

Ryoko-chan waifu of the season and we only had her for a few episodes lmao, god she's too precious.

I still can't believe this got an adaptation honestly, one of the manga I read I expected it the least to happen, but I'm very happy with how it turned out, what I would do for a sequel...
Jun 27, 2022 10:17 PM
Mar 2021
I will indeed miss the quarrel between Alvin and Carla
What a journey they have
Jun 29, 2022 5:56 AM

Jul 2015
All in all it wasn't about Carla becoming less annoying or Alvin becoming stronger and breaking the accidental curse but about the monsters they befriended along the way ..or something.

Jun 30, 2022 3:04 AM

Mar 2017
When a useless warrior is stuck with a sadistic dark elf, the only thing I liked was the side characters.

I was actually hoping Clara was going to be stabbed, alas...

Maybe Alavin-san does deserve it, but I didn't enjoy it. Some were better than others, but, I 100% regret watching this all the way. It "got better" but not by much, really.

Jul 1, 2022 12:06 AM

Nov 2009
LOL @ the Dryad and Medusa

picture in spoiler

___ ___ ___

Well... guess they defeat the "evil sorcerer"... with the help of monsters... LOL

This is pretty much a "Monster Party" (that befriend monsters) instead of "Hero Party" (that fights monsters)

I really wonder tho... Alvin and Carla keeps on befriending more and more monsters, won't the actual "adventurers" that fights monsters on behalf of Humans be going after Alvin and Carla in the end? LOL

___ ___ ___

Also,

KONO HEALER MENDOKUSAI

Title drop at the end right before ED.
amlgJul 1, 2022 12:12 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 2, 2022 8:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Suitable finisher using finally an adventurer style of plot end and everyone needs to return for saving their ass, especially since y'know, Alvin still as powerless as always xd.

Overall, glad that i'm not judging this too hard and ended up enjoying this more than it should be xd. Also, hoping for the success of this manga after this anime adaptation, and pray for all mighty power in japan to bring back a wild ride called 'kono healer mendokusai' onto another season.

Come on, Kadokawa, surprise me more!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2022 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
Until the end, Carla and Alvin still suck XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 4, 2022 3:25 PM
Sep 2021
As I had fun with this show, well I would say a few things but I think the first to comment here already said everything I thought. In the end Alvin managed to get into a strange group, and I liked them all together, why is this anime's rating so low? Comedies are always underrated. I would like a second season, an OVA or a special, I will miss it
Jul 4, 2022 11:47 PM

Dec 2020
i enjoyed this a lot. the comedy isnt Great but it works good enough for me
Jul 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Mar 2008
This show was pretty fun and goofy humour. Not hilarious but had me snicker a lot. I would be down for a second season if one came around but wouldn’t be too let down if it didn’t.
Jul 8, 2022 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
I enjoyed this one more than I expected. Tho I think it'd work better with 10 min episodes - this comedy is fun only in small doses and quickly becomes tiresome.
Jul 18, 2022 11:19 AM

May 2021
It was stupid, but I hoped that the episode would reveal Carla's intrigue. That ending and those mismatches... Her "healings" and dark magic...
I SO wanted a dark ending with an explanation and sequel setup for a second season!
But this anime remained what it is, until the end. Predictable and a bit sad
EuonymusJul 18, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 18, 2022 3:55 PM

Jan 2018
it's a good attempt to bring japanese habanero type of comedy to bigger audience. this is their comedy taste and i can respect their attempt. just a bit lacking when it comes action department.
Jul 25, 2022 10:16 PM

Jul 2021
I almost dropped this show on episode 1, but I figured i would keep going, and I am glad I did because this show was hilarious. I love how irritating it was!!! It brought so much joy. I am not really sure how people compare Karla to Aqua, sure they are both useless? (idk Karla was actually very useful), but they are completely different imo.
Aug 11, 2022 7:38 PM

Oct 2008
An episode where Alvin actually put up a fight was a bit unexpected, I thought they would go for some dumb gag ending for this. Overall, didn't find much of it that funny. Was interested where they would take it and I guess just grew on me towards the end.
Aug 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Mar 2013
It wasn't that great but it was quite enjoyable even with that score. I hope for another season. The cringeyness lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 26, 2022 7:30 PM
Jul 2019
Foi um bom episódio e terminou bem o anime.
Sep 23, 2022 4:08 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This was a fun anime. I'm going to miss it a bit! At first I wasn't fully onboard with it. The introduction of Altargaia actually made a huge difference-- a character who serves as the straight man to this humorous duo and seemed to understand both sides. Before that, it was just a little frustrating because it was hard to watch things feel a little one-sided. So thank goodness for Altargaia! I loved how fun the cast was and was super happy to see them all return in this episode! While it's not the most amazing anime, I did feel like it had a really solid run-- like I could easily have folks watch it with me and we'd maybe have a good time watching. Thanks for the anime!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 14, 2022 11:21 AM
Jan 2022
this show was enjoyable bad
Jan 6, 2023 7:59 AM
Oct 2015
nagyon jó , egyik legviccesebb anime
Sep 18, 2023 1:30 AM

Dec 2008
Finally its over...ugh...no wonder I dropped this once, but after seeing it, I gotta say...its about as much as a show can be a weird parody of a genre as something can be without being completely unwatchable. Ending sucked. No explanation for anything, and maybe that was the point...5.5/10 IM FREE NOW lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

105 by Snedis »»
Feb 25, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

52 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 5, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.