3It was OK
2.7%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.7
112 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
After all the long and hard fought battles, I'm so glad to see the finale being a more slice of life mood with happiness.

It's a very relaxing episode overall with everyone dealing with the aftermath of this arc but in a fun way. Soundtrack fit really well for this finale too although I wish we got more singing.
Dec 17, 2021 9:43 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Satisfying conclusion to the series, was expecting a decent after story type episode given the final battle happened in the previous, got what I wanted.
Dec 17, 2021 9:52 AM

Feb 2020
Nice and heartwarming finale.

Overall, a very good and emotional season.

Yuna and Togo are so cute together. Save travels, sweethearts. <3

SerafosJun 16, 9:58 PM
Dec 17, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2016
enduring 11 episode just to watch the new stuff in episode 12.
not bad!
Dec 17, 2021 12:10 PM
Nov 2020
adult fu senpai is freaking cute
Dec 17, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, this was a friggin sweet conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2021 12:38 PM

Dec 2015
If I was Yuna, I would've left that phone on that roof. With this it is finally over. They've finally got their well deserved peace.

The epilogue was a nice touch. Everyone is out doing their own thing (Nogi's just as scary as ever). Yuki and Togo's adventure gives me Shuumatsu Touring vibes. I'm happy they finally put this story to rest but the way they mashed the other arcs into this was quite peculiar.
Dec 17, 2021 12:40 PM
May 2016
Aww man, I really couldn't hold my tears seeing the girls having a happy life and seeing them all grown up at the end. I'm glad I found this series in my high school years cause this series is really important in a way for me.

But man, seeing them all grown up really got me and Yuna writing the main series title in the Hero book also got me. Overall it has been a nice journey and I'm glad it ended with them being happy.

Also I would love to see a side story of Yuna & Toga adventure outside the wall or even more of the girls grown up life in a way.
Dec 17, 2021 12:55 PM

Nov 2015
This is the best conclusion this franchise could ever get, far better than the 2 previous ending from season 1 and 2.

But that aside, I'm still piss as fuck with their decision to adapt NoWaYu in 4 episodes (actually only 3 episodes because half of episode 5 & 8 are YuYu PoV).
Instead of skipping some part of KuMeYu and ~60% of NoWaYu, that 4 rushed episodes could be used for something more effective like actually adapt 100% of KuMeYu while also adding a lot of new anime original scenes to make each characters in KuMeYu and YuYuYu more loveable and impactful.

This is a very rare case, but I can't rate this season as an entire thing. So I will separate this into 4 part: episode 1-4 get 8/10, episode 5-8 get 0/10, episode 9-11 get 9/10, episode 12 get 10/10.
Dec 17, 2021 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
Well, asspull ending three times in a row.
Shame, because series started off good, but they clearly ran out of ideas halfway through.

Dec 17, 2021 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
This was a great satisfying conclusion of Yuki Yuna what this episode became was an extended epilogue of what is going on after the battle. This season felt nothing more than an extended season 2 of Yuki Yuna with filler in the season 2 of Yuki Yuna. Still enjoyed it though.
Dec 17, 2021 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
The ending should have been the whole season tbh. Seeing how they explore the remains of the world is a fun premise along with the politics of the Taisha and Sonoko. Everything was just rushed and wasted overall this season, just fill in some blanks from hero chapter then move on with the slice of life in a post-apocalypse story.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 17, 2021 4:46 PM

Dec 2015
this last ep is what i expected out of the whole season to play out. Dealing with the aftermath, exploring the ruins, so a more chill tone compared to the previous seasons and yeah the "magical girl" and action will be gone ig unless they pull out some bullshit and maybe say there are actually some vertexes remaining kek
but whats done is done, shit season for me overall.
Dec 17, 2021 5:03 PM

May 2019
Ah, that feeling of satisfaction, but also of emptiness, when a series you like says goodbye.

Farewell YuYuYu, it is over.

Maybe the real treasure was the kinda "girl-love" friends we make along the way while doing YUUSHA PUNCHs to solve everything! lol

Thanks Studio Gokumi, your work was amazing. The adaptation had some issues, but at the end i'm happy, and for me that's what matter.

8/10
Dec 17, 2021 6:23 PM
Feb 2018
Yuuna and Mimori are now dykes on bikes.
Dec 17, 2021 6:24 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
The only thing i didn't like was how they rushed nogi wakaba, really hopes for that story to be completely animated one day.
The rest was good as i expected.
It is a good end for the franchise but i still hope for this not being the last anime of it, for most controversial this seems.
Dec 17, 2021 6:43 PM
Apr 2012
This was an excellent ending for a beautiful series.
Dec 17, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2016
Am I the only one who doesn't understand how the outside world was undestroyed?
その目だれの目?
Dec 17, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2011
Satisfying conclusion though i feel like YuYuYu could've ended before this season started so i wasn't the biggest fan on how they ended their fight outside of the awesome visuals but i'm down for this looking at restoring mainland for the future plan and everyone being older is great

give me a movie of that maybe make it so there's some kind of left over threat on the mainland and they dont get all their powers back but just enough to fight a bit could be interesting or totally give them a break and just make it full SoL like how i used to think this season was gonna be lol...

7/10 i'd give it a higher score if they didn't butcher their other side stories and even more so one of the very important ones regarded by fans

sad to see goodbyes to a long running series think i started this back in 2014 ssheeshh~
Dec 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Oct 2014
Lucifrost said:

What i get from it is The humans said "fuck you gods we want to live as we please so leave us alone bye" so The earthly gods and heavenly gods vanished and basically gave up on mankind thus the world was restored.
It's Morbin' Time!
Dec 18, 2021 12:23 AM
May 2016
Exeterna said:
this last ep is what i expected out of the whole season to play out. Dealing with the aftermath, exploring the ruins, so a more chill tone compared to the previous seasons and yeah the "magical girl" and action will be gone ig unless they pull out some bullshit and maybe say there are actually some vertexes remaining kek
but whats done is done, shit season for me overall.

My feelings too.

We got [I]two[I/] rushed adaptations, one of which should've had it's own season to be adapted. Much of the Sentinel stuff was cut from YnS so watching this season just felt like a "director's cut" version of YnS with Sentinels added like originally planned.
Dec 18, 2021 2:12 AM

Apr 2014
Yuuna and Mimori went on an adventure together on the mainland. <3 ahh..... that was so cute and sweet.
Adult Fuu-senpai was looking cute though.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 18, 2021 3:09 AM
May 2021
From the title "Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero" I know this anime about like "Magical Girl", but after watch this episode. I think it can be get sequel like this 3rd season that about Wakaba arc, Mebuki arc, and this prologue. They could make it into 4th season to tell about Shiratori Utano or sequel of this episode, even without super power it still interesting to watch, there are many possibility outside Shikoku.

Nevermind lmao, i just hope it's not the end, because it's original anime right
Dec 18, 2021 3:29 AM

Jan 2017
Such a satisfying conclusion of this battle of humanity vs Gods and other BS that span over several centuries. Let's all hope Sonoko as the new head of Taisha or whatever it's called now can bring humanity to the right path again after Wakaba and Hinata's reign was only shortlived.

Overall they had the right idea to showcase KuMeYu and NoWaYu in this season to supplement the Hero chapter but the execution is horrible. No wonder anime-onlies are confused on what the fuck is going on when we switched POVs from the Heroes to Sentinels and vice versa

But it definitely had the best ending out of the 3 seasons so imma give it a 5/10
Dec 18, 2021 6:11 AM

May 2019
Lucifrost said:

Since they always called the "normal world" (the one without rainbow roots and vertex) the real world, makes A BIT of sence that the "Godly / Spiritual realm" they see outside the barrier wasn't also the physical one, wich was preserved somehow, but with humans eliminated.

As i said, a bit of sense can be extracted, but the show and the authors surely never cared to explain this, so all we can do is pure and futile speculation.
Dec 18, 2021 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
@Rob7
That does seem to be what was intended, but it still makes no sense. If the deer were all able to survive for 300 years, why didn't any humans? Not to mention how unsatisfying it is to learn that everything we saw 7 years ago was metaphorical. There's no way anyone understood that back in 2014; it's a clear retcon.

その目だれの目?
Dec 18, 2021 11:12 AM
May 2020
Honestly? That was a very good ending to a season that was WAY below the others, as they rushed into the KUMEYU adaptations, but mostly as they rushed into the NOYAWU adaptation

General? I think I give 5.5-6/10 for this season.
It could have been MUCH more than it was, but at least there was one conclusion that satisfied me a lot.😁
Dec 18, 2021 12:10 PM
Sep 2014
This season is basically just a love letter to fan but kinda huge middle finger to non LN reader.

As LN reader myself I pretty much familiar with Wakaba and Mebuki story and I kind of appreciate that they pick the true EXTRA part to animate (e.g the Karin meets Mebuki, and the hero club reading Wakaba diary part). If I had anything to complaint is that I actually hoped that they adopt Shiratori Utano in Lieu of retelling the 2nd season from other POV which while it's understandable it's still disappointing.

Deep inside I kinda wished they skimmed over Mebuki story in favor of one episode focused on Utano since the hero of Suwa deserve that much tribute.
Dec 18, 2021 4:59 PM
Jul 2008
As an anime only watcher, this is a very confusing anime. Multiple plots are jumbled together with fast pace makes it hard to track the story.

Dec 18, 2021 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
Good ending. Terrible season. One good fun, SoL episode to start followed by two incredibly rushed adaptations followed by a rehash of old material followed by an ending they should've just had as part of season 2.
Dec 18, 2021 9:46 PM
Apr 2017
Lucifrost said:
@Rob7
That does seem to be what was intended, but it still makes no sense. If the deer were all able to survive for 300 years, why didn't any humans? Not to mention how unsatisfying it is to learn that everything we saw 7 years ago was metaphorical. There's no way anyone understood that back in 2014; it's a clear retcon.

It's been a while so I don't remember clearly, but it was explained in NoWaYu LN where we were shown literally when the world started to get on fire (because it isn't always like that). It's basically in the same state as when Shinju-sama used Forestization everytime the heroes has to fight the vertex aka the world is stopped in time...think of it as the Heavenly Gods' version of Forestization i guess? (LN readers can correct me if im wrong about this)

Also, the NoWaYu team did explore the outside world before and they don't find anyone alive outside of Shikoku. There's this one bit the anime skipped over about how they find remains of survivors in an underground mall and one of the survivors wrote a note about how they're slowly getting overrun by the Vertexes.
Dec 19, 2021 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
@EcksDeee
Nogi Wakaba was written months after the anime ended, and its 1st volume wasn't published for another year. My point remains that it was a retcon.
I'm not denying that the outside people are gone. They're obviously gone, because I saw it in this episode. I still think it's strange that the vertexes kill people yet spare all other animals. The whole thing puts Tougou's rampage in a new light, knowing that the stakes are different from what I was led to believe.
その目だれの目?
Dec 19, 2021 6:53 AM

Jun 2016
perfect ending and sayonara for this series !!

im glad they got happy ending but with a lot of sacrifices !!
Dec 19, 2021 10:25 AM

Sep 2013
NirvashX1 said:
perfect ending and sayonara for this series !!

im glad they got happy ending but with a lot of sacrifices !!

It was all worth it! (They did save the human race after all, eh?)

What happened to the rest of the planet? The Vertex came and killed everyone. All those blobbie things were human spirits/souls. No idea what the bosses were, original Vertex? Ancient ones?
There's a 300+ year gap between the Apocalypse and this show, don't forget.

I could write a 4th season 😚 not as intense as the rest of YuYuYu of course.
Dec 20, 2021 5:08 PM
Aug 2018
I'm so happy to see a happy ending, they always suffer and happy in the end, that's the best
Dec 22, 2021 2:47 AM

Feb 2019
Well, I'll be frank, this season was rather a mess. With how they kept Utano being relevant at the end, it makes it all the more weird they didn't adapt (well, let's be honest, summarise) her part in the same way they did Wakaba's, considering how the two are intertwined. That'd have been a much better way to spend time rather than repeating the end of season 2 - unless I'm mistaken, episode 11 was 90% shot-for-shot the same.

Since the LNs are still the vastly superior way to get through the spinoffs, I don't see much reason to go back to this entry. The first and last episodes are nice, but that's about it. Perhaps I could treat just those as OVAs, and leave the rest be.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 22, 2021 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
So it's really over? I did not expect that at all... now I feel sad, like when I found out Non Non Biyori was over only after I finished it ; -;

It's a shame this series ended on what is imo the worst season. At least that ending was great... gotta love seeing everyone grown up. Fuu-senpai and Itsuki got really cute >.< wish we had seen more Sonocchi though.
I'll definitely miss these girls. maybe we will get a series about their new adventures in their new jobs, but I won't hold out hope. Then again, this franchise is pretty popular in Japan...
Dec 23, 2021 12:31 AM

Oct 2010
very good epilogue, too bad that they didn't adapt the LNs like they did with washio sumi but it was ok
Dec 23, 2021 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
All well that ends well huh...doesn't really fit the tragic nature of this series compared to the prev seasons...and really mocking the LN origin...
4/5.
6/10.

Dec 28, 2021 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
Sonoko wants to take down the taisha, that would be hard to do in a forceful way.. she has no more powers. Better to join them, and slowly change the organization from the inside.

the relic the taisha fished out of the sea. It glowed when touched. Looks like they still have some magic left, even if the divine tree is gone.

the politican that does not believe that the monsters exist, and also those "it's the end of the world" people. I guess these sorts of idiots would appear in this situation. Sadly, there's no more stardusts to eat them.. lol.

and lastly, nice to see Yuna and Togo working together. Togo looks more masculine when she has short hair. And everyone else is moving forward with their lives.

enjoyed this season and hoping for more.
will try to get a few more Hero Club items at CDJapan in January to support them.
Jan 21, 2022 7:21 PM

Feb 2014
Nice we had a big epilogue, always something I appreciate because it´s uncommon and does not leave us empty handed.

However, in general I am very dissapointed with this 3rd season. I am sad for it not being on pair with the other 2 seasons and also for me not enjoying this season as much.

It was very confusing; and the directing was not good. The timeline was very confusing. It was a mess, putting it short.
There were unecessary things added in my opinion (sentinels / sudden new characters, for example); specially the drama felt very forced and unnatural, as if they were trying hard.

It got slighlty better in the last episodes, but not enough to redeem for the other episodes and the season in general.

Sadly, I can´t help but to give this season a low score.

1st season -> 9/10
2nd season -> 7/10
3rd season -> 4/10
TechOtakuJan 21, 2022 7:27 PM
Mar 21, 2022 9:37 PM

Feb 2019
Really satisfying conclusion for the girls. Everyone’s sacrifice wasn’t in vain. It’s always really emotional when you have a timeskip in a long running series with the characters all grown up and happy at the end.

In my head cannon Washi and Yuna go on to get married, they’re obviously pretty gay for each other. Pacing prevents me from giving it much higher than a 7.5, since MAL doesn’t do half scores, I’ll go 7.
May 15, 2022 1:22 PM

Feb 2007
Nice bike, but with all it's carrying, wouldn't a Kettenkrad have been more stable? Just saying. ;)
Jun 5, 2022 11:17 PM
Oct 2012
Truly satisfying end, this show managed to fill out every questions and plot holes I had on my mind prior to this and ended up with proper closure.

Also this might be the wrong thread but please at least read Nogi's light novel and Utano's short story before starting this anime since it will make this anime even more enjoyable to watch.
Jun 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Feb 2015
Guess that's the end of Yuuki Yuuna is a hero.

I like this ending though if they ever decide to continue the series, I would like to see more of Wakaba and/or the older heroes since Yuuna's story is finished.
Jul 14, 2022 12:53 AM

Mar 2020
Yuusha punch!

A punch is good, but personally, I like a spear. It is less blunt and has a point. Unfortunately, this season is most certainly like a punch.
Sep 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Dec 2012
Yuuna wakes up.
Tougou.
School cancelled.
Dat news.
Mebuki and Aya.
Aki.
March 3rd.
Dat hoe.
lol at Sonoko.
Dat rip.
Aki.
Sonoko will lead the Taisha.
Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero? Roll credits!
4 years later.
2 girls on a bike.
Yusyabu.
OMG!!! My waifu TOUGOU!

And that was the end. Disappointed in this final season because it didn't show best girl Tougou fanservice transformation and now 4 years older, they didn't show how bigger my waifu Tougou's oppai got. They fumbled this season.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 12, 2022 1:06 AM

Sep 2016
I have had my problems with this season, but you know what? This is probaby the most perfect ending I have seen for an anime in a long time. Finally my girls got the happy ending they deserved!
Jun 28, 2023 8:16 AM
Nov 2017
This is basically Yuuki Yuuna 2nd Season Director's Cut,lol. With an extra epilogue as a bonus

From Madoka vibes to Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko vibes in epilogue

Good enough
Mar 1, 9:15 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
odd timeles for this show. But interesting content, but a lot of "just why?" content. But overall I liked the concept and story a lot. Action was great, drama was great.

Great tragedy and slice of life moe blob gap.

While Madoka franchise had great animation and style to it, this was far more interesting when it came to storytelling and dramatics. Plus much superior moe-tragedy gap.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

32 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 16, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2021

33 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 15, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Schlimm - Oct 22, 2021

21 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2021

25 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:20 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Dai Mankai no Shou Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2021

11 by Atsunome »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.