3It was OK
12.5%
2Disliked it
6.3%
1Hated it
3.1%
Average 4.2
32 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The stone lover teacher fell in love with the light reflection of main guy's stonelized hand, the condition whenever he gets nervous. He is shy around the classmates, though. The teacher is too kind to him because of his stonelized condition that main guy has some kind of feeling with him. His classmates, knowing his condition, do care about him, though.

The teacher has a past of being hurt from his love running away, so he felt kind of jealous and pushed him away when he got along with his classmates. They eventually confessed to each other, waited until the graduation for the kiss (and eventually his condition is cured?)
tsubasaloverDec 29, 2014 10:38 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 30, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2009

Mmm yeah, touch his "crystal" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Felt a bit melodramatic, but I enjoyed it overall. Some really gorgeous shots in it with the usual unique Yamamoto Soubi touch. I'd say it's my second favourite in the Konodan series.
Dec 31, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2013
So cute. As expected of Kono Danshi series! Glad to hear Shouta Aoi this time.
Jan 8, 2015 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
I don´t really like shounen-ai, but the animation was pretty good.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 9, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
Ah, so pretty as always. I really liked their relationship, Tamari and Onihana-sensei were so cute together and I'm really happy they confessed to each other in the end :)
Seems like the Kono Danshi series are slowly getting more shounen-ai as they continue, which is very nice I think since there aren't that many shounen-ai anime out there.
Jan 9, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2012
6/10 + 1 because of directing, style, OST, and Aoi Shouta's blessed singing <3

BTW HIRAKAWA OMGGGG YOU SOUND SO SEXY I DONT EVEN!!! I THOUGHT U WERE MAENO FOR MOST OF THIS OVA..

One weakness is that the animation is too choppy. Second weakness is abrupt pacing. Third weakness is that the seme has no personality. But I really liked the message and themes. We really need more shounen-ai anime like this. Not that mature/sexual stuff like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.
Jan 10, 2015 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
moeanao said:
Although I wish they would have told us more about it (and how was Tamari even cured?).

Agreed on that. But I guess it wasn't really the main focus (like the logic lol)

pennyiscute said:
Another Soubi winner.

I'd love to see another one cour+ series from her >< With just OVAs, she can't do that much with it.
Why haven't you watched Meganebu! yet?
Feb 6, 2015 12:57 AM

Jun 2010
Awwww >.<

all the time I was like "POOR BBY omg so glad he made friends"

This was a beautiful tiny masterpiece, aesthetics wise and story wise
Feb 26, 2015 3:56 AM

Sep 2013
I teared up! Using Aoi Shouta as Tamari and his song for the ending was a brilliant idea! Glitter Wish was so beautiful~! I also liked the casting of Hirakawa Daisuke as Onihara-sensei. This anime took me by surprise! <3
Dec 31, 2015 5:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I don't really like Hirakawa Daisuke's voice most of the time, it's too nasally imo. don't hit me. Because of this it was hard for me to enjoy the romantic feeling between the two. Well that and like Mayuka said, Onihara didn't have much of a personality. Although there is more romance in this one compared to the previous two in the Kono Danshi series, I think the other two had cuter and more natural interactions with their main characters.

But one thing I really liked about this OVA was the theme. I could really relate to Ayumu's tendency to overthink. Picking up a pencil for someone does take courage, as well as simply greeting another person. I'm probably also thinking too much, but I felt like maybe the crystallization syndrome was a metaphor for having social anxiety. Every time you feel awkward, nervous, or very uncomfortable, you "crystallize" or back out of the situation. Whether I am thinking too much or not, it doesn't change how I could empathize with Ayumu (although I didn't particularly like him either, sorry Aoi Shouta). I really liked Glitter Wish though, it was a nice song.

And of course, how can I not mention the beautiful visuals, courtesy of Yamamoto Soubi. The crystals at Onihara's office was sooo magical, as well as the Stardust Garden.
Jan 26, 2016 8:14 AM

Jun 2010
I liked it very much. But Tamari was annoying most of the time. "You wanna see my crystal? Wanna touch it?" Really....
Onihara was veeeeeery sexy! I love his kind of characters.

Even I'm a fan of stuff like junjou romantica or sekaiichi hatsukoi - it's better to watch things like this every now and then. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 7:37 PM

Jul 2012
Yay! Rewatched this with four of my online friends and they really liked it :)

Omg, seriously, Hirarin's voice... It just sounds exactly like Maenu's and I eventually believe it's Maenu's halfway when it's not.

As usual, I loved it and it's directed so fucking well. I can't express how much I love Soubi as a director.

Mayuka said:
6/10 + 1 because of directing, style, OST, and Aoi Shouta's blessed singing <3

BTW HIRAKAWA OMGGGG YOU SOUND SO SEXY I DONT EVEN!!! I THOUGHT U WERE MAENO FOR MOST OF THIS OVA..

One weakness is that the animation is too choppy. Second weakness is abrupt pacing. Third weakness is that the seme has no personality. But I really liked the message and themes. We really need more shounen-ai anime like this. Not that mature/sexual stuff like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.

I take back what I said before. Rewatching helped me analyze it and it is worth at least an 8/10 but not quite there.
Feb 26, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
Not gonna lie, it would have been more touching if her turned to a crystal completely and died because of Oni-chan-sensei lol xD

But since that didn't happen I still think its cute Sensei told him to graduate before the started being all touchy-feely
Apr 27, 2016 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Best one so far I think. The story and characters are getting more development and the art is not so overwhelming to the point of distraction. Visually it seemed more cohesive and less random than the other two. Still somewhat heavy handed with the overall message but this seems to be the style of the series anyway. I really like how Yamamoto Soubi is tackling themes of personal struggle and growth with the romance being the side story.
May 25, 2016 4:30 AM

Apr 2007
I've watched the first two OVAs from this series so far, and I have to say...I thought I loved the mermaid one, but this one...this one really got me...this one really got me tearing up.
Aug 8, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
Honestly, that was better than I expected. The Artwork was quite impressive.
Dec 12, 2016 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
I always root for sensei(s) and this is no different +_+

I feel like it was well-paced, we got the information and character development that we need and even the cute ending so I'm giving it an 8/10

Also, I learned that there are more important things than getting hurt. I hope I would remember this the next time something happens :)
naminamichuDec 12, 2016 8:59 AM
Feb 6, 2017 7:32 PM
Mar 2010
very cute :) if it was longer the characters (mainly sensei) would be able to develop more, but I think it was great given it's time frame. i liked it much more than the merman one.
Feb 27, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2015
Mayuka said:

Thought I was the only one who thought of Maeno too lol. (If it had been Maeno there would have been some... interesting crossover fanart ifyouknowwhatimean)

Hmm, my least liked Kono Danshi so far (I haven't watch the 4-episode one yet). It felt too fast-paced and kind of lacked the magic of the previous OVAs. It also felt kinda cliche with the teacher-student relationship. Personally, I felt the message and symbolism were too heavy-handed compared to the previous ones, especially the literal manifestation of anxiety. Seiyuu were not bad but I think I got kinda annoyed with all the 'sensei' lol. glitter wish is a nice song.

I'll still watch the next Kono Danshi when I'm free or procrastinating.
Jan 19, 2018 3:29 PM

Oct 2015
I guess this ova didn't want to send a negative message, so sensei suggested they date once Tamari graduates.

I must say I loved this ova because it depicted a message of loneliness and breaking out of your shell hence crystalization in the series.
The more I think about it I shouldn't give it a 7, I should give it an 8 considering it was short and was able to gain impact.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 7, 2018 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
Impressed.. by the animation. The story felt more like a real lgbt+ romance and not just BL, the progression is probably what made it, so I'm also fairly impressed by the story. Not sure I like the timid approach though.
Sep 17, 2018 3:51 AM

Jun 2011
I am only 30 seconds in but lol at that bgm when the two meets..

after they became a pair, one thought came to my mind lol - imagine having buttsex and he suddenly crystalized and crush your penis

soz.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2019 4:29 AM
Nov 2016
I really like the story, tamari who crytallized whenever he got nervous and onihara-sensei will be the one who encouraged him. even though they were a little mess up in the middle but I'm glad they finally managed to confess their true feelings in the end. I thought it would become a sad ending where tamari end up being a crystal and oni-sensei will desperately cry from regret. but gladly it wasn't.

but still this is a really underrated anime.
blah707Mar 25, 2019 4:34 AM
Jan 9, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2021
Good episode. Quantum mechanics. Quantum harmonic oscillators.

More topics from this board

» PV

Shadow-Chan - Aug 25, 2014

11 by tsubasalover »»
Dec 19, 2014 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.