Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 19, 8:57 AM

Dec 2021
Just like the manga, I did feel like the latter half of this was weak and how stupid this drama was.. I mean that final scene legit just highlighted that fact lol.

But at least in the manga shit like, I don't know, A FUCKING CONFESSION OR THE FIRST KISS WASN'T CENSORED??? Like do you realize how stupid that sounds... a romcom censoring romcom things.. smh.

Don't bother watching this, the manga is leagues better. For what it was though, it was a fun watch, I guess. There are better romances that aired just today that are worth more your time.
IzanaSolosSep 19, 9:03 AM

Sep 19, 8:57 AM

May 2020
It’s really kind of something to see Rin come take part in plays when she and Eiji ain’t even studying at the same place. Though you know, how for all this time we’ve seen Rin play all those characters and everything, that wasn’t just a character trait, she’s good in acting I mean. So yeah, getting an acting gig all of a sudden and forced to make a choice… we’ve all seen this many times right? So yeah not your happy-go-lucky finale lol. Rin has made it big I mean. At least they were done with any sort of drama in this single episode itself, will give that.

Series was sweet.. super sweet, and it kind of knows too what it’s doing, but as I said they went full throttle this final episode lol, just to show there is more to love… your own life and career as well. Eiji did get the short end of the stick but hey like we know they met after seven years and they’re happily married or just got to. So happy ending in everyone’s books. In the end, I liked the manga and the adaptation to an equal extent. So yeah, get yourself a girlfriend who can play girlfriend(s) xD

Superb job from Hayami Saori tho.
Sep 19, 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
And here we are, its the end. Little bit serious, but i guess a nice finale for a rom-com, pretty much all what one would want from something like this eh.

Now, i don't want to say it was at a times a little bit shallow, but felt like some parts were just so so, i guess thats just how a few pages gag manga translates into anime, like all the side characters were pretty much just there to fill the numbers .. don't even remember their names, lol.
Sep 19, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Eiji is back in his former school's drama club, and fo a moment, both he and Rin are like the inseparable couple joined together again.

With Eiji around, Rin feels right at home having the same banter to do the short stories film project, and his various cue cards more than just give her reassurance to do well, but it's also a full-on embarassment for him since it's a couple's act of love. Anding the fact that the film went viral because of Rin, Eiji having mixed thoughts about her getting scouted by a talent agency, it's putting everyone off their beat.

It's a complicated affair between the couple, and especially of Rin choosing her future career over her potential partner, so much that it's a dilemma. More than the pseudo harem that they share throughout the series, Rin having to choose one or the other is quite troublesome, and the nostalgic time travel back to the days they met, Eiji is always prepared to chase her tail whenever and wherever she runs to. Their kiss ensures that things are moving, and the wedding prop set once their lives and aspirations have fully caught up, the dream to get married is always the dream he's been wanting for the longest time, and now, that becomes a reality...a pseudo reality?

The anime is good, but the manga is a lot better.
KANLen09Sep 19, 10:43 AM
Sep 19, 9:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nice ending to what has been a pretty chill series! We got a lot more in this finale than I expected, lol. A timeskip, confession and then marriage vibes? Damn, this really felt like a conclusive ending here. I don't know what more you can add to this, lol. But hey, I'm satisfied with what we got.

A little more to the flashback from the previous episode, and these two were just meant to be ~

An actress and a tv staff, that's a power couple right there! They've been delightful to watch, and Hayamin-san's performance in particular was outstanding! Some of the segments did get a little boring for me but you know what I want more than anything? It's a live event where they read out lines and do ad-lib like the good ol' days! Seeing her switch from personality to personality would be so amusing to watch.

Anyways, it's a solid 7/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 19, 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
Ahhhhhhhh this was PERFECT. Dude seriously what more can you ask for out of a romance seasonal? We got everything coming full circle and the most satisfying possible ending to Rin and Eiji story. This is so rare in a 12 episode season, no cliffhangers, no bs just a nice cute and wholesome story that gets wrapped up in a cour. We were so lucky to have this and Gimai Seikatsu on the same day

It’s funny we started this episode like we started the season, Rin and Eiji in their school uniforms acting, albeit for a play this time. Going back to how they used to address each other, almost felt nostalgic and a nice reflection on how far they’ve come. No shock Rin knocked things out the park, she’s a phenomenal actress but I loved how they handled her conflict with pursuing her dreams and being with the person she loved.

Big life lesson for anyone, NEVER sacrifice your dreams for someone, the right person will support you and help you reach those dreams. Never give up who you are for a relationship. And big W to Eiji for recognising Rin wouldn’t truly be happy having to choose one or the other so encouraging her to keep working while he works to make it so they can collaborate in the future was great for both of them.

I was upset with how they cut out the confession scene a few weeks ago but I think the way they added it today was even better, connected Rin and Eiji’s past present and future and helped illustrate how torn Rin was over having to choose

THAT REUNION OH MY GOODNESS. That is the perfect way to cap this off, a proposal and wedding with everyone who helped make this show special around! Thanks to the author for this amazing story. Rin and Eiji were a blast to watch and I’m gonna miss them sm. hopefully we get more short romances that wrap up in a season like this
Marinate1016Sep 19, 10:23 AM
Sep 19, 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
Finally!! Finally!!
Congratulations!!
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 19, 9:33 AM
Jul 2023
The best ending any romance series could ask for!

the studio decision to put the confession and the kiss at the finale was predictable, this is it, an anime that ends perfectly in one season.
Sep 19, 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
Never getting to see their confession to each other until now was a little odd but I can't deny the absolute impact revealing it in a flashback during a pivotal point in their relationship had.

Knowing Rin and Eiji got the happy ending they deserve is awesome and all but man, the sugar withdrawal from all the flirting between those two (or rather, seven) is gonna be rough.
Sep 19, 9:36 AM
Aug 2024
I HAVE REACHED LEVEL 4 DIABETES FROM THIS EPISODE

Sep 19, 9:39 AM
Jul 2024
now I understand why they didn't show their confession in the earlier episode. also this is one of the better finales of this anime season.
Sep 19, 9:50 AM
Sep 2021
A good typical romance story ending, the emotions are conveyed, character growth has been completed & the female lead her VA made this show even better.
Sep 19, 10:08 AM

Mar 2021
Beautiful finale,am so happy to see them get married they are perfect for each other.
Sep 19, 10:12 AM
Aug 2021
i'm filled with so many good feelings after watching it so i'mma just say it out now....fuuk im lonely
Sep 19, 10:13 AM
Dec 2021
great anime, enjoyed it a lot
Sep 19, 10:18 AM

Mar 2018
yeah, similar with the manga, I felt this was a weak ending for such a spectacularly charming manga.

i enjoyed the anime as an adaptation, but this is something that isnt really able to be fixed, its just a flaw of the story as a whole imo. sour taste in my mouth.

enjoyable series nonetheless.
Sep 19, 10:34 AM

Jan 2023
We freaking GOT the confession scene at last, and the super cute chapter that followed it :) !!!
Honestly didn't believe we would ever see those, I'm just so happy about it!
We even got a kiss -which wasn't there in the manga yes, but I'm definitely not gonna complain about it!
I'm also very happy that they adapted the amazing epilogue chapter, we got to see a bit of their lifes in the future, Eiji proposing and their wedding :)

A very sweet conclusion to what was a really good show.
I wish they would have followed the manga more closely, but I guess that at the end of the day it was still faithful to the source material for the most part.
In any case, this show ends up as one of my favorite romcoms of the last few years, and probably as the best of the season :)
MeguSae38Sep 19, 10:37 AM
Sep 19, 10:34 AM
Feb 2022
Really good adaptation
Sep 19, 10:37 AM

Nov 2023
Rin and Eiji started as the the perfect match, continued as the the perfect lovers and ended as the the perfect couple.
I could not have asked for a better beginning to their story.
7.7/10
Sep 19, 10:44 AM
Feb 2020
Oh man its over just like that.Perfectly concluded everything and no need for a sequel.Briliant move on showing the actual confession and kissing scene in the finale that ppl was upset got cut off before.

Nomad did their thing and delivered their best work yet.Again,so glad they kept it simple and focus on giving overall damn good production instead of trying to do anything fancy then fall short elsewhere.

Easily best couple this season and its not even close,their chemistry and dynamic was just too good.Even just the two of them fooling around couldve carried the show if nothing else.And best of season for purely romance(Makeine more of comedy/drama).Lovely series

Gonna have to give this one an 8.5/10
Builder45Sep 19, 10:56 AM
Sep 19, 10:46 AM

Jul 2024
“That sound a little cool for me”
Honest man there Eiji.

“he’s not that weird.”
“I am not.”

Title drop.

Engagement!!!!!
New outro!!!!
Wedding and reception!!!!! On the school stage?

They should have had the infinitely cute imouto Ayaka as a flower girl!!!!

Tying it up like that pretty much means no more seasons.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Sep 19, 10:52 AM

Oct 2017
Didn't like the drama in the manga but it didn't feel as annoying in the anime. Maybe cause I went through the entire thing in one episode rather than reading it in multiple chapters. Anyway there were a few anime original scenes like the post credit wedding reception which I don't remember from the manga but was nice to have it.

On paper this is the type of story that I enjoy but when I read the manga it felt ok and again when the anime came I was excited cause Hayamin was voicing Rin and while I did enjoy her voice acting once again everything else didn't feel that great. Anyway was still nice to watch this, a short romcom with a fun concept which also concluded well enough. Rushed but it is what it is.
Sep 19, 10:54 AM
Aug 2024
Best Romcom That i see. i think it will be in my second place.
Sep 19, 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
IzanaSolos said:
But at least in the manga shit like, I don't know, A FUCKING CONFESSION OR THE FIRST KISS WASN'T CENSORED??? Like do you realize how stupid that sounds... a romcom censoring romcom things.. smh.
They showed the confession this episode though.

LordCrueltyV said:
They covered the entire manga so the story is concluded.
Sep 19, 10:55 AM

May 2022
Of all the shows I’ve been watching this season, this is one that I’m going to miss. I really loved the ending.
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

May 2008
So they gave us the confession scene after steal it like that? yay!

And a kiss, after ALSO steal the original one? yayyyys!!

Rin's voice was a really plus in the anime adaptation. Sure, most of times the manga is better, but since they "fixed" that 2 points it almost everything there. I will miss this one

8/10
Sep 19, 11:31 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to LordCrueltyV
“That sound a little cool for me”
Honest man there Eiji.

“he’s not that weird.”
“I am not.”

Title drop.

Engagement!!!!!
New outro!!!!
Wedding and reception!!!!! On the school stage?

They should have had the infinitely cute imouto Ayaka as a flower girl!!!!

@LordCrueltyV

I heard someone say in another comment thread that apparently in episode 10 or 11 they started on the final volume of the manga; so not only is the story effectively wrapped up, there’s no more source material to adapt anyway.

………

Ah well, still looking forward to seeing this show be wrapped up; kinda busy now but the show has been enjoyable and as someone who enjoys watching lighter titles, I’m glad I picked up this one.

Looking forward to watching this later
Sep 19, 11:48 AM
Sep 2022
What more could you ask for? 12 chapters and closed ending. In a world of romantic comedies where we have to wait "400 episodes" for them to hold hands, this is a breath of fresh air Cool.
Sep 19, 12:20 PM

Jul 2022
A beautiful and sweet romance from start to finish.

They finally showed Rin’s confession and a kiss between them, ending with the wedding. It had everything, no complaints at all no unnecessary drama and a complete adaptation. Besides the great chemistry between Rin and Eiji, the best part was definitely Rin herself, especially Saori Hayami’s performance. She truly shone with this character, adding another great one to her repertoire.
Sep 19, 12:34 PM
Aug 2022
What a way to end the anime. The main drama of Rin choosing between Eiji and her dreams while a bit cliche, was still sweet. I also like how they showed Eiji's perspective on things too. Their reliving the old memories they had was really cute. And we finally got the confession too, But the highlight was definitely the wedding. Such an incredible way to end the show that doesn't leave any loose strings while also being incredibly satisfying. 9/10, planing to read the manga too.
Sep 19, 12:38 PM
Oct 2018
It’s refreshing to see a rom-com complete a full story, from first meeting to wedding day, all in 12 episodes, I really can’t remember another off the top of my head. The ending could not have been better, and we finally got to see the confession too! The beauty of this show lies in its simplicity, and I loved it. Since the ending made me cry, the show gets an extra point. 9/10
Sep 19, 12:57 PM

Jun 2017
'The beginning of a story 'indeed .So happy it was faithful to the manga throughout its run.A worthy conclusion to what it looked like another run of the mill school love life at start.A mature pov on a slow burner romance where the situations dictate the life-love.
Sep 19, 1:01 PM

Aug 2022
Well this show was alright, Kinda went down a bit during the second half and idk why tbh. I wasn't a big fan of the harem aspect but think Rin and Eiji's relationship was just better as normal.

Not really sure why they took so long to show us the confession, and I cant really explain this but the show started to feel somewhat rushed. Idk if this is a bad manga adaptation or anything.

Them getting married at the end was a nice touch though, cause I mean realistically anything could happen to the main couple when the show ends. It just depends on how you interpret it. But I like that this show gave us a proper wrap up.

The show itself imo suffered from a lack of good side characters, Aside from Rin's sister they all felt really bland. Which would be fine cause I've watched shows were the lack of side character's is made up for by great main characters but while Rin and Eiji were good they didn't make up for it.

6/10 Decent show overall but really nothing special, Although the concepts pretty unique I guess
Sep 19, 1:03 PM
Jul 2019
The majority of the final episode felt really unnecessary to me. Mainly the "I have to choose between my career and love 😭"-dilemma. Not once were we presented with why this was even a dilemma, and it topped itself when Rin literally said "why do I have to choose one or the other? 😭". Like yeah, why do you have to choose?? There was no reason for the two options to be mutually exclusive, and the "solution" was just as flimsical. Why did him getting to work on a TV set dictate that they could finally get married? "Now we can finally see each other every day 🥹", bro just move in together. Get married. whatever. What an annoying subplot to bring in last minute, especially after how wholesome last week's episode was.

Either way, glad to see the show wrapped up more or less neatly. One of the many shows I enjoyed watching this season 7/10
Sep 19, 1:32 PM
Aug 2024
best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 1:56 PM
Jun 2021
This was diabetic, the last episode really lifted up my overall score of this series, perfect ending for a feel good anime
Sep 19, 2:01 PM
Sep 2024
9/10, I loved this ending, nah the entire series!! I'm just tearing up cuz it ain't gonna continue after seeing this......
Sep 19, 2:08 PM
Mar 2019
one question the manga continues o anime have all of manga? thanks

i like a lot
Sep 19, 2:21 PM
Jun 2021
Really loved the progression till the end of the 12th episode.
Sep 19, 2:25 PM

Mar 2022
Enjoyed this immensely especially as going through a rough time so this always cheers me up, think I will be reading the Manga now the season is finished.
Sep 19, 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending.

I was disappointed with low budget animation, but the final episode won me over. Love this couple so much.

Definitely my top 3 most wholesome/cute couple (guaranteed diabetus).

1) Girl I like forgot her glasses
2) Giji Harem
3) Teasing master Takagi san
Sep 19, 2:35 PM

Sep 2018
Wow, one and done. Great little anime, 9/10.
Sep 19, 2:35 PM
Mar 2021
I genuinely don't get why people are dissing the drama, their career paths were going to separate them for a while. It felt realistic. The climax of the story was this episode, I'm actually glad they held back the confession for now, it really felt nostalgic.

Really enjoyed this series, the only problem is that I'm now diabetic.
9/10
Sep 19, 3:29 PM

Apr 2022
It seems to me that this anime series was never planned for more than one season.... On the one hand it's refreshing to see the manga finished in one season, but on the other hand I think we missed a lot of things from the source material. In any case, it was a sweet and comforting ride.
Sep 19, 3:33 PM
Nov 2023
my thoughts say:"this is truly epic, i loved it", i agree with my thoughts.
Sep 19, 3:37 PM
Mar 2021
One of the best romcoms of all time hands down
Sep 19, 3:39 PM
Feb 2021
Nothing to say, only "Absolute Cinema"
Sep 19, 3:39 PM
Dec 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Just like the manga, I did feel like the latter half of this was weak and how stupid this drama was.. I mean that final scene legit just highlighted that fact lol.

Don't bother watching this, the manga is leagues better. For what it was though, it was a fun watch, I guess. There are better romances that aired just today that are worth more your time.

WORST OPINION DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY JUST GO WATCH IT
Sep 19, 3:49 PM
May 2021
Finally! An uncensored kiss and confession revealed! 🙌🏻
Sep 19, 4:13 PM
Jan 2009
Gonna miss watching this show, it's just so cute.

Honestly it's just a very good romcom that's very cute and wholesome, despite some faults when compared to the manga.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.