Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 1:52 AM
May 2016
It was so surprising Rin kissed Eiji even though Megu rang the doorbell. I was expecting the usual fireworks then the kiss but since Megu arrived Rin just pulled it off hehe so heartwarming.
Sep 5, 9:31 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode me thinks. This was nonstop cuteness overload. Rin and Eiji playing house while her folks are gone, watching the fireworks together and a KISS?!!!

Why do they keep playing with the camera during these cute scenes though!! They skipped the confession and then they didn’t directly show the kiss either, cmon studio don’t play with my feelings lol. But handholding and a kiss is such a massive step forward, love that

Studying together was also adorable and I loved the relay race as well. It’s funny how Kiri is becoming the next Rin in terms of the acting and multiple personality gimmick lol. The relay race is probably not the best time to bring out delicate kun but fair enough

Aw that ending 😭 Eiji was worried about getting the perfect gift for Rin and he delivered just that. Bracelet is so cute and seeing Rin smile like that instantly improved my day
Marinate1016Sep 5, 10:35 AM
Sep 5, 9:44 AM
Jul 2023
Rin sure doesn't like Eiji's character development lol
Sep 5, 9:54 AM
Mar 2021
Screw this show, because of it, I now have diabeetus.
Sep 5, 10:16 AM

Jul 2016
Bro really just wrote a death curse for his boy with fries.

It's adorable how Rin's acted through dozens of roles by now but playing along with one of her personalities getting "rejected" is way too much for her.
Sep 5, 10:17 AM

Mar 2021
Wow they finally kissed and held hands they really are growing closer together.
Sep 5, 10:20 AM

Jul 2024
The old fireworks in the bedroom window trope, but damn did they make it soooo wholesome and sweet. I want to adopt one of those two and pay for their wedding.

“Whatcha doing” *initiate full tease mode”
Now I am going to have to have a chat with my tuxedo about some good times past.

“Would she like it if I picked out a serious gift”
Do you need to ask, buddy?
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Sep 5, 10:51 AM
Mar 2021
This show was already good, but just decided to be God-tier at the halfway point!
Sep 5, 10:59 AM

Jan 2023
Because they did tone down the romance aspect a bit and cut some really nice stuff in this episode, for those of you who are interested by what actually happens in the manga in these chapters:
MeguSae38Sep 5, 11:10 AM
Sep 5, 11:21 AM

Sep 2016
Finally something that made me lol again, I already lost hope.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 5, 11:46 AM

May 2019
It's nice to see Rin gaining more confidence and getting bolder to where she kissed Eiji (I don't know why the studio doesn't show the kiss, same when Rin and Eiji were in the play). On that note the girls at her school also noticed Rin has changed.

It was funny how the kohai played delicate-kun and thought Rin would've liked it but apparently she didn't realize how hard Rin had run so that they could've gotten first place, would've been better to have done that somewhere else but at least Megu liked it.
Sep 5, 12:36 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to MeguSae38
Because they did tone down the romance aspect a bit and cut some really nice stuff in this episode, for those of you who are interested by what actually happens in the manga in these chapters:
@MeguSae38 I think I will read these chapters again can you tell the chapter numbers
sigh... Why they have to downgrade such a masterpiece.
Sep 5, 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
Literally ruin your club's performance at the relay race just to give an authentic performance as a tender boy? This is what the acting method means! But jokes aside, they clearly should have replaced her with an actor who played an athlete.

@Alfredo-Sauce Who would have thought that shotacon could create such a mess in such a wholesome club?
Sep 5, 12:52 PM

Jan 2024
Weekly diabetes consumption is here.

I think they kissed before during the last drama at school but this time Rin isn't acting and Eiji isn't "dead".
Rin wanted to wait for fireworks to add more vibes was fully expecting some usual blueballing but nonetheless she did it.

My man keeps winning in life.
Good to see he is trying hard to make Rin happy by working hard for her birthday gift.He also matured a bit thinking more about Rin rather than her charcatures. Although Rin didn't like that it seems.

Kirichan is just younger Rin. Megu and Kiri made up for the absence of Eiji. That race was so weird, thanks to Megu's ideas and Kiri's "acting" Rin's efforts were wasted.

One of the better episode but again studio tempered the source material hushhhh...
WaterMageSep 5, 12:59 PM
Sep 5, 1:51 PM

Jun 2017
rejected the harem and fixed on the main girl .What a chad .And she looked great as prince charming
Sep 5, 2:21 PM

Oct 2017
They kissed but once again skipped the actual scene. He's also chosing Rin over the others, Rin didn't seem to get it though. Megu's into young boys lol. Kiri chan acting at the wrong time.

We are approaching the end of which I'm not that looking forward to some stuff.
MegamiRemSep 15, 12:33 PM
Sep 5, 3:31 PM
May 2020
they done kiss, seeing something you'll never have brings envy and joy simultaneously!!!
Sep 5, 3:36 PM

Jul 2022
Why didn’t they show the kiss? The same thing happened with the confession, and I’m sad about it. I really wanted to jump out of my chair with excitement, but it didn’t happen.

Rin's relay race was amusing, and it was fun to learn that Megu's weakness is fragile boys, with Kiri putting on an Oscar-worthy performance while running.

It seems Rin didn’t quite understand Eiji when he rejected his other personalities, as he only has eyes for Rin. Another episode with way too much sweetness for my diabetic heart!
Sep 5, 4:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Missed opportunity for a kill la kill reference during the talking-to-clothing segment lol

We still get to see the daily school life of Rin even though Eiji is now in college. It could have been that every single scene would be with Rin and Eiji together, cute scene upon cute scene, and yeah there would be absolutely no complaints there. But having it this way, like just throwing in a costume-relay-race in there, makes it all feel more genuine. It's like we're living with the characters, experiencing their lives, rather than just watching them for the sake of adorable cute couple scenes. Not sure if I'm getting my point across here, but if I am, ya feel me?

And yes, a kiss. In Rin's room, at night, with the lights turned off, on the bed, in light loungewear, with the fireworks about to start, while holding hands, fingers interlocked. DAMN. And who knows, this is most likely their 2nd kiss actually. We never got to see since the lights were turned off during that play, but based on their reactions, yeah there's actually no question about it. Same thing here- but instead of the lights turning off, the camera man just fails at his job. It's okay though, we know it happened, we don't need to see, let's give them our privacy shall we. Better than being the cliché of ALMOST kissing but getting interrupted. Which, happens here, but Rin ain't no B*TCH and went in straight for the kill.

yea i luv this show its the best anime of the season

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 5, 4:43 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nanakura’s home visit started out pretty chill, but when it came to watching fireworks together things got really wild, was not expecting that kiss! Some folks may be upset they didn’t show it once again but I think the way they showed the hand reactions and then Eiji’s expression as Nanakura moved her head away told the whole story, I don’t feel robbed in the slightest, I thought it was a unique way to do a kiss scene. And it’s also funny how what was supposed to be a fireworks kiss turned into a kiss in a dark bedroom thanks to Megu lol, she forced her hand with that one, but I think I like this result better anyway.

There were some other great moments in this episode too, like Nanakura’s birthday gift which was a really sweet moment, didn’t think Nanakura would react that way to one of her personalities being rejected tho lol. And the cross dressing race was especially a lot of fun, it makes me sad that there’s just two episodes left but I want more of this trio hanging out, I didn’t expect Kiri to be one of my favorite characters in the show after being introduced so late, it was hilarious how she was making Megu feel a certain type of way in that delicate boy attire lol. Only bad move she made tho was throwing the race for the sake of acting, I mean it’s funny but I can’t blame Nanakura for being mad lol, at least it looks like Kiri might be a next gen Nanakura with her acting skill, also Nanakura’s cool guy character was fun, wouldn’t mind seeing her try that on Eiji lol.
Sep 5, 6:36 PM
Jul 2024
These two are TOO cute together, it just might not be legal.
Sep 5, 6:39 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to LordCrueltyV
The old fireworks in the bedroom window trope, but damn did they make it soooo wholesome and sweet. I want to adopt one of those two and pay for their wedding.

Now I am going to have to have a chat with my tuxedo about some good times past.

@LordCrueltyV Was that even a serious question? Come on my Man, I know you know a little bit about girls, you are in a college. ( OK, to be fair, I was pretty ignorant when I first started too. I mean the romance stuff.)
Sep 5, 6:44 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to MeguSae38
@MeguSae38 It was a lip kiss, right? In the confession scene, too?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 5, 7:46 PM
Sep 2023
LordCrueltyV said:

Wait, are you THE LordCrueltyV??? From the lost age of Crunchyroll comments??
Sep 5, 7:47 PM
Sep 2023
Nobody’s talking about how funny this episode’s end credit scene was. I was laughing out loud at the document style camera focusing
Sep 5, 8:43 PM

Jul 2024
Sheol01 said:
Come on my Man, I know you know a little bit about girls, you are in a college.
Was in college, 51 to 46 years ago. Know enough about girls to have 7 grandkids now. That's why I sometimes, not always, look at the young characters like Rin, Eiji, Ayaka and others from parental frame of reference. Other times like a full of himself law student or an Evil Overlord on the hunt. But, I do have a soft spot for young love in romance anime.
Everyone should try flipping around their frame of reference on a show sometimes. You can find bits that otherwise go right past you. Giji Harem resonates particularly well with me because I am always playing one role or another IRL.

Snow_Mage_Ddon said:
Wait, are you THE LordCrueltyV??? From the lost age of Crunchyroll comments??

The same.

Snow_Mage_Ddon said:
how funny this episode’s end credit scene was. I was laughing out loud at the document style camera focusing

Yeah, good catch, I went back to rewatch this.
LordCrueltyVSep 5, 8:53 PM
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Sep 5, 10:29 PM
Jan 2023
Why dose this anime keep jumping or skipping the cute scenes first it skipped the actual confession this time it didn’t show the kiss it makes no sense
Sep 6, 12:12 AM

Jan 2023
@WaterMage Chapters 99 to 106

@aurora_yuuki Yes, a lip kiss for the fireworks scene
Sep 6, 12:17 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to MeguSae38

@MeguSae38 thanks.
I have read those chapters after watching that episode that simultaneous confession and the chapter of them walking home was so cute. Dk why they skipping these this is not even censoring ecchi stuff.
Sep 6, 1:13 AM
Jan 2020
MeguSae38 said:

Thanks.

Since the love confession were cut, the audience were led to believe that they still aren't dating. Perhaps because it might've felt like the series finale if they were, with more than a few episodes to go. I can see where they are coming from, but them staying faithful to the source material would've still been preferable. Or at least, personally.
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 6, 5:31 AM

Jul 2017
Rin showing Eiji around her house and literally playing House during summer vacation, it feels like they're already progressed towards the post-marriage phase. But still, the one-girl harem that is Rin sure wants to keep Eiji rocking, going to her room to watch fireworks from a nearby festival. Thankfully it's just Megumi, but Rin just gave the entire game away by literally kissing him, catching him unguarded lols. BUT WHY CENSOR THAT KISS!?

Eiji's friends in the drama club being easy to get, but because the former is so hard to get because he has his hands full for Rin, jealousy flows like the natural. The clothing part was so off-putting that it actually sounded fine like Eiji's acting rhythm, but it's clear that the upcoming culture festival has Rin also being busy, though there's moments to tease just fervently.

The hardest part about Rin's birthday present is thinking what would be appropriate for her, and her character antics are all one and the same even with friends like Megu and Kiri. who dresses the part for the cross-dress inter-mized relay costime race (now that's a first I've seen). Kiri trying to get into character is so apt, it's just that she displays at the wrong timing lols. Eiji eventually getting Rin a bracelet, but also confessing that he's done with her characters...it's too much for the multi-faceted girl.

Rin, not to worry, Eiji already has his eyes on you, no matter what character you are!
Sep 6, 6:08 AM
Oct 2019
Bruhh why that handholding looks so lewd??
Sep 6, 6:18 AM

Jul 2023
On some previews, I thought they did it. lol
Sep 6, 6:21 AM
Jul 2024
Rin isn't taking any prisoners. This girl confessed and then kissed her crush all in season 1. I really like the direction the show took after the graduation of senpai.

I also like how Rin is using her different personalitys to mess around with her friends.
Sep 6, 11:25 AM
Mar 2015
He gave her a nice birthday gift but he spoiled it by making her jealous of her personas
Sep 6, 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
Never would I have thought that kissing would be censored in anime but here we are. Thank you Bilibili/Nomad for hiding the egregious act from our eyes. *Slow Claps* *Raises Glass*
Sep 6, 5:05 PM

Jul 2024
This might be my favorite episode so far. All the interactions were great
Sep 6, 7:20 PM
Mar 2018
I'm surprised they were magnanimous enough to show the handholding.

I'm enjoying Kiri and Megu as side characters though.
Sep 6, 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
The slow but surely progression of their relationship is so nice (´β–½`)
It feels natural as well.
Sep 7, 12:57 AM

Mar 2008
I liked Eiji's little stupid act over the clothes lol

A kiss you dont even see or hear? Okay im really thinking this is being censored to Chinese standards.

Damn who's idea was it for Rin to run in those shoes ?

Lol about those two girls gender bender yuri vibes going and losing a race from acting in the middle of it lol
Sep 7, 6:41 AM

Nov 2013
Why are they censoring the kiss for the second time now?!!! Also, I may have not paid much attention in previous episodes, but the animation this time was god-awful, like, there's barely any animation just still panels over and over again. Extremely low-budget anime. Such a pity. If not for Rin's VA and probably drop this and switch to manga.
Sep 8, 6:59 AM
Oct 2022
Every time I watch this show I walk away smiling. This episode was great. I love how close they have grown. I think one of the reasons I like E so much is that even though he can be awkward and really shy about some things he still follows through with a smile. There are 50 gagillion male mc’s that would have never let the kiss even happen. They would have screamed, yelling “you’re too close!” Turning red and ruining the moment. Not our boi! He stayed strong like a champ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š love it!
Sep 8, 10:45 AM
Jan 2022
rin and sensei really look like a real family for sure and I wasn't expecting the sudden kiss but it was so sweet and adorable but with the fireworks in background it would be more lovely....
Sep 8, 10:06 PM
Mar 2021
Volto a falar: Esse é o melhor romance da temporada
Se o diretor decidisse não cortar alguns conteúdos à efeito de censurar o relacionamento dos dois, esse anime seria perfeito
Sep 9, 1:24 AM

Jun 2021
These boots aren't made for walking... or running. But she is teaching well to her own kouhai.

"The worst summer?" i feel you, it lasted just one month and a half around here.

It was a relief that it wasn't Rin parents ringing at the door.
Sep 10, 2:41 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see some more moments of rin & Eiji.
Sep 13, 8:30 AM

Jun 2015
They showed the handholding but not the kiss?

Rin has really gotten prettier, I guess that is the power of love.

Sep 28, 7:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Eiji finally visiting Rin's house and they sure not wasting time with the kiss. I retract my words, directior really like to do those kind of teasing, eh?

Then Rin birthday gift should've be more wide. But eh, this is Eiji, so something that silly gift can still make the lovely Rin fawn over to it xd
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 8, 2:20 AM

Feb 2019
Rin and Megu's relationship is just so cute though
Oct 9, 3:33 AM
Dec 2022
Eiji picks out a present for Rin's birthday. Which character shall he picks out for? In the end, he picks a serious gift for Rin.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

139 by smoodflamez »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.