Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 15, 1:50 AM

Mar 2018
One of the best music episodes that i ever watched in my life, what the fuck is the music? This shit is perfection in form of an anime. damn

top 5 episodes of the season, ngl
MUIGaryuuJun 15, 1:53 AM
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 15, 2:05 AM
Jan 2024
Peak peak peak peak peak peak peak
Jun 15, 4:52 AM

Jun 2015
Two band live scene in one episode, Toei is definitely serious with this experimental project.

Jun 15, 5:07 AM

Jan 2020
I can't put into words how much I love "Girls Band Cry"!

This is one of the best, if not the best anime band performance I have ever seen!
Jun 15, 5:28 AM

Jun 2016
THIS JUST PEAK ,LIT AND ON FIRE !!!

DUDE this girls band is so damn goooddd!!
Jun 15, 6:03 AM

Jun 2019
Was Nina's father listening to the performance on the radio? Or was that even a radio he was holding/listening to, or would that local performance even be broadcast on their radio? Or was he listening to another of their songs?
Jun 15, 6:36 AM
Apr 2022
Finally, Toei finds the budget to do 3D performances without a live video backdrop lol.

A bit annoyed about the 2D scenes, with janky animation. It sounds like they didnt storyboard and time the show properly and had to fit 2D scenes in.

Clearly quality has been dropping. Last episodes have 2D scenes in it as well.

Hilarious to see the anime community hoodwinked by the flashy CGI.

Otherwise performances are GREAT!

I wish Diamond Dust have a full song rather than the standard insert length. MyGO's insert songs were full length.

Oh well. Everyone agrees Studio orange remains the CGI king. Beast Stars is coming later this year to crush them all.

Now how do we compare GBC with the new Gundam CGI anime? Which is better? Animations for both are similarly fluid. Both are blatantly 3D CGI.
Jun 15, 6:58 AM

May 2023
only one words that came up on my mind: everything is perfect, just everything from up down to the bottom is perfect 👌
Jun 15, 7:56 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to rahez
Woahh Togenashi Togeari's new song! while I'm still not into to the song when first time I heard, not like their other songs before, more easy listening from first time heard

I'm curious with the woman at minute 23:10 and The woman at the funeral. Is she Tomo's mother? but I don't have a clue for the woman at the funeral.

Subaru told her grandmother & Nina's father watch her concert while online.

2 episodes left, I love this series. I wish there is season 2, because I love this series and all 5 main characters
@rahez the woman is Tomo's mother and the person in front of the gravestone was Rupa herself. You can see the petal flying from that scene to the concert, signifies that although Rupa's parents may have been gone, her performance still connects with them.
Jun 15, 10:25 AM
Apr 2021
Episode 11 is probably the best music anime content I have consumed. As a musician who also plays in a band, the animation and production have most certainly captured the feel of a live band playing. I am a big fan of Bocchi the rock but for this episode, I will say it is far more immersive than what Bocchi the rock can ever put out due to its CG nature. The movements, the fingers holding the chords, the drummer, everything was very accurate and I really felt like I was watching a sick sick music video by some big rock band or smth. The music was really good as well, capturing their style of "rebellious" underground-type music with accurate-sounding instruments representing the characters' gear. Eg: Momoka-san uses a Jazzmaster-type guitar and the music reflects it too. So from a musician's point of view (I don't call myself the biggest musician in the world ngl), I am a big fan of stuff like this. Very well done!!!
CalebFongJun 15, 10:31 AM
Jun 15, 1:28 PM

Apr 2023
Hands down the best episode of the show so far holy moly.
Jun 15, 7:01 PM
Sep 2022
love ninas voice, and rupa is my favorite
Jun 15, 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
I saw that the IRL version of Togenashi Togeari are actually performing at BAYCAMP and I think that's so cool! Also LOVED their performance in the episode! This anime just gets better and better with each passing week!
Jun 15, 7:28 PM
Jun 2019
i know everyone says this every episode. but the animation this episode was amazing. like im not gonna mention the end which was basically a music video. but them doing sound checks alone was amazing quality. like seeing the drums get played and matching it perfectly to what she was doing AND IT STILL LOOKING FLUID WAS CRAZY. 10/10 3d anime
Jun 15, 7:45 PM
Apr 2018
absolutely banger new song!! another epic episode.

the new song lyric also great
Jun 15, 8:04 PM

Mar 2022
THAT WAS FIRE!!! The songs are fantastic! And I love their friendly rivalry with the Diamond Dust which pushes them to be even better. Nina and Momoka now being able to face their past and their friend-turned rivals is huge.
Jun 15, 9:59 PM
Feb 2021
the peakness is off the charts 😭😭😭😭 truly a visual, aural and heartful masterpiece
Jun 15, 11:14 PM

May 2015
Reply to yukiiholic
I saw that the IRL version of Togenashi Togeari are actually performing at BAYCAMP and I think that's so cool! Also LOVED their performance in the episode! This anime just gets better and better with each passing week!
@yukiiholic If you would like to see them performing one of their songs live you can check out this video:

It is freaking amazing that Nina is played and voiced by a 16 years old girl. (I mean it is rare in this industry that teenager characters are voiced by actual teenagers and not by adults in their mid twenties or even older)
IshitatesoJun 15, 11:18 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 16, 3:48 AM
Apr 2021
Tiyuen210 said:
@rahez the woman is Tomo's mother and the person in front of the gravestone was Rupa herself. You can see the petal flying from that scene to the concert, signifies that although Rupa's parents may have been gone, her performance still connects with them.

I think so... I guess she is Rupa too, but the scene too fast. So I can't recognize well

Thank you for your reply🙂
Jun 16, 12:03 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, you know what? Even when you're like me and don't side with the mc's passion all the time one's got to admit when the episode put its money where it's worth.

Holy shit that was such a produced song. Every moving shot, the melody, the colors, the flickering art that came and went it was all at a level I rarely see in anime, probably because I'm not into idol ones. Needless to say that was the spotlight and overshadowed everythign else, from Diamon Dust's solid attempt at rock to trying to remember the relevance of some characters like Miura and Kyoko.

Looks like things will be settling down for the finale soon to come. Good, we probably need to take a breather after something like this.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 16, 12:39 PM

Sep 2021
Hands down to the best CGI anime ever made, that is cinematography at its finest

Anime of the Year if it's not for frieren man... why tf these masterpieces came from the same year
Goodnight, Punpun 
Jun 16, 2:37 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to WatchTillTandava
Was Nina's father listening to the performance on the radio? Or was that even a radio he was holding/listening to, or would that local performance even be broadcast on their radio? Or was he listening to another of their songs?
@WatchTillTandava

I think that was his phone. He might've been watching a livestream of the performance.
Jun 16, 2:45 PM

Jun 2019
Romax24245 said:
I think that was his phone. He might've been watching a livestream of the performance.

Oh, I see. That would actually make a lot more sense! I don't know why I assumed radio, except that I'm not tech-savvy with phone culture so that's just where my mind went with the association of listening to music. Suddenly Nina's father, for a supposedly strict educator with rigid and traditional family house rules, is coming across as quite the modern guy. More modern than me.
Jun 16, 8:01 PM

May 2022
Never expected this to be so awesome.
Jun 17, 5:55 AM

Feb 2020
I'm actually crying man what the fuck. Like not just tears, but streaming down straight up crying. What the fuck 😭

That performance was just so????? Perfect???? Song, lyrics, visuals, everything. I've never felt like this before, legitimately. That shit felt like a final episode even though there's still 2 left. This episode has completely turned this show from my anime of the season to anime of the year instantly. I don't know if there'll be anything better this year. So fucking good dude truly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
Fluid and powerful performance, I liked it. I also liked the connection to their respective families that they made here. I think that's been an overarching theme. Except Momoka, but I guess her "familial" connection would be to her old band mates instead.
Jun 17, 9:50 AM
Aug 2020
The development has been awesome
Jun 17, 9:17 PM
Aug 2023
INSANE Nothing less than INSANE
Jun 18, 8:05 PM
Sep 2021
the GOAT the GOAT the GOAT the GOAT
Jun 19, 10:56 AM
Oct 2020
Best among best song
Jun 20, 6:07 AM

Jun 2020
I love everything about the performance, really. Their outfits, the song, the camera shots and movements. Everything was amazing. Peak cinema indeed.
Jun 21, 6:12 AM
Aug 2019
Ended with a great song performance.
Jun 22, 5:04 PM
Apr 2020
this episode had it all
Jun 23, 7:00 AM
Jul 2016
Toei W.
I don't know who's cutting all these onions, but my eyes couldn't stop watering. :,)
Jun 25, 6:21 AM

Jul 2017
Despite the girls still having to utilize the same recording studio as they always had been, the band festival creeps ever closer, and by sheer luck, the band gets an early screentime on the stage due to complications, even though their small stage is easily triumphed by Diamond Dust getting the big stage. Still, they can only hope for the best as the day approaches with a rather large audience.

It's time for the actual stage event, and Diamond Dust kicks off with a new song that truly defines their new identity, which resonates with their large audience. And their pinky swearing back at Togenashi Togeari, THIS MEANS WAR, and Nina and the gang get ready for their new counter song to be sung on the small stage. And no matter the size of that stage, their song of defiance is the accumulation of the cry of their hearts: Emptiness and Catharsis.

I'll just echo what everyone has already said: this is a POWER-PACKED episode, of the outstanding kind. From the seamless CGI to the songs, it's a goddamn flawless episode.
Jun 25, 6:22 PM

Aug 2015
this is peak
people need to talk more about this anime, how is this not streamed anywhere
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 28, 10:11 PM

Nov 2021
The performances in this anime are so damn good I'm impressed
Jul 3, 4:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Playing on stage for a festival! That was great, they all looked good with their new outfits especially Nina and the visual effects during the performance made it look so much better
Jul 3, 6:08 AM
Jan 2024
Toie Animation should more make anime like this, My God the Animation concert, The Crowd, Coloring background, everything 10/10.
Jul 3, 12:02 PM

Oct 2017
It's finally the big day for them. Good performance again and liked the dynamic camera movement. Loved seeing Mine san again and Kyoko's a fun one too. Miura though.
Jul 11, 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
Ruka is this bands mom while Momoka is the big sister. Because she lost her family she seems to have grown into her role on her own.

I know this story isnt about DD but I really have to sympathise with them. Like their songs too.. would be ironic if their merch sold better after this anime than TogeToges
What does their name even mean?

PS: I know this season has multiple standout episodes and since there has only been one as far as Im concerned Im already hyped for the last 2

PPS: Yeah I guess this shows why I dont value "music" as a genre for anime because to me this episode was good but nothing amazing at all. Like, its a music anime. They had a performance on stage. So what.
Comander-07Jul 11, 1:52 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 14, 4:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
these girls' drip game is on point

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 15, 2:40 PM
Aug 2019
Nice performance tbh
Jul 22, 6:09 PM
Mar 2019
DD are a bit too polished.
Jul 28, 6:28 PM

Aug 2019
this episode was peak truly, the visuals during their performance was just amazing; I am sad that only two episodes remain since it just started getting really good so I hope a sequel for this comes eventually
Jul 29, 7:23 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Our resident babe band killed it once again, we even got the whole song with a music video-ish thing going on, even showcasing a bit of the backstories for Tomo and Rupa which we haven’t gotten a lot of info on, and of course the song was great, loved the stage outfits too. This was definitely a big moment for the band, this was their time to show everyone what they’re made of and they did just that, although I think the Subaru thing was solved rather randomly, but it was nice seeing everyone there.

That being said, I thought Diamond Dust had the better performance lol, idk I just think they rocked it harder, I think I liked the song better as well, they also didn’t spend 2 or 3 minutes talking before playing, you can do that after you played your show opener, you gotta come out swinging, but I get this is an anime and you gotta have your emotional monologues, if only Rupa shut Nina up with her ass again lol. Both bands slayed tho, let’s be real, a rivalry like this just means better music after all. And the next episode’s title has me worried, but we just have two episodes left so let’s see what happens!
TheColonel76Jul 29, 7:27 PM
Aug 19, 4:39 AM
May 2014
Hey, Boa Hancock is back! And she brought punk Android 18!

More hints at Rupa's deal. Wish they'd stop hinting and just give us the episode. She sure likes drinking when something makes her nervous. Relatable. Some dope drum and bass solos also. And Hana stole the pinky thing, unforgivable! But it is war after all.

Such a good song, I feel like I hadn't noticed Momoka and Rupa specifically going this hard yet. Gonna have to watch it multiple times to pick up all the symbolism
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.