Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 8:57 AM

Dec 2021
It's cultural festival time.

Enough time has passed that we can admit that tsundere Rin is the best Rin, right? Harem aside, sometimes I forget that the characters are in that theater club and it's kind of a big deal later on. And ofc, no romcom would be complete without the traditional cultural festival and sick episode. A 2 in 1 this time around.

I don't remember much, and by much, I mean the entire manga, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't this fast at least. I mean we went from the cultural festival which is usually around November, to New Years in January... in a matter of minutes. I don't mind nor care just something I found kinda odd. Curtain chapter was one of my favorites from the little that I remember, very glad they did it justice. Rin is kawaii indeed Eiji.

And hell yeah, only two episodes in and the main girl already knows she's in love with the MC. How long will it take to confess, is the question.

Jul 11, 8:57 AM

May 2020
Yeah, the power of a voice artist is frightening, not to mention someone like Rin herself. Though hey, this guy got all the goods. From an anime imouto to equally similar kouhai, Rin can nail it all, and in one way or the other, guy is getting all of his fetishes covered lol. Not that we don’t wanna see things similar to his likings, but hey the actual Rin, without any character filters should be applauded as well.

Again, the format itself which does see something like which would exactly fit the manga medium only, has been really brought to life by the VA’s here. Though I feel for Rin sometimes, as it seems fairly obvious that she wants Eiji to look at her as ‘Rin’ only, and not cool-chan or tsundere-chan, but the guy is too deep into this entire roleplay thing that he is, and will not, realise her true feelings for some good time lol. Also, I really like how these two could literally express whatever feelings they want without even actually meaning that… the last bit I mean xD
Jul 11, 8:58 AM

Apr 2016
The fantasy of having a little sister is only spread by people who never had a little sister, i think a wise man once said that. But never mind that, the yearly shrine visit was really nice, our dear Rin was quite in the spirit for that kind of an event xD
Jul 11, 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
The more I watched this, the more this definitely feels like a good fit with manga mainly and not as smooth with anime since there were a lot of segments there that just took place without much proper transitions there. Sometimes, the music from a segment would continue onto a whole new one so it feels like a scene should be continuing but it isn't. Loads happened but the characters and chemistry is good enough for me to still enjoy this, even with the odd fit. Rin is putting in her shifts with her feelings with her senpai through the acting she is displaying and even with the end, you can tell it's becoming more difficult to control her real emotions and crush from her playful acting with him. This definitely should be ending with this season the way it has been flowing so far.
Jul 11, 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
Dude's habit of making sure he each of Rin's personalities gets something according to their "tastes" whenever he gets her a gift is freaking adorable.

You already know their inevitable wedding's gonna have like 6 seperate wedding cakes. Minimum.
FarCriticalJul 11, 9:23 AM
Jul 11, 9:28 AM
Aug 2022
Felt rushed, New year suddenly in matter of minutes.
Manga needs justice. am I wrong?
Jul 11, 9:29 AM
Apr 2024
My heart. I can’t stop laughing and smiling throughout the episode. It’s so sweet and wholesome.
Jul 11, 9:58 AM
Feb 2024
I can’t believe how thoroughly I’m enjoying this anime. All of their interactions are gold, this sis definitely one of my top currently airing favorites.
I love that he knew she wasn’t acting at the end there 🥹
Jul 11, 10:03 AM
Jul 2023
Just the two main characters going through school life together, bantering and teasing each other, perfect.

Definitely need more Imouto in the future.
Jul 11, 10:05 AM

Jan 2023
Wow, such a sweet and adorable episode this week!
I loved the scene where she takes care of him, the one where they walk together under an umbrella, and the shrine hand holding and accidental hug.
It was basically a true collection of romantic cliches, but done right, and in a very fun and original way.
And of course, Saori Hayami did such a great job conveying Rin sheer adorableness this episode :)

I was happy they finally added the 'romantic subtext' tag, but considering this episode I think they should just go with the 'romance' one honestly.
Jul 11, 10:06 AM

Mar 2021
Sweet episode really loving this show so far.
Jul 11, 10:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Cool-chan making him swoon on the phone was the best part lmao
Jul 11, 10:34 AM
Feb 2021
I usually love romcom anime, and I watched this show because the premise is very unique and I really had high hopes, but so far I'm really disappointed. The pacing is really off since the first episode and there's no sign of it improving, like why the hell is it already the winter season when we're only halfway through the 2nd episode??? Moreover, this show relies too much on the 2 main characters interacting with each other in a random setting, no other side characters that are relevant enough or situations that are significant enough so far, and it makes the dynamic between them gets really old really fast. Also the overall production quality is not that good either. I'm dropping this show immediately.
Jul 11, 11:01 AM
Jan 2023
I am really loving this anime!! The voice acting is really great, especially of Nanakura, the voice actor really deserves a big round of applause. The episode was really grat with a lot of sweet moments. Especially that " Great Luck " one. I don't know about the manga readers but personally, the pace is nice for me . I mean the pace isn't hindering the fun one can have while watchung it. Overall, I really liked this episode.
Waiting for the next!!
Jul 11, 11:01 AM
Apr 2022
This is, without a doubt, the most wholesome series this season
Jul 11, 11:11 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to Arcanine369
I usually love romcom anime, and I watched this show because the premise is very unique and I really had high hopes, but so far I'm really disappointed. The pacing is really off since the first episode and there's no sign of it improving, like why the hell is it already the winter season when we're only halfway through the 2nd episode??? Moreover, this show relies too much on the 2 main characters interacting with each other in a random setting, no other side characters that are relevant enough or situations that are significant enough so far, and it makes the dynamic between them gets really old really fast. Also the overall production quality is not that good either. I'm dropping this show immediately.
@Arcanine369 Well, You can drop the show if you want but just to tell you , I have got to know that the manga is quite short and the anime will be having 12 episodes on that account and to fulfil all those conditions the anime should be atleast of 25 episodes. For example - Toradora.
I also like romcom anime but I personally think that this anime is going good. The voice acting is quite great and about the animation, it isn' high quality but looks good and suits the anime. You are asking a lot without considering the important points.
Jul 11, 11:19 AM

May 2019
While I've been enjoying watching this I can't help but feel that this is a bit disjointed with the way things are playing out like they're separate mini stories such as a festival play, Eiji getting sick, brief mention of Christmas and the new year shrine visit. I don't think these are flowing as smoothly as they could but at least watching Rin get flustered and her showing off her multiple personalities is still entertaining.
Jul 11, 11:24 AM

Aug 2022
Time goes by fast but their cuteness feels very long.

Again, the Nanakura we know always acts in various ways in front of Eiji. They had spent winter and New Year together, and now Rin seemed to want to confess her feelings to Eiji.

Jul 11, 11:27 AM
Nov 2022
I'm simply loving this anime. It's a very good rom-com with subtle embarrassing moments. Nanakura is perfect in every personality and she is so cute. Her little sister, albeit her less screentime, was also very cute. I love he is completely clueless about her feelings and just thinks this is just her acting. Nanakura was beautiful in that yukata and that hand holding scene was so moe haha... Overall a very good ep loved it
Jul 11, 12:00 PM

Apr 2023
Felt like this episode of "Multiple Personality Disorder: the anime" really picked up a lot compared to the first one! I figured the first episode might go a bit slower to set the premise but was pleasantly surprised when there seemed to be a strong amount of development for only the second episode of a rom-com.

Some others mentioned it seems to be going fast, but I can't say I mind that. Often times romances drag like crazy and I'm actually hoping this keeps pace like it's doing now.

Lastly, the bits where she contemplates when they'll make a breakthrough in their relationship and "I'd rather share memories than secrets" both took me by surprise. Good stuff!
Jul 11, 12:03 PM
Jun 2024
short stories ...way too gud
liltle animation keeps it fresh
>

Jul 11, 12:07 PM

Jul 2021
This show is still not working for me at all...

The writing is just so basic and feels choppy. Rin does a voice, Senpai goes "kyun~", asks for a different girl. Repeat 3-5 times. Next scene.

Again, I really like the idea, but the writers don't seem to be doing anything beyond the absolute minimum; it feels like they spent a few minutes coming up with some banter and wrote it down without any context.

Pretty disappointed to walk away from this one.
Jul 11, 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
all her characters, and this is my favorite: PRECIOUS

Jul 11, 12:18 PM
Sep 2019
I thought this idea of them won't work on a long run..
But this episode was fantastic, Saori Hayami is just killing it and I would be honest I loved every minute of it.
Even the Ed song and after that.

This would be a straight up 10/10 for me just keep me entertained. It was so fun to watch this episode loved it.
Jul 11, 12:46 PM

Aug 2023
Reply to Arcanine369
@Arcanine369 for pacing part - each chapter in manga is 6-7 pages so they feel fast but they do there part for being wholesome and cute, and studio is trying to adapt everything in S1 cuz every chapter is short and manga is finished at chapter 131
for character part - main and MAIN focus is on 2 MC's. side character like club president appear from time to time but main focus is always the 2 MC's
Jul 11, 1:04 PM
Apr 2024
I love watching them being cute and adorable, they are having so much fun together, and I can't to see more.
Jul 11, 1:44 PM
Mar 2022
the time jump is getting out of hand. we can't see the process of love growing organically.
still gonna watch it tho
Jul 11, 2:47 PM

Feb 2019
Who needs 100 girlfriends when Hayamin can be 100 girlfriends at once! This show is so damn cute and even though it’s the same gag it never gets old. Hayamin vocal range is on full display and I can’t get enough of she and the MC’s playful banter. This is very much in the vein of Takagi san and I loved that so I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I’m rooting for Rin to be able to confess as herself to Eiji someday, they’re giving a new meaning to the “your only competition is yourself” expression 😭 she better hurry up before one of her personas steals Eiji from her! Money’s on tsundere chan rn.

The shrine visit was so cute too, Rin damn near passing out because of her fortune slip had me dying.
Marinate1016Jul 11, 2:52 PM
Jul 11, 2:59 PM

Aug 2023
Reply to Ryujin-Sama
the time jump is getting out of hand. we can't see the process of love growing organically.
still gonna watch it tho
@Ryujin-Sama if you are thinking pacing is fast remember that manga chapter is 6-7 pages long. they are fast to read but they do their job for being wholesome and cute. Also they are not skipping or rushing anything.
Jul 11, 3:08 PM
Mar 2021
These two are so cute... I hope they end up together.

Also, people complaining about the pacing? They know the manga isn't that long? Same case with Tomo-chan, those people may lose their mind if they realize how many episodes they skipped there lol
Jul 11, 3:28 PM

Jun 2023
Now this episode was gooood
Jul 11, 4:13 PM
Oct 2022
Cute, but honestly creepy AF. Giving me flashbacks to far too many many-faced exes. Its like an anime which makes a situation such as getting kicked in the junk somehow a good thing.
Jul 11, 4:17 PM

Jan 2024
I love this series. The interactions between them are so cute and funny, plus Hayamins voice acting is just perfect. This is definitely one I look forward to watching weekly.
Jul 11, 4:39 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Ricky16
Felt rushed, New year suddenly in matter of minutes.
Manga needs justice. am I wrong?
@Ricky16 the manga has 131/152 (dk what is correct, I haven't read it) and they are adapting 10-12 stories per episode so I don't think they are disservicing the manga atleast as of now.
Jul 11, 4:50 PM

Jan 2024
Spent the last one hour smiling while watching these two dorks teasing eachother.
This anime is perfect. Their relationship is so wholesome. And Rin is so sweet.
The sick and shrine visit tropes are common but still executed with perfection. Ecchi-chan also joined harem.
Rin kept saying best fortune... She is so freaking adorable.
The pacing is fine, looks like they will cover multiple years unlike other romcoms which covers few months in 2 seasons nice change of pace. Makes their progress more natural rather than rushed.
Another brilliant episode this is turning out as good as expected. They teased confession this time maybe actual one soon.
Jul 11, 4:52 PM

Jun 2020
Buset coyy lucu banget sumpahhh
Jul 11, 6:02 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another fantastic episode, I’m just absolutely loving the moments between Eiji and Nanakura, just purely wholesome and cute, I also like that Eiji is really chill with Nanakura, he gets the heartthrobs from Nanakura’s characters but when it comes to Nanakura herself they just have a really good time, her laughing at his silliness is injecting sweetness right into my bloodstream lol. And Nanakura seems to be the first to truly fall for the other, and it’s really cute to witness, happened earlier than I thought it would too so perhaps we may see these two get together sooner than later, but with Eiji’s obliviousness maybe not lol, I’m buckled in for the good times in general tho.

And it looks like some folks think the pacing is moving really fast, I have to disagree, the pacing feels perfectly fine, what I think feels fast is how we got three romcom school anime staples all in one episode, being the school festival, Christmas, and the new years shrine visit, it surprised me but I don’t think it’s a bad thing, all of these bits were amazing too. And we also got the introduction of another Nanakura to add to the pseudo harem, this time we got a little sister character and I think the spoiled character is new too, both great additions, already some great bits with Eiji regarding them. And not only did we get Nanakura characters, we also saw her little sister who looks super cute, hopefully we actually meet her eventually. And lastly, wow that night view scene was the bee’s knees, Eiji was smooth af without even meaning to be and Nanakura’s reactions were gold, loved it.

I think this one might be on its way to a 10/10 from me, it’s too early to call it but I think it’s very possible.
Jul 11, 6:18 PM
Aug 2021
Arcanine369 said:

I agree with everything you said. The schtick was original and funny at first but it wore off with this episode. I’m with you on bailing.
Jul 11, 6:21 PM
Nov 2022
These two are fucking adorable
Jul 11, 6:33 PM

Apr 2022
goddamn she hit him with the ''onii-chan'' lol. i still think i would like this more if i liked nanakura's design, because hayamin is carrying.
Jul 11, 8:45 PM
Jul 2023
It is impossible not to marvel at Saori Hayami's work, on the other hand the story is light, relaxing and optimistic. I'm up to date with the manga and I have high hopes for this adaptation.
Jul 11, 9:18 PM

Jul 2022
Damn, they covered an entire season in a single episode—Christmas and New Year's have already passed. At this rate, they'll be in university by the next episode, hahaha. They really are a great couple, and I love this show.

I think this is one of Saori Hayami's best works so far, as she can really showcase her range with Rin, especially with the multiple facets of her character. Rin is an excellent character, and Eiji has been delightful since the previous episode.
Jul 11, 10:01 PM

Aug 2011
Just one word. DIABETES...
Jul 11, 10:21 PM

Sep 2022
I wanted to like it but I am tired of it after second episode. I just want them to talk more like normal humans.
Maybe it works much better for native speakers when you hear difference but still strange that they call out every time which girl is she acting like.
Jul 12, 12:05 AM
May 2021
The animation is ok but what really elevates this anime is Saori Hayami's voice acting <3
Jul 12, 12:22 AM
Jan 2022
crazyanderewitch said:
I can’t believe how thoroughly I’m enjoying this anime. All of their interactions are gold, this sis definitely one of my top currently airing favorites.
I love that he knew she wasn’t acting at the end there 🥹

oh, welcome to the "other place" to discuss anime 🤣

yeah this is the best diabetes of the season, for sure
Jul 12, 12:51 AM
Apr 2023
Best GIRL of the Season
Jul 12, 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
wanted to stay because of the good op/ed and voice acting tbh, but the gag and cute stuffs starts gets repetitive quickly although the overall idea is cute.
Jul 12, 5:41 AM
Wreckerangel
Feb 2023
chocomayu said:
Buset coyy lucu banget sumpahhh

nagih banget kannn

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jul 12, 6:37 AM
May 2020
This show is a banger. So good comedy
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.