Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
i like it, its beautiful
May 21, 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to n4ytcg
they really had to fk it up by adding something so weird & unnecessary

like it is a crime though
@n4ytcg Those damn Japanese!!!
May 21, 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
It's sad and pathetic how they introduce a new character for 90% fanservice reasons and 10% actually important stuff. I actually enjoy GBC more than this and episode 7 made it more clear why. GBC doesn't waste time on such primitive BS. To each their own though...
May 21, 3:22 PM
Mar 2019
This is a light episode, but still pretty uplifting. Keep your eye on the road, guys. Keep your eyes on the road.
May 21, 6:26 PM
Feb 2023
Gud............
May 21, 6:54 PM

Aug 2015
Reminder to all these people being like "15 or 16 isn't a kid anymore!!!" that in America and many other countries, the legal age of consent is 18. In Japan however, creepily enough, it was only 13 until 2023 when they raised it to 16. So while it may be legal in Japan it is still extremely morally questionable and illegal in many other countries. Anyone who justifies it is just as predatory and creepy, because if you flip the genders suddenly they think it's problematic, meaning that they're just fetishizing. In most people's eyes these are still children.
coreynjMay 21, 6:58 PM
May 21, 9:17 PM
May 2024
Reply to BlichoBoy
The plastic itself is fine, the problem is the giant tattoo erased on her back. Which sound like a rough past.

Seeing how was discussed cup sizes. The question is, Blu-ray when?
@BlichoBoy was she a former Yakuza? It's too detailed and creative to be recognized as a large scar on her back
May 22, 12:54 AM
Apr 2021
i love little lesbians
May 22, 2:51 PM
Apr 2020
they're made for each other, should just kiss already, not on the cheek.
May 22, 3:59 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to coreynj
Reminder to all these people being like "15 or 16 isn't a kid anymore!!!" that in America and many other countries, the legal age of consent is 18. In Japan however, creepily enough, it was only 13 until 2023 when they raised it to 16. So while it may be legal in Japan it is still extremely morally questionable and illegal in many other countries. Anyone who justifies it is just as predatory and creepy, because if you flip the genders suddenly they think it's problematic, meaning that they're just fetishizing. In most people's eyes these are still children.
@coreynj lol yeah its not even worth debating with those people trying to justify the reasons why.

The people saying, "It's to tell a backstory so its fine" or how she was possibly yakuza is a pretty silly and nonsensical justification too.

there are a million ways you could do this without telling high school girls to fondle your tits. in fact, they have a total separate and establishing shot of the scar being shown on her back immediately after that scene.

May 22, 10:46 PM
Mar 2020
i would literally just cut the one scene. the beach scene was really good though
May 23, 9:36 AM
Nov 2022
Bro, wtf? The scene of Kano and Kiui with Koharu in the bathroom is kinda sus ._.

Also, I really like that they touch on that topic, not really knowing if you are sure with your life, with what you are going to do with it, although I would also have liked them to touch on the topic of fear of failure, but I suppose that will be in later episodes.
May 23, 7:00 PM
Feb 2021
That ending 😍 it's Yuri to me, your honor. Lol but this was a really nice episode! I loved seeing the girls talk to eachother about their goals. I think showing Kiui nervous at her school was a really nice touch, we can see that even though she's confident about her life plan she's still more socially anxious. I'm sketched out by Koharu bc of illegal tiddy touching and the fact that Kiui told her her screen name (that smells like trouble to me). I'm afraid that we're at that point of a 12 episode anime where this was a calm before the storm and there will be a big conflict next episode 👀 we'll see!
May 24, 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
i normally don't mind fan service, but was that scene really necessary..?
i can already see the production staff and director having a conversation like

director?: we've made 6 episodes so far, but i think there's still something important missing.
production staff: you mean we should add some more drama into the story or ...?
director?: big fat voluptuous round anime tiddies
production staff: i'm sorry..?

You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 24, 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
DreamingBeats said:
i normally don't mind fan service, but was that scene really necessary..?
i can already see the production staff and director having a conversation like

director?: we've made 6 episodes so far, but i think there's still something important missing.
production staff: you mean we should add some more drama into the story or ...?
production staff: i'm sorry..?

It was absolutely unnecessary. Didn’t add anything to the story.
May 26, 11:03 PM
Apr 2022
plastic boobs scenes are necessary because koharu wanted big boobs and that's why she got big boobs. some may don't like big plastic boobs and think it isn't normal, but it's what she wants that really matters. it's not a coincidence that they let kiui meet her because kiui is the one who struggled on not being normal and koharu is prob an example of living an anormal life. anime fans must be hypnotized by those plastic boobs to piece this together, they nearly got me too truth be told
May 27, 11:27 AM
Mar 2018
Seriously what the heck was up with the adult woman letting high school girls touch her boobs?
May 27, 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to Chol_Yerlow
Seriously what the heck was up with the adult woman letting high school girls touch her boobs?
@Chol_Yerlow
yea, this episode was weird. Koharu looks at Kiui and her immediate reaction is to ask her cup size. Koharu is an adult while Kiui is a high schooler, but even with that aside, it's still weird.

later on, Koharu brags about spending a fortune on her boobs. Kano is impressed and almost immediately asks Koharu, a near complete stranger, to take a bath together that same evening. It's already weird that Koharu invited the girls to touch her boobs, but even more bizarre is the girls actually going ahead and doing it. Let's not forget how Koharu offered to show her bare breasts in public, and how Kano was seemingly obsessed with Kiuiu's breast size.

This episode feels like it was written by a perv...cough cough the stereotypical male otaku.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 29, 12:09 AM
Jan 2021
So what was the cup size
May 31, 7:53 PM
Mar 2020
The message that not being "normal" is okay and how it's a pointless stupid word is always good. Also, bikes somehow reminded me of Persona 4.
Jun 6, 9:29 AM
White Whistle

Feb 2018
Reply to ajw215799
Is it my imagination or is this show practically identical (plot wise) to Girls Band Cry
@ajw215799 i'd say they both follow the typical girl-band anime formula. not a bad thing, what matters is that the characters themselves are individualistic.
Jun 6, 9:31 AM
White Whistle

Feb 2018
Reply to HajimeNozomiUwU
@n4ytcg It's a joke. No need to take it seriously
@HajimeNozomiUwU "yes 8-man" we all say in unison
Jun 6, 4:06 PM

Jan 2021
random ass event bro LMFAO
負けたくない

Jun 8, 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
With the JELEE girls turning into 3rd Years, they need to decide for their future, which will create the path ahead of them.

Kano following Kiui to her motorcycle school to get a license, that's a good start, while Mahiru and Mei are undecided yet. When another fellow classmate of Koharu jumps onboard of Kiui due to the fascination of not just her boobs, becoming a school teacher is something that she gave a lot of thought, even as she reclused into the NEET that she is now, wanting to help people like her get back to society the way they are, which I think is commendable on her own merits.

Kano wanting to become a famous online persona personality, and Koharu's entire body being a million yen's worth of plastic surgery, it's no wonder Kiui hangss around abnormal people, which I think is fine for her. Some practical tips from Koharu too help Kano make the cut in her practical, though she really needs to improve on her written portion. That said, the friendship between Kiui and Koharu is something special, and likewise for Kano finally earning her license, which she goes to pick up Mahiru after she finishes her school and career choices, focusing on art as an illustrator. And thinking back of their achievements, both Kano and Mahiru are really made for one another, regardless of their choices.

Kano's lil' confession is making the Yuri count between them both, in good ways.
Jun 20, 2:18 PM
Jun 2024
Cutie, and great animation man
Jun 24, 7:59 PM

Oct 2016
Another good self discovery like the whole series up until now but the yuri bait is strong so I suppose some people would be pissed if there's no pay off (I already know the outcome).

And the inclusion of that woman was...a bit weird, considering the type of show.

Jun 30, 1:13 PM
Feb 2020
After watching episode 1 i wasn't sure if this would be good or bad. After watching episode 2 i was convinced it was good. Every episode since then has been a disappointment. I cannot continue watching this. I feel disgust watching it.
Jul 4, 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
Kiwi played Saya no uta and found it's a classic story, absolute degenerate just like me lmao
Jul 10, 3:51 AM
Mar 2024
uncharacteristic fanservice for this anime. also, they don't usually introduce one-off characters like that. so either a lot of the source material was cut, or it's just a filler character
Aug 2, 10:26 PM

Jul 2023
Two part to this:

Kona and Kiui bonded together as they get their motorcycle license.

Kiui in particular met a mysterious woman and might have a bigger roal in the next episodes.

Part 2:

Yoru and Kano also bond in the beach. This took place after part 1 where Yoru and Mei bonded in a painting session.

It's mostly about coming of age, but there's a yuri subtext.
Aug 12, 5:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Good lord, my jaw dropped when Koharu dropped her tiddies for Kano and Kiui lol, that’s something I never expected to see in this show but that’s part of why it was such a good scene, very expensive set of tits for sure lol. And honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the fact Koharu did so many things to her body for the sake of beauty, but then again she’s living her best life, can’t fault her for that, hope to see her game with Kiui like they promised. Besides Koharu, this episode solidified that this show is quite different from Girls Band Cry, the biggest thing being that each girl minus Koharu is aiming for something else in life besides the band, while in GBC the band is the thing all the girls are putting their all into.

And I definitely relate most with Kano in this episode, you’d think Kiui would be in that same boat since she was a shut-in very recently, but even she had a plan laid out. Nothing wrong with getting a driving license tho, that will come in handy no matter what path you take in life, and it gave us that great scene of Kano riding with Mahiru so it was already a great decision lol. And although Kano might not have any concrete reasons for her plans, she’s at least got one now with Mahiru wanting her to sing, very nice scene to end the episode on.
Aug 15, 11:40 PM

Dec 2023
"It's not flesh-colored snaggle tooth streamer that you have to worry about paino hapa, but rather me!" Nooo, snaggle tooth streamer must be protected from plastic banshees out on the prowl. C'mon Kano, you seriously can't be that excited over hag bolt-ons. At first it looked like it was going to be a snaggle tooth streamer-focus episode but they split it evenly; looks like they won't fight Kano's former idol group until the end.

Aug 22, 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was nice to see the group split for the others to get their bike licence, the ecchi moments though wow didn't expect it to go that far ahaha, anyway it was a good episode for the characters development regarding what they aim to do in their future, and the main duo riding a bike together to go to the beach was cute!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.