Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2:51 AM

Oct 2018
I have no knowledge about the game at all, outside of seeing the characters pop up in some fan arts on twitter. Will this anime be enjoyable for me without having any sort of attachment to the characters? I saw some clips of this anime on social media and the animation, direction and music didn't seem amazing, just good enough.

I have tried other gacha game anime adaptations in the past and a large majority of them felt like it was made for the fans alone. It felt like I was expected to like the characters beforehand because they were not interesting at all in the show. How is this anime in that regards? Can someone watching this anime who has never played the game tell their thoughts?
AdizcoolApr 22, 12:56 AM
Apr 18, 3:06 AM
Oct 2020
Adizcool said:
I have no knowledge about the game at all, outside of seeing the characters pop up in some fan arts on twitter. Will this anime be enjoyable for me without having any sort of attachment to the characters? I saw some clips of this anime on social media and the animation, direction and music didn't seem amazing, just good enough.

I have tried other gacha game anime adaptations in the past and a large majority of them felt like it was made for the fans alone. It felt like I was expected to like the characters beforehand because they were not interesting at all in the show. How is this anime in that regards? Can someone watching this anime who has never played the game tell their thoughts?

No problem. This animation is for those who play the game and those who doesn't. But if you wanna know more of the story then you're recommended to play the game. it's fun.
Apr 18, 3:39 AM

Jul 2022
Adizcool said:

This has a bunch of anime only scenes, so it's not just some fanservice for people who play the game
Apr 18, 5:10 AM

Feb 2023
My biggest gripe is they didn't adapt the prologue, which provides important knowledge about the world. Outside of that, it's a pretty faithful adaptation, and should be enjoyable even by people who haven't played the game.
Apr 18, 6:08 AM
Feb 2023
Adizcool said:

it for who play and doesn't play because some of the player just play the mission and ingore the story .
Apr 18, 7:53 AM

Jan 2019
Yeah you can go ahead. But I'd suggest watching the prologue on youtube. Gives you some worldbuilding ideas especially about GSC and Schale which they skipped in the anime. Without it, I think newcomers would be lacking context.
Apr 18, 8:26 AM
Jul 2021
it's universal. it's not a problem if you're not played the game. overall the anime is similar to the story from the game. so it doesn't matter
Apr 18, 6:01 PM
Jun 2021
Adizcool said:

honestly... not really. the anime doesn't explain things very well and leaves a lot of info out from the game its definitely made for the fans to enjoy

my source: my confused af friends

leaving out the explanation of the shittem chest, the skipping of the prologue, and the shift in focus from sensei to shiroko definitely didn't help

Some characters in the intro will not show up other than like one or two frames as shown in episode 2 they're only referenced
Apr 19, 4:28 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to No1_LoliLover
Adizcool said:

honestly... not really. the anime doesn't explain things very well and leaves a lot of info out from the game its definitely made for the fans to enjoy

my source: my confused af friends

leaving out the explanation of the shittem chest, the skipping of the prologue, and the shift in focus from sensei to shiroko definitely didn't help

Some characters in the intro will not show up other than like one or two frames as shown in episode 2 they're only referenced
@No1_LoliLover yeah, I would say the same.
The anime seems to be more for the fans but even theyre disappointed.

The anime is not doing well here in Korea and china because of how they have removed scenes or bad animation
Apr 19, 1:58 PM
Jun 2021
KokonaCunny420 said:

The anime is not doing well here in Korea and china because of how they have removed scenes or bad animation

japan too, theyre not happy either
Apr 19, 3:35 PM
Nov 2013
Short answer: no

A bit longer answer: If you are willing to turn off your brain completely, yes.
Apr 20, 4:14 AM

Jan 2024
Just watch it, it is a fun watch for which you can turn off your brain.The plotholes gonna confuse you though. Also CGI trucks be damn ugly.
Apr 20, 9:02 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to Animeistaken
Just watch it, it is a fun watch for which you can turn off your brain.The plotholes gonna confuse you though. Also CGI trucks be damn ugly.
@Animeistaken What plot holes?
Apr 20, 11:15 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to LotteWeiss
@Animeistaken What plot holes?
@LotteWeiss Shittim chest not being explained as of now ,origin of sensei and The General Student council. We'll have to wait and see if they explain it later or not.
Apr 20, 11:16 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to Animeistaken
@LotteWeiss Shittim chest not being explained as of now ,origin of sensei and The General Student council. We'll have to wait and see if they explain it later or not.
@Animeistaken Talking about the prologue btw...
Apr 21, 5:14 AM
Dec 2020
I'd say you'll be very confused with the worldbuilding but enjoyable anyway
Apr 21, 8:20 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Animeistaken
@Animeistaken That's not what plot hole means.
Apr 22, 6:15 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to LotteWeiss
@Animeistaken That's not what plot hole means.
@LotteWeiss Eh... my wording was inconsistent. All in all, faithful adaptation but messy at times.

Have a good day.
Apr 22, 7:17 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to No1_LoliLover
KokonaCunny420 said:

japan too, theyre not happy either
@No1_LoliLover where we check this review?
Apr 22, 8:53 AM

Feb 2022
In my opinion, no. I've been playing this game for more than a year now. I think this anime is less enjoyable from an outsider perspective.
Apr 25, 6:36 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to Doctor_Freeman
Adizcool said:

No problem. This animation is for those who play the game and those who doesn't. But if you wanna know more of the story then you're recommended to play the game. it's fun.
@Doctor_Freeman not to diss the game, but im wondering why a japanese company would animate a korean game? did nexon pay this?
theres no fking way they will do this voluntarily.
Apr 25, 7:19 AM
Oct 2020
nonsenseone1 said:
@Doctor_Freeman not to diss the game, but im wondering why a japanese company would animate a korean game? did nexon pay this?

all I could think of is that they just want to promote the game.
Apr 25, 8:55 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to nonsenseone1
@nonsenseone1 Why would they not? To start with, the Japanese version of Blue Archive is the original version. The Korean version didn't come out until 6 months later.
Apr 26, 3:37 PM

Nov 2020
no, this anime is definitely not for people who haven't played the game, if you are looking for a standalone work that will introduce you to this world, you will be disappointed.
Apr 28, 5:57 PM

Sep 2018
Definitely not. It's the same with a lot of game adapted anime, it throws you into the deep end with little context on how things work, what's going on, structurally odd, etc

I would think that they would want to at least try and bring a lot more new fans to try out the game as a result of the anime, but it always seems to be more made for the fans instead. Or are they intentionally making the anime as garbled as possible, so if you want better understanding or knowledge, if you get that slight itch to know more, you try out the game? Dunno, it'll never work on me that's for sure.
GakutoDeathGlareApr 28, 6:02 PM
Apr 28, 6:17 PM
Dec 2016
I don't recommend you to watch if you haven't played the game. You'll be so confused because you're missing so many contexts of how the things happened.
Apr 29, 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
Let's just say that with Blue Archive, unlike many other gacha games, even some story events are actually relevant to the plot and the main plot actually references later some of those events. I assume they will most likely only adapt the main story and if anything later on, some of the story events with OVAs.

So yeah, if you don't play the game you'll be missing a lot of context. Anime after all is just fanservice for the fans and to promote more a work that is already popular.
Apr 29, 4:49 PM

Aug 2015
No. It's very obvious that this is for fans of the game.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 30, 4:08 PM

Oct 2007
certainly not. I probably would have appreciated more things about this if I played the game.
May 2, 8:00 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Pokipoky
it's universal. it's not a problem if you're not played the game. overall the anime is similar to the story from the game. so it doesn't matter
@Pokipoky if you say so then i would love to watch this till end.. I unable to install the game since last year, in the end, waiting for the anime.

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YuudachiFR - Apr 7

252 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 23

67 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xanek - Jun 16

55 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 9

25 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Blue Archive the Animation Episode 9 Discussion

Xanek - Jun 2

23 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.