Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 25, 2023 4:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad Eve got the three years suspension and her victory removed :( But I love seeing Aoi as the caddie and the time skip in the end (nice change of haircut for Aoi at the beginning and next is Eve that has the short hair lol). I expect even more drama or a sad ending so I'm all good, really good season overall, loved the sports and how the characters were handled, I need more Girls doing Golf anime!!! 8/10
Jun 25, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2013
ok fine
on one side, i hate how they had to make excuses (Aoi's illness and Eve's mafia stuff..............seriously?) to make them both lose after being ahead of the actual champion... but whatever

on the other side, i said last episode that i would keep my 9 score as long as both Aoi and Eve ended the anime on an happy note, playing golf or not ... and they both did, so i'll keep my 9 score

now, the highlight of this episode was obviously Aoi joining Eve as her caddie, i'm sure no one would ever think of that

Aoi also cut her hair, which made her look different for a few minutes, pretty cute i guess
that being said, by the end of the episode, Aoi hair looked the same as before, while everyone else changed... interesting LOL

was also interesting to see that Eve went on a training arc for the 3 years she was absent, while Ichina made sure to keep herself free for the inevitable reunion
Aoi is not really recovered, but she can now at least play the game for 4 days without the danger of failing, which is a big step-up, thanks God :D

now i'll hope to see more of it, they totally came at us with a new arc at the ending, will they continue it?
9/10, give us more please :D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 25, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2021
damn id really wanna see their duel tho not enough eps!
still this show brought me so much energy, laughs, and excitement, seriously, such a positive experience overall

somewhere in the alternate universe there is a yuri version of this show with a larger mafia plot, more illegal golf, gambling, sex, and explosions
Jun 25, 2023 1:56 PM
Feb 2017
nice end to the series
Jun 25, 2023 7:15 PM
Oct 2022
The final was total crap.  Eve and Aoi endied up losers.  There is NO sports organization in the world that strips a title at the end of play. Eve won and there would have been a celebration and been awarded the trophy within an hour of the finish.  Sure there would have been an inquiry but a week later with interviews.  Should have shown the two celebrating the win.

Also the people who run golf tours and the people who run The Open are two different organizations. One cannot both strip her of the win and give her a 3 year ban. They can one or the other but not both.

And how does Julha not know everything about both girls. With all they accomplished behore the start there would have been publicity 24/7 by the PR departments of both golf companies. Aoi and Julha used the same clubs so they are both sponsored by the same company probably meaning lots of pre-tournament press conference with BOTH and possibly ALL three girls present and answering question by the press.

Just terrible lazy writing. They rushed to finish and it showed.

And that hair cut!  All through the series Eve looked majestic but in the picture they put out with her in short hair looks like crap.
Jun 25, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
This show is like the best type of 7/10 show you could ask for. I will say though this last arc was super rushed and I would preferred they cut out that extra mafia arc to flesh out this arc some more.

Overall though, I really liked it. This anime was a very nice surprise!
Jun 25, 2023 11:15 PM
Jul 2008
Looks like really rushed in the end? Season was better in term of pacing and stake.

Season 1 was really unique with the mafia golfing thing, in season 2 Eve and Aoi curb stomping everyone that even made the Japan's strongest a joke.

The anime for overall is ok but quite disappointed in season 2.
Jun 26, 2023 3:01 AM

Feb 2007
LouieGrandie said:
There is NO sports organization in the world that strips a title at the end of play.

You must not know much about sports. People have lost titles even years later, although mostly due to doping and not such a silly case.
Jun 26, 2023 3:29 AM
Oct 2022
luinthoron said:
LouieGrandie said:
There is NO sports organization in the world that strips a title at the end of play.

You must not know much about sports. People have lost titles even years later, although mostly due to doping and not such a silly case.
 Yes, years later but NOT as soon as the round was over.  They implied that Eve was stripped of the title that same day before the trophy was presented. NOt going to happened unless there was an infraction during play. They should have shown Eve, Aoi and everyone else celebrating and Eve bing presented the trophy.  They could have then voiced over that later after an inquiry she was stripped and suspeneded. 
LouieGrandieJun 26, 2023 4:18 AM
Jun 26, 2023 4:25 AM

Oct 2008
HAHA! i also totally didn't expect that! That Aoi would end-up as Eve's caddie! haha! nice one!
5/5.
The two are still gay with each other and still rivals in golf!!

Jun 26, 2023 7:26 AM
May 2022
why they just make 4 year timeskip within 10 sec and end it abruptly 😭 Nice ride tho, never thought that i will be hooked into sport anime but this show has everything. 8.9/10
Jun 26, 2023 7:10 PM
Oct 2018
Fucking yuri bait and rushed ending.
Jun 27, 2023 10:20 AM

May 2021
That was so rushed and pretty disappointing. Understandable since they were asked to end it here but at least we could have gotten our Eve VS Aoi completely and not off-screened. Still decent overall though, especially that one episode showing the romantic mess of their parents.

Jun 27, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
Very nice twist. I don't predict that but it is a decent end for me. The ship Eve x Aoi is landed for this final.
A lot of events during this last episode, seems a little bit rush with time skip and a correct ending

8/10 with good cliffhanger, twists, flashback, love dat supa power fusion
Jun 28, 2023 1:16 AM

Oct 2016
I fucking love this show, but even I can admit that the ending is kind of lackluster and the pacing kind of got fucked towards the end, I am not too upset about that though, my main problem is, I AM NOT NEARLY SATISFIED.

This is definitely one of the best shows of its kind, if there's even one like it. Despite the ending not being what I hoped, this is still one of the best and most unique show I've ever had the pleasure of watching. 

With the way it ended though, I think they could easily make a continuation if they wanted to, so that's a plus side. An original show like this getting 25 episodes in this day and age is already a miracle though, so I am definitely not that upset.

Still, I am going to miss this show a lot, gonna miss my rainbow bullets and shining rainbow bursts. I would have easily gave Birdie Wing a 10 if it gave a satisfactory ending, but for now, it's a 9/10.

Until the next birdie birdie.
Jun 28, 2023 5:02 AM
Jan 2015
The only real bad thing about ending is that it was an ending tbh.
Otherwise I have no objections more or less.
Jun 28, 2023 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
Such a "now buy the game and play as Aoi or Eve against the other and win for realsies" ending.
Such a shame. I don't know why, but a lot of shows this season seem to be failing to stick the landing!
Jul 1, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
Damn this ending was rushed. This season was significantly more enjoyable than the first one, but there was a lot they could have shown, but didn't to fit in the 12 episode season.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 2, 2023 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
Was cool to see Aoi becoming Eve's caddy but the whole medical thing and Eve disqualified because of her ties to the maffia past felt kinda cheap. Overall bit of a dropoff from s1 with it being a shame we never saw Aoi vs Eve final game fully.

Jul 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Jun 2021
Solid series. Appreciate more sports animes being made
Jul 6, 2023 7:00 AM

Jul 2008
Show started off a little rough, but towards the middle of Season 1, it became a solid show. Then season 2 kicked it up a notch and I definitely thought it was a much better show (although the golf is absolutely ridiculous, but it's anime). I wasn't a fan with the Aoi's illness, but I think they pulled the ending off with the 3-4 year time skip. Overall, loved it. Solid 8/10
Jul 6, 2023 5:41 PM

Feb 2014
Hello, someone could please spoil me whether this had YURI or if this was just a YURI BAIT? Appreciated! 
Jul 9, 2023 3:18 PM
Sep 2016
Don't think I've ever watched anything that made me root for the characters as much as this. Absolutely fantastic show, don't even like golf, not even the best sports anime (Haikyuu), but I was so invested in the characters it hurts

Great show, loved it!
Perfect64Jul 9, 2023 4:20 PM
Jul 9, 2023 8:09 PM

Feb 2023
OMFG!!! I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭
Jul 14, 2023 9:14 PM
Jul 2021
Vi- said:
Hello, someone could please spoil me whether this had YURI or if this was just a YURI BAIT? Appreciated! 

I think it’s safe to say it’s Yuri bait. It couldn’t be more obvious that they’re in love but the ending just doesn’t deliver the pay off :(
Jul 15, 2023 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
BrettStratton4 said:
Vi- said:

I think it’s safe to say it’s Yuri bait. It couldn’t be more obvious that they’re in love but the ending just doesn’t deliver the pay off :(
Thanks answering!

I confess I haven´t been enjoying the anime so much, so at that point the only driving force that was making me watch the anime was the possibility of yuri, but in the end.. as expected... it was yuri bait >.< I have dropped after episode 4, but now feel better knowing it was just yuri bait xD

Thank you.

Jul 20, 2023 1:21 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Aww. That ending felt kinda rushed. :C Overall though, I enjoyed both seasons of this anime. The plot was always coming up with some bullcrap to up the stakes and add to the drama, but after the second time it happens I think you kinda just get used to it and accept it as the flavor of the anime. I mean, we're talking about pretty much "magic" golf here, after all, so you just kinda take it. I mentioned this last episode, but I did appreciate Juha as a rival since she wasn't the usual rival who just loses their composure after seeing Eve/Aoi do something out of the norm. She kept up. Her caddie was blah blah blah, but she was pretty honorable. I feel like so many of the other rivals always had tricks up their sleeves, which brings me to that point. Like dang so many of the rivals were so similar. It was often something similar too. Cocky golfer goes up against Eve, gets annihilated/realizes she's way out of their league/realizes they can't win, yadda. I do actually wish we had more of the characters coming back after getting stronger instead of constantly introducing a new threat because in the end we get the same, "Wait, Eve... you don't know about this world class golfer??" Every time, but at some point if these golfers are that world class then she should probably have at least heard their names once they get past school level golf.;; It's not like she has nothing to do with golf-- even in the underground, you'd think someone would mention certain people.

Anyway, besides some things, I did enjoy Birdie Wing!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 25, 2023 2:03 PM
Oct 2009
phantomfandom said:
Could this be the best female-lead sports anime ever?
no, that would be keijo!!!
Jul 25, 2023 5:02 PM
May 2013
no death? boo. no remelda on the run after her snitching was found out by juha? BOO, the literal best golfer should go out on a high note - gets relegated to pity winner instead. so many wasted opportunities. 6/10
Aug 29, 2023 9:43 PM

Nov 2017
It's really disappointing that they took the camp out for the second season, so it was just bait to watch a girls' golf show anyways. Oh well, I kind of knew they'd do that, they just wanted to keep things normal. 

The tension between Aoi and Eve was on fire though, holy crap. It's too bad they had to end it so quickly. It's too bad. 

It's cool they have the little after section that shows them competing in three years...but we never get to see it, they kept putting it off. OVA?

This show needs an OVA to meet its final conclusion, but we probably won't get that. I guess this is all they had. I liked it, it wasn't all it could be, but everything it promised. The finale leaves things up in the air, they never really got to figure things out between them or finish a contest. I kind of think of this series as massively incomplete now, the end was a little bit trashy and S2 kind of lost its way. 

Ah well, nothing can be done, we all knew it was a trashy little girls' golf mid-year seasonal, it was never going to lead to anything else. But I do think they could've elevated their level another notch...they didn't of course, like the moon girl, and lost the tourney. 
Dec 29, 2023 3:50 PM

Mar 2012
What a ridiculously absurd ending to a trainwreck of a show. Aoi collapses twice and the next day she's back as a caddy carrying heavy clubs like nothing happened? Shouldn't she be resting? And if she's good enough to advise Eve as her caddy then why does she even need Amane other than to just carry her clubs? But the real topping on this cake is that they miraculously found a cure for Aoi's illness--that made me burst out laughing. I know they condensed a whole season into 2 episodes because the show got the axe, but they completely ruined anything positive it had.

I'm actually disappointed because the overall show concept is good, but the execution was bad. IMO having dual-protagonists was a mistake. They never presented an actual love story in any way, only a competitive rivalry. They should have either fully committed to realism or went all in on the ridiculous. Trying to do both didn't work.
Jan 6, 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
Could be more interesting if they show us the full course battle 😭

Feb 11, 1:45 AM

Apr 2014
not gonna lie these last 4 eps killed the series for me

rushed and all the sudden bs of course but it was obvious to happen with how things was going....

season 1 was amazing and even most of season 2 was great....

but these last 4 eps killed the series as a whole...

such a waste to have had things end how it did

but at least we did have Aoi and Eve work together in the end and even got a time skip that shows Aoi did get better and Aoi and Eve to get to play together but of course we'll never get to see it ....... but hey least they made it out better than their dads to say the least

all in all it was a good series but i just cant help but hate how in the last 4 eps the series as a whole just got killed off like it did

but again at least we got a little bit of good but again sadly things we'll never get see fully

in the end i did enjoy things till thing became not enjoyable anymore....

and also let me say how BS was it that the other caddie pulled some dumb shit like that?????? it just was out of no where but then again things being rushed makes things that much more stupid

anyway with that the series is over but i was hoping this would have been at least a 3 season series but because of how things ended up that was also killed off in the end

all in all was a good watch just hated how things ended
"one step at a time"
Jul 3, 10:39 AM
Jul 2008
Wish the series had gotten more technical about golf instead of shouting out superpowers. As animes put it, it can't be helped, I guess.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 14, 2023

65 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 5, 2023

38 by Gvendoline »»
Jul 23, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 19, 2023

29 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Jun 28, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Tokoya - Jun 16, 2023

31 by Temuthril »»
Jun 25, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 9, 2023

36 by Temuthril »»
Jun 19, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.