Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Apr 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Feb 2018
LeMasta said:
I believe I prefer Ichigo

edit: this show is weird, I don't know why, it just feels like it

Don't you fucking start
~Am I invisible on the internet too?~
WHY CAN'T I STOP LISTENING KOKKOKU OP?
oh....thats right. That's the cause

See you Space Cowdog.
Apr 20, 2018 2:36 PM

Dec 2014
Is it me or the characters are lame?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2014
perhaps they'll reverse the girls' position in the next line of mecha-icha animes :P
May 7, 2018 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
Ok.... I get the hype...this is pretty awesome...
May 22, 2018 5:47 PM
Apr 2018
This episode just made me want to go and watch more. I need to keep this short so I can get to it. So far Zero Two is a mysterious character. What even is she? She's weirdly into licking people to taste them, makes out with others after not even a day of knowing them? Like I don't understand. The mechas are cool, expect one thing, the way they are controlled. Why does the girl or "Pistil" have to be up butt up toward the guy. I am hoping the creator thought it was just funny to have the two in that position. Wait, I just realized something, "Pistil", that rings a bell. If I have learned anything from my least favorite unit (biology), a pistil is the female reproductive part of a flower. And a stamen (the guys in the mechas) is a male reproductive part of a flower. So basically is anime is screaming sexual tension. Also what's up with the kids not knowing what a pecker on the lips is? All and all, I give 4.5/5 kisses for what I saw so far, I have watched some more questionable anime so I think I will continue.
Aug 8, 2018 9:38 PM

May 2012
Quite the lovely progression and well that ending really spoke for itself if you asked me, but it was really great either way!

He did get another kiss out of it in the end :p the OP and ED are also very lovely and I sure am looking forwards to see what the rest of this series will have to offer!
Sep 28, 2018 1:38 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
The OP was quite nice with a rather excellent visual effects, but whoah that drop was really good though. And the ED was actually really good. So far, the show flow nicely, the humor is nice and Zero 2 gets even better personality-wise.

Wow... The mech's control is like 'that'? Whoever thought up of this doggy style kind of control position for the Parasites in the Franxx must really have a big fetish for these sorts of stuff. The other aspects of the control such as the mind-link thing and the pilots' sync level reminded me of Pacific Rim and NGE.

That short guy is fucking annoying, acting like he's the best and treating Hiro like shit. At least Hiro is not too much of a pussy to accept his words.

Oh, that kiss was AWKWAAARD!
ShadowkillZSep 28, 2018 1:44 PM
Nov 27, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2016
So that's how they pilot the franxx. Somehow that position... I don't know how to say it. It looks a bit... uneasy.

Poor Ichigo, she just wanted to help Hiro. Failing after going as far as kissing him must be the worst feeling she ever had. I wonder if the same thing happened between him and Naomi.

Damn, so many questions in my mind.
Dec 16, 2018 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
Better than the first due to character building and relations between them.
Nice fanservice too. The characters seemed to have more Trigger in them this episode, although that means we also have the over-energetic childishly annoying guy.
I hope it won't be followed with the predictable result of him screwing up in battle and getting saved by the MC and demon girl.

I hope battles don't become too ridiculous ala Gurren Lagan style though. It's just too cartoony for the characters with the exception of the overloud energized dude and his twin tails girl.
Hope they keep it more Evangelion tense battles instead of over crazy simplistic action when it comes to battles.

Other than that i wonder how the Mc's best friend there feels. His girl partner has the hots for his friend and he is like the second wheel there with her immediately jumping to pilot with the MC not caring about having a partner. He keeps it calm and shows not to be toughed but it will be good to see some character reaction from him over her attitude towards him.

MC still unimpressive. During the fight with annoying dude it seemed like he was forcing himself to appear he got angry so the audience wouldn't thing he has no emotions or something. I guess that is what you have when you put an insertion generic molt.

Evank1999 said:
I mean wow... they didn't even try to be subtle. This show is just one giant sex metaphor and I love it.

I like that too. They are showing the middle finger to all the prudes and idealist.

MonadDec 16, 2018 5:44 AM
Jan 15, 2019 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
Good god, the innuendos are through the roof! Lol.
Dec 20, 2019 11:07 PM
Dec 2019
Watching this really late, but I hope the MC doesn't stay this wimpy. Like what's been happening so far so hopefully it gets better later on
Dec 28, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2019
bro that opening is HOT. Like the color palate of only red and gray is a personal favorite and the futuristic UI and patterns are amazing. The chosen song aignt half bad either

ouch that jealousy is something else, and adding insult to injury she did't even complement him xd

i legit feel like a cave man coming out under his rock and feeling the wave of modernization, but in this case its a shut-in weeb who's going further then his regular shonun-supernatural-fantasy genres and experiencing a science fiction-far future-mecha anime for once
Apr 14, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
God that dude is annoying, he beats an opponent that doesn't move and think he's the greatest? Zero Two is really making this show for me so far.
May 5, 2020 4:10 AM

Feb 2018
Zero two is so cute, xD...
May 10, 2020 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
Really ... out of all the ways to pilot a FranXX it had to be like that huh ... they're not even trying to be subtle ...
Even adding the noises when they're being grabbed by the "controllers".
Seems like they need a sync rate aswell.
Hiro think it's a kiss because of 002, speaking of, how have they not heard of a kiss before?
Feel bad for Ichigo though, getting baited to kiss only for Hiro to say it didn't do anything for him, could've at least been a bit more subtle you ass!

A lot more questions after this episode, probably wont be answered for a while.
May 24, 2020 7:38 AM
Sep 2018
Please do episode 25 to 29 because i love this anime Darling in the franxx please do it
May 24, 2020 7:40 AM
Sep 2018
Please do episode 25 to 29 because i love this anime and please make a story
May 24, 2020 7:41 AM
Sep 2018
Please do episode 25 to 29 cause i love this anime please make this episode
May 24, 2020 7:42 AM
Sep 2018
Please do episode 25 to 29 cause i love this anime please make this episode
May 24, 2020 7:45 AM
Sep 2018
Please make this episode cause i love this anime darling in the franxx please make more episodes
May 31, 2020 5:03 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So far, the hammer is nailing just fine, this was a fun episode, taking the competitive romance story to the extreme. With Gundams this time. Classic Anime.
Jun 29, 2020 12:51 PM

Feb 2020
I'm not fond of the opening... The singer lacks energy, which makes the song sound weird.
I just noticed Zorome is voiced by Mutsumi Tamura. It's hilarious to see how she uses a higher voice for him than for female characters like Kanamori. It really shows this guy is like a kid trying to act tough. I hope he'll calm down though, or else he's gonna quickly become annoying.
Ichigo is pretty interesting, she is clearly in love with Hiro but at the same time doesn't seem to realize that due to not knowing anything about love.
None of them seem to know anything about it actually, aside from Zero Two who seems to be much less innocent than them. I wonder why exactly.
I knew about the sexual metaphors, but that was very straightforward. The position the characters are in when piloting is very awkward... And the pigtails girl moaning when the connection has been established definitely didn't help. However I'm confused, since none of them know anything about love and sex, why was Zorome so bothered about his partner making weird noises ?
As a whole, this anime seems pretty good for now, the themes and characters are quite interesting (especially Zero Two and Ichigo), the futuristic setting is nice, I like the mechas' design... But I wish it wasn't so full of lewd full-service. I for exemple didn't care about what pigtails girl's butt looks like.
Jul 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
I'm on board so far but I can see this has the potential to go off the rails real quick. So piloting the mechs is like sex then. The show certainly liked throwing those references out there over and over and I suppose Zero Two is set up as a THOT? Though I guess atm she is only looking at Hiro so perhaps just a wee bit obsessive. Eccentric as well, hopefully she gets more character development than just "horny and quirky". Ichigo I guess is going to be the jealous third wheel for now until she can compete more evenly.
Jul 5, 2020 9:45 PM
Jul 2020
-Stray said:
And now we got the typical "bratty character whose full of himself" only to get disgraced when MC gets his shit together... oh boy... the cliches are so.... bad...
not that Im saying being cliche is over all bad but it depends on how its handled, and this show aint handling it very well.
I really dont care but this show was one of the best.Its also being liked by meny peoples
and meny are also asking for new episodes, I know the last episode make it impossible to return but since i am a fan to so i too request from deepest of my heart for next episode.
Jul 5, 2020 9:48 PM
Jul 2020
Jessiegg said:
I really dislike 02, I can't believe I have to see her in every episode.
She's so full of herself.
its your choice though but posting like she is bad is such a pain say that you have a problem and the main character is supposed to be seen in all episods.
Jul 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Jun 2020
this was crazy entertaining. the animation is great & i LOVE the ED ♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 17, 2020 10:37 AM
Aug 2020
The mecha controls basically being doggy style with the control sticks attached to the girls ass was pretty unnecessary. I mean whatever, if the show is interesting enough it won't conflict with my enjoyment.
Zero Two is the most interesting character so far, but with 24 episodes a lot can happen!
Sep 25, 2020 2:25 AM

Aug 2020
So it is all the game of love I see. TBH I do like ichigo. She is a fine girl. I kinda feel bad for her as Hiro doesn't feel her. So I think the battle between Zero two and Ichi begins lol. Actually i am getting a liking to her but what can we do, ZeroTwo is also there man shit so much confusion !!!!
Oct 6, 2020 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
I am enjoying this quite a bit....

Feb 3, 2021 5:21 PM

May 2015
so.... what do the girls do aside for being a damn steering wheel??????
i really hope this anime is not a waste of time...
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 5, 2021 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Season 2?Ummmmm season 2!
May 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Feb 2021
Hmm this show hits you with fan-service regularly lol. I don't mind it XD but the way they function together, how can a guy not be in sync with the girls?? ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 13, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2021
Well Hiro still isn't able to do his part in piloting the franxx...he still has a long way ig
Jun 16, 2021 12:56 AM

Jun 2020
That OP is catchy and appealing to hear, There's something that tells me Ichigo's feelings are quite bizarre around Hiro, 02's way of eating is amusing to see that she looks very hungry and eating a lot

Those FRANXX look awesome and those faces as well, A battle I would love to see that

What's Hiro's problem seems that he can't control it as he could, He just looks so helpless I wish his development to be more impactful as the show progress.
Nov 27, 2021 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
Tragic, absolutely tragic. Hiro is not for Ichigo.

On a closer look, the Franxx robots look very cute. And that is an interesting way to pilot a robot.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 5, 2023 6:51 PM
Apr 2017
"Don't apologize...you were awful."

Um...sorry?
May 3, 2023 11:19 AM

Dec 2022
That brown haired kid is annoying in every single scene he's in, impressive. The implication here is likely that Hiro is an incompatible partner for Ichigo and that Zero-Two is the only one he can mesh with. I'm guessing there'll also be a bunch of romantic pairings for each mecha.

Not as interesting as the first episode. You want to see more worldbuilding this early on, not teenagers getting all hormonal with each other. The fanservice is top-notch though, so many great butt shots.

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Jun 5, 2023 8:30 PM
Jul 2022
I can already tell who I dislike, I mean the dude (and I won't say names so I don't spoil it) is a straight-up bully. From the beginning of the ep I hoped the dude got his butt kicked. The pilot scene was super uncomfortable, but what do you expect with an anime that has a ton of fan service?
Jun 27, 2023 10:16 PM
Jun 2023
yaikssssssssssssssz
Aug 23, 2023 8:16 AM

Dec 2022
So becoming one means trust and mind connection not romantically or physically. And it was clear from before that girl with blue franxx loves Hiro. They don't even know what a kiss is, that 02 took advantage of innocent kid

Sep 8, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2023
Es una vil copia de evangelion con pegotes de telenovela
Sep 26, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2010
I like the OP. It sounds & looks sexy!
I want to ride Zero Two, and I don't care if I end up dying! As long as riding her felt good! Haha
I like the sexual innuendos. Hehe
Oct 18, 2023 3:31 AM
Oct 2023
qero muido amo esse anime
Nov 30, 2023 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
well this was a fun ok to watch anime
Dec 13, 2023 11:05 PM
Aug 2018
The imagery can be kind of hilarious sometimes, but it certainly feels like a real anime, and I am certainly invested to see where this goes! Will Hiro choose Ichigo or Zero Two?
Feb 5, 11:20 PM

Dec 2022
it's great because it's plainly and obviously making it known that the whole thing is about love & sex and it's cracking hilariously awkward jokes about it as plot points
Apr 17, 9:34 PM
Nov 2020
mfkers tried to get laid without any preliminaries
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Apr 28, 4:19 PM
Oct 2019
I understand why this show is so controversial. Overall score seems a little too low, though.
So far I feel the vibes of NGE and Kill La Kill, and zero two feels like the copycat of Power from Chainsaw man (although I guess it’s the other way around).
May 27, 1:04 AM
May 2023
Hoping for Season2
Jun 1, 4:44 AM
Dec 2022
So to pilot the Franxx needs more thanjust mere connections. Looks like Hiro and Zero Two have that connection. Feels bad for Ichigo though since she has feelings for Hiro.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.