Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's ok Arthur, he can still be useful in their world full of possibilities.

Not going to lie, this episode made me laugh somewhat with its unorthodox humor. Ivy and Arthur's new friendship was not something I had expected to see. Speaking of which, it feels like Ivy is maturing each episode with his personality.
Aug 24, 2023 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
Lastame Thursday! Another really good episode.

Weekly Pride appreciation post Gilbert you lucky mf

Arthur’s ability is actually really OP. There’s a massive difference between being able to heal plants and being able to heal anything lol. Very convenient for the plot, but hey, I’ll take it. I also like how this is the first decision Pride has made without thinking about how it’ll affect the future, just do what’s right in the moment

Gilbert and Marie deserved to live happily ever after with all the stuff they’d been through so I’ll take a little bit of plot contrivance for that.

Gilbert’s punishment is actually not as light as it sounds imo. Having to serve the kingdom as long as he lives means that even when Marie dies he’ll have to stick around. That’s probably when he’d be ready to end his life. Lowkey kind of fucked up, but I guess it is way better than executing him or imprisoning him like Pride could have.

Plus he got to kiss Pride’s leg and feet so he won in the end fr.

That aged up Stale was cool. I actually thought he had jumped into the future since he can teleport wherever. Gilbert being able to age people up is kinda wild.

And a good old fashioned pillow fight to let out stale and Arthur’s frustrations. That’s one way to feel better lol.

Great ep
Marinate1016Aug 24, 2023 9:20 AM
Aug 24, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
The first half is very very fast but fortunately the second half cool down a little bit.

Next episode, it seems like the fealty contract cause a problem just as I expected.
Aug 24, 2023 9:23 AM

Mar 2013
This arc about Gilbert has finally finished. It was a long, and bittersweet experience after watching his painful background story with his partner from the previous episode.

Then after that... SUS scenes... lol
Fortunately or unfortunately, they somehow censored Gilbert's actions, and we only get to see it from Pride's perspective. Pretty much lewd, and embarrassing, especially for Pride. lmao

Then lastly, we get to have the two guys arguing, and being honest to themselves... and so they again strengthen their resolve to protect Pride. Good to see the happy ending until the preview of the next episode. Princess Pride got kabedon'd. I can't wait for the next episode!

P.S. They finally fixed Tiara's voice, it's more natural now. Nice!
CrazyButNot4UAug 24, 2023 9:29 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 24, 2023 9:27 AM

Apr 2022
Toxic masculinity anyone?
I'm kidding, obviously.
Anyway, Gilbert was really fucking creepy with that loli foot kissing scene.
Aug 24, 2023 9:37 AM

Jul 2019
Finally, Gilbert's arc is finished! What a bittersweet story it was, with a luckily happy ending.

Arthur's and Stale's bromance was very nice as always. It was cute how Tiara was jabbing Stale at the end of the episode. xD Stale this has a loong way to go, lol!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
Aug 24, 2023 9:51 AM
Jul 2023
An ally who sworn eternal servitude obtained through brilliantly shrewd displays of honesty (she doesn’t even hinted on blackmailing him, she just simply said to keep it all a secret and forgive & forgot about it) and a love story that basically reached its happy end in just 2 episodes (most romance series takes 2 or 3 seasons just to reach a confession point)

I adore this series so much

P.S:The leg kissing scene is definitely one of the best of its kind in Anime history.
MainnusAug 24, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 24, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2018
I enjoyed the episode although Pride worrying messing with Arthur future is moot as she saved his father changing the future she knew from game also Arthur staying a knight seem to be a great use of his special ability as he can heal his injured comrades in battle or training
Aug 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2021
It turns out Arthur has the ability to heal people too. Thanks to Pride's quick wit, she managed to profoundly improve everyone's lives. Astonishingly, no one got hurt in the process. Persuading Gil to pledge his lifelong protection ensures the Kingdom's ongoing prosperity. The expressions on Stale and Arthur's faces when Gilbert made his solemn vow were utterly amusing. It seems Gilbert has a peculiar liking for feet, judging by his reaction, lol.

I truly admire the camaraderie between Stale and Arthur. Arthur is the embodiment of a true friend. Stale couldn't have asked for a better companion; the encouragement he provided was exactly what the kid needed.

Tiara's remarkably perceptive. She fearlessly laid all the truths bare. Watching Stale become flustered and embarrassed as he was called out was quite the comical sight.

Aug 24, 2023 4:45 PM
Mar 2015
Pride was able to save Maria and bind Gilbert
Aug 24, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2022
bro what. that pledge scene really had me like: 🤨

probably gonna be the peak of this show though.
Aug 24, 2023 7:26 PM
Jul 2016
It's weird that the manga translates Arthur's ability as being able to "cure diseases", compared to the anime translation being "heal everything". It's a huge difference between curing cancer vs closing wounds. Like unless you end up dealing with an epidemic, there's not going much of an opportunity to cure diseases in battle.

But if Arthur can heal everything, that's a power that almost guarantees victory in battle. He can close wounds, detoxify poisons, or heal burns. Or cure epidemics.
Aug 24, 2023 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
Last time I enjoyed a story like this it was Magical Girl Raising Project. Although this being an otome game its a little less savage.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 25, 2023 1:42 AM
Mar 2021
if Gilbert can youngify other people, he can potentially live forever with his wife, no?
Aug 25, 2023 1:57 AM

Jun 2021
I thought Stale couldn't go back anymore from his sudden adult form.
Aug 25, 2023 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
Gilbert and Marie getting to be together for a while longer is nice. But hold up if hes able to reverse age of other people doesnt that mean he can be with her forever as long as the two like? That would be sweet.

That kissing ritual scene was pretty entertaining seeing Pride get all embarrassed.
Aug 25, 2023 10:09 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Last episode I really had no idea how they’d save Marianne, I feel like I should have seen Arthur’s ability coming in clutch but they kinda brushed it off like it wasn’t important early on so that kinda put it out of the possibilities for me, so that was a cool surprise, and it’s very nice to see Marianne healthy again. And Gilbert’s punishment is both light and brutal at the and time for what he did, but if you ask me he got off even better than that by going to town on Pride’s leg lol, that was unexpected and hilarious.

And for a second there I was wondering if Stale was stuck being older but he thankfully shrunk back down, Gilbert has a wild power there lol. And Arthur and Stale’s pillow fight was oddly wholesome but I also don’t think it’s healthy to not cry for 5 years, I get the sentiment but still lol. And the party at the end showed that Stale still hates Gilbert, I kinda can’t blame him and I also appreciate that Gilbert wasn’t completely forgiven just because all is good now.
Aug 25, 2023 5:52 PM

Oct 2022
Stale should imagine himself in Gilbert's shoes. Wouldn't he do all that he could to save Pride from an unknown disease?
Aug 26, 2023 7:21 AM
Apr 2023
Arthur's power was a bigger thing than it initially was.
With his power's true nature revealed, I wonder what ripple of effects it will create, having it revealed 5 years earlier than what was intended.

Also, Stale's glow-up preview was nice; his voice actor also changed from Uchida Maaya to somehow close to Uchida Yuuma (Maaya's bro IRL) though it sounds closer to Uchiyama Kouki.
Aug 26, 2023 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
Wait so why did he make Stale older for a few scenes?
Aug 26, 2023 7:51 PM

Feb 2019
It's so sad when anime with good clothes designs and well groomed hairstyles have weak writing... this particular episode was pretty good. I hope it will continue to improve
Aug 30, 2023 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
I forgot about the meanings of kissing feet... LOL

That was even Lewder than holding hands.

WatchSymphogear said:

Remember, Stale can only teleport objects or people near his own body size and weight.

Being older makes Stale bigger and heavier, and thus allow him to teleport more people and stuff.

IE: teleporting BOTH MC-Pride and Arthur at same time. (otherwise he would have to go back and forth to get one person at a time)

Thus why Gil said "This way is faster"

___ ___ ___

BTW.... I just realized something...

Who was Maria's original Fiance anyways?

Cause it technically feels like Gil commited NTR to obtain Maria through "social standings" as we've seem in previous episode...

But it might not be real NTR if Maria Fiance never actually interacted with Maria and was only another object of "Social Expansion" (aka political marriage, etc).

I just hope the Fiance didn't have actual feelings for Maria either before Gil NTR'd him...
amlgAug 30, 2023 9:25 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 30, 2023 11:20 PM

Apr 2015
amlg said:

WatchSymphogear said:

Remember, Stale can only teleport objects or people near his own body size and weight.

Being older makes Stale bigger and heavier, and thus allow him to teleport more people and stuff.

IE: teleporting BOTH MC-Pride and Arthur at same time. (otherwise he would have to go back and forth to get one person at a time)

___ ___ ___

Cause it technically feels like Gil commited NTR to obtain Maria through "social standings" as we've seem in previous episode...

But it might not be real NTR if Maria Fiance never actually interacted with Maria and was only another object of "Social Expansion" (aka political marriage, etc).

I just hope the Fiance didn't have actual feelings for Maria either before Gil NTR'd him...
I see. That makes a lot more sense.

And the fiancé thing is pretty odd. There was like no info given.
Sep 5, 2023 2:18 AM

Jul 2017
Chancellor Gilbert Butler may have been given off the hook from Pride, but for Stale, it feels like a revenge that's served, but not in full.

Who's left to be dealt with is Marianne, and Pride entrusts Arthur to save her because of his healing power, a plotline that was supposed to be revealed as he ages, but Pride speeds the process so that he can be better utilized earlier. Sure, Gilbert's magic can make someone age someone younger or older, but his crimes cannot be overlooked, and despite having to have Pride make the judgment on his punishment, the First Princess does the same as she did, twisting the game's plot in the process and for the better. Though Gilbert went to extra mile of putting his servitude through kissing her feet and shin, that's kinda creepy and creeps out the guys on scene.

Sure enough, Stale and Arthur gets overly jealous on Gilbert's devotion, despite being the sword and shield of hers and Tiara, which the latter questions her about Gilbert, and he's better than him in every way, though he gets angry and jealous, seemingly being unable to lift a finger off of him. The wedding engagment of the two, it's a happy ending, all things considered.
Sep 25, 2023 9:21 AM

May 2018
I love the friendship between Stale and Arthur.

I'm glad Gilbert can finally be happy again.
Oct 7, 2023 7:00 PM

Oct 2022
I for sure thought, after that bro-fist-bumps between Stale and Arthur, 5 years would pass by and they'd be adults... phew, good thing they didn't time skip again... yet... lol
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 2, 2023 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to amlg

WatchSymphogear said:

___ ___ ___

@amlg @WatchSymphogear no real NTR if the woman loves him and she was never interested in that Fiance in the first place reason she wanted to hang out with gil and fell for gil so easily, her feelings matter to that she never wanted it, she wanted to chose for herself but was forced in to it

at her and gil's first meeting she was like she wanted to die, anything but that life, it was in her stance and words and how she said them, meeting gil saved her

real NRT is when 2 love each other and 1of them looses memory and 3th person use it to steal the one with amnesia or if some1 is being mind controlled and so on and on

another reason its not NTR, it just happened, they happen to meet and just fell for each other and she told gil that she is engaged bit later, by that part they were already in love, u could call it even borderline NTR if gil new she is engaged before hand and procured her regardless of knowing that
Sugram22Dec 3, 2023 12:38 AM
Apr 21, 1:27 PM

Aug 2019
what is a "holy matrimony" or what ever he said`?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 7:38 PM

May 2015
Arthur has quite a powerful ability, and I respect his choice to keep to his path of a knight. Also, Stale and Arthur's heart-to-heart was touching.
Sep 20, 11:36 PM

Sep 2015
Ok I freaking forgot he healed a dead plant in one of the early episodes. Yea Arthur could heal stuff. He thought it was just growing plants for whatever reason but we could clearly see the flower was wilting and he healed it. Kind of a obvious solution, just one completely forgotten since then.

Also adult Stale is... "oh no, he's hot." lol
I love Pride's outfit when she went out, looks awesome. It kinda looked like a military dress uniform but wasn't.
But the leg kissing part was weird wtf lol but... insert "It should have been me! Not him!" Meme
zcv45Sep 21, 12:06 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

62 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

30 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

44 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2023

32 by zcv45 »»
Sep 20, 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.