Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2023 5:58 PM

Jul 2020
Nothing too special this episode, but still was very fun and enjoyable. I especially liked the focus on Ash's ability to befriend and train any Pokemon. It was also nice seeing Beartic's improvement over the course of the episode, though it is a little sad Ash didn't catch it. Latias is still watching though so at least he will get one major catch this season (hopefully). Next week looks really exciting with the return of Bulbasaur, Charizard and the almighty Squirtle Squad.
Feb 3, 2023 6:28 PM

Jan 2022
"Don't be sad its over, just be happy it happened." :c Another great ep and another week closer to Ash adventure saga. :c
Feb 3, 2023 6:39 PM

Sep 2018
My goodness, that was coma inducing. Would be a great treatment for insomnia. Yeah, it's gone back to it's routes, but it's not what I'm looking for in Ash's final moments, the tried and trued "meet a Pokemon, solve a problem" scenario. Disappointing really. The tiny amount of screen time Ash's old Pokemon get is worthless as well. 
Feb 3, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2015
This Beartic is probably one of the strongest non-legendary wild Pokemon that appeared in the anime. The ability to passively freeze all surrounding scenery and multiple well-trained Fire-type Pokemon is frighteningly overpower. Incineroar might be Ash's Top 10 strongest and was easily nullified while using his fire to protect others, and Beartic wasn't even trying. No wonder they compared it to Kyurem.

In each episode, Ash is doing something different in what he does best (helping Pokémon, battling Pokémon, helping friends, training Pokémon, etc.). Perhaps this is the hint of what it means to be a Pokémon Master? Someone who loves, understands pokemon better than anyone and is able to bring the best out of them. If so, this make these episodes less fillery.

Some other details I did like:
(+) how Brock and Misty got to see all of Ash's best traits and character development being on display in this episode.
(+) Oshawott, Incineroar and Talonflame had a fairly decent presence here
(+) Incineroar used Fire Blast the same way he used to do it when he was a Torracat (pushing it with his paw).
(+) the implied parallel between the Magikarp's waterfall and that climb that Beartic took with Ash (both the myth of the carp that climbs the waterfall to become a dragon and the Beartic plot have effort and persistence as the main message)

Didn't like:
(-) Misty, Brock, Starmie, Forretress and especially Snorlax all felt too absent.
(-) some of my overall concerns about how this series will look like at the end are still alive (lacks a real feeling of watching Ash's final chapter), and it seems that this issue might carry over into the next 3 episodes or so.

I'm not disappointed about Ash not catching Beartic at all (the bear is surprisingly powerful and has created a great bond with Ash), as it's not an element I really expect from this miniseries.

All in all, I suspect this series is trying to tell us that Ash might be already a Pokémon Master. Whatever the message really is, it looks like it may be being displaying using Latias' perspective.
Feb 4, 2023 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
Extremely good episode, I think they are paving the way to Ash's closure really well. 
Feb 4, 2023 6:07 AM

Oct 2017
How tf is that Beartic so strong. Okay episode, not sure if this is the type of episode to include in Ash's end journey. Also Latias still following him.
Feb 4, 2023 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
Very boring episode, literally nothing happened. Next one seems more interesting, with the return of Squirtle.
Feb 4, 2023 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
If I have to say something about this episode, it's something that we all know, our boy loves Pokémon and he will always be willing to help them.

Next week, the squirtle squad is back, baby!!! :D...
Feb 4, 2023 9:52 PM

Sep 2021
chill episode literally

this ep maybe indirectly hint about incineroar and talonflame or maybe not

next episode is squirtle squad return with bulbasaur and charizard
Feb 5, 2023 12:24 AM
Jun 2021
i was expecting satoshi to catch the ice bear too bad
Feb 5, 2023 9:16 AM
Sep 2021
This episode showed ash's care for pokemons, which was executed perfectly
Feb 5, 2023 9:42 AM
Jul 2013
Te quiero mucho Oshawott. 💙
Te quiero mucho Beartic con problemas. 💙

Te quiero mucho Latias acŏsądora de campeones mundiales. 😅
Feb 5, 2023 3:43 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good Beartic episode, loved how it ended up improving when Ash was in a difficult situation
Feb 9, 2023 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
looked like a random bad filler honestly. 
Feb 9, 2023 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
One thing I have not noticed is how the even episodes have stronger production compared to the odd ones, which is disappointing cause the original trio might get sacrificed next episode. Some more Ash's pokemon are shown while previous episode didn't have any from him.

The art direction also was strong this episode.
Feb 9, 2023 6:19 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was like anesthesia in anime form, even worse than last week's episode. When they said they were preparing Ash's farewell in this final series I thought they were planning on a major mini arc full of closure for the main characters, not for them to recycle some unused filler episode ideas like they did here. I loved seeing Oshawott again but other than that, this episode might as well not even exist...
Feb 10, 2023 12:33 PM
Jun 2021
I cried when Tunbear tried and failed, but then I cried some happy tears when he helped Ash.
It's wierd that I cried
Good Episode
Feb 13, 2023 8:50 PM

Apr 2019
??? why did we have this filler episode... its ash's farewell so whats the point in fillers? at least latias is still following him, guess it'll end with ash catching it
Feb 18, 2023 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
going to watch magikarps going up a waterfall, interesting
misty having fun touching water pokemons is always cute
oh no, the waterfall is frozen, but the pokemon have fun trying to destroy it lol
Tunbear hiding behind the rocks with a scary face

baka oshawott losing his shell, and tunbear gave it back, but scared them lol when Ash arrived, the beat got scared but nothing bad happened, other than the bear freezing them
tunbear seems to be sad and ran away
Ash finaly called out the fire pokemon (good thing he has one, he knows how to make teams lol) to melt the ice

i really don't know/remember anything about brock, since when did he have a fortress? then again, i guess they can have tons of new pokemons off screen, it's been so many years
Snorlax listening to Ash, is he hungry? lols
like we saw in the episode preview, the 3 got frozen in the air, along with many others

luckily for Ash, he has a 2nd fire pokemon (maybe he doesn't know how to make teams after all... unless he knew this was gonna happen)
look at all the pokemons running, the Ursaring grabbing Teddiursa hahahaha

they managed to calm tunbear, and even make a joke about kyurem in the process
time for some training, let's go humm, fwosh and bambam
Ash hasn't changed at all, his love for pokemons is the same as always
the attack was looking good while charging, but he couldn't throw it into the target, instead freezing Ash and pikachu while incineroar protected the others

next, trying to imitate the shell, and again he was doing good, but at the end it broke and froze everything again... at this rate someone is gonna get stabbed by the ice pillars lmao
the other pokemons are back to watch, if the training goes well, no one will be frozen again... probably
again, it was going well but he lost control at last second, freezing everything, and leaving them behind

Ash tried to stop the bear from raging, but the ice was too strong and they fell down, thankfully tunbear grabbed him and nothing happened
next, tumbear used his claws to climb the ice, with the other 3 on his back
he was getting tired and almost fell down, but a quick ice attack made a place for him to jump to, his training payed off
many anime really like use the danger as a factor to finally do something right
now that he can do it, he just needs to repeat it a few more times and jump into those new ice steps

pikachu talking to the other pokemons so they are not scared of tumbear, while he is back at trying to make a shell
he managed to do it, and put it in his chest, and bellsprout wanted one as well lols
and with that, everyone else decided it's safe to aproach and get some shells as well

oh look, there's Latias again :D
lastly there's the magikarp climbing show, but doesn't look like the group is there anymore

next episode, Bulbasaur, Charizard and... Squirtle?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 24, 2023 12:27 AM

May 2021
If Ash had caught that Beartic beforehand, the road to the Finals would have been way shorter. Anyways, OG squad next.

Feb 26, 2023 1:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
amazing beartic but in general was a cooled adventure!!! kekeke
Mar 23, 2023 12:38 AM

Feb 2021
Satoshi way is really different as always XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 23, 2023 3:09 PM

Aug 2019
That was a wholesome episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LapisLazulis - Mar 24, 2023

89 by FrontierAK »»
Jul 20, 10:25 AM

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 10 Discussion

AkemiInoue - Mar 17, 2023

43 by Nerdason »»
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.