Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2023 2:37 AM

Sep 2015
Ah yes... Brock getting depressed because his potential (not really) girlfriend found a man who she likes. Classic.

And the appearance of Cilan is the nice icing on the top (Sad he isn't joining in, but I guess it's for the VA's sake. After all, Miyano-San is VERY expensive to recast for episodes, according to the fandom)

So what did we learn today?
- Hatterene is a Pokémon in which it can manipulate you by showing you certain things you wish.
- The original OS Trio will be traveling like they used to again.
- Yes, we're ignoring the fact that Team Rocket also got manipulated by Hatterene due to them wishing for food.
- Latias is still following Ash, to which we will see at the end of the episodes, and a potential catch as well. (Maybe, don't expect it to actually happen)
- Incineroar, Talonflame, Oshawott, and Snorlax will be the reverses for next week's episode.

Look forward to the next! (Yes, I will keep saying this for every poll I make. lol)
Jan 27, 2023 4:54 AM
Sep 2022
ThatonenamedCJ said:
Ah yes... Brock getting depressed because his potential (not really) girlfriend found a man who she likes. Classic.

And the appearance of Cilan is the nice icing on the top (Sad he isn't joining in, but I guess it's for the VA's sake. After all, Miyano-San is VERY expensive to recast for episodes, according to the fandom)

So what did we learn today?
- Hatterene is a Pokémon in which it can manipulate you by showing you certain things you wish.
- The original OS Trio will be traveling like they used to again.
- Yes, we're ignoring the fact that Team Rocket also got manipulated by Hatterene due to them wishing for food.
- Latias is still following Ash, to which we will see at the end of the episodes, and a potential catch as well. (Maybe, don't expect it to actually happen)
- Incineroar, Talonflame, Oshawott, and Snorlax will be the reverses for next week's episode.

Look forward to the next! (Yes, I will keep saying this for every poll I make. lol)

is it released with subtitles or do you understand Japanese ?
Jan 27, 2023 5:47 AM

Jul 2020
Really interesting episode once again. Loved seeing Brock and Cilan back at last. Brock was hilarious as usual, being completely heartbroken at the fact that the girl he likes is getting married to someone else. Then he stupidly gets tricked by the psychic powers of Hatterene and the gang has to go rescue him. I enjoyed the mix of characters this episode that we don't usually see, as well as the somewhat different plot that we haven't seen for a while. It was also pretty funny seeing them all get tricked later on even if we have seen that kind of story a lot more. The battle at the very end was awesome to see. Only wish Brock was shown off more outside of acting like a fool, though I guess we still may have more chances for that in the future given the original trip is travelling together again. Given it will be just those three going forward we did have to say goodbye to Cilan again already but personally I'm not too upset by that (never was a huge black and white fan). Latias made a brief appearance again too so it seems Ash will definitely be making a new capture later in the series.
InfinityDude88Jan 27, 2023 1:02 PM
Jan 27, 2023 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
Cilan was great in this episode, truly one of my favourite travelling companion, shame it's probably his last ever appearance! Brock almost felt like an afterthought to me because that lol

Also, great to see the Takeshi samba ending again
Jan 27, 2023 5:44 PM

Mar 2018
Very fun episode. Feels like the show got a lot better now that we actually have a group of characters interacting with each other.
Jan 27, 2023 10:05 PM

Sep 2021
my guy brock can't catch a break
cilan is back too
interesting episode
episodes are good when there is exploring on pokemons rather than repetitive sh*t like TR tryna steal pikachu and get blasted
once is fine, too much of it and ep is ruined
hatterene evolution lineup is sure interesting
there's also this stalker *ahem *ahem latias
the writers have some plan ig
hopefully a good one
brock joins 'em
next ep from pv seems more exploring which is great
this ep we didn't get to see other ashmons
bit of a underwhelming thing
but next ep will compensate ig

onto the next one, peace ✌️
Jan 28, 2023 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
oh thanks to Cilan's appearance, this final journey is definitely a way for Ash to revisit all of his old travel friends with Misty and Brock as the main ones 
Jan 28, 2023 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode but Steelix is a piece of shit, he had no reason to attack Ash lmao
Jan 28, 2023 3:31 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode and a nice showcase for the Hatenna family.
Happy that the Galar Pokemon aren't being totally ignored.
Wished Hatterene would've joined Brock's Team though, she would have been a great waifu for him xD
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 28, 2023 3:33 AM

Jan 2022
OMG!!! They brought back the brock love song Ed 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

side note that "Best wish" line at the end 😭😭 I just can't stop the tears.

btw does anyone know if Pokemon has more episodes than One Piece?
Jan 28, 2023 3:37 AM

Sep 2015
Mariklyn said:

Believe it or not, the answer is yes

As of right now:
Pokemon: 1226
One Piece: 1048
Jan 28, 2023 3:55 AM

Jan 2022
ThatonenamedCJ said:
Mariklyn said:

Believe it or not, the answer is yes

As of right now:
Pokemon: 1226
One Piece: 1048

Good God. 🤯 I thought they be more closer but dam 200 ep lead? Jeez
Jan 28, 2023 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao Brock and his luck with women, never change. Good to see him and Cilan again, was a nice episode. It sucks that Cilan had to leave though.
Jan 28, 2023 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
The best trio ever I missed these guys the only downside is I will never hear the original English voices that fit the characters so much
Jan 28, 2023 3:20 PM

May 2007
dannymilk said:
oh thanks to Cilan's appearance, this final journey is definitely a way for Ash to revisit all of his old travel friends with Misty and Brock as the main ones 

Seems that’s gonna be the case. If so, I’m glad they chose the OG trio lol

Wonder if there will be any story or goal for this short series, or will they just travel around and meet up with past characters?
Jan 29, 2023 2:14 PM
Jan 2019
I love ash and all come together with him
Jan 29, 2023 2:24 PM
Jan 2019
I love ash and all come together with him
Jan 29, 2023 8:19 PM
Sep 2021
This episode brought me right back to my childhood man..
Jan 30, 2023 6:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was fun to see these characters back, especially Brock with his usual simping and being heart broken after that, so many memories I love it, and that ending ahahah
Jan 31, 2023 5:22 AM

May 2021
I hope we really go through all of Ash's companions and leave no one. Also, was expecting to see more Pokemon he caught from other regions but I guess the next episode will have those.

Jan 31, 2023 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
hungry as usual, Ash and Misty decide to eat at the near shop... and for some reason, they knew that taste was familiar ... it' was Brock, who cooked for them thousands of times during the 1st seasons lol it's been a while

HAHAHA nice timing, as they were talking about the nice lady, her boyfriend is coming back, rip Brock's dream :D

1 encounter wasn't enough, so here comes Dent, the Misty's rival lure lol
Misty wasted no time with her introduction, world class beauty :D
Dent heard of her ... or just her sisters LOL thought he was gonna say Ash told him about past teammates...
his time to present himself, the pokemon sommelier ... and as a guinea pig to his presentation, the Psyduck who always comes out without permission
i'm as confused as Misty is, i think i'm not suited to learn this profession lol

Dent and Brock knew each other from their Johto travels, they even watched the final championship battle together, and so, there is a congratulations to Ash
Dent know Brock and his heartbreak problems, i guess that happen every few days :D

baka rockets are back (yawn), and they continue to call them "original brats and the sommelier"

arriving at the flower field, which reminds Brock of... ladies ... and a strange pokemon takes the chance to hypnotise him, and giving everyone else a taste of Psyduck's headache LOL

with team rocket following them, the 3 chase after Brock ... and to solve the mistery as to why Brock is following that strange fairy, detective sommelier gives them his speech, what a pain haha

(now i'm remembering the episode preview, some big scary pokemon is coming, i'm gonna have nightmares)

there's another pokemon, probably a pre-evolution of the fairy we saw earlier, and with it's help, they managed to find Brock
the way that pokemon is toying with Brock's emotions LOL suki kirai suki kurai (i think i know a song like that...)

what a difference of personality between the small one and it's middle evolution, that 2nd one almost killed them with punches

while the 3 boys re hungry, Misty is acting like she doesn't care... until a bug bugged her LOL, i still remember how scared she was of Catterpie
oh, a funny/smart question from Dent, if she loves water types and hates bugs, what about one with both typings?

next... the fairy used her hypnotic powers to make all of them see what they want (food or water pokemon) and everyone is gone separate ways now, what a mess

team rocket talking about their wishes, i can see where this is going lol
actually i didn't, i thought about the 3rd evolution, but it was the 2nd one... close enough haha

next, just like with Brock, everyone will go from their wishes to their nightmares, this time Misty seeing the water turn into bugs, and she is all scared
they are somehow together again, not sure why... but that works well, since pikachu can wake them all up

they finally found Brock, and want the pokemon to relay their thoughts to them ... where is Meowth when we need him? :D
Pikachu showing those emotions tho, too cute

it's Dent time again, and he is screaming instead of being quiet lol
under the illusion, Brock calls his steelix (shit, scary...) but comes to his senses when he sees Ash protecting the small fairy, why would the big one attack it?
thankfully Brimeon lost her will to do bad things, she is cute when she smiles lol

as expected, we see Latias stalking them again

with Brock in the team, they will have some good meals lol and that's the end for Dent, may they meet again, best wishes

to finish, there's team rocket with infinite hunger and infinite food, can they stay in that forest forever? Brimeon would love to play with them lol please and thank you

next episode, there's some other pokemons in the team, i see talonflame, the fire gorilla(?) from sun&moon that i didn't watch... there's also oshawatt, and snorlax
that reminds me, we didn't see his pokemons this episode (i think)
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 4, 2023 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
So Brook's dream is still less of a priority than simping xD Nice to see the OG trio at it again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2023 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was so much fun, I really missed Cilan he's such an underrated character by fandom <3.

Too bad he won't be joining the group, I guess we'll only have the original trio for now...
Feb 8, 2023 5:13 AM
May 2021
Achei esse Episódio Incrível
Feb 9, 2023 6:41 AM

Oct 2018
Wtf was that Brock ED lmao, how have I not seen or heard about that ED before

Ah, Cilan doesn't join them but atleast we got the OG gang back together. Never have I thought Hatterene as waifu material but here we go.
Feb 13, 2023 7:39 PM

Apr 2019
fun episode, i missed brock's simping lol
but i really thought cilan (and like all of ash's partners)'d have joined him... i'd guess its because hes voiced by mamo but i think they can afford it so idk? :/
at least brock is back tho. hoping may is soon + that characters like tracey and ritchie re-appear
Feb 23, 2023 9:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the 3 friends together one more time!!!! kekeke
Feb 25, 2023 9:28 AM

Aug 2019
The old gang is back!!

Good to see Cilan and Brock
Mar 22, 2023 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Sad that Dent has to leave. Lets see who we see next
Mar 23, 2023 12:25 AM

Feb 2021
Team Rocket can't get out from the illusion XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 21, 5:48 AM

Feb 2020
That's a good question. Does Kazumi like the surskit?

how she wouldn't like this harmless being

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LapisLazulis - Mar 24, 2023

89 by FrontierAK »»
Jul 20, 10:25 AM

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 10 Discussion

AkemiInoue - Mar 17, 2023

43 by Nerdason »»
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.