Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2022 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
Shiloh is lucky that others took care of him when he got badly injured. Looks like he has that adventure mentality to always get stronger and better gear.

We also got blacksmithing elements, another fantasy trope in the show. Hopefully Shiloh can know his own limits as he might be overestimating himself a bit.
Nov 4, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2022 11:06 AM
Sep 2015
Finally they reunited again, I was so afraid if something bad will happen to Ruri and Princess.
Nov 4, 2022 11:19 AM

Mar 2019
Tbh, love with the faithful details of the environment. While the story telling is not better than the game itself, at least this anime still have the same vibe.
Nov 4, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2011
Shiloh should lose the respect he have of Boyd. Shiloh got his ass beaten and the best he gets is a letter. Thankfully Seraphina is around.

Shinju have a serious stealth proficiency.

>Black Shinjuu , calls Shinjuuhime to a very dangerous tower.
>say "Remember your duty".
>refuses to elaborate.
>leaves.
Nov 4, 2022 12:33 PM
Jul 2015
Now this week that airheaded princess gave me the nerves! She reminded me of a Love Hina character, Mutsumi, specialized in disappearing in obnoxious ways and circumstances.
Nov 4, 2022 1:05 PM
Mar 2019
is it just me, or did the quality fall off a cliff on this episode? was I just not paying attention before? the animation was minimal, emotions were not portrayed at all, lots of gasps with no mouth movement, bad lip desync, and the eyes man. did they run out of budget or was it just really rushed?
Nov 4, 2022 1:11 PM
Aug 2009
khaosklub said:
is it just me, or did the quality fall off a cliff on this episode? was I just not paying attention before? the animation was minimal, emotions were not portrayed at all, lots of gasps with no mouth movement, bad lip desync, and the eyes man. did they run out of budget or was it just really rushed?

You're not alone. There was something off with animation in this particular episode so I decided to check this discussion to see if anyone mentioned it and I was right.
Nov 4, 2022 1:52 PM
Oct 2015
khaosklub said:

Yes, I noticed too.
At least there were some good Shimomura’s songs!
Nov 4, 2022 1:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay so finally Shiloh is getting reunited with Shinju and Ruri on his quest to find the other Jumi, this is better than staying with Boyd anyway
Nov 4, 2022 3:53 PM
Jun 2022
This show is so cute! X3 I love how the villain is called Sandra, it’s such a Karen-esque name!
Nov 4, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2010
khaosklub said:

I also noticied, the Tower of Leires was just a big block, just for reference how the animation of the tower is in the game:

When Pokiehl sings about Watts he had a weird box full of stars, the sun and the moon, I liked his voice acting but I'm a bit disappointed bc I was expecting this animation:

Also when Bud and Lisa said that the could do water magic they just skipped everything, why? lol For anyone who haven't played the game before (or any game of the mana series actually) a bit of background: in the mana world all elements have an elemental spirit, they have Wisp of light, Shade of dark, Undine of water, Salamander of fire, Jinn of wind, Gnome of earth, Dryad of wood and Aura of gold (it's moon in the other games and the spirit of Luna). So my point is -> since when you cast a magic the spirit shows up they missed their chance to show Undine (and problably Wisp too, I dunno if Shiloh attack to the centaur was supposed to be a special technique, in this case I think that the spirt doesn't appear).

For reference this is Undine game art:

But overall I liked, I liked how they made a excuse to Shiloh go to the Mines and we got to see Pokiehl, Watts and
the girl that looks like Pearl. Just wished they had more budget.

Nov 5, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2019
oh my god the flashback getting stuck on Tower of Leires, running around and grinding exp lol

we got the placement of Artifact animation again... seeing that again was so nostalgia

Fight scene was alright, i don't really expect much for it.
I'm more into the storyline.

Love the music btw, they play the correct music in every scene.

Next Geo!!

Shiloh really need to level up before he face Sandra again... I'm just saying...
Nov 6, 2022 4:36 AM

Feb 2019
On the next episode

Nov 6, 2022 8:44 AM

Jan 2009
Missing the part when they get out and fight the first jewel beast, iirc. Which is iconic because Cosmo is the first "jumi arc" quest you get, as in, "you are now officially in the jumi path"

But then again, Elazul being less of a d!ck this time around is probably a plus, I guess they just wanted to improve upon his character a bit, in the game he's a lot more abrasive.

Like that one "If something happens to her I'll f****ing kill you"

Like the hell man, I beat this game 5 times already, not my fault the girl keeps crouching into the corner.

Also, Pearl comes off as a huge spaz in the anime, even more so than the game, where her cute imouto side is more prominent, but I guess they didn't explain Jumis can feel each other's "light" so they are kinda weird like that. Not knowing that fact, it's like she's just one of those girls that wanders off hearing voices in her head.

Kamirura said:
I dunno if Shiloh attack to the centaur was supposed to be a special technique, in this case I think that the spirt doesn't appear).

Yeah, that was "Marble Stream", and then at the end it was "Cutting Pine"

a bit anticlimactic too, we're too used to these techniques being showcased in the game, and it's almost exhibition-level of awesome.
DrMondaiNashiNov 6, 2022 9:04 AM
Nov 11, 2022 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
Pearl going randomly like that surely give Elazul a headache
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Nov 17, 2022 10:25 PM

Nov 2009
The budget drop was oof...
The way faces were drawn most of the time was really sloppy and a there was quite a lack of animations & backgrounds.
Dec 25, 2022 3:18 AM

Jul 2015
Nice reunion for Shiloh with Elazul and Pearl... hopefully at some point Pearl stops going off on her own

Dec 28, 2022 8:03 PM

Dec 2018
the tower was done really quickly, also i remember that boss being really tough.
Jan 1, 2023 10:56 PM

Feb 2021
As I thought that Pearl has another side of Her. Can't wait to know what's Her mission.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 1, 2023 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
khaosklub said:
Quality dropped hard in this episode during the second half.
You can see clearly they reused the same drawing in 2 different scenes.
Also Elazul neck being wider than head
Oct 23, 2023 2:37 AM

Apr 2013
At least he acknowledged that he got owned by Sandra.
Apr 14, 9:28 AM
Mar 2021
Rien de va, c'est d'un immonde dépit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2022

42 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2022

13 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2022

14 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 28, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2022

18 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2022

16 by JeanFranciss »»
Apr 21, 9:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.