Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2022 3:34 PM

Feb 2022
Honestly I missed a bit of the plot of this episode but I still loved this great series, how it handles different issues such as sadness, nostalgia, etc. makes me see the level of narrative it has.

Waiting for a season 3 announcement
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Sep 28, 2022 3:39 PM
Nov 2019
Fantastic emotional payoff at the end. Very cute uwu
Sep 28, 2022 3:48 PM

Jul 2020
As a Made in Abyss enjoyer. 9/10
Probably be old until the next season. Lmao.
RdTheSadSlothSep 28, 2022 4:48 PM
My Candies:
Sep 28, 2022 4:08 PM
Oct 2018
as always beautiful
Sep 28, 2022 4:10 PM

May 2021
A decrease in the adventure aspect and an increase in the horror aspect from the first season. Nevertheless, still fucking enjoyable. Now, just gotta wait a few thousand years for the next season.

Sep 28, 2022 4:14 PM
May 2020
KUU pra karalho!!
Sep 28, 2022 5:00 PM
Sep 2014
After reading the manga and seeing the subbed still have no idea what happened to Maa but 140% more comprehension seeing it animated.
Sep 28, 2022 5:09 PM
Dec 2021
If not the anime of the year. It will definitely be in the top 5 of this year.
Sep 28, 2022 5:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020

This is just one of those series I imagine that, even if don't particularly like it, just feels wrong to give it anything lower than a high score. It's like in a class all of its own; and as fitting for its setting, is simply other-worldly.

9/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 28, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2014
majikaja cute af lookin like yoshi
let's all love lain
YouTube (schizo anituber):

Sep 28, 2022 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
I will remember.

10/10
Sep 28, 2022 5:32 PM
Dec 2020
goooooooooooooooooood
Sep 28, 2022 5:33 PM
Dec 2019
Seansempai said:
After reading the manga and seeing the subbed still have no idea what happened to Maa but 140% more comprehension seeing it animated.

(Anyone else who has read the source material feel free to answer this for me) Even though I've also read the manga I don't quite remember if anything was mentioned about what exactly happened to Maa? It seems as if they just disappeared / disintegrated like the other villagers did, but off-screen? Still, it was very emotional.
Sep 28, 2022 5:37 PM
Dec 2020
my heart is in shambles, such a beautiful and fulfilling conclusion to an honestly magical season, I can't wait till we get more wonderful suffering :)
Sep 28, 2022 5:45 PM
Jan 2021
Simply a beautiful and incredible episode and season.
Sep 28, 2022 6:51 PM

Oct 2019
Comander-07 said:
ngl this was too confusing for me to enjoy. Halfway through this season just lost me.

Lots of dying, lots of drama, lots of action, but whats the point?

Where was Vuero even trying to go when she got hit with the curse?

Wazazan predicted everything and just did it for the lulz?

Nanachis entire involvement in this was because she inherited some others memories. Basically was absent the entire season outside of recycled melodrama.

Riku has strong "chose one" vibes here, just gets the center of attention without any reason.

Reg still doesnt remember anything at all, shame.

Lots of focus on Faputa so either she joins or this all was wasted effort.

Idk, just give me back the adventure part of this story and tone down the child torture melodrama.

Maybe I can enjoy this more when I binge it in a rewatch.. would be a shame not to after the amazing first season and movie.

1. I get why one may think this arc was semi-pointless. it was easily the most stand alone arc. still had a lot of stuff like reg's past, more information on the history of abyss and the white whistle and stuff like that, but it was mostly the story of the village, not our characters. but I'm completely fine with that. the story of the village was more than strong enough to stand on it's own.

2. Wazukyan brought her down when things were getting crazy, and she was simply trying to get back to where she was.

3. up for interpretation or maybe revealed in the future. we don't even know if he can actually see the future, or not, at least not for sure. I would say it has to do with the abyss layer thing nanachi explained in season 1, but he had this "ability" even before getting to the abyss, so idk. If he did know the future, he probably didn't know a way to change it. I think he did all he could, there isn't really much else he could have done to help their situation.

4. that and her fully moving on from her loss. But why is that a problem? it's not every single character has to have the biggest role in every single season. It is true that she had very little to do with this arc, but like, why is that a problem?

5. the thing about riko is that she has chosen one vibes not because she is the main character, but because she acts like it. she just does things without a second thought, even though those things have huge impacts. in this very season she almost decided what limb to give away in like 1 minute. you see her making relationships with the villagers, and you are given a reason to why people notice her. this is how to properly put the MC in the center of attention. she isn't special because she's the mc, she is the mc because she's special.

6. if by adventure you mean the first like 9 episodes of season 1, I don't see the show getting back to that. the show has been changing with it's every arc, and I think that's a great thing. the bondrewd arc was completely different from everything before it, and this was the same. my guess is that the later parts will follow this same pattern and be completely different.

7. even if she doesn't join, I'm near certain she will be coming back, so no I seriously doubt this being all for nothing.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 28, 2022 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
seeing as there are only 3 manga chapters beyond this, god know how long till we get another season

id say this was on par with the previous seasons 8/10

Sep 28, 2022 6:57 PM

Oct 2019
furrball said:
Unless I'm missing something, Riko ascending as much as Vueko did without repercussions is some incredible plot armour, even for this series.

no, because Vueko was walking upwards right next to the crack on the wall, which had let the curse of the abyss in.

nanachi was with riko, she would be careful not let her go upwards were the curse is strong enough.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Sep 28, 2022 7:00 PM

Oct 2019
the season was a bit confusing... and .... yeah that's my only complaint.

which isn't even a real complaint considering how it easily gets fixed after some videos or/and a re-watch.

Oh also, Kevin is god.

just, how? how is making music this good even possible?
Also available at:

Sep 28, 2022 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
the final ep was so greattt ✨✨✨❤️❤️❤️❤️
if it's possible i hope there would be next season
Sep 28, 2022 7:18 PM
Jun 2015
Damn I cried. AOTY
I always knew Vueko would end up dying, but it didnt fail to get me in the feels. Her gf sacrificing herself for her, the villagers ready to be eaten, majikaja, maa san... this finale was truly a lot
Faputa and gaburoon, and of course our main trio. If I were to complain about something it would be that I wanted more Nanachi
And now the adventure continues
Cant wait for a new season hopefully 5 years from now, being optimistic
Sep 28, 2022 7:19 PM

Sep 2008
rip Cyclops Waifu
Sep 28, 2022 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
What the fuck was Wazukyan's deal? Seems like a huge asshole.
Sep 28, 2022 7:44 PM
Sep 2008
furrball said:
Unless I'm missing something, Riko ascending as much as Vueko did without repercussions is some incredible plot armour, even for this series.

at which part are you talking about?
Sep 28, 2022 7:53 PM

Aug 2020
awesome conclusion for this season. Watching this was really amazing and exciting ><

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 28, 2022 8:15 PM
Aug 2019
Vueko... :( I was hoping she could come with them too, but yeah... at least she could say all she wanted to Irumyuui ;; Also I really hope that Faputa joins them in the next season, she didn't say neither yes or not so it's still a possibility lol. This was in general an intense season, i can't imagine binge-watching this one so I'm glad i watched it while it was airing, would be so much more pain otherwise lol. Definitely a 10/10 for me
Sep 28, 2022 8:20 PM
Mar 2022
Nice ending, I will be waiting for next season
Sep 28, 2022 8:44 PM

Jan 2021
Easily the best anime of summer 2022. The journey was incredible. I just wish Faputa joined them tho. She really seems she would have fit in and will also have people she could call "family".
Sep 28, 2022 8:48 PM
May 2020
I dont know why I am crying so much over a fictional character
Sep 28, 2022 9:06 PM
Jul 2021
see ya all at next 5 years for season 3
Sep 28, 2022 9:29 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah... never liked how the author got rid of Vueko by making the poor woman suffer the Curse and the reason being that she forgot about it. It was incredibly underwhelming and probably the only complaint I had with this finale, in both manga and anime version.

But other than that, this ended up being a perfectly executed last episode. Some side-chapters were adapted (Faputa meeting Gaburoon//her "stealing" Prushka) and they even extended the scene with Maaa disappearing, which was more than welcome. Not to mention I also really liked how they made some changes throughout the season in order to properly portray how much the cyclops girl (Pakkoyan) cared about Vueko. They used to be lovers, after all.

Overall, another near-excellent installment for Made in Abyss. Its start was kinda slow but things only went uphill with each passing episode. Direction, visuals and especially OST (another majestic job from Kevin Penkin) were all outstanding and Episode 10 can be easily considered among 2022's best anime episodes in my opinion.

8,5/10 -> 9/10 - AOTS winner and AOTY contender without a single doubt.

Goodbye, Made in Abyss. See you in 5 years, if not more.
Sep 28, 2022 9:49 PM

Apr 2017
Final de temporada SUBLIME.
Kevin Penkin hizo nuevamente una maravilla con el OST y la mezcla perfecta de las escenas, transiciones y sentimientos.
Producción, dirección y animación perfectas, para dar una temporada llena de drama, dolor, desesperanza y un montos de otras emosiones que permitian a los espectadores estar inmersos en la historia.
Seiyuus perfectos en su actuación e interpretación de los personajes, para darle aun más valor a este anime.
Una historia verdaderamente épica en cada uno de sus arcos y que te presenta y profundiza las relaciones de los personajes de maneras inpensadas.

Ahora toca esperar unos años para que el mangaka siga desarrollando su trama y, si todo sale bien, tener una nueva entrega de esta travesía.

Definitivamente dentro de mi TOP 3 de mejores animes que he visto. Ojalá poder vivir y ver algún día animado su finalización.
Si no tienes recuerdos felices, nunca es tarde para comenzar a construirlos.

<<< o >>>
Sep 28, 2022 9:52 PM

May 2015
AOTY for me and I know Fall is gonna be packed with more great shows. I just hope Kevin Penkin is still around making music for anime when season 3 comes out (prob by 2030 lol). MiA wouldn't be the same without it.
Sep 28, 2022 10:16 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so happy I didn't watch this show weekly, the wait would have killed me. So many emotions happened with this season and the fact they had an extra long finale was PERFECT. I can't wait to add this to my blu ray collection!
Sep 28, 2022 10:23 PM

Sep 2018
Another 10/10 season for Made in Abyss, there is just NOTHING like it. By far and away my anime of the season and possibly anime of the year. I hope Faputa joins them in the future.
Sep 28, 2022 10:32 PM
Sep 2022
the anime tha you can see ever
Sep 28, 2022 10:33 PM
Oct 2021
tetrix1993 said:
Pretty good episode and great season so far! Sad Faputa didn't join them in the end...

*spoiler* (not really but..)

Nah she does, like 2 panels after the ending of the anime she joins them, she said she’ll “think about it” but she actually just ends up following them before giving in
Sep 28, 2022 10:49 PM
Feb 2019
it made me do something crazy like
Sep 28, 2022 10:50 PM
Dec 2018
This sh*t made me cry XD i love you Faputa <3
Sep 28, 2022 10:58 PM

Jul 2021
AOTS. More world-building expansion and it diminished some of the grosser shit from S1 in compensation for using that as an uneasiness for horror. The atmosphere is on point, and the emotional weight of Faputa's arc especially really strikes me. Now I really want a S3 but I know there are not many materials, so we have to wait till like what, 2025? 2026?
Sep 28, 2022 11:05 PM

Nov 2019
Anyone know what chapter the anime ends?
Sep 29, 2022 12:23 AM
Dec 2019
Damn it I accidentally voted 2/5
Sep 29, 2022 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
What a fucking masterpiece. Time to read few chapters of the manga.

Thank you for this show, I hope we get updates in the future for sequel. (4 years)
AotS!!
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 29, 2022 1:13 AM
Nov 2020
made in abyss is an anime that makes me feel so very conflicted. I absolutely adore how unique and thought provoking it is. and I love the horror. I just don't love the pedo shit. and like the majority of the season wasn't doing that super bad. and the manga is probably worse in this regard. so I'm greatful that the last episodes were very pedo-shit free. I found myself tearing up in this episode and I'm interested to see what happens next in the hopeful season 3. 8/10
Sep 29, 2022 1:39 AM
Jan 2017
Cruel and beautifull at same time,,
best anime of the season 9/10
Sep 29, 2022 1:54 AM

Sep 2019
Masterpiece. 10 / 10.
Can't wait for season 3
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Sep 29, 2022 1:59 AM

Jan 2014
We were blessed by a longer last ep and it was quite spectacular to behold. I gotta say I absolutely loved this ep and this anime, to say the least even tho I was a bit skeptical by the start. This was just an awesome end of another quite unique and emotionally filled arc and the ending credits had me hoping for next season.
Sep 29, 2022 2:44 AM

Jan 2021
47 minutes feels short, soundtrack is great, VA Faputa worked hard on this, Poor Vueko maybe she's the only human who lived the longest in the abyss, although Riko didn't have much action here.

Overall this episode was very good.
Sep 29, 2022 2:59 AM
Sep 2022
perfect god tier anime
Sep 29, 2022 3:32 AM

Nov 2017
A masterclass and very sad this episode to finish in beauty! RIP Veroelko. 😭
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.