Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2022 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
One word: W-B-X, well..., actually it was W-G-X ~W Goes Next~.
Fu.. YEAH! Finally, they used this song. This, the Memory Break, and the chasing scenes were epic!
AkeZZZAug 14, 2022 9:35 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 14, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2012
NEW VERSION OF W-B-X (W-G-X or W Goes neXt) as an insert song? Studio Kai is really servicing Kamen Rider fans well.

The epic bike chase reminds us why the hero is called Kamen RIDER. Joker Extreme!

10:33 Not a simp but a USB addict pretending to simp since the bag Tokime stole had his Fix.

Having the Toadstool memory in the evidence bag really hammers in the metaphor.

16:51 Tokime likes how half-boiled Shotaro is.

18:18 From Cyclone Joker, Luna Joker and Luna Trigger and now Heat Metal! I'm so glad to see these rider forms back in action!

19:47 Philip empathises with Tokime since he also had amnesia about his family once and working at the Narumi Detective Agency helped him to uncover the truth.

20:51 She's throwin' herself at Shotaro! The line about Shotaro's type gave me flashbacks to Yukie Sudo. Yukiji Bando is introduced; the driver he uses to become the Aurora Dopant looks like a classic KR belt.
Fortress_MaximusAug 14, 2022 2:52 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 14, 2022 9:46 AM
Jul 2022
This show literally not shy about showing it Kamen Rider side. The bike sequence is just top tier.
A bit sad that Terui still not show up yet.
Aug 14, 2022 9:53 AM
Apr 2022
that bike scene was sooo cool, best episode so far everything they build in previous episode is for this great episode
Aug 14, 2022 10:03 AM
Sep 2020
what a twist love it , WBX so nostalgic , and the kiss😍
Aug 14, 2022 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
Coming off the Garo Anime trilogy, seeing a mostly 2D fight scene is interesting.

Interesting, unlike the manga, they didn't introduce Terui during the Toadstool confession so I think they are saving him for the Accel introduction at the end of the next arc.

Is this finally a sign that my man Shoutaro finally getting laid?

I have to say it again, unlike the Garo anime, seeing tokusatsu anime fights being mostly 2D is something so weird but so beautiful at the same time. Those Maxium Drives and that Bike scene is just glorious.

Thanks to the power of anime, we can see what normally can't in the live action ver. We all know that Cyclone can controll wind but seeing that in anime is honestly so eye catching.

I was watching the MuseAsia livestream and holy fuck the comment when WGX played are fucking glorious.

And thanks to the credit, our new rendition of W-B-X ~W-Boiled Extreme~ is called W-G-X ~W Goes Next~ by the same Kamiki Aya and TAKUYA duo as the original song and I'm fucking hyped.

And after the 3 episode ritual, I can finally say they are really committed to this adaptation and this is gonna be a great anime. Bringing in original actors and singers for the ending and insert songs, combined with those animations and production values? We Kamen Rider fan are in good hands.
Aug 14, 2022 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
Yo, a new rendition of W-B-X caught me off guard
Aug 14, 2022 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
The action sequence was lit but more importantly we got a kiss yo. She's even working as Shotaro's assistant and living in his room.
Aug 14, 2022 10:39 AM
Aug 2022
it was good sadly he didnt smash tokime i mean i would
Aug 14, 2022 10:51 AM

Jun 2021
Straight into the Kamen Rider action as W kicks the ever-livining #$%^ out of Road! You got to love it.

LunaJoker! I loved all the animation on Luna's stretchy arms! We even got to see LunaTrigger!

Holy #$%^! I'd recognize those jazzy guitar riffs anywhere! It's W-B-X Crime in the City! The original theme of W! Playing during a create bike chase scene in Shadow Fuuto and W finishing off Road with a Rider Kick Maximum Drive! So, so amazing :love:!

(Also, I think in these three episodes we've gotten more bike action than most modern live-action Rider shows).

All's well that ends well...Shotaro and Philip have reconciled and all the criminals have been arrested...including Chuuta, who turns out to have been after a Gaia Memory he bought and stashed in his bag the whole time because he craved the power of it. I kind of figured as much with the clues, but it was nice to see Philip put everything together and even explained Tokime's powers.

Toadstool Dopant! He actually looked kind of cool, shame we didn't get to see him fight W...but I guess that goes to show how pathetic Chuuta really is. His corrupted love for Fuuto brought Shotaro to tears.

I guess Tokime still stole stuff (even if it was only to survive), so she has to count up her sins as well and turn herself in...but not before basically falling for Shotaro and planting a kiss right on his lips. She likes how half-boiled he is! What a way to leave off before she gets into the police car. Shotaro you lucky dog.

HeatMetal cameo! I hope we see it in a full fight soon.

The Opening basically gives it away, but unlike Shotaro's other femme fatale love interests, Tokime is sticking around! Thanks to Terui (who still hasn't shown up yet) she's got a work release and probation so she can work with the Narumi Detective agency, keep herself out of trouble, and find out what's up with her.

And it also offers plenty of time for Shotaro and Tokime to bond...and she wastes no time getting into his apartment and plopping herself onto his bed so they can sleep together! Girl's pretty aggressive! It's just too bad Shotaro is too wholesome and too worried she'll end up like his other femme fatale love interests to pursue her as hard as she is him. But I hope things turn out well between Shotaro and Tokime.

Looks like the new villains have their own drivers/belts, and they know about Tokime...could she be a former member of the villains before she became an amnesiac?

Is too much Tokime a bad thing if she's an amoeba that keeps multiplying? It sure seems like Shotaro has no problem feeding her though.
Aug 14, 2022 11:51 AM
Jan 2021
Surprise of the season for me, didnt expect to enjoy it this much
Aug 14, 2022 11:56 AM
Sep 2021
still waiting for Fang Trigger form
Aug 14, 2022 1:29 PM
Nov 2020
W.G.X . Period. thats all
Aug 14, 2022 1:43 PM
Jun 2016
its grate to finally see W in action
Aug 14, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
This show is great. When W B X started playing I screamed like a kid. Then I realized it was a bit different and still loved it.
Aug 14, 2022 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
Lucky Shotaro got to kiss Tokime. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME, NOT HIM!!!

Anyway that whole sequence against Road was great, this show has been the surprise of the summer for me so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 14, 2022 3:22 PM
May 2022
Never watched a Kamen Rider series before, and holy shit... what an introduction to this world. I'm a sucker for romance in action series and this delivers so damn well, definitely one of my favs this season.
Aug 14, 2022 6:44 PM

Jan 2021
I loved seeing the combos from Kamen Rider W and even Accel appearing real soon
Aug 14, 2022 7:20 PM
Mar 2021
Godamn it! Fuuto Pi made this so great so far even it's better than manga, probably it's peak action this season. People must watch it right now.

What a lucky that half boiled boy is getting a kiss from hot white-haired waifu like Tokime. Also Rider Kick scene is so eyecatching.

I have seen it in Muse Asia YT chanel, but it was only arround 20K views? C'mon, weabs.
Aug 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
hoping we get Aurora's driver announced at the end of the show's run!
Aug 14, 2022 8:16 PM
Lost 💎 Diamond

Dec 2012
I'm a bit disappointed that the transformation and fights were prolonged but I guess that's the pacing of the manga, or the writers to build hype

I kinda didn't like how oversexualized Tokime is, especially now since it seems she's being shipped with Shotaro to mingle along with the cast. I kind of like the softer approach like back then

But I will admit that this new persona of hers is getting kind of charming and those tits too, too bad there's no more memory panties scene

Unpopular opinion though, Akiko (at least in this anime) is prettier
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┙
Aug 14, 2022 8:37 PM
Feb 2015
NintensityCrowds said:
hoping we get Aurora's driver announced at the end of the show's run!

Probably will get one. Toei/Bandai won't miss out on a chance to make more toys.
Aug 14, 2022 8:48 PM
Apr 2022
Incroyable je n’avais jamais vu cette animés auparavant je ne connais pas l’histoire mais pourtant il n’y a aucun problème je suis à fond dedans en plus c’est anime montre des choses qui en général mets du temps à arriver dans les animés rapidement il y a toujours de l’action ça va très vite c’est très bien animé même si l’univers est un petit peu bizarre je veux dire c’est très plaisant à regarder c’est ma grosse surprise de la saison j’espère qu’il aura un peu plus de succès parce qu’il le mérite par rapport à d’autres animés sous le feu des projecteurs qui ne le mérite totalement pas maou sama
Aug 14, 2022 11:36 PM
Jan 2020
Now this is what an adaptation supposed to be, Studio KAI is rocking it with this and Shine Post.
Aug 15, 2022 12:33 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
W-B-X -> W-G-X
The new version. At least everyone can hear on AMQ. >:D
Aug 15, 2022 4:14 AM
Oct 2021
this series is a love letter for kamen rider fans, and so nostalgic, especially the new version of WBX omgggggg. Cant wait for fang trigger forms
Aug 15, 2022 4:56 AM
Sep 2021
4/5 the ep was gass
Aug 15, 2022 5:14 AM
cote goat
Mar 2018
THEY USED A WBX BOILED EXTREME REMIX
Bocchi is my spirit animal :)
Aug 15, 2022 5:22 AM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Lucky Shotaro got to kiss Tokime. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME, NOT HIM!!!

Anyway that whole sequence against Road was great, this show has been the surprise of the summer for me so far.

Has been a really great ride so far.

THe vibe is great, art is great, characters are entertaining.
Aug 15, 2022 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
The bike chase with the new W-B-X was LIT.

RafaelCLP said:
As someone who had never heard of Kamen Rider before, I just don't enjoy it so far. It looks like a slightly more serious version of Power Rangers...

After episode 1, I thought this was going to be a bit more like Durarara. To be fair, Durarara never got me hooked because I was never interested in the Black Rider's mystery. Contrary to Durarara's Black Rider, Fuuto Tantei's witch did get me curious. Then episode 2 came, and that mystery vanished when the show just told us there was no mystery at all, it was just some technology (called gaia memory), which the characters seem to know everything about already, and basically anyone can get one if they meet the wrong people. Still, how come this witch was flying and moving objects with "her mind", when her memory shard was broken? I was curious! Except, oh, she wasn't. Cool. Mystery solved. Why hasn't the show ended yet? Am I now supposed to be curious about her past?

I will watch a few more episodes and see if it gets interesting, but so far this is disappointing.

This is a sequel to live-action Kamen Rider W, that's why they already know what Gaia Memories are.

Also, if you don't like the series so far it's better to just dropped it, Kamen Rider follows the Monster of the Week formula, so next week you will see a new mystery involving another Gaia Memory for two or three episodes.
Aug 15, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2022
i've never seen anything from this franchise before but it has totally won me over, I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
THE CHARACTERS
THE ANIMATION
THE ROMANCE
EVEN THE FIGHTS HAVE THAT NOSTALGIC VIBE IN A REVAMPED WAY, I ENJOY THAT SO MUCH WHICH IS RARE
IT'S SO GOOOD AND IT'S SO NICE TO FIND SOMETHING LIKE THIS NOW
Aug 15, 2022 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
i've heard that insert music before...i just can't tell why...maybe because that's the official OST of W???

Aug 15, 2022 10:32 AM
Aug 2018
Oh yeah W-B-X CRIME AND THE CITY (WGX)
Hearing W's op again was really brilliant
The fight and the chase , really top notch
I really loved it, I guess now the story is gonna get more serious after the revelation at the end
And I saw the build reference toei
Aug 15, 2022 12:07 PM
Aug 2015
I did not appreciate Shoutarou getting Chuuta arrested for trying to use the same bullshit USB powers drugs that he uses. Dropped for hypocrisy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2014
Oh so that's why in the previous they left us hanging coz they wanna make the fight with Road flashy and that Chuuta guy is also a dopant so case closed.

But even though the fight was pretty cool but tbh I find that any scene of Tokime is more thrilling
Aug 15, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2021
Haha, poor Shoutarou, he didn't expect such a cute girl to live with him.
Aug 15, 2022 1:55 PM
Aug 2021
good deliberation of the story
Aug 15, 2022 3:35 PM
Mar 2020
Getting best each episode
Aug 15, 2022 6:52 PM
Nov 2016
Muito bom, adorei
Aug 16, 2022 2:21 AM
Dec 2021
ie_above11D said:
I did not appreciate Shoutarou getting Chuuta arrested for trying to use the same bullshit USB powers drugs that he uses. Dropped for hypocrisy.

Memories inserted organically into the body can destroy someone and get them addicted with deadly side-effects if one has bad compatibility with the Memory in question. Philip and Shotaro's Memories are purified versions only usable via their drivers. That's why Chuuta is arrested for ILLEGAL MEMORY POSSESSION.
Aug 16, 2022 3:14 AM

Sep 2011
ie_above11D said:

They arent the same, the memories are a very not subtle reference to hard drugs and Chuuta got arrested because he involved himself in the black market drug trade on top of trying to murder a bunch of people through the yakuza.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 16, 2022 3:17 AM

Feb 2019
Huh, I'll take W-B-X any day of the week, but I was really thinking it'd be kept till the end.

Aurora's design is a mixed bag, I do like the arms and skirt, but the head is really weak. Takes advantage of the medium, though, it would have looked far, far worse in live-action, if it were even possible.

ie_above11D said:

By that logic the police could never stop someone for speeding because they are also in a car.

ZaQuagmire said:
Memories inserted organically into the body can destroy someone and get them addicted with deadly side-effects if one has bad compatibility with the Memory in question. Philip and Shotaro's Memories are purified versions only usable via their drivers. That's why Chuuta is arrested for ILLEGAL MEMORY POSSESSION.

Slight correction, there were in fact Dopants of all W's signature Memories (bar Fang and Joker) in one of the movies.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Aug 16, 2022 3:25 AM
Dec 2021
O_T_T said:
Huh, I'll take W-B-X any day of the week, but I was really thinking it'd be kept till the end.

Slight correction, there were in fact Dopants of all W's signature Memories (bar Fang and Joker) in one of the movies.

NEVER were using T2 Memories made by Foundation X though, in comparison to the Original T1 memories W has.
Aug 16, 2022 3:28 AM

Feb 2019
ZaQuagmire said:
O_T_T said:

NEVER were using T2 Memories made by Foundation X though, in comparison to the Original T1 memories W has.

I know, I meant in the sense of them not being usable without Drivers.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Aug 16, 2022 3:33 AM
Dec 2021
O_T_T said:
ZaQuagmire said:

I know, I meant in the sense of them not being usable without Drivers.

IIRC, T1 Memories can't be used without a Driver. If they could, I'm sure Sokichi would have used Skull organically to let Shotaro and Philip escape back in Begins Night, since his LostDriver was unusable. T2s on the other hand...
Aug 16, 2022 4:42 AM

Aug 2015
That new rendition of WBX is insane. The action was perfect, especially the high speed chase.

Next episode now pls
Controversial opinions
Aug 16, 2022 8:50 AM
Aug 2015
O_T_T said:

ie_above11D said:
I did not appreciate Shoutarou getting Chuuta arrested for trying to use the same bullshit USB power drugs that he uses. Dropped for hypocrisy.

By that logic the police could never stop someone for speeding because they are also in a car.

No, by that logic the police would be arresting everyone just because they had bought a car. Chuuta didn't misuse his Gaia memory, he just bought one. Get your logic straight yo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2022 9:00 AM
Aug 2015
JizzyHitler said:
ie_above11D said:

They arent the same, the memories are a very not subtle reference to hard drugs and Chuuta got arrested because he involved himself in the black market drug trade on top of trying to murder a bunch of people through the yakuza.
Chuuta may have tried to bargain to get the main characters killed, but, that's not why he was arrested. He was arrested because he purchased the same kind of device that the main character uses. But on another level, I don't appreciate the writer of the story trying to associate magic mushrooms with "hard drugs". That alone would make me drop the show. Magic mushrooms are healing medicine proven by science. There is hypocrisy on many levels yo.
Aug 16, 2022 9:03 AM
Aug 2015
ZaQuagmire said:
ie_above11D said:

Whatever, it's still hypocrisy. The main characters should be arrested too if the basis for which the police determine guilt in this show is possession of Gaia memories. Beyond that, I'm a proponent of drug policy reform in the united states so this just rubs me the wrong way on many levels.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 12 Discussion

3miL - Oct 16, 2022

49 by Rinaisty »»
Sep 24, 7:05 AM

» Of all the Kamen Riders, why did Kamen Rider W get an anime?

Dejilan - Aug 8, 2022

24 by removed-user »»
Apr 18, 6:19 AM

» Poor writing but decent

IMMABEAST - Oct 16, 2022

14 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 18, 2022

31 by dohani »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 6 Discussion

3miL - Sep 4, 2022

31 by YagoZeta »»
Oct 24, 2022 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.