Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2022 5:47 AM

Nov 2011
Demons just suddenly appears out of nowhere huh...

It seems Mathias trusts his friends quite a bit to let them deal with one of them. And in the meantime, Mathias continues to demonstrate his potential as a mage. Definitely someone to keep an eye on for more episodes. It seems he's also made quite a powerful ally this episode too.
Stark700Jan 22, 2022 5:58 AM
Jan 22, 2022 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Even the demons called Mathias monsters. He so overpowered.
The dragon though. XD
Jan 22, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2014
Dragon Language is common knowledge..... HUH...!? We learn something new every day.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 22, 2022 7:04 AM
Feb 2020
lmao its so low effort trash i cant even take it seriously, this is pathetic
Jan 22, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
Welp, Matthias as the Strongest Sage with the failed Crest impresses in such an absurd way that it feels unreal.

Going to sell rare monster dropped items are a rarity, as such when they drop a lot of money for these never-before-seen "treasures". Devilis's demons are back to thwart their revenge, and it's obvious that Matty would take the stronger of the 2 (Ashril) while Lurie and Alma takes Deshril to play around with him before dealing the final blow. That earned some attention, and too much in this case isn't good while the party of the trio is going fine.

Of course, Matthias wants nothing more than dungeons, and since both Alma and Lurie are involved, they share the profit. The demons aren't done, and shouldn't be surprising that Matty is always one step ahead of the game into profiling their plans. So, what to do than to enter a dungeon to find this "legendary" Darkness Dragon Iris whom he once fought before his reincarnation.

Well...dragon language IS common language? Erm...alright? Though Iris and Matty go way back, their relationship is quite the relationship that as comedic as it looks, it's not. Both Lurie and Alma are discovering new things about Matty, that's for sure. Onward to the demon's domain.
Jan 22, 2022 7:41 AM
Jul 2017
This is the most run of the mill, generic, slapped together, anime I have seen in quite a while. Cute girls falling for a pompous annoying MC. Definitely a contender for worst anime of Winter 2022.
Jan 22, 2022 7:45 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know the reason why they decide to use female voice actress to voice our male protagonist (this trend which were popular 20 years ago seems to comeback since Saihate no Paladin) At this point I'm gonna side with demon because they're hot, they're shirtless, they show their muscle, and they're voiced by male voice actors. I hope our protagonist don't kill them, but just put them in prison or something. How come our protagonist willing to negotiate with dragon but not demon? And Demon in this age seem less evil, they haven't kill anyone onscreen yet.

Edit: Forget to mention that I'm highly suspicious toward Gauis's friend "Reuter" the legendary swordman, could Reuter be a betrayer? I hope Reuter is a good person, but more importantly, I hope he's a hot guy.
phantomfandomJan 22, 2022 8:18 AM
Jan 22, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2021
Now that the pace has slowed down from the breakneck speed of the first episode and a half, this is pretty by the numbers, bland, and has fully embraced Kenja no Mago clonage. For some reason this still doesn't piss me off nearly as much as that show though.
Jan 22, 2022 9:35 AM
Sep 2021
phantomfandom said:
At this point I'm gonna side with demon because they're hot, they're shirtless, they show their muscle, and they're voiced by male voice actors. I hope our protagonist don't kill them, but just put them in prison or something.

Or have the demons switch sides since they have potential to be part of the MCs. BTW the VAs from the demons are top-tier so far. Debilis is voiced by Okamoto Nobuhiko (Bakugo and Genya’s VA), Ashril is voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki (Tengen and Kamina’s VA), Deshril is voiced by Eguchi Takuya (Loid Forger, Soei and Shuji Hanma’s VA) and Ayrias is voiced by Satoshi Hino (Kyojuro and Ainz’s VA). The lineup is amazing so far, please continue to surprise us for the future episodes!

DabiXPLFFeb 8, 2023 7:51 PM
Jan 22, 2022 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
ok so..wait..why'd he get Iris? He said teleporting everyone was useless and went to get a dragon. I thought there would be a small group of fighters not just those 3.

I'm guessing Iris is the red headed chibi from the opening.
Jan 22, 2022 11:06 AM

Jul 2021
I hope this new character that was introduced is really a good character for the anime to get better.
asdasdsadad
Jan 22, 2022 11:21 AM

May 2016
yeah this is kinda bad lol. I'm all for OP characters and generic shit but this kinda sucks assholes.
Jan 22, 2022 11:33 AM
Dec 2009
I dont get it. All the gore and violance are gone. Are they try to make this adaptation a teletubies? iT WAS most obvious at time where he ride the dragon and told him to go fast as human can endure and he stops him with barier. In manga he slams his face to the magic wall, here is he only surprised. Why ffs. The fun that whould be from various misinterpret. dialog and facepalm is like tofu cheess, its similiar but not as good. Skiping alot of details and make it on the same level as pokemon :P
Jan 22, 2022 11:52 AM

Jan 2008
His constant inner monologuing acting as exposition for every action he does feels so off and wrong.
Jan 22, 2022 12:35 PM
Jun 2011
Its not bad, its not good. This is about the most average show I have ever watched. This episode was a marked improvement on episode 2 fixing the issue with the horrible pacing, but at the same time has solidified its image as an extremely generic power fantasy - which in the past I would be fine with, sometimes you just want to turn your brain off and enjoy something low effort but I just don't have the time anymore, so I guess this is where I drop it.
Jan 22, 2022 12:55 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Matthias, Lurie and Alma destroyed them 2 demons trying to invade the school! They also hired a dragon ride from Matthias's old friend from his past life! (He had to repair her wings though). Seems in this world, the Gods are Gaius and his old friend Reuter too!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 22, 2022 4:06 PM

Aug 2020
not good not bad. I get that he is already op so what is the point anymore.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 22, 2022 4:42 PM

Jan 2021
He's so OP; yet they try and act likes he's not at times. Oh no, I sense a strong demon, defeats him in like 2 minutes. I could use a teleportation spell, but that wouldn't be useful. Excuse me what? At least the break-neck speed is slightly slower this time, but the voice actors are still rushing to get their lines in.
Jan 22, 2022 4:45 PM
Dec 2021
really enjoyable episode. good.
Jan 22, 2022 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
The demon's fight was suddenly but the protagonist again managed to beat the enemy, this was to be expected from the protagonist.

Bad episode, however I expected a little difficulty for the protagonist to win the fights, but even that doesn't exist.
Jan 22, 2022 8:47 PM
Jan 2017
oke this trash is good enough to waste your tiem,, even the story is not that good ,
but i can still enjoy the show..
Jan 22, 2022 9:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol, that little sage was more monster than demon. Well, not that its surprising, tho. Its absolutely, common. Though, with those commotion, i wonder how he and all the girls can live up on those kingdom. That sound effect on his spells, what a funny sound they used there. However, what tf up with those stutter sound he made up while explaining his simple light spell?

Though, with his powerful power, he even manage to make the demons kind enough to revealing their location. So ofc as a good man, Mathy need to pay them visit. Respect. Not to mention how he's kind enough to humble to rise without using teleportation spell, and showing off to those girls how he manage to negotatiate the fancy carriage. Yes, its Iris, the dragon red-haired loli. I honestly thank you Mathy, for having those cute dragon as your associate *insert funny sfx*. Never expect magic reactors forcing the mankind back to the stone age. Understandable....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 22, 2022 9:37 PM

Jul 2021
The OP and ED are actually good.

The fights were good, they were entertaining to watch.

It was kinda funny when dragon changed his voice after finding out who Matty was lol. That cute girly voice felt really weird on a dragon.

Overall this was a pretty enjoyable episode. 5/5. Looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 22, 2022 9:59 PM

Feb 2008
Paul said:
His constant inner monologuing acting as exposition for every action he does feels so off and wrong.

It's to give the illusion that he isn't overpowered by the MC pointing out all his insufficiencies. But we know that it's the exact opposite through his actions.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Jan 22, 2022 10:18 PM

Oct 2017
Iris the dragon is finally here and she seems like an amusing one.
Jan 23, 2022 3:00 AM

Jan 2016
Cute dragon.

Also, the ending is a banger!
Jan 23, 2022 3:21 AM

Feb 2014
Iris is already pretty amusing and made an otherwise mediocre episode into a decent one at that. =)

The demon fight did showcase how well Lucie and Alma can hold their own after having Matthias teach them, although he did make easy work of the two demons, no matter what they did. He also was quick to find out that the throne room in the castle was being spied on by the demons, although since the distance to that hideout was a long way away, he went to where Iris was resting to get her to help.

She did make me laugh with the way she grovelled at Matthias, but she did agree to help after Matthias healed her wings so that she can fly again. Now that she's joined the cast, hopefully the episodes from here on will be more enjoyable.
Jan 23, 2022 6:08 AM
Feb 2018
Love the episode. I wonder if Matty will fly his iris back to the kingdom once he dealt with the demon
Jan 23, 2022 1:18 PM

Oct 2009
There is absolutely zero point in this show so far where MC convinced any viewers that he is much weaker than their opponent, even if you added "oh, if it hits me I'm gonna die" monologue, yeah no shit that thing will never killed you, you're the MC and this is just the third episode for fuck sake, if anything it just ridiculous excuse made by the author (probably out of feeling of guilt and shame) for making such an obvious OP gary stu character.

The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 23, 2022 10:24 PM
Aug 2021
As generic as it gets pretty much. Crazy OP Matthias faces two arrogant demons that everyone finds unbeatable, only to have zero issue with them at all. I’m glad the pacing has slowed (a little at least) but I don’t know I’m still finding it a bit of a chore to get through episodes. But, I committed myself to finishing each anime I start this season, so I slog onward.
Jan 24, 2022 1:45 AM

Feb 2021
Thoroughly enjoying this anime despite its flaws.

Mattias is OP yes, but that doesn't bother me. Overlord's Ainz Ooal Gown is overpowered too, probably more so. Sometimes there is appeal in a very powerful MC. Not every MC has to be struggling.

This show is like a fantasy with almost like a slice of life vibe. It keeps the brutality to a bare minimum which is disappointing, but I already felt that through episode 1 and knew what I would mostly get out of this.

I guess dragon Iris is going to be a cute red haired girl in the next episode.
Jan 24, 2022 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
A worthy rival to kenja no Mago. I don't know about the novel but from previous experience with those kinds of things, the adaptation is shite.
Jan 24, 2022 8:39 AM
Dec 2021
Im having a very very very hard time convincing myself not to drop this painfully bland and distasteful uninspiring anime
Jan 25, 2022 9:01 AM

May 2009
Iris is supposedly only popular thing about this series, there is even figure of her announced.
SuperFancy said:
This is the most run of the mill, generic, slapped together, anime I have seen in quite a while. Cute girls falling for a pompous annoying MC. Definitely a contender for worst anime of Winter 2022.

You know that Sabiiro no Armor and Gensou Sangokushi are airing?
Jan 25, 2022 4:12 PM

May 2018
So the dragon really is best girl xD

I still can't believe how fast the adaptation is trying to speedrun itself
Jan 25, 2022 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Long long send interesting. I'm liking this show more and more.
Jan 25, 2022 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
K-Arlovski said:
Im having a very very very hard time convincing myself not to drop this painfully bland and distasteful uninspiring anime
then drop this and watch something else. Your will do us both a favour.
Jan 26, 2022 2:07 AM
Dec 2021
anirudhtsuki said:
K-Arlovski said:
then drop this and watch something else. Your will do us both a favour.

It may be one of those "so horrid that its funny" animes. An anime with so many goofy flaws and zero redeeming qualities. So much so that it simply becomes hilarious to watch
Jan 27, 2022 8:57 AM

Mar 2014
This show really going downhill very quick, the monologuing is fucking annoying and even though it's obvious the MC is OP they still wanna tell us that he is "weak" (cut the shit) and not to mention the generic 2 dumb waifu who are destined to fall for him (and in the next ep it's gonna be 3 waifu)

I mean I already expect this show it's gonna be trash but still the bullshit is very painfull to watch.... sigh
RedChromeJan 28, 2022 7:13 AM
Jan 27, 2022 8:59 AM

Mar 2014
azzuRe said:
There is absolutely zero point in this show so far where MC convinced any viewers that he is much weaker than their opponent, even if you added "oh, if it hits me I'm gonna die" monologue, yeah no shit that thing will never killed you, you're the MC and this is just the third episode for fuck sake, if anything it just ridiculous excuse made by the author (probably out of feeling of guilt and shame) for making such an obvious OP gary stu character.

Thank you for making this, I need it after watching this trash
Jan 28, 2022 7:11 AM
Apr 2021
This anime is bad, it certainly has one of the saddest animations I've ever seen by today's standards... it feels like I went back to the 90's
Jan 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
So a legendary dragon is nothing but a fancy carriage for him.

The demons are disappointing in this show.

Feb 3, 2022 3:08 PM

Dec 2016
AkeZZZ said:
Dragon Language is common knowledge..... HUH...!? We learn something new every day.

There are even translators that will translate into dragons' language.
https://www.thuum.org/translator.php
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 11, 2022 5:49 AM

Apr 2009
Yes, he is our "porter", but he's the god of porters too! LOL

Fortunately not only human magitek progress languished, the same things happened to the surviving demons that we expected and he did curb-stomped the 2 demons.

... and the dragon is just a carriage to him, I bet the red haired girl in the OP and ED was this dragon.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 25, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
Its kind of funny how the Black Dragon Iris went from deep and dark voice to girly voice fast.

The demons are stupid in this show.
Feb 25, 2022 8:29 PM
Mar 6, 2022 12:20 AM
Oct 2019
it's fine. i feel like it's not really living up to its potential though. the dialogue is just so bad. the plot itself could be good
Mar 16, 2022 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
The anime is ok but the MC talks too much imo. Looks like things are going to better in the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 21, 2022 4:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
These two demons got rekt, well deserved, and seems like they're hiding in a village so the main group is traveling there, lol I like the talking dragon she has a cute voice
May 7, 2022 12:55 PM

Jul 2015
I'm honestly disappointed by Matthias, it's already been two episodes but he still hasn't married his harem and slayed the demon king but only defeated two random goons.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Will we get a Sequel?

IndienRock - Oct 7

12 by diamondd24 »»
Oct 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

62 by JugNut001 »»
Aug 24, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2022

34 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2022

28 by curzon17 »»
Feb 3, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.