Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2021 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What was that big Radon at the start? It died fast but I wonder if there'll be more like that.

So the answer to mystery is in Mei and Yun's conversation? For now it seemed like a chat between friends as Haberu mentioned but I'm sure it'll make more sense later. Also nice, Yun finally knows it's Mei he's talking to.

Wow Lina can drive a car at her age, kind of surprised yet not. I mean I myself learnt how to drive car in my middle school years lol. Thou what I'm more interested in is that the song the Godzilla was emitting is from Lina's place. That certainly intrigues me, I wonder what's the connection.

Also talking about Godzilla, so that thing first came at Ashihara's village and obliterated it but it was killed back then. Ashihara was the sole survivor of the incident, no wonder he was so invested in this research.

Finally that last scene looked like a scene from hell, Godzilla running amok and creating havoc. Man gave me the chills for sure.

With each episode I'm loving this anime more and more. Really excited to see what all these events will lead to. Three more episodes to go.
May 26, 2021 10:05 AM

Jan 2021
I'm trying to understand some of what they're saying but if someone doesn't explain it to me, I'm lost...
That final scene was pretty epic
Now the battle against Godzilla begins ( ` ω ´ )
May 26, 2021 11:09 AM
Sep 2015
I'm glad Haberu "Barbell" Katou appears several times in this episode. I fall in love with his muscle, I hope there'll be a situation that will remove his cloth, not that I expect to see his little godzilla though. But the most surprising thing is that he can keep up with Yun Arikawa's lightspeed conversation with Mei Kamino, I kinda expect him to be "I've no idea what they're talking about" but he keep up and even make smart comments too! I hope he's not too smart for my taste.

Now focus on Godzilla, it's a sign that this Godzilla is on a good side, chaotic good though. It fights with Radon, and while it covers the whole city in fire, it doesn't seem to attacking human even when they're attacking it.
May 26, 2021 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, boi.

DAMN, BOI

HE
THICC

Seriously, that was so cool. Glad to see he's finally in the picture, and his atomic breath is amazing. The addition of a choir is *chef's kiss*. Blessed.
May 26, 2021 11:19 AM

Jun 2019
Well... Godzilla is a big chonky boy. We know that and he's no exception here. I'm still impressed with how advanced the AI is shown in this show. Pero saving the luggage was so cute.

Weirdly enough that MD5 hash had a rhythm to it. LMAO. Maybe I'm an idiot. IDK. LOL. The red smoke is really terrifying if you carefully think about it. That last scene was terrifying ngl and a true Godzilla moment. Holy hell.
May 26, 2021 3:31 PM

Jun 2017
It turns out the skeleton in the basement is indeed sentient.

Just when I thought there would be a cool fight with that giant Radon it got instantly killed. lol

That Godzilla death beam was really something as well and those last shots were just amazing with all the destruction.

May 26, 2021 4:42 PM

Jan 2009
damn what happened to Dr Li is she dead, her appearance on this episode is just a flashback

but looks like they gonna rewind time anyway by sending a message to the past and go full time travel

now Yun knows that he is talking to Mei all the time

that missile that killed the other big monster in India is that the Orthogonal Diagonalizer they are talking about hopefully it can kill Godzilla

and damn Godzilla with the atomic breath is cool as fuck

May 26, 2021 6:25 PM

Jul 2017
DANG, Godzilla IS ONE BIG BOI. And it can eradicate red dust? Not without knowing where the Singular Points may emerge from Ashihara's research. Nice that everything is slowly coming together.

The paradox of paradoxes, and a new messenger in place of Burns: Lina. Mei needs all the help she can get now, as is Yun piecing and aligning history with a code of MD5 Hash algorithm, Ashihara's pretty good at concealing information.

Going back in time to retrace history with a hidden message...that only sounds like a normal conversation between friends. More than finally knowing that Yun is talking to Mei, the discovery of the radio in the basement and the red dust triggered-song only transpires more havoc.

So the missile that Burns has experimented on, it can quickly kill giant beings, more than just the BGM being ripped off of the 1993 Godzilla game for the PC Engine CD (since Toho the company itself is connected with both music and animation and published the game) with Godzilla's hyper death beam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla:_Battle_Legends --> Spare me some thought for the old people in here, this is am average game, but still of classic Godzilla origin with all the connections well thought out.

A scene of chaos this is, and Godzilla is finally seen as one entire Singular Point.
KANLen09May 26, 2021 6:29 PM
May 26, 2021 6:48 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The way mr. kaiju san just made such a massive presence was one super cool thing to watch. I'm honestly surprised there's only 3 episodes left but it makes sense I suppose

May 26, 2021 9:35 PM
Apr 2018
Orga called. He wants his jaw back.
May 27, 2021 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Godzilla Ultima Too Epic and I can't see how this can end...
May 27, 2021 3:25 PM

Jul 2011
Was a big editing with Prof. Li death and Mei already in India.

Godzilla keep evolving, began the episode as the ugliest Godzilla and finished a more conventional Godzilla.

With that much Red Dust, Godzilla will become a strainer if they use that Javelin.
May 27, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
I have been enjoying this anime alot, all the science talk and the kaijus, a really good anime that it deserves atleast a 7 on MAL. I cant wait for the last 3 episodes.
May 28, 2021 8:24 AM

Mar 2020
Clas1ck said:
I'm trying to understand some of what they're saying but if someone doesn't explain it to me, I'm lost...
That final scene was pretty epic
Now the battle against Godzilla begins ( ` ω ´ )

for the first time im a bit lost too, I didn't quite get why the song started playing in the car in india, or what is the message that yun deciphered exactly saying, they should fly to godzilla in helicopter, that's it?
May 28, 2021 8:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well FINALLY we have GODZILLA and holy shit that was a BAD FUCKING ASS version of his atomic breath

i still don't know why they won't show people die though lol
May 29, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Finally godzilla appeared is the way that this kaiju act is very cool I didn't expect godzilla to have power.
May 30, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2013
man i enjoyed this episode so much the art was a m a z i n g (i mean i know it's not the highest tier but damn those monsters are drawn in such a satisfying way) also we're almost at the end and i can't wait to see what happens
Jun 2, 2021 11:32 AM

Feb 2007
As usual when it comes to Godzilla, it really sucks to be Tokyo...
Jun 2, 2021 9:25 PM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! I thought Professor Li was ok but, sadly it was just a flashback, their conversation in that flashback was pretty interesting though, with the sending of information into the past or future or something. Can't believe Yun and Mei's conversations will become a focal point in the deciphering of Ashihara's message, their conversations might actually be the prophecy itself from what I understood. And Yun finally knows who he's talking to, I hope they officially meet in person later on.

Damn, did Salunga get bigger or he just seemed smaller in that underground facility? That orthogonal diagonalizer rocket launcher was pretty cool though. Holy shit, Godzilla is now complete, he looks badass and t h i c c walking in the flames.
Jun 3, 2021 12:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Tbh, i certainly lost to their track record, as soon as these episode started. Last episode Yun and the rest of the peoples on the sea, and somehow they return to those house with emitting music again, which revealed to be some indian lullaby, if i'm not mistaken. Then, its revealed that the message between him and Mei contained a hint to solved their catastrophe problem. Solve it and you it'll makes sense. Sounds very strange and i am mostly don't understand. Lol. But, its still cool whatever it was. I hope it can be a little better explanations. Still, i prefer the idea of them to using the OD weapon directly to beat the Godzilla, and then its over. No need the time travel practices, to prevented any of thoses to begin in the first place. However, its an original story, so ....

Anyway, as everyone already mentioned above, Godzilla appearance absolutely stunning. A bit worried when the thing just appeared very short in the beginning. But, the end scene really nice. The 3dcg blend finely, bit rough on the certain points. But overall, and with all of those red dust background surrounding the Godzilla, well, idk what else i shall say rather than its amazed me, ngl.

Lets see what else i get in the next episode....
badabassJun 3, 2021 12:24 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 3, 2021 11:18 PM

Mar 2019
The Godzilla, Rodan, and Salunga scenes were great. The rest not so much.. They lost me with the sci-fi stuff ages ago so when I'm not watching action I feel disengaged with the show.
Jun 4, 2021 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
Godzilla is badass. I was drawn in second half. Story also intrigued more than before. Will Mei and Yun meet somewhere?
Mysteries involved in this show is well-made. I finally understood whole plot. Although I can't explain it.
Jun 7, 2021 7:57 AM

Dec 2016
Wait, that conversation with Prof. Li was a flashback? Why didn't they show what happened after Li went to save the cat? It looked like I skipped a episode.

When Lina said “What's your name” was it Bengali? It kinda sounded Bengali to me.

The Catastrophe has already started, how will they kill the Godzilla? I think that it might die and rot on its own like what happened with Radons.
Rickydory123Jun 8, 2021 10:55 PM
Jun 11, 2021 9:55 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting Giant Shadowly Rodan in the beginning, probably the first Rodan to evolved to that state... only to get one-shoted by Godzilla's Ring-of-Death... lol

And we see the Ring again at the end, except this time it's amplifier rings that lets it shoot LAZER.

Hmm... Yun trying to figure out how the predict future works.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 12, 2021 6:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Godzilla at the end looked very cute and kind, I want to hug it
Jun 12, 2021 8:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
_Joseph_ said:
Ashhk said:
That Godzilla at the end looked very cute and kind, I want to hug it

If you hug him he will welcome you with his "atomic breath" thing, but don't worry, it won't hurt you at all :D

It's just his own way to hug someone, there is no problem
Jun 12, 2021 9:50 AM

Feb 2007
_Joseph_ said:
Ashhk said:

You can always give him a handshake, he's always fine with that

Well, that's a familiar face...
Jun 12, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
_Joseph_ said:
Ashhk said:

You can always give him a handshake, he's always fine with that

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GlossyEvilHippopotamus-size_restricted.gif

I loved this, it was so funny. (all OG Godzilla films were fairly funny tbh)

But yea, OG Godzilla was more "tame" than the newer Godzilla, especially the end of OG Godzilla, miss that dude and his son.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 13, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
That Atomic breath animation is absolutely terrific.

So the dinner scene where Mei and Li were talking about paradoxes was a flashback, right?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 13, 2021 12:03 PM

Mar 2010
Its weird seeing godzilla just create Havoc and chaos.. I mean whats the end goal for it..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2021 6:15 AM

May 2020
DAMN. That was a glorious, glorious final scene with Godzilla. I really wasn't impressed by this version of Godzilla but the last 5 minutes of this episode just blew my fucking mind.

Look at this and tell me you didn't feel hyped.

Also, I can't believe this show is actually in 2030. It definitely explains why the AI is sooo advanced but I feel like 2030 would be a vastly different world from how 2020 is. The world of Godzilla S.P isn't that much more technologically advanced than ours is, at least from what I've noticed. Or do I just have unrealistically high expectations for the future ?
TitanInsaneJun 19, 2021 6:27 AM
Jun 26, 2021 11:03 PM
Jun 2017
I wonder if that village that was destroyer was the same that was trampled by Godzilla in Godzilla 1954 or Godzilla Strikes Again...

It was nice to see the homage they paid to Shin Godzilla.
Jun 27, 2021 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
Destruction of the city is mostly consequence of human actions. They could chase away Godzilla from the city instead of attacking her.
Jul 18, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
Wait, what happened with Dr. Li?

God damn Godzilla destroying Tokyo.
It's basically Sea of Fire now.
Aug 10, 2021 6:52 PM

Jun 2016
Godzilla has just gone and wrecked the whole neighbourhood. His design is pretty decent, but those eyes look so goofy, I can hardly take them seriously.

Who will call whom first? That's the only question that needs to be answered here...

Rip Li, maybe. Never mind her, those weapons that BB has developed (partly thanks to Mei) are pretty kickass. Where can I get one?

Sep 20, 2021 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
Mind boggling to see Ashihara having predicted Yun holding long chat sessions with Mei and encoding dates and times in a certain order to create a message out of their chat.

Godzilla's eyes still look wacky but damn that atomic breath scene was epic.

Oct 9, 2021 11:41 PM
Oct 2020
Episode 10 was a step up, while also a step down.

The step down was Yun investigating the paranormal at Ashihara’s house, which is something that he should have been doing since the first episode. Because wouldn’t it be intelligent for say investigators to return to their site of interest for as much information as they can find? Rather, this makes our protagonist look like an idiot, and this could have easily been solved had Yun stuck to the paranormal and had Mei stuck to fantastical biology… “and not the other way around.” – Ishiro Serizawa

Speaking of Mei, her part was both a step down and a step up. At the restaurant, I was a bit confused in how she would guess a number, and Li (who survived last episode) would point to a painting or ornaments consisting of guessed number, and that was supposed to show how time, prophecy, archetype work? I dunno. But the step with Mei is her introduction to Lina. She being that Indian girl. After being shown to be passive, she becomes active and saves Pelops from being snatched. In a way, she did remind me of Nakhl from Madlax. Though Nakhl has more characterization than Lina does at this point.

Also,

Now the big step up is Godzilla. His time on screen is of course reminiscent of Shin Godzilla, and it was pretty damn cool. That vocal take on his theme! I’m actually hyped to see the next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Mar 25, 2021

84 by Yugesai »»
May 22, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

78 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.