Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 11, 2020 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
hey guys anyone noticed the pencil and the footprints on the beach on the ending song? thats probably a hint that nanao is alive, at least thats the message that got through to me

a very nice start to a series, it can become really great if they keep up the pace
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Oct 11, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Asaburo said:
I saw a lot of people hating on Nana, but really? She's just exterminating people that could kill hundreds of millions
They are told to fight for the human race, why would they kill millions of people with that in mind, and she is a fuckin murderer, "why would we hate her".
Oct 11, 2020 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
Alvaritoterreos said:
Asaburo said:
I saw a lot of people hating on Nana, but really? She's just exterminating people that could kill hundreds of millions
They are told to fight for the human race, why would they kill millions of people with that in mind, and she is a fuckin murderer, "why would we hate her".
Exactly, it seems the world already accepted the Talented and placed them on an island to train them. The only argument of that dubious organization, is just ''Kill them cause they are kids that shouldn't have so much power'' and the MC goes ok makes sense...
Oct 11, 2020 2:46 PM

May 2020
There wasn't a better time to bring this anime lol. Among us Japanese version.

Nana isn't that smart cuz others are stupid, but still she has some credits due to her actuation, she's so good at it.
Oct 11, 2020 2:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow, this episode of Among Us was very interesting
Oct 11, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2017
Gotta admit putting earth over the frozen lake and tricking the time travel dude to go back and drown was genius from Nana. It was because the ice dude kept showing off earlier, indirectly making this kill possible lol. (although I don't know why fire dude didn't just melt it right away to return it to normal) Nana has it easy for now when the others are quite stupid. Hopefully Kyouya will put up an interesting battle of minds.
Oct 11, 2020 5:06 PM

Feb 2016
I feel like this anime could have been WAAAAAAAAY better if we didn't knew about Nana's true identity. Already knowing that Nana is the shady girl that is killing them makes this way more underwhelming, hopefully there's a twist later on that makes it worth, but so far, this is already wasted potential.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 11, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2012
Apparently, she hasn't realized that she's the monster.

How are you gonna pick off powered kids 1 by 1 w/o being noticed? Eventually, a few of them will notice too many sick days and check dorm rooms.

If he changes the past, how does she remember? And if she does, what about white hair?

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh, so the plot of this anime is simply something taken from the X-men where mutants were feared and the gov't tries to put them on a leash, but here them mutants started to abuse their powers and them so called "Talented" were also mutants whom were drafted tp fight off these mutants , but instead they themselves made things much worse than before, but in the end them ordinary humans won.

Pretty much my thoughts last week.
Oct 11, 2020 5:10 PM

Aug 2019
I hate Nana already
Oct 11, 2020 5:26 PM
Sep 2014
I know it’s in the series description AND TITLE , but I didn’t remember/realize till now that Nana is the MC lol wasn’t expecting it and I don’t like it. I was looking forward to Nanao and then that happened last week and now idk when he’ll be back :( and I find it so lame how she’s able to just kill them so easily. Like one episode, one kill. I wish it was more difficult so it had more impact.

Anyways, I’ll probably keep watching cause now I’m interested in Kyouya, but Nana is really pushing me to drop it. I just don’t feel like investing myself in her being a villain protagonist (granted she’s super manipulated and brain washed, but still).
Oct 11, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2020
Alvaritoterreos said:
Asaburo said:

Human impulses. Just like the episode said, when people have power they want to use them. When kids get control of nuclear powers and told are told to use it to save humanity, would all of them follow? Even if just one decided to not to follow, it would still lead to millions of deaths.
汝臣民ノ信仰心ニヨリ、生キ返リマシタ。明治天皇デアリマス。
Oct 11, 2020 5:52 PM

May 2019
Bruh this is like the worst type of edgy because you can't even root for the one doing the killing. She's killing simply because she was told that these kids maybe might possibly kill people at some point possibly.
The production quality and voice acting are good, but unfortunately that can't save a story that has no likable characters.
Oct 11, 2020 5:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
slightly better than the first episode but it's still just... eh, for now
Oct 11, 2020 6:49 PM
Feb 2020
This show is sooo good brooo. Definitely gonna end up rewatching this in like 2021. I have high hopes for this. I thought nanao was the mc though, either way this is f-cking amazing so far and i can't wait for more.
Oct 11, 2020 6:52 PM

Jan 2018
FUCKING BACK STABBING CUTE MURDEROUS PINK HAIR BITCH
Oct 11, 2020 6:56 PM

Mar 2019
finally second episode where the true setting of the context is explained, basically this world is like that of boku no hero with the big difference that here the humans with superpowers are bastards who by possessing easy power became arrogant and caused problems, nana is responsible for murdering them the use of intelligence and manipulation alone, no power ups, no nakama power, no gifted powers.
Oct 11, 2020 7:06 PM
Apr 2020
Among Us the Animation
Oct 11, 2020 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
this is still very Ehhh it's like i feel like you can do something good with this premise but that info dump at the start of worldbuilding kinda shot a lot of my hopes down for the quality of this world already went to shit over two cycle or so and now the current course of action is just kill em all with logic like that in the event they might turn out bad is fucked in it's own way and Nana just following orders makes me question how were suppose to be rooting for her.

right now everyone has been far too dumb outside of Kyouya so her big brain moments are kinda flat though sure i was confused for a bit on the time travel but it's always like that if you try to think too hard about it like how did her past self kno-i'm just gonna stop it's hurting my brain trying to think about how it works

will see how this turns out or if it gets worse so far 2 deaths and no bodies seems sus just like nana
Oct 11, 2020 7:19 PM

Nov 2016
Second kill for nana, she won't let any ugly boy steal the protagonism NEVER
Oct 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Jul 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Agent Nana. This is gonna be a fun ride for sure. Though I suspect that the MC from last week isn't actually dead.

Yeah I think he's still alive. Maybe a final showdown between the two at the end?
Oct 11, 2020 8:45 PM

Nov 2016
Asaburo said:
Alvaritoterreos said:

Human impulses. Just like the episode said, when people have power they want to use them. When kids get control of nuclear powers and told are told to use it to save humanity, would all of them follow? Even if just one decided to not to follow, it would still lead to millions of deaths.
Then, the answer to that shouldn't be, "let's get them all in a desserted island when they turn X years, away from the family and friends that could lead them in the right way, and let's send a 16yo murderer". Sounds like a shitty plot to me.
Oct 11, 2020 8:54 PM
Oct 2018
Lolbuz said:
Kijdenvoot said:
Okay I'm starting to understand the process of her using the lake to kill the dude, but why was there a need to dig a hole? It's not like the hole would appear in the previous day for him to fall through it into the water.

I think she didnt dig a hole, rather she dug over the frozen lake to hide it, making it look like the ground

i think it was to make sure that the poor shibusawa falls into the pond properly, viz, he wouldnt be able to stand his ground if there was a hole just near the pond.......

but still, that is a rather gruesome way of killing innocent kids..........

and their so called "potential" kill counts are just the government fuckholes suspecting them to kill humanity in the future...........i mean, if you performed ruthless experiments on kids, is it not obvious that they would retaliate? ??

About Nana, she seems like a victim...............but if she does get slaughtered by one of the students...........i will say that it is completely justified.......... i want her to become a villian and remain a villian and die like one(like light or betelguse)............if she turns into a good person and then everyone forgives her for killing innocent people...........imma seriously giving this show a fuckin' 3............

what are your thoughts??
Oct 11, 2020 8:56 PM

Oct 2016
Pink sus, though my pink haired murderer can't be this cute. Man poor Youhei, he didn't deserve that shit. I don't blame Nana though she has been brainwashed that killing all these talented is the right thing to do for humanity. But, I think she'll feel the guilt eventually.

I am really interested in the story right now, I might pick up the manga after the season if the story gets even more interesting. Hopefully not just, "Oh get close to this character then dead at the end of the episode" variety would be nice. I have some expectations for this show though hopefully it delivers, because it's pretty good so far.
Oct 11, 2020 9:04 PM
Apr 2018
tomarwan said:
It's like watching an anime version of Agatha Christie's "And then there were none". Definitely my cup of tea.

this is what I'm thinking, too!
Oct 11, 2020 9:14 PM

Jul 2017
This show makes me want to replay Danganronpa as that ridiculous franchise has far better or far more entertaining characters than this. This episode atleast showed Nana's perspective which was okay but the whole concept feels lacking for me and vague too somewhat without making me want to learn more.
Oct 11, 2020 10:36 PM

May 2012
The story of this anime really reminds me of Shinsekai yori. The backstory is almost the same, some humans start to awaken to their powers (in Shinsekai yori it was psychic powers) and after a while a war between those with powers and those without breaks out. The difference is that here the normal humans win and in Shinsekai yori those with powers win.

This episode was very very good. I'm actually surprised as i was thinking this anime would be trash. The anime has a higher score than the manga for some reason so maybe the story goes downhill later? I hope not.

inuvivo said:
Also I feel like this show tries to make nana look smart through making the others dumbasses I hope they show her intelligence in better ways

I don't think anyone there was acting dumb, they were just acting normally. Nana was sent there to kill them, but they don't know so she has clear advantage over everyone else there.
KaeUBWOct 11, 2020 10:40 PM
I despise woke people.
Oct 11, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2012
Alvaritoterreos said:
Asaburo said:

You can see that they are they are prone to use their powers in bad ways. The kid with the fire power launched a huge fireball towards everyone in the class and nothing happened because Nanao saved them. Imagine if all of those students were normal ones...they would have all died.

Have you never watched Shinsekai yori? That anime shows what can happen when people with power are free to do whatever they want. (it's totally worth watching...that anime is awesome)

Alvaritoterreos said:
Then, the answer to that shouldn't be, "let's get them all in a desserted island when they turn X years, away from the family and friends that could lead them in the right way, and let's send a 16yo murderer". Sounds like a shitty plot to me.

This is a way for them to make those with power unafraid and easy to deal with. If they openly say that every kid who develop powers will have to be killed then things will become troublesome. Not all parents will accept that and they will hide their kids power. This might lead to adults with power forming a group to attack the government and kill those "oppressing" them.
I despise woke people.
Oct 11, 2020 10:56 PM

Feb 2016
I can't believe Nakajima is really dead, I waited the entire week just to see if he was going to be fine, I legit thought Shibusawa was going to save him, maybe at the cost of his life or something like that without being able to tell anyone that Nana is a killer.

Showing Shibusawa this early felt like a really bad waste because time-traveling in a story like this is a HUGE deal, and yet the guy with that ability died immediately.

I hope, in some way or another, Nakajima will come back, he is a Main character, I've checked lots of promotional art for this anime (not going to manga territory until this finish airing) and he is always there, he appears in more places than Kyouya (lol), and I liked him, he was just another coward protagonist, but wasn't a bad character at all :c (If anyone knows what's going to happend, or if he is actually alive, pls don't spoil!)

I'm loving this series so far, good thing I waited for this to air (not gonna lie, I got interested on this just because Nana is cute uwu or so she seemed to be...)
StallionXDOct 11, 2020 11:04 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 11, 2020 11:46 PM
May 2020
Remember in ep 1 when Nana felt a gust of wind at the cliff. Well that was different from what the time traveling guy did right? dope
Oct 11, 2020 11:57 PM

Nov 2016
i like how i see some people compare this to among us
Oct 12, 2020 12:22 AM
Dec 2019
Oh, another anime where the woman its not the "real villain", or shes just doing a hard task or she was brainwashed, sooo sad 😭😭😭. Im out for this edgy shit, and i wish everything bad for the creator of this shit (if it is to be edgy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), amen.
Oct 12, 2020 12:44 AM

Aug 2020
BEST ACTRESS AWARDEE 2020 GOES TO HIIRAGI NANA
Oct 12, 2020 1:33 AM
May 2020
I 100% believe out of all the cast, Nana is the only one who got paid. She's acting so good. This show's title is wrong, Nana has talent.
Oct 12, 2020 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
Among Us: The Animation in a nutshell
Oct 12, 2020 2:58 AM
Feb 2016
Watching the episode make me want to mess nana's facial structure...but the ending shows her as a sad, victim herself, maybe she lost her family to those ability users? In 13eps, will she try to kill 13 people in each...??
Oct 12, 2020 3:18 AM
Jul 2020
I am confused why midoriya ripoff is a main character if he died in ep1
Oct 12, 2020 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
The glaring plot holes tho. Which is why "time travel" is hard to write about.
1. If the guy can't stay in the past when spotted, how was he able to punch someone in the classroom.
2. If he changes the past, all future will be instantly reconstructed, how the hell do they still have memory of the previous past.
Oct 12, 2020 3:53 AM

Apr 2014
Among Us the Animation: pink is sus!
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 12, 2020 4:53 AM

Jan 2015
Another great episode

Who’s gonna die next
Oct 12, 2020 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
i was actually expecting to drop this in this episode after that Nana reveal, but ... even if this was not what i wanted, Nana is still doing cute things, so i'm ok with it for now haha
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 12, 2020 5:07 AM

Oct 2008
(I hate to be right...)
I can say, with 90% sure of it, this was the worse 23 min. of anime I ever saw... Almost every single thing that I was concerned turn out to be right (except of someone's death, thank you spoilers!). I dropped this series!

It's soo obvious and soo easy to notice that actually makes me sick. How in the hell a recently called leader, the guy that everyone's talking about, is missing and no f*cking one cares? AND the only guy that thinks that it is strange is suspect to be an imposter... Worst of all, all people are dumb except the main (anti)protagonist and the guy that actually are there to do something but no-one likes him... And all that high-rank conspiracy... Those little (dam important) details... SO PAINFUL TO WATCH!!!

I'M DONE!! Sayonara!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 12, 2020 5:11 AM

Oct 2008
AkeZZZ said:
Among Us the Animation: pink is sus!

"It's one of the f*cking black guys!" - Daithi de Nogla (3rd imposter)(Among Us 2020)
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Oct 12, 2020 5:52 AM

Jul 2020
Didn't really enjoyed the episode that much. Everything was pretty predictable and I still couldn't care less about the characters. Maybe I'll drop this one if the third episode still got me bored.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 12, 2020 6:34 AM
Apr 2020
npandey said:
Lolbuz said:

I think she didnt dig a hole, rather she dug over the frozen lake to hide it, making it look like the ground

i think it was to make sure that the poor shibusawa falls into the pond properly, viz, he wouldnt be able to stand his ground if there was a hole just near the pond.......

but still, that is a rather gruesome way of killing innocent kids..........

and their so called "potential" kill counts are just the government fuckholes suspecting them to kill humanity in the future...........i mean, if you performed ruthless experiments on kids, is it not obvious that they would retaliate? ??

About Nana, she seems like a victim...............but if she does get slaughtered by one of the students...........i will say that it is completely justified.......... i want her to become a villian and remain a villian and die like one(like light or betelguse)............if she turns into a good person and then everyone forgives her for killing innocent people...........imma seriously giving this show a fuckin' 3............

what are your thoughts??
Playay said:
I 100% believe out of all the cast, Nana is the only one who got paid. She's acting so good. This show's title is wrong, Nana has talent.

Why would you think it that way?
Oct 12, 2020 6:41 AM
May 2020
28012001 said:

Why would you think it that way?

I'm just being satire
Oct 12, 2020 9:07 AM

Apr 2020
The humans could shoot a missile at the island and everything would be solved, but we need a plot and a crazy cute girl.

Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Oct 12, 2020 9:24 AM

Feb 2015
Metallica_Nero said:
I understand how she killed him but I'm a little confused regarding how does this time travel work exactly.

if he dies in the past, does this create a new timeline where basically most of this episode did not happen at all?
Some scenes make it look like the timeline changes but the characters keep their memories of what happened before the change. However, Nana later says that her memories were altered somehow. How does she even know that?

Fafette said:
I have been wondering the exact same thing. But I think we shouldn't question that too much, the show probably doesn't have the answer itself, that's the whole issue with time travel in fiction

The timeline only changes, if someone sees him (and he returns to the future). At least that's how I think it works, cause they mentioned it that much. Since nobody saw him and he drowned, he basically traveled to the past without any impact and his past self kept existing until the point where Nana sends him into the past and kills him.

Great episode! After the first episode I thought this would be rather weak, but I'm positively suprised :)
One of the most realistic things in this show has to be the wooden chopsticks breaking in the most unsatisfying way - love that detail :D
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 12, 2020 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Why many call her a bitch, I'm liking that girl.
Oct 12, 2020 1:42 PM
Feb 2020
you know, when i saw ep 2 would be time travel related back in ep 1 from a comment i expected something like Nana herself being sent from the future AFTER all those deaths in her phone happened. But the explanation was actually extremely dumb ´´These kids might kill people and have the probability of killing insert amount of people here if they do go that path.K lol cant be trusted kill em.´´and she s the MC, this reasoning would work if she was the antagonist and wasnt revealed early but as the main character...not so much.
North25Oct 12, 2020 1:55 PM
Oct 12, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2017
Man, Nana is pretty scary 😨

She's lucky that Shibusawa is so deluded by the idea of being a hero cause the way she just suddenly blurted out that Nakajima was eaten by an Enemy to Humanity was so sus!

I'm also shook by the fact that Nakajima is actually dead... the promo & last weeks ep did a great job of making you think he was the MC but it looks like Onodera and Nana are actually the mains.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.