Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2009 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love the OP. It gets you so pumped up. :P

Hm. Well at least it looks like Goro and Fuji will be able to change their minds, but I hate how he's back with a no name team. Sure, for Little League gathering members was interesting because they were young and could grow from a young age, but now it just seems weird. I didn't like Kaido, but now I wish he were still at Kaido since at least they had an actual team with skilled players. Ugh. Hurry up and get into the Minors at least Goro!

It worries me to know that Season 4 has a lower score than this season. Hm.
GrimmmDec 15, 2009 10:44 AM
Jul 13, 2010 12:16 PM

Jan 2008
If he's gonna beat Kaidou with a team like that, this show will lose all credibility ><

Though I do hope the teammembers will get a little more enthousiastic than this ^^
Dec 9, 2011 6:31 AM

Aug 2010
Of course they will, they'll still be the Goro support group but they'll end up being good.
fuck everything and rumble
Jan 23, 2012 10:08 AM
Apr 2011
Lol great, now not only did he get into a school with no name baseball team, the players are all just..... There's no way they're gonna beat Kaidou with this team. Even just against a team that is nowhere near Kaidou level, and they're at 1-2.
I still don't like Goro's attitude about doing everything himself. Baseball is a team sport. I really dislike how Goro is so arrogant to think that he can beat every team up to and including Kaidou, and that he's forcing the 'members' to play even though they obviously don't want to.

Super anti-Goro hahaha.
devilzzyJan 23, 2012 10:14 AM
May 5, 2012 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
All I can say is, the last season is better than this one. Opps sorry, I meant to say that I like the last season more than this one.
devilzzy said:
Lol great, now not only did he get into a school with no name baseball team, the players are all just..... There's no way they're gonna beat Kaidou with this team. Even just against a team that is nowhere near Kaidou level, and they're at 1-2.
I still don't like Goro's attitude about doing everything himself. Baseball is a team sport. I really dislike how Goro is so arrogant to think that he can beat every team up to and including Kaidou, and that he's forcing the 'members' to play even though they obviously don't want to.

Super anti-Goro hahaha.

Its not that Goro doesn't want team play, its just that those retards won't co-operate with him. Didn't you see that Goro wanted that dude to catch the ball, but that retarded keep fooling around? Didn't you see that Goro improve with the Dream Island group last season? Well, maybe because he wanted to improve more and more, that you guys see him as an independant player.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 27, 2012 12:30 AM

Jun 2009
Natsu12345 said:
All I can say is, the last season is better than this one. Opps sorry, I meant to say that I like the last season more than this one.
devilzzy said:

Super anti-Goro hahaha.

Its not that Goro doesn't want team play, its just that those retards won't co-operate with him. Didn't you see that Goro wanted that dude to catch the ball, but that retarded keep fooling around? Didn't you see that Goro improve with the Dream Island group last season? Well, maybe because he wanted to improve more and more, that you guys see him as an independant player.

I think they are just seeing what ever they want to see. I think they are confusing "independent" with "selfish". Now, Goro has been selfish at points in the series but I'm not feeling it here. I find it kind of admirable he forwent the easy route of playing with Kaido and decided to play against them instead.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 13, 2013 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Well there's going the easy route, the hard route, and the realistically impossible route. This season being the 3rd option. He goes to a school with 7 other boys who he has no choice but to make them play baseball otherwise he is screwed. So yeah it is forcing them when he had to make an insane bet like this.

I hope the teacher catches onto this and makes Goro see he can NOT do everything himself.
May 28, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2014
This season is killing me. This would have been a bit better if the author gathered the Little League team! Where the hell did Sawamura and everyone enrolled? It would be good to have some reunion episodes. Ah, I'm so depressed. This is a difficult situation. How the hell can you force someone to play baseball for you? *sigh*

Even if Goro got this team to work, one's experience is playing a big role. While you're here training rookies, Kaidou player's level is getting high. Even Goro himself got this good in baseball because he's already practicing and training himself at a very young age.

If Goro would win against Kaidou with this team, that would be unreasonable. Kaidou players are giving their all and they would just lose to this kind of team?! What the hell is that!? You underestimating Kaidou?

I'm sorry but I just don't find this believable anymore if that happens. Goro's goal would have been 90% attainable if it's with Komori and everyone.
violityMay 28, 2014 11:46 AM
Dec 31, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
Okay, now almost positive that the dude with the whiskers (honestly don't know what those lines on his face are supposed to be), is either a catcher or capable of playing one. Honestly when I first saw the group of guys I thought he would be it since he just had the look of it, but I think I was right. It would be ironic if the reason he quit baseball was because he tried and failed to get into Kaido (I can just see that being the case). Anyways, kind of hoping they win now . . .
Apr 15, 2015 5:34 AM

Aug 2013
For the time being that Tashiro no yarou acts like a complete asshole, but in the near future I'm sure he will be the backbone of the new team. I'm looking forward to it! And I'm glad Fuji seriously tries to do his best even if he's totally inexperienced in baseball.

Pirating_Ninja said:
It would be ironic if the reason he quit baseball was because he tried and failed to get into Kaido (I can just see that being the case). Anyways, kind of hoping they win now . . .

Probably :)
Jun 30, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
Yeah, fuck Tashiro. No one like Tashiro, go in your corner.

So Fujii is the new catcher. At least, he's motivated, which is a nice plus. Now, all he need is to make Tashiro stop bitching, since he seem to know how to play, and get new player next year.

Am I the only one smelling netorare between Shimizu and Fujii..? Dear God, I hope not. May he have mercy on our poor souls.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
devilzzy said:

Super anti-Goro hahaha.

why would he co-operate him? he's being forced to play.
Aug 7, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
This will be so difficult. I don't know how it will happen.
Oct 14, 2015 3:21 AM

Sep 2010
I just realized something.

This story's main purpose was to promote baseball with Japanese's youth to play baseball. It's only natural that there is already third story about newbies suddenly trying and beating the best. Show the unrealistic scenario, maybe someone will believe it.

If this process would be starting in the first year, and eventually Koishen at year three then maybe I would buy it, with Goro being so OP. This scenario however... NOPE! Especially when there is one team that is all full stars.
Nov 13, 2015 4:43 AM

Nov 2015
I wish Tashiro would stop being a little bitch, whining and whining like that.
Honestly, isn't it him himself that's being an embarrassment, I know I'm being childish but if I were there I would laugh and laugh and laugh and point, I mean, is it so hard to throw a ball back?

Someone should fucking slug him in the face.
Mar 25, 2016 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
I hate it when shows have a completely despicable character(s) just to have them do a 180 in one episode so that they can be part of the team/group. Good character growth gets thrown out the window and we're just supposed to deal with it because he's part of the "good guys" now. Just a matter of time until they do it with Tashiro.

Also, someone's gotta put Miho in her place already whenever she starts acting like a bitch to Fuji. Dude's trying to help out and she just keeps putting him down just because of an accident that happened in freaking elementary school.
Apr 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2013
They will need a lot of training, and with some luck there will be good first year players coming.
Aug 31, 2016 11:16 AM

Feb 2008
Well it's not like he's a bad guy, he probably just had bad experience with base ball in the end, just like Yamane. Goro claiming he can do everything by himself would probably push him the other way as well. Good to know that at least one person will have some experience in the club.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 30, 2017 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
Eh. Even if Fuji, Tashiro, and the to-be-introduced first year player work their butts off and become legitimately good, I don't see three good players and one fantastic player beating Kaidou. That's stretching my suspension of disbelief pretty thin.

Even though I was fine with Gorou leaving Kaidou, I think I might have preferred that he stayed in Kaidou if it was going to be like this. He should have let his dad use his connections to get him into a better school imo. He would still get to fight Kaidou, and it would have been with a team that was actually good even if they weren't incredible.

I'm not going to preclude my mind from being changed of course, but I just don't see it at the moment.

Having Gorou lose against Kaidou and thus fail to reach Koshien would be an interesting development though, if the writer would be gutsy enough to write the story that way (which I doubt). If he discovered the limits of himself through something like that, it could make future seasons a lot more interesting.
Jan 17, 2018 11:54 PM

Sep 2011
Leave it to Shimizu actually being able to catch those monster fast balls.
Mar 8, 2019 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Loving the opening.

Shimizu is back o.o I wish she could play with Goro together in one team.

Its simple as always, but it works. One guy which dislikes baseball because of his past. And he will obligatory join the team. Hating him right now ... but I am sure Im going to like him sooner or later. As I do with Fuji.

The story just works even if you can see alot of stereotypes.
My only regret is having regrets!
Jun 14, 2020 4:16 AM
Dec 2018
They have a year to train the team and we saw the improvement Goro did in a few months. Also he didn't choose to go to a no name baseball school. He was gonna go to Mifune but said nah Yamane is the Ace I don't wanna steal that. Then every other school refused because Egashira (dickhead business guy) pretty much blacklisted him from the schools with baseball teams. He didn't want his dad to pull strings because that would likely put him with a team similar to Kaido in strength, and the whole reason he left was cause he didn't want an easy win. He didn't want an impossible challenge, but it was forced on him so he's gonna do everything he can to win the .01% he's got currently.
Jul 22, 2020 9:11 AM

Dec 2007
from the moment i saw all the boys in the field i knew it have something with goro's bets.
i really hate those other guys, as i know major those guys eventually will be goro's teammate, i wonder how they will make them likeable then.
fuji on the other hand actually start to be more likeable from the previous episodes, though not to be komori or toshi he have the sport anime boy thing about him.
and poor shizumu goro needed to drag her in.
i believe this season start to be better and better than the previous one.
Oct 16, 2021 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
Tashiro wasn't uncooperative but just a major dick by throwing the ball away there.

Well nice and all that Goro confirms he's serious with the one-man show by creating a club at Seishuu just to see how far he can go with his own strength, but this ain't no Little League as starting in final year of highschool with (possible) weak teammates like that is just a big no.

Dec 9, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2016
Everyone is insulting the new bad guy, and anyone is saying good things about Fuji.

I'm liking Fuji pretty fast.

And the team... Well, they don't have to win this year.
Let's see what happens.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alfe - Oct 1, 2007

51 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:25 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 25 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 27, 2007

36 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 23 Discussion

hyakuiro - Aug 26, 2007

21 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 3 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 14, 2007

34 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:35 PM

Poll: » Major S3 Episode 2 Discussion

Xinil - Feb 4, 2007

30 by Bigdog77778 »»
Oct 26, 2022 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.