Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 14, 2020 1:43 PM

May 2014
Holy shit I'm in love with this.. The visuals, the concept, everything.. Loved our main 3 characters too! I really can't wait to see more of this.

PLUS the ED and OP are addicting AF! I keep replaying them

Jan 14, 2020 1:51 PM

May 2014
StarFire_ said:
2020 and people still think that possibly having gay characters = yaoi. Why
This. It's 2020 and people still haven't grown up?

Jan 14, 2020 2:22 PM

Jun 2015
ysphyr said:
Just when I thought Katsuragi couldn't get more unlikable... What's his role in this organisation anyway? He doesn't seem to have any special abilities (except from extra douchiness).
He has probably some kind of manager type role. Gets told by his boss(es) what to do and needs to get that shit done by relegating that shit to the ppl who have the actual abilities. Just like the modern day working system lol.
Jan 14, 2020 2:48 PM

Nov 2019
Kenji is a misogynist, who knew..

Jan 14, 2020 2:50 PM

Nov 2019
Pretty nice episode 7.5/10
Definitely better than the first episode
I' a lil more interested in the show now and the soundtracks fireeeeee
Jan 14, 2020 6:19 PM

Jan 2018
I'm a little bit confused but I guess I have to throw my two cents here. So, the peak is some sort of a good part of a human's memory while the valley is the bad one. If they are going to make a person live without "crushing", they have to change the person's peak.

This cognitive anime is still not sinking up to me quite well, but I hope that it will be further developed.

Also, this show has some yaoi-ish tendencies imo... Don't like it.
Follow-up edit: Ohh, the manga's author is a girl. Even though it's seinen, it is definitely having yaoi-ish vibes.
Nainu_Jan 14, 2020 6:23 PM
Jan 14, 2020 9:58 PM

Jun 2014
this_shit_again said:
Hayashi is Matasaburo, Hiroki is a goldfish and Tsukasa is Undine. Satoru's 'spirit form' remains a mystery..

Satoru image is just a door.

ysphyr said:
Just when I thought Katsuragi couldn't get more unlikable... What's his role in this organisation anyway? He doesn't seem to have any special abilities (except from extra douchiness).

He does have a kind of hypnosis but not as strong as the other characters because he doesn't have an image. (Hayashi image is wind. Hiroki is a goldfish Tsukasa is water and Satoru image is a door). I think those image makes it easer to travel through memories.
Jan 14, 2020 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Hmm, I'm starting to understand the concepts in this show but the presentation is a bit... all over the place. I do think this anime has potential to be 8+/10 if everything is explained properly later on. It's much more interesting than the other mystery anime of this season like ID:Invaded.

Oh, and I don't mind the BL stuff. It would be interesting if the main pair had something going on.
Jan 15, 2020 12:41 AM

Nov 2019
Hitwoman said:

Satoru image is just a door.

Thanks, I completely missed that.

I just noticed it's the Everywhere Door from Doraemon. He kept watching it all day when he was in his 'catatonic' state as a child. I wonder if it's similar for the others, e.g. Hiroki staring at a fish bowl all day..
this_shit_againJan 15, 2020 2:42 AM
Jan 15, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
This is such an interesting show. Hopefully, it'll continuing exploring these concepts in this trippy way.

Mayuka said:
Hmm, I'm starting to understand the concepts in this show but the presentation is a bit... all over the place.

I feel like that's intentional. I may just be talking out of my ass, but it seems to me like the show is saying that these peaks and valleys, and memories in general, aren't completely logical or straightforward.
Jan 15, 2020 2:57 AM

Sep 2016
1evis-asshole said:
Orikasa_Momiji said:
I can't believe the rating is this low for the show. I think it's quite decent after watching this ep.
The next ep is OK, but ep#4-6 are super amazing. They totally got me hooked.
You guys would never guess what would happen in the following eps.

Where did you see all of that? Or are you talking about the manga?

Episode # 3-6 were released a few days ago for VIPs in my area.
No, I have no idea about the manga. That's why I'm amazed by what happened.

Jan 15, 2020 3:42 AM

Mar 2009
this_shit_again said:

His abusive step-mother certainly warped his views on women.
MormegilJan 15, 2020 3:46 AM
Jan 15, 2020 4:21 AM

Sep 2016
Thunderhead00 said:
Just a personal opinion.

I think that episodes 1 and 2 should have been combined to make an hour episode. That would have been much better.

Well, ep# 1 & 2 were released at the same time in JP.
Jan 15, 2020 5:10 AM

Feb 2012
Wow that was legit. I'm absolutely loving it so far. It's a crazy concept and the writer must've been thinking it up for a while.

Absolutely off its rocker. This is art.
Jan 15, 2020 2:32 PM
Dec 2019
First episode was confusing. This episode cleared some things up but it's still boring to me. I'll give it a couple more episodes.
Jan 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Nov 2019
Mormegil said:
this_shit_again said:

His abusive step-mother certainly warped his views on women.

A child's (unconscious) feelings towards his mother is only part of the equation in the development of the psychological complexes shown. But maybe i'm just overanalysing the scene..
this_shit_againJan 16, 2020 12:25 AM
Jan 16, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2019
Back in episode 1..

Shade..

There's a reason why he can't use an image. I don't see that ever changing..
this_shit_againJan 16, 2020 5:26 AM
Jan 16, 2020 3:16 PM

May 2017
This episode was good, now i understand how it works.^^

Darklycan51 said:
I'm loving this anime, thank god maltards don't decide what gets made as an anime.

YES!! thank God.
Jan 16, 2020 5:43 PM

Jul 2016
ZoroZoldyck said:
Holy shit I'm in love with this.. The visuals, the concept, everything.. Loved our main 3 characters too! I really can't wait to see more of this.

PLUS the ED and OP are addicting AF! I keep replaying them

Yeah I really enjoyed the first two episodes... unsure why the rating is so low...
Jan 16, 2020 11:26 PM

May 2016
I like it.

Also inb4 Katsuragi actually can image, and is secretely controlling the 3/keeping them in check with their own false memories.
I think the fact that Hiroki got the "jump" on him/managed to alter him with the cigarette thing could be a plot point if that's the case--he's getting too powerful!

With these sorta Inception-y stories you absolutely cannot trust ANY character or ANYTHING shown to you
and I love that

There definitely has to be A traitor among them, or some false things shown already, right??

ZaugrJan 16, 2020 11:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2020 2:39 AM

Nov 2019
Zaugr said:

Also inb4 Katsuragi actually can image, and is secretely controlling the 3/keeping them in check with their own false memories.

Mmm, I'd have to disagree..
  • He got himself almost completely crushed in Yokota's valley, Satoru had to save him.
  • He's been whining for two episodes about how he can barely keep up.
  • Hiroki trapped him in one of his own memories
  • Once you understand how their abilities work, you'll know why he can't use an image while others can.

Zaugr said:

I think the fact that Hiroki got the "jump" on him/managed to alter him with the cigarette thing could be a plot point if that's the case--he's getting too powerful!

Hiroki and Satoru are the most powerful empaths we've seen shown so far. Not counting Hayashi, we've seen little of him.

Jan 17, 2020 5:56 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, this episode should clear up most people's complaints about what was left unclear last time. I figured most of it myself, but it was nice to have all the details touched upon.
Jan 17, 2020 6:14 AM

Dec 2017
1evis-asshole said:
electromagneto said:
The yaoi vibes kinda ruined the enjoyment for me, but still tolerable with the superb explanation of the previous episode. Great episode overall.

It's so crazy how these gifted individuals choose(?) to use their abilities to commit/assist crimes. Guess we'd need to learn more about it.

It's not yaoi. Honestly Hiroki seems to have a crush on Tsukasa so you'll just have to get used to the /romantic/ choice this series might be making or drop it.
I don't think I should drop it just because I'm not into BL. Besides, we don't get that many mystery/psychological series by the way, so I'd just stick with what we got.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 17, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2016
this_shit_again said:
Zaugr said:

Mmm, I'd have to disagree..
  • He got himself almost completely crushed in Yokota's valley, Satoru had to save him.
  • He's been whining for two episodes about how he can barely keep up.
  • Hiroki trapped him in one of his own memories
  • Once you understand how their abilities work, you'll know why he can't use an image while others can.

Zaugr said:

Hiroki and Satoru are the most powerful empaths we've seen shown so far. Not counting Hayashi, we've seen little of him.

False memories man, you can't trust anything. He's the odd one out of the 3 right now, so hell nah am I going to trust him. His apparent "weakness" is being pushed so hard on us too..

Also the Organisation must have someone to keep watch and control amongst them rightt??
ZaugrJan 17, 2020 11:35 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2020 1:30 AM

Jan 2016
wow, this just keeps getting worse. This episode was even more confusing than the last one. The characters are all shit.
Jan 19, 2020 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
This anime is getting gayer and gayer with every episode. I stan.
Jan 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2009
This was pretty solid, I had hard times keeping up some details since I'm really bad with names, but it's definitely intriguing.

A shame I can't seem to find any info on the manga, I would like to see how faithful this adaptation is.

Jan 19, 2020 8:25 PM

Feb 2018
I wish the relationship between Tsukasa and Hiroki would evolve in another direction actually lol. However, my shipping them will probably be in vain lol
Jan 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Apr 2019
I enjoyed this episode more compared to the previous one because things were explained/ shown & I wasn't left with confusion lol

If it keeps it up, I'm surely gonna stay for the concept & art!

Also, the speaking private parts of that woman xD
Feb 3, 2020 3:42 PM

Aug 2018
WTF? Is going on?
6/10
Feb 25, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2017
This show has an interesting concept but it’s inconsistent in executing it. Ep 1 and ep 2 should have been 1 episode of 40-43 min.

Ofc its better than the first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 25, 2020 7:17 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see bit more information on what happened last episode from the other side

Katsuragi is quite the evil dude, if not for Hiroki and Tsukasa Kenji would have probably had the same fate as Yotoka

Jun 28, 2020 10:16 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I like ED way better then the OP. This episode did a good gob of explaining how the process of crushing someone and altering minds work. I don’t like Hiroki’s VA, I can tell he a novice at this line of work.
Aug 3, 2023 11:28 PM
May 2020
Meio confuso, mas explicou em partes o q aconteceu no 1º episódio e o conceito de "vale" e "pico" das memórias de uma pessoa. Aliás, parabéns pra atuação do Ueda e do Taniyama nesses personagens (sempre bom ouvir a voz do Taniyama hehehe)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.