Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 9, 2019 12:33 PM

Dec 2016
This was pretty great, loved being in the Re Zero world again
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 11, 2019 10:08 AM

Jan 2014
Seeing Emilia drunk was ADORABLE AF AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Very fun watch <3
Jun 11, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2016
It wasn't really Re:zero hearing Megumin first half of movie, but then it got cute and all and it was kinda allright. Even though it was really some Rem and Emilia and fun of Subaru for funbois, otherwise it was really about nothing. Filler, but pleasant one after years without Re:zero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2019 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
a lot better than i expected, SOL content wasn't the best part of Re;Zero but it still very enjoyable, wish it dip into more serious tone or give character more characterization (like scene toward the end was great) but it not what this OVA is for obviously

so i'll take these fanservice/all this relaxed moments to the fullest, thank you very much!
Jun 13, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
How to avoid dealing with backlash when it comes to underage drinking.

It was nice to see the characters in their usual environment*has Isekai Quartet in mind* but as someone who liked Re:Zero for the drama and the plot, I gotta say that it was just ok.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2019 7:28 PM

Mar 2012
I get this is supposed to be an entertaining rather than substantive OVA, but Rem was positively cringy. I don't remember her ever getting like that even toward end of the season, so I hope this was more of an exception than a sign of what's to come. Because if that's her method of interaction with Subaru from here out...yikes.
Jun 14, 2019 4:54 AM

Dec 2013
You realize it was Google TL'd, right?
No real subs as for now.
Jun 14, 2019 5:58 AM
Jul 2015

Good sales, I guess.

Jun 14, 2019 10:19 AM

Feb 2017
what the hell ram and rosewaal doing WTFF

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jun 14, 2019 12:49 PM
Jan 2017
evoniee said:
what the hell ram and Rosewaal doing WTFF

Well it is bit of a spoiler for Arc 4 to say clearly what they are doing that allows Roswaal to keep his mana under the limit, but is nothing really shocking.

The only thing I can say without spoilers for season 2, is what you see them doing in Arc 2 (episodes 4-11), where ram sits on Roswaal's lap and he does something to the hole where her horn was.

Now that I think about it, that does sounds a bit scandalous if I don't phrase it correctly.
Jun 14, 2019 12:53 PM
Jan 2017
zannett said:
I get this is supposed to be an entertaining rather than substantive OVA, but Rem was positively cringy. I don't remember her ever getting like that even toward end of the season, so I hope this was more of an exception than a sign of what's to come. Because if that's her method of interaction with Subaru from here out...yikes.

Well, she is indeed a bit like that most of the times, but this was in a span of a long ova so it felt like too much.

Although, in the future you won't have to worry about her being so "cringy"...
Jun 14, 2019 1:58 PM
Nov 2018

Konosuba reference! And actually, before the Isekai Quartet
Jun 14, 2019 9:46 PM
Dec 2017
So anyone know why ram blushed when roswaal said he released his energy on the weekends?
Jun 15, 2019 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
i dont exactly remember when Subaru obtained the date approval by emilia.
did it happen in the 1st season? if yes can someone remind me the exact scene or ep? ive watched re zero a long time ago so i dont remember a lot honestly lol.
and sry for not-so-good english.
Jun 15, 2019 6:51 PM
Apr 2018
It was what I was expecting, a movie that wouldn't move the plot forward and with more comedy. What did surprise me were Puck's flashback, Ram's blushing and what was said to Emilia about what could happen in one year; mainly because I didn't think this ova would have any connection or references to future events in the series.

Rem was adorable. Emilia too.

@BestJo I think by episode 6, the one with Rem and the ball and chain, Subaru had already got the approval from Emilia. Maybe you should check out episode 5.
SaiDrewJun 15, 2019 6:55 PM
Jun 15, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 2015
3位 Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 Memory Snow 限定版【Blu-ray】 アニメーション 8,348枚
The sales still strong. 5th was also Memory Snow so I guess it took above 10K. Hopefully season 2 will be a success.
https://ranking.oricon.co.jp/#loc_y0

Jun 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Apr 2018
Well this is a good ova. No dying and depression whatsoever just pure cuteness!
A new religion can be born out of this, REMILIA
Jun 16, 2019 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
I didnt care for this movie. To me, it was tedious and a chore to watch.
Nothing happens. Totally forgettable.
Jun 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
ManhDang94 said:
The sales still strong. 5th was also Memory Snow so I guess it took above 10K. Hopefully season 2 will be a success.

Correct, they are just over 10k which is great result. Pretty much inline withe S1 sales.

https://twitter.com/kamiyan096/status/1138398407976988672
Jun 17, 2019 1:30 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
ZenL said:
So anyone know why ram blushed when roswaal said he released his energy on the weekends?

i want know too !!
is he **?? xD
Jun 17, 2019 5:40 PM

Sep 2014
Absolute waste of time.
Jun 18, 2019 12:27 PM

Nov 2018
The subs in the version I watched were borderline horrible. Some sentences were okay-ish, but many were just :/ Hurt the enjoyment, but I won't hold it against the movie itself.
Hmm it was okay I guess. The ending song was nice, and more Emilia and Betty were nice to see. Rem too. Ram was entertaining as well. Subaru was super-loud tho, but I guess, aside from his traumatic experiences, I found him too loud for my taste to begin with.
Honestly, I expected better as I remember the s1 fondly.
OrangeCloudsJun 18, 2019 12:31 PM
Jun 19, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2017
Well, that was a very good movie, 8/10. Character developments here and there and most especially, drunk Rem and Emilia, so cute!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 20, 2019 4:21 AM
Jul 2015
Jagd84 said:
ManhDang94 said:

Correct, they are just over 10k which is great result. Pretty much inline withe S1 sales.

3位
Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 Memory Snow 限定版【Blu-ray】
アニメーション
1,509枚
Above 12K now

Jun 20, 2019 6:45 PM
Jan 2019
I loved this OVA. It was very funny, wonderful and really beautiful. I did not stop laughing in almost all the OVA with the funny scenes, and some references to other series, like: KonoSuba, Dragon Ball and Zoids 😂.
The snowman, the combination between Subaru and Roswald, was too much for me. I almost had a fit of laughter. LOL 😂😂😂.
I had forgotten how beautiful Rem and Emilia are. Seeing both drunks made them even more beautiful, and it was funny 😅. Subaru is a lucky and a genius for making the Snow Festival 👌.

The final scenes of the OVA, in which everyone is observing the sky and all those lights begin to shine, was something really beautiful. This animation studio showed off with this work.

Exactly in what period this event takes place, since there was a scene where members of the "Cult of the Witch" are observed? Did this happen before Subaru and the others defeated him? Why did not they show us the "appointment" of Subauru and Emilia: 'v ?. What was Pack referring to when he said "The wound inside you, the magic wound, plus the wound that that girl left you?" Well, we only have to wait for the second season.

PS: This OVA is positioned in my list of favorite OVAs, next to the OVA of Mob Psycho de Reigen, and some OVAs of One Piece xD.
Jun 21, 2019 9:33 AM
Jun 2015
I only found a version with very badly spoken English combined with Japanese... Will there be a version with an English dub? I really couldn't stand it.
Jun 21, 2019 10:24 AM
Jun 2019
WolfDBreidi said:
Exactly in what period this event takes place

Between ep11 and ep12.
WolfDBreidi said:
What was Pack referring to when he said "The wound inside you, the magic wound, plus the wound that that girl left you?" .
Puck didn't say this. Just bad subs. He said "The wound on his belly and a wound from demonbeast bite. The boy got these wounds because of Lia's actions, don't forget it".
zafhos_28Jun 21, 2019 10:29 AM
Jun 21, 2019 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
Sooooo boring ova :/ I needed to forward lots of mins (shouting subaru's mind is just too similar to konosuba that I hate mostly), only good in this ova was beatrice
Jun 21, 2019 8:06 PM

Mar 2010
ManhDang94 said:
Jagd84 said:

3位
Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活 Memory Snow 限定版【Blu-ray】
アニメーション
1,509枚
Above 12K now

Nice to see it still hanging around the top ten

racalniog said:
I only found a version with very badly spoken English combined with Japanese... Will there be a version with an English dub? I really couldn't stand it.

From what I heard yeah.
Jun 24, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2013
this is definitely the cutest ova ever =D

favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 26, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
Was Beatrice checking defensive spells on the place or something in the morning?..
Emilia is acting strange..
Just why it is so cold inside as well.. Can't they heat up the place, or something?..
Wait, is that winter scene from Konosuba?.. lol
Rem is being really nice or loving to Subaru.. Well, it's time after they had that talk, I suppose..
Hatsumaki, huh..
Wait.. Puck and Emilia used to live in the woods together?..
And Pucks' winters become harsher?.. Oh, not a good news.. Sounds like foreshadowing this eventually going all out, with all its' danger..
Leaving place for a bit is a good solution, to be honest.. Reasons why they couldn't do so, were just ridiculous, really.. Well, it seems that plot requires us to stay or something, maybe..
What is this comedy, lol.. I don't know, how I feel about it..
I wonder, how Beatrice releases her Hatsumaki, or "od", or mana.. Shame, we didn't get to learn more of it.. But more of Roswaal and Ram..
Festival is a good idea.. ;p
Yep, thought that Ram and Rem would create Subaru and Roswaal somehow..
Puck in cup.. lol
I'm totally Beako at parties, lol.. I really would like to learn more about Beatrice's character.. Why she's like this, what is her past, and other things..
Hm.. Emilia got some wounds, hm?.. That can possibly be connected to Subaru liking Emilia less?.. Hm?.. And some girl involved..
Overall, pretty enjoyable movie.. ;p Got to see more of the characters I like..
Jun 27, 2019 3:02 PM
Oct 2018
story was nothing special, and the first 30-40 minutes can be skipped without missing anything. the thing that saved this movie was rem and emelia drunk. blooddy hell was that amazing/ cute.
Jun 30, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2012
Comments on the Internet about this OVA made me remember the worst things that happened with ReZero's fandom and not only. It seems that a huge bunch of people watched it only in order to resurrect the disgustingly toxic Rem vs Emilia, not to mention another delirium of yuri fanboys trying to turn one short scene into a real ship.

I understand everything, but damn, people, why should any mention of Rem or Emilia have to be accompanied by a terrible ship war?
Jun 30, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing Roswaal reminded me of Isekai Quartet. And also saw that Konosuba reference.

Overall, it was a fine movie.

Jun 30, 2019 9:19 AM

Oct 2017
This was such a gentle and beautiful movie , It was a nice change of pace from usual Re:Zero events. I missed this series so much and I'm so happy to see somthng from this series again. Rem best girl ever.Just freaking loved the cute moments in the movie,specially drunk Emilia & Rem was super cute af.
MegamiRemJun 30, 2019 11:38 AM
Jun 30, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2016
After watching this movie I know that the concept of #teamrem and #teamemilia is trash. The true justice is #teamharem after all, especially with BOTH Emilia and Rem.

I mean, why not? hehe. They're in fantasy world which should mean polygamy was not that bad of a thing, should be.

Overall that was a very fun one hour movie. There's some foreshadow for 2nd season and also for the incoming petelgeuse arc to which the movie took place before it. I really love the interaction between the characters here especially both Emilia and Rem, they're just so damn fucking cute!

Now I'm more than hype for 2nd season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2019 1:12 PM
Apr 2016
So was it confirmed Roswaal is cleaning Ram's sewer pipe? And how could Roswaal
Jul 1, 2019 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
Ahhh that was great. It was nice change of pace from the main series and just an utterly wholesome experience with some nice bits of foreshadowing here and there.

Jul 1, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
I enjoyed the happy feeling in this ova cute emilia and saw aqua
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jul 1, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2017
Man, I really missed Re Zero, all the girls were extra cute in this, especially Beako.
cunnysseur
Jul 1, 2019 11:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was such a fun watch!
One-hour time length, was totally a great idea!

Subaru is intriguing and the Girls amazing, like the usual! Great seeing references to the tv series and seeing all the Characters, including Betelguese, again in animated form! Beatrice’s mother, now that’s interesting, and Roswald is just mysterious as ever. I’m sure there’s more to him than that catches the eye, can’t wait to see his true self unravelling in the upcoming Season 2! Puck’s “permission to destroy the world!” scene was seriously hilarious, and the map changing versus Roswald cho-very hilarious too, and there’s definitely something fishy going on between Ram and Roswald 🤫. Comedy was totally on point throughout and it was a delight to see White Fox totally delivering in the animation aspect during the snow spirits scene in particular! Drunk Emilia and Rem, ah that was bliss! I feel bad for Subaru not having a camera there, lol. Good thing he finally got the date in the end! Emilia looked so kawaii ~ Emilia-tan ~

I’m really looking forward even more to seeing 2nd Season now! Hopefully, the 2nd Movie won’t take too long to be subbed though, we’ll need to see it before Season 2 after all!

Solid 7.5/10!
_MushiRock11_Jul 1, 2019 11:23 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2019 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
Better than I expected to be honest. The movie was quite nice, seeing all the characters again and everything. Would have probably worked better when it actually aired now that Isekai Quartet just finished airing.
Quite a bit of foreshadowing (if thats what it can be called 3 years after season 1 lol).
Though if someone were to watch this in 2 or 3 years, its definitely no must have material for the plot.

Drunk Emilia was actually nice, I started to like her, drunk Rem was better, as always. Wanna see betty drunk now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
Wholesome OVA. Liked the Konosuba reference, and the uh... one where Snowbaru's head fell off

aznsensation801Jul 1, 2019 9:15 PM
Jul 1, 2019 10:22 PM

May 2018
Drunk rem or drunk emilia? Help I can't decide
Jul 2, 2019 12:24 AM
Nov 2016
Finished watching this and meh, it was a boring Ova. Subaru trying to be funny and yelling 24/7 is cringy, I hated that in the anime and I hated that in this Ova as well. How can people find that yelling shit funny?

This anime is trying too hard to be funny, yelling random shit doesn't make it funny, it makes it stupid. If you want to see a funny anime then watch something like Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, there's an actual plot there and the actions and script makes it funny as hell, in Re:Zero is just the yelling that tries to deliver the punching line and it's stupid as hell. Meh.

Subaru is one of the most annoying anime's characters I have watched. I'm still waiting for season 2 though, I really hope that one is good.
Jul 2, 2019 1:28 AM

Aug 2013
This is not even meant to be linked to the main plot, why are people saying 'Go read the source material instead' are you guys dense?
Jul 2, 2019 2:26 AM
Jul 2015
xZabuzax said:

I'm still waiting for season 2 though, I really hope that one is good.

A tsundere and a M, what a man!

Jul 2, 2019 3:22 AM

Mar 2010
Freestyle80 said:
This is not even meant to be linked to the main plot, why are people saying 'Go read the source material instead' are you guys dense?

I don't recall anyone saying this? This is canon BTW as based several character short stories that were merged together for the OVA. It is linked to the plot, but this meant to be character driven bonding episode rather plot advancement type one.
Jul 2, 2019 4:43 AM

Aug 2013
Jagd84 said:
Freestyle80 said:

I don't recall anyone saying this? This is canon BTW as based several character short stories that were merged together for the OVA. It is linked to the plot, but this meant to be character driven bonding episode rather plot advancement type one.

Plenty of ppl in this thread and outside and ya that’s exactly what it is, its nor meant to be depressing and serious like the main storyline
Jul 2, 2019 5:08 AM

Mar 2010
Oh yeah, it's definitely meant to be more relaxed.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What is this? should I watch it?

removed_user_123 - Jun 8, 2022

23 by Potatoboy11 »»
Jun 13, 2022 5:49 AM

» When the dub will come?

Raeyy - Sep 11, 2020

4 by Raeyy »»
Jan 2, 2021 10:18 AM

» Konosuba and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory Snow

MannyMoDestE - Jul 19, 2020

2 by KreatorX »»
Jul 20, 2020 5:07 AM

» Movie or OVA???????? WTF

ProxyLain - Nov 27, 2019

4 by TK8878 »»
Jul 17, 2020 8:43 AM

» Chronological Order

SylentFart - May 1, 2020

3 by Nieznajomy43 »»
Jun 5, 2020 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.