Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2019 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they really took the battle to that Depth of Mementos. Glad to see everyone on board with their outfits, gear, and determination though.

Interesting to see Joker confronting Caroline and Justine in that other room. I remember this from the game when the change in the world happened and others were isolated in their jail cells.

They pretty much adapted the end of the game against the mega boss. That boss was a real pain in the ass to fight Going to miss these guys even though I still prefer the game much more.
Mar 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Nov 2007
1-hour special to finish up the story.

I was happen to see recap and saw it after seeing this finale special, it felt like I kind of saw the whole story well.
tsubasaloverMar 23, 2019 6:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2019 8:50 AM

Jan 2016
So that's it. As much as the adaptation is pretty lackluster compared to the game, I had a good time with it. Mostly because I love the characters so much that you can put them in any setting and I'll enjoy it.

Pretty straightforward in terms of adaptation, the ending as good as it clarified why Joker decided to head back.

Anyways. DID Y'ALL SEE PERSONA 5: THE ROYAL?!
My god the hype is gonna kill me, typical Atlus trailer that leaves more to be desired but the next trailer is only a month away so I guess I can live with that
Mar 23, 2019 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
That was really nice, maybe it's just my bias from the game but I enjoyed this anime a lot. It was definitely lacking compared to the game, it was insanely fast paced, skipped or breezed through content but I still really liked it.

The scene where everyone supports the Phantom Thieves gets me every time. T.T
Satanael's intro was epic as always.

I did like that they had Joker mention that he wanted to go back to meet his parents and talk it out. :)

P5R is more hype on top of this, I can't wait.
Mar 23, 2019 10:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The only real pacing issue in the episode was the beginning. The final palace starts a bit too suddenly, and this is mainly because there was no breather episode to flow us into this one. That Satanael moment was pretty hype tho, ngl.

Overall, this anime was alright. Pacing wise, it was actually a bit better than P4A and the P3 movies, and a dozen times better than P4GA. They were pretty faithful with the material, but the directing felt flat, hence some scenes lacked the impact it needed. And the low quality production doesn't help. Plus not much liberties was taken with the source material. P4A had many fun anime-original moments littered around that utilized the advantage of presenting the story through an anime medium. P5A was pretty much by-the-books.

Anyways, I still had fun with the anime, mainly because of how much I love the game itself. 6/10, though it probably would've been a 3-4/10 if I was an anime-only.
Mar 23, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2013
are the battles in the game worth playing, now that I already know the plot? nice ending btw, better than the whole anime.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 23, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 2015
The production is a lot stronger for the finale. I really liked the character designs and art style for the anime, but was constantly let down by the production values during the series, but it Still have to say that this was really rushed. Ten more minutes would have been better for the buildup into the palace and the aftermath. Ren's dialogue felt a bit more natural this time around rather than forced.

Am definitely interested in Persona 5 - The Royal. Not sure how this will tie into the main game, but the girl in the trailer definitely seems to be someone who will add a lot more to the game's story.
Mar 24, 2019 3:57 AM
Aug 2015
oh jesus, the cg for jaldabaoth and satanael looked real nice.

despite being rushed, the second act still made me cry lmao, probably because of what the game has done to me (thanks atlus).

overall, I think this is probably the best episode of P5A, I'll give it a 7/10 just for this episode alone.
Mar 24, 2019 10:28 AM

May 2017
Hot garbage but at least we got a satisfying conclusion.
Mar 24, 2019 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Beautiful. The animation as a whole was far from perfect. Much of the elements and appeal of the game were just too hard to translate well to the medium. But now, in the end, I truly think it was worth it. This very last special moved me to tears just like the game did, and it made me want to play it again. Persona 5 is a treasure.
Mar 24, 2019 4:55 PM

Apr 2016
I have to say I thought the CG on Yaldabaoth and Satanael looked pretty great, of course that's pretty much what they looked like in the game too
well at the end, overall this was a very flawed adaptation that could have used a higher episode count and more focus on certain scenes, but it was still enjoyable to see so many of the scenes I loved in the game in anime form
now I just have to wait for Persona 5 The Royal I guess
Mar 25, 2019 3:04 AM
Jun 2017
love the finale- i love how they have animated the boss fights, or the Gods... and love the story too...
Mar 25, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2015
Ehh, i was hoping other characters undergo the Second Awakening during the battle with Yaldabaoth, but it's fine, i guess. Of course, that anime adaptation was for advertise Persona 5 Royal (it's not like i'm opposing that). For the quantity episodes anime is have, the adaptation is good. Yes, it was rushed and characters are not revealed that much, but main goal is completed. Sales of discs are quite good and some new games are been revealed.
P.S. I'll just hope, that they won't use animated scenes from anime in Persona 5 Royal.
Apr 1, 2019 8:39 AM

Feb 2014
Just like in the first special, the overall production values was noticeable better than the main series. Although the pacing was a bit rushed at the start of Mementos, it got into a good stride and it went pretty well from there until the end.

The final battle was pretty well done, too, with both Yaldabaoth and Satanael's CGI models looking very good and was used effectively as well. Overall, I was satisfied. =)

My final score for both specials will still be a 7/10, just like the main series. I'm still hyped about what P5R will be about when we will learn more info about it on the 24th of April.
Apr 3, 2019 2:00 AM

Aug 2011
The main reason I wanted to watch this whole series was to see how they would adapt that final boss fight cutscene from the game cause GODDAMN does that cutscene bring me chills every time I play/re-watch it.

After 26 episodes,

One special episode and,

40 minutes into the second special episode,

That was underwhelming...
Apr 3, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
Ah my feels.....Thought the Satanael moment seemed more epic in game than what I saw here....but maybe half of that reason is because I expected it? ANYHOW...

Nice touch that they showed Ren talking to all his "confidents" one last time...though I'm bummed you don't hear any of the convos...

Also....did anyone else notice the Rise poster? Don't recall it being there before...
I did a double-take and then couldn't stop smiling at it.

Man what is that Royal teaser.....After replaying it several times I can only surmise the voice of Goro asking the question seems to match that time he asked Ren/ the audience during that "field trip to the tv studio" in the sort-of-beginning....
IkanoApr 3, 2019 5:57 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 13, 2019 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
well they managed to wrap it up i'll give em that despite this being fated to being a failure compared to the game i had a fun time watching the ride to the end, don't think persona adaptions will ever make the action exciting the finale summon scene was so good playing it.

looks like we still got the V day and bonus worse boy episodes left
Apr 16, 2019 3:12 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, the pacing is over the place. But at least they kept the most important things.

6/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 10, 2019 10:47 PM

Mar 2015
Such a perfect story ruined by trash delivery :(
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 11, 2019 10:08 PM
Dec 2015
I hope a Persona 5 the Royal anime adaptation comes and fix this mess.
Jun 14, 2020 12:36 PM

Apr 2020
So in the climactic battle the group summons a Demon Lord.

Me: COOL. Design looks dope.
*Demon Lord shoots endgame boss in face with gun. Endgame boss is defeated*
Me:

Maybe I will pick up the game after all just so I can ship Makoto x Ren since the anime adaptations never pick a girl for the Persona MCs. I really feel like the team behind the anime shipped Makoto x Ren though.
Aug 3, 2020 1:37 AM

Jul 2015
Hold on mah man Igor was a fake all this time.. no wonder he had a different VA that I didn't like as much as the old one
Yaldabaoth is quite the asshole, wants to purge the masses because they became lazy even though he contributed to it. But also quite weak for getting oneshotted at the end smh git gud noob. Good end to the story, expected Morgana to turn human or tanuki or something but staying as a talking cat is also fine.

Jan 4, 2023 4:23 AM

Jun 2019
This shit is so bad. I didn't enjoy it but for some reason I kept going.
Apr 26, 2023 4:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was really speedrunned, especially the depth of Memento and Graal that was ridiculous how fast it went, at least we got to see the last fight that didn't last long as well but there was Satanael's last shot at least xD I wish they waited for Royal to come to adapt the true ending, much better than P5 original ending but well, the anime format doesn't fit this game, better stick with just the anime parts that are inside the game xD
May 2, 8:17 PM
Dec 2021
loved to hear morgana say "i'm kickin it" and "nine lives, bitch" (it's up to you to figure out which one of these is real)
also where the heck was the entire rest of the bossfight?? no grail, no minibosses, yea we can just toss those to the side real quick
ArctiKFoxMay 2, 8:23 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2018

31 by ArctiKFox »»
May 1, 12:36 AM

» What comes next? *spoilers*

LittleGreenJules - Dec 3, 2018

3 by iScream4z »»
Sep 17, 2019 2:21 PM

» What will this adapt?

ropiel - Dec 2, 2018

18 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
Dec 31, 2018 8:03 AM

» 1 episode?

OtakuOne - Dec 3, 2018

1 by JUUSEE »»
Dec 3, 2018 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.