Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2018 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The way characters get their aircraft/dragons fired up is gold. No pain no game! However, I think that flight went a bit overboard. I'd be busy if taking a flight like that.

Second half of this episode was somewhat intense especially with that one dragon roaring in the sky. Personally, I want to see a grand battle or something revolving these dragons soon.
Stark700May 5, 2018 9:46 AM
May 3, 2018 5:52 PM

Mar 2008
I LOVE………… FUTOMOMO……………

May 4, 2018 9:04 PM

Apr 2016
The Subs just dropped.
May 4, 2018 10:53 PM

Jun 2015
Three new pilots are introduced and they seem nice, except for Hoshino. Her dragon is quite fierce. She was trying to prove herself to be the first female fighter pilot, but she doesn't care for her dragon, and messed up smh. The other dragons are quite cool.
May 4, 2018 11:24 PM

May 2015
Oh my god these plane-to-dragon transformations are AWESOME!!! Jimmy's dragon reminds me of Tigrex! Wait...Jimmy's voice actress is the same as Hata's from SYD! Same mannerisms too!

We got flying jets! But looks like Hoshino's pride is taking it a little too far. Hoshino's got issues. If she hates her dragon so much, then she should just pilot a regular jet. Aaand Hisone's big mouth just made things a lot worse between them.
TarotistMay 5, 2018 12:10 AM
May 4, 2018 11:57 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my god this episode was awesome! I love all the new dragons
May 5, 2018 12:25 AM

Apr 2016
It really speaks volumes that you already have the biggest smile on your face 2 seconds into the episode.

As for the actual episode, damn.. The second half was quite intense and had a lot more drama than I expected. Hisone kinda killed her chance at getting along with Hoshino. Hope they patch things up. That dude at the end looked ominous. Apparently he is part of the military. Looked like a higher up.
Also this

May 5, 2018 12:50 AM

Apr 2014
Oya? another Hata :D

cant get enough of these transformation scenes. kyaaa!

Blue Eyes Orange Dragon~
May 5, 2018 12:51 AM

Jul 2017
This show continues to be incredible. The underdog of the season delivers yet another really awesome episode that had a very intense 2nd half.

Hisone is definitely not the best at communication in this episode XD.
May 5, 2018 12:58 AM

Jun 2014
Re_Animated said:
It really speaks volumes that you already have the biggest smile on your face 2 seconds into the episode.

As for the actual episode, damn.. The second half was quite intense and had a lot more drama than I expected. Hisone kinda killed her chance at getting along with Hoshino. Hope they patch things up. That dude at the end looked ominous. Apparently he is part of the military. Looked like a higher up.
Also this

I came to the forums exactly for this spoiler, you don't dissapoint.
May 5, 2018 2:06 AM

Apr 2016
More dragon girls in this episode, with amusing personaliteies lol, and also with interesting VAs.

I hope Sexy Jaguar! will get her own dragon soon xD

The dude at the end will probably be the main villain ?
May 5, 2018 2:24 AM

Mar 2016
Ok Jimmy is my favorite oml
May 5, 2018 3:00 AM

Nov 2016
What a geat episode again,the part with Ririko going to toilet cracked me up so much xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2018 4:35 AM
Jul 2011
For me having Satomi Arai voicing someone automatically makes this character best girl.
Also Ririko has some common traits with Ranko (from Seitokai Yakuindomo) - they are both into spying and evading attention.
May 5, 2018 4:56 AM
Sep 2017
It sad that this and dvil line are very underrated this season.

May 5, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2015
I didnt like this episode, Hoshino was such an asshole and the protagonist doesnt work for me, the only saving grace was one of the new girls being pretty much Hata from Seitokai Yakuindomo.
May 5, 2018 6:25 AM

Dec 2012
Tarotist said:
Jimmy's voice actress is the same as Hata's from SYD! Same mannerisms too!

Yep, I was like I've heard this same exact voice before. I thought it was Sucy from LWA but nah, then it hit me. The news scoop girl from SYD.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
May 5, 2018 6:40 AM

Jul 2017
I really cant stand that bitch Hoshino.
May 5, 2018 8:06 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

It's pretty cool we got to meet other OTF pilots.
The plane-dragon transformations are so damn cool, need more transformations scenes.

I love the new dragons as well, they're amusing. I loved Hitomi's entrance and the way Kinutsugai's dragon was hiding her.
The design for Hoshino's dragon's design looks so cool. :O
That said, Hoshino does have issues. It's a shame she's treating her dragon the way she is. :(

Hitomi can be scary at times. XD

Hisone was totally savage towards Hoshino at the end, I know it's her personality to talk bluntly like that but damn that was savage.
Kinutsugai's "And then there were none" was gold. XD

May 5, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2017
The rest of the main cast has arrived! I was not expecting the other dragons to have completely unique designs; that was cool af. Hoshino was being a hard ass and definitely got what was coming to her treating her dragon like that. Hisone's 'great' communication skills were finally put to good use towards the end.

Also, I hope best girl Sexy Jaguar gets her own OTF at some point.
May 5, 2018 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
Okada self-insert characters in full force. I like Hoshino though. Dragon animation was neat.
syncrogazerMay 5, 2018 9:15 AM
May 5, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
I lost it at “Sexy Jaguar”

Mayumi “Futomomo” became an instant favourite this episode. All of the new characters’ personalities stood out nicely, which is impressive to me seeing as I wasn’t sure if they could top the first two OTF pilots we’ve already become acquainted with. Yet here they are, unique as can be.

Looking forward to learning more about them~
FuyuMinatoMay 5, 2018 10:59 AM
*confused quacking*
May 5, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
This really is anime How to Train Your Dragon. Hoshino has some strong feelings against dragons which backfired on her. Cute dragons need love, otherwise, they end up less like Maso-tan and more the disturbing almost Evangelion-like neglected beast we saw transform in the air.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 5, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
Hitomi is my favorite so far
May 5, 2018 12:24 PM

Jun 2017
megaload said:
For me having Satomi Arai voicing someone automatically makes this character best girl.

Definitely she does an awesome job.

May 5, 2018 12:32 PM

Jul 2015
Aaaaaaayyyyy finally got the other girls in. Was wondering when they'd show up. And boy are they an odd group of gals. And they brought in their own Dragons, that's quadruple the fun right there... and quadruple the trouble, these girls have problems as big as their dragons.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 5, 2018 1:29 PM

Aug 2010
manmister said:
Hitomi is my favorite so far

that scene was legit holy shit amazing, the VAing was toptier. gave me chills
May 5, 2018 1:30 PM
Nov 2016
That bitch Hoshino got what she deserved... I hate vain people and people who don't treat animals with love.

I really liked the other two new D-pilot who were introduced. I could related Jimmy and her introverted nature and I really liked the kind personality of Morris... Her dragon's name is cute too(Futomomo)
May 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Jun 2012
Hoshino deserved to be taken down a peg.
i love the other new D-pilots, three new characters all in one episode and already they have such interesting and individual personalities.

Though seriously I wanted our protag to go on a rant to Hoshino and speak her mind for like 5 minutes straight, just like her rant in the first episode, lol.
May 5, 2018 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was amazing, I love the 3 new pilots!
Sexy Jaguar tho.
May 5, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2014
OH MY GOD can some get please, PLEASE get rid of this fucking asshole already?

I'm really hoping they this type of shit is either addressed and dealt with or dies down cause I am seriously not gonna tolerate sitting through this type of bullshit to enjoy what would otherwise be a really charming show. Seriously
May 5, 2018 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode and more characters introduced and already liking them (and yay more transformation scenes xD). Hoshino is bit serious character and went too far this time and made the situation bit tense (kinda reminds me of ep2 situation). And Ririko's character is what most interest me since she reminds me of Hata from SYD. very cool.
May 6, 2018 12:40 AM

Oct 2008
Absolutely GOOD episode!
It has a good balance of comedy, seriousness of the flights and of course Hisone's sarcastically honest to a fault personality!
Nice to see 3 new D-Pilots and their OTFs!
5/5.

May 6, 2018 2:35 AM

Mar 2008
karmashizzle said:
cant get enough of these transformation scenes. kyaaa![/size]

Here's a higher quality and non-sped up version: https://u.teknik.io/8BHds.webm

FMmatron said:
the part with Ririko going to toilet cracked me up so much xD

https://u.teknik.io/ktFIV.webm

MiiyoSon said:
I'm really hoping they this type of shit is either addressed and dealt with or dies down cause I am seriously not gonna tolerate sitting through this type of bullshit to enjoy what would otherwise be a really charming show. Seriously

They're not putting it in there just for the hell of it. It's obviously a real issue, especially in military environments, and they're trying to show that in the show – I expect it to be adequately addressed in some form at some point. Parts of Japanese Twitter are pretty rightfully annoyed at his character too.

Also
>streaming

syncrogazer said:
Okada self-insert characters in full force

I don't see that anywhere. Who are you even talking about? It's a bit funny that you're complaining about the writing to any degree when you've failed provide any sort of information as to who you believe that is instead of just being like "reeee okada" (so original!)
May 6, 2018 5:28 AM
Feb 2016
Is it just me or is someone else singing the ED this episode?
May 6, 2018 5:36 AM

Apr 2014
frozenpandaman said:

MiiyoSon said:

They're not putting it in there just for the hell of it. It's obviously a real issue, especially in military environments, and they're trying to show that in the show – I expect it to be adequately addressed in some form at some point. Parts of Japanese Twitter are pretty rightfully annoyed at his character too.

Also
>streaming

I really hope they're not cause this is extremely annoying.
May 6, 2018 6:03 AM

Mar 2008
EnvyKills said:

Yes, it's the three new D-Pilots.
May 6, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2007
frozenpandaman said:
EnvyKills said:

Yes, it's the three new D-Pilots.

I mostly heard Satomi Arai <3 Also, yay!
May 6, 2018 8:27 AM

Mar 2016
frozenpandaman said:
I don't see that anywhere. Who are you even talking about?

Don't get so flustered. But it isn't like you haven't already complained about the crux of the problem. She splits her personality into different characters, and one aspect gets her 'spirit broken.'
May 6, 2018 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
I don't know how I feel about a transport plane being a dragon. Is there even room to transport anything? Besides passengers in the dummy cockpit.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 6, 2018 9:33 PM

Aug 2012
SEXY JAGUAR!

Loved hearing Satomi Arai voicing a character in this show :D
May 6, 2018 10:11 PM

Apr 2016
Wipe, wipe.
Gather, gather.
Rush, rush.

When I tell you that I'm dead I really am.

But I enjoyed all the new character introductions. All are very unique, and I feel like Hisone and Hitomi could actually be very good friends.

I feel for Hoshino, but at the same time she does only have herself to blame for pushing her dragon so far. She needed a reality check. It will be nice to see if her and her dragon ever make up. I feel bad for him. Dude was exhausted. Miss try-hard having a mental breakdown sucks. Very serious moment, and Hisone was very face-palm and cringe when trying to console her. One day she'll get communication down.

Good episode, and feel like this may be the most underappreciated anime of the season. Hopefully people catch on.

Sexy Jaguar best girl? Yes. I hope she gets her on dragon.
[
May 7, 2018 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
I'm With hoshino this week except for how she treats dragons, I would like the others D-Pilots to be more profesional and less childish, common they are supposed to go to war
May 7, 2018 3:47 AM

Mar 2008
syncrogazer said:
She splits her personality into different characters, and one aspect gets her 'spirit broken.'

>a writer's personal life experience, to some extent, influences the way they write characters in a work of creative fiction
Incredible. Revolutionary. Who would have guessed.
May 7, 2018 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
frozenpandaman said:
>a writer's personal life experience, to some extent, influences the way they write characters in a work of creative fiction
Incredible. Revolutionary. Who would have guessed.

You're taking this way too seriously buddy. You understand it as an observation, but still get mad? I have problems with the anime, but that has almost nothing to do with Okada wanting to see her female character get dominated by some dude.
May 7, 2018 7:06 AM

Mar 2008
syncrogazer said:
You understand it as an observation, but still get mad? I have problems with the anime, but that has almost nothing to do with Okada wanting to see her female character get dominated by some dude.

Not mad, lol. Just weird how you think your made-up interpretation is some objective fact or like you're some psychoanalyst who perfectly understands everyone (especially those who you haven't met, are familiar with only briefly through their professional work, likely don't share a culture with, etc.)
May 7, 2018 7:10 AM

Mar 2016
frozenpandaman said:
Not mad, lol. Just weird how you think your made-up interpretation is some objective fact or like you're some psychoanalyst who perfectly understands everyone (especially those who you haven't met, are familiar with only briefly through their professional work, likely don't share a culture with, etc.)

This is funny, coming from someone who seemingly loves to read into people's posts.
May 7, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
My favorite part of the episode. Yeah what Hisone said was cruel, but this bitch Hoshino needed to hear it from someone.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 7, 2018 11:38 PM

Mar 2008
syncrogazer said:
read into people's posts.

You… you literally said it in your post. I'm not reading into anything. Last reply from me since this obviously isn't productive or even sensical at this point.

SoraSenpai said:
Yeah what Hisone said was cruel, but this bitch Hoshino needed to hear it from someone.

I'll never get sick of Hisone's sick (unintended) burns. Her line to Nao last episode was incredible too.
May 8, 2018 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
frozenpandaman said:
You… you literally said it in your post. .

I said something that came to my mind without placing any value on it. Thoughts like this aren't 'provable' beyond describing a certain feeling that you get, and I have no intention of trying to 'prove' it. I let it sit out there on its own for a reason. You're the one who took it as a direct criticism of the writing/'objective psychoanalysis.'.Of course in your blind fury you failed to notice that I also said I liked one of the characters, (even if she is one that everyone else hates). In any case the intention seems pretty clear, whether the prideful character gets 'put in her place' by that one asshole or Hisone, it still fucking happens. Disagreement isn't going to change my biased perspective, which was just a somewhat humorous afterthought to begin with. Thanks for the last response.
syncrogazerMay 8, 2018 9:14 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.