Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm....this episode actually had my interest as it featured an figure skater but unfortunately, the stress got to Mirei as she desired a more normal life.

The episode was more lighthearted thanI had expected though. Again, since each episode focuses on a different case, it had a different mood. This episode had a bit of romance in it as well but I think it's important that Haruto made her realize what really meant in her life.
Stark700Aug 4, 2017 7:27 AM
Aug 4, 2017 8:02 AM

Nov 2010
oops... She shouldn't have woken up.
Aug 4, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
An episode about a figure skater. Mirei worked her entire life to be where she was, but things went downhill since her incident. She was so traumatized by it, that she was about to chop off her leg, but went into a coma. She wanted to live a normal life and Haruto showed her one. It wasn't all that great. She shines the brightest on the ice. I didn't think she was going to be old when she woke up.
Aug 4, 2017 9:52 AM

Oct 2007
I guess the inevitable result of this episodic semi-anthology format is that sometimes you get something brilliant, and other times something like this.
Aug 4, 2017 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
Saegusa with the ice skating loss trauma and wanting to life a normal life.
She experiences it along with a boyfriends but it leads back to ice skating regardless.
She wakes up from the coma as a really old granny :'(
Aug 4, 2017 10:22 AM

Jan 2017
Another interesting episode. I didn't expect to be enjoying the show as much as I have especially after the way episode one was.
Aug 4, 2017 10:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That ending got me. That was surprising, yet very very bittersweet. Actually more on the sad side since she's old now and her life is basically over still.

Very good story.
Aug 4, 2017 11:07 AM

Jul 2008
The ep was ok up in till the end..... wtf? She's an old lady now? What was the point in her waking up, she's not going to be able to ice skate at that age and her life is pretty much over at this point. What a downer. An out of no where downer. Well, I guess cat-dude wondering if they should bother was a hint, but maybe he should have told the guy WHY he said that instead of being so vague.

*sigh* I'm starting to lose hope for this show.
Aug 4, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
what the fuck!!!!!!! the ending surprised me so much DAMN, a great episode nonetheless, best show this season by far.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Aug 4, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
Did she never have a dream all this time? i mean she just start the dream and somehow its gone on its own and she have no more time left either way to do anything

Where is Haruto on real world? is he only exist on dream world?
Into the Internet!
Aug 4, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
Looks like getting back to ice skating is going to be a bit more of a trouble now, since age has hit!
Aug 4, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
She got to taste a bit of the life she hasn't had due to figur skating and when everything seemed perfect she just had to wake up as an old woman.. wow, that's really sad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2017 12:10 PM
Aug 2014
Am I missing something? Or you guys are? I'm pretty sure this episode is about not having any regrets, and that's what Haruto showed her.
Aug 4, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
One thing I'm not liking about this show is that we know very little about this main character and in these first episodes we learned nothing new about him? Like why is he stuck in the dream world... is he under the sleeping beauty syndrome.... like I like these episodic type episode but I feel like he's just a boring mc you just does stuff? While all the other other characters are interesting or being developed.

Either than that I like this episode... idk but I always loved figure skating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2017 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
I guess this show will keep playing with bittersweet endings, but I don't know if it's a good thing.
Also, I hated this 'It's your fate' thing. Like, no. How can she change her idea after a banal sentence, what do they know about her future?
Yes, she likes skating, she can keep doing it while having a normal life, did she forget how the public, their expectations were stressing her out, and how she enjoyed being with her crush?
Okay, maybe I'm thinking too much, but the 'It's your fate' thing seems very forced to me. The bittersweet ending didn't help at all, it made that sentence more senseless...
Aug 4, 2017 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
Wusabi said:
... 'It's your fate' thing seems very forced to me. The bittersweet ending didn't help at all, it made that sentence more senseless...

I agree that "'It's your fate" thing was kind of forced but then again it cant be helped, since this show is trying to finish a case each episode and there's just isn't enough time to get into the stuff with more detail.

I think the person that actually stopped her right before the kiss, was herself. Her love and passion for skating and being the star pushed that ordinary life and that possibility away, and that's why Lily said "It's your fate"

Anyway i guess it was a cool episode, cant w8 to find out more about the MC.
John_MaxAug 4, 2017 4:42 PM
Aug 4, 2017 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
Tears were shed at the end...she spent her entire life living in her dream world, when in reality she was doing nothing...

Also...why is the animation so bad? It was just fine before.
Aug 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2015
Holy shit that ending, im sure there is no one who expected it.
Aug 4, 2017 11:08 PM

May 2015
She should have stayed in that dreamworld.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2017 11:12 PM
May 2016
The animation quality seems to drop for me, but the story is better than previous one at least.

Who knows that Yuki is Lily, eh? I thought Yuki is an embodiment of Mirei's love for skating (this is a dream, after all), but it turns out to be Lily. That ending surprised me, but that's a good twist. Things might be a little too late, but at least she can enjoy peace in her last moments.

We also got a confirmation that Haruto is indeed a college student, but the fact that he is living inside a dream...makes the mystery. I mean, he wakes up and eats in dream world. He is never shown in real world. He probably doesn't exist in real world. We also got hints about Lily - she might be jealous that Haruto is saving these girls, I believe, but who knows. We'll know more later.
Aug 4, 2017 11:35 PM

Nov 2016
Hirugiku said:

I hate to be THAT guy, but I totally called it, and I'm sure lots of other people did too. Doctor Cat's reluctance to help her, his line about not wanting his sister to end up the same way, the fact they avoided showing Mirei's face in the first hospital scene, and the MC's line about not recognizing her name (despite her being renown throughout Japan) all pointed to her being an old woman. Simple foreshadowing, elementary my dear Watson.

Also, I guess the moral of this story is never try anything new and resign yourself to your fate because you can never be happy no matter what... that's... nice?
Jacob_ChimeraAug 4, 2017 11:40 PM
Aug 4, 2017 11:58 PM

Jan 2015
Jacob_Chimera said:
Hirugiku said:

I hate to be THAT guy, but I totally called it, and I'm sure lots of other people did too. Doctor Cat's reluctance to help her, his line about not wanting his sister to end up the same way, the fact they avoided showing Mirei's face in the first hospital scene, and the MC's line about not recognizing her name (despite her being renown throughout Japan) all pointed to her being an old woman. Simple foreshadowing, elementary my dear Watson.

Also, I guess the moral of this story is never try anything new and resign yourself to your fate because you can never be happy no matter what... that's... nice?

Wow im amazed. I never even noticed stuff you mentioned :D
Aug 5, 2017 12:14 AM
Sep 2016
Totally did not see that kind of ending coming.
Aug 5, 2017 3:42 AM
Jul 2017
Jacob_Chimera said:
Hirugiku said:

I don’t think so , the moral of this story is to enjoy your life for what it is , don’t have regrets till the very end , because if you do , your life will not be as fulfilling as you want . and I think she understood that because when she woke up , she was happy .
Aug 5, 2017 3:44 AM
Jul 2017
good episode , not as good as the previous ones , but still worth watching . the only downside was the bad animation , it was WAY worse than before . i hope the next episode will be better in that aspect .
Aug 5, 2017 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
Is anyone else suspecting that Haruto is

1: Not a real person and just exists in this dream world.

2: Actually a case of Aurora Syndrome himself who's been there for so long that he's forgotten that he's sleeping.

3: Dead
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 5, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
So much better than last one.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 5, 2017 5:06 PM
Jun 2017
Not gonna lie the first half of this episode really didn't interest me, Mirei came across like an older second rate version of Kayo from episode 3 only without the tragic nuances that made that episode emotional. The whole destiny thing wasn't as impactful as I think it was meant to be in the moment, however the end flipped all that and changed my opinion on the episode as a whole.

Lily and Haruto's pseudo-sibling moment was really cute.

Overall I do think this week's and last week's episode have still been the weakest in terms of story execution and characters. But I'm not ready to drop this show just yet, I still want to find out about Haruto's backstory and who exactly Lily is.
Aug 5, 2017 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
It didn't make sense that a woman who by the looks of it had been in a coma for 60+ years kept dreaming about a normal college life involving karaoke parties and smartphones, but had they really shown the life she had longed for it would have spoiled the twist. So they just cheated. These writers are a bunch of hacks, as they keep proving with each new episode.
Aug 5, 2017 11:59 PM

May 2017
ZBlastHistory said:
Did she never have a dream all this time? i mean she just start the dream and somehow its gone on its own and she have no more time left either way to do anything

Where is Haruto on real world? is he only exist on dream world?

He still wasn't shown outside the dreamworld so he's most likely in a coma too
Aug 6, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2013
Was anyone able to get what she said to Haruto before he left her dream? Like, even a glimpse of it? I'm a little clueless to that and it left me really curious xD

I think Haruto is only the "Prince", destined to awaken the true princess, maybe he's only in a coma and trapped in the Dream world until he accomplishes his mission.
Aug 6, 2017 2:34 AM
Mar 2012
The music is so good compared to derp art.
What the witch is catman's imouto? Subs implied so, but obviously she's older than catman.
Interesting well paced story this time.
Aug 6, 2017 3:17 AM

Oct 2008
lolz that oba-san...what a twist! and that was unexpected! can a Coma be that long?
4/5.

Aug 6, 2017 4:19 AM
Apr 2017
I hate that "it's your fate". Why is this even became the moral of this story???
Everyone should have the rights to decide what they want, even the results didn't came out the way they want. As I think if you decided to change, you should be conscious that it might not come out well, and brace it.
Aug 6, 2017 6:19 AM
Feb 2016
Before seeing 'that' ending I was particularly pissed at the advice the MC is giving to the girl. For someone who likes to ice-skate but doesn't want all those attention he could have given other advice other than 'it's your destiny'. Like... wha-? Although Lily(?) giving that advice to her is probably wanting her to wake up soon, although I'm wondering if that's really what she wants or because Haruto is basically already doing it so she's gonna help him all the way through.

And I agree with the post above the cat-researcher could just tell Haruto straightforwardly without having to give an abstract information although at first I was curious at what he's seeing upon the real Mirei.

While I have a love-hate with this show but since they deal with different themes I guess I'll just continue watching it.
Aug 6, 2017 12:28 PM

Feb 2009
The moral of the story was kind of weird and then on top of that, she's too old to even do anything anymore. Why not just let her dream? I don't get it

Aug 6, 2017 12:39 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am disappointed, utterly incoherent episode. I don't know the time setting of this series, but doing a small calculation in the dates, they failed to achieve a realistic environment and destroyed the ending in an unexplained way (she can't be that old). For example, the pictures, if the skater was old then the pictures should have been old and the setting of that scenes as well compared with the actual time line.

Aug 6, 2017 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
dm106 said:
Am I missing something? Or you guys are? I'm pretty sure this episode is about not having any regrets, and that's what Haruto showed her.

I came to this conclusion too after thinking for a while when I finished watching the episode. I'm glad you mentioned it. Cuz for the people that haven't wrapped their heads around this it's just like "well why did she wake up at all?" I think a lot of people missed out because if flew over their heads. xD
Aug 7, 2017 8:33 AM
Aug 2014
Taikutsu said:
dm106 said:

I came to this conclusion too after thinking for a while when I finished watching the episode. I'm glad you mentioned it. Cuz for the people that haven't wrapped their heads around this it's just like "well why did she wake up at all?" I think a lot of people missed out because if flew over their heads. xD

I came back to read the comments and still a lot of people didn't get it. Glad you did.
Aug 7, 2017 8:06 PM

Nov 2016
Crez said:
Is anyone else suspecting that Haruto is

1: Not a real person and just exists in this dream world.

2: Actually a case of Aurora Syndrome himself who's been there for so long that he's forgotten that he's sleeping.

3: Dead

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that he must be comatose himself because we've never seen him in the real world like we have doctor cat and the bedroom he always wakes up in is a place dream people visit him all the time. Plus that would help explain his connection to Lily.
Aug 11, 2017 2:45 AM

Jun 2012
What a savage episode, I'm glad she didn't runaway in the end but it's years too late now.
Aug 16, 2017 7:39 PM

Jun 2012
Some episode have been more fun to watch than others (read: EP 2 gore was really fun to watch) and these last few EPs have been sweet, but I feel like it needs to change up the format just a bit, or even tell us more about the main character to keep me interested. Also the animation quality drop was super disappointing. The previous EPs looked great. Hopefully EP 6 pulls it back together.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Aug 19, 2017 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
reminder that wearing sunglasses will make you unidentifiable.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 23, 2017 1:41 AM
Oct 2014
unexpected ending
Aug 28, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
"Sleeping beauties" problem: they never know how old they will be when the prince will finally wake them up.
Not sure why most people didn't "expect" the ending. The fact the older hero knew the celebrity's name while the younger didn't and that he hoped for her sister not to end up like that were a good way to present the fact the comatose "girl" had grew up a bit.

4/5 Everything became stiff again.

Jacob_Chimera said:

I thought it had to do with not having regrets for something she actually chose to dedicate her life to pretty early. It's a You can't become this sport(wo)man just like that, many of those people's life revolves entirely around the discipline they came to love.
Sep 4, 2017 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
I swear, this anime is more bipolar than an actual bipolar person.

-The MC's personality is completely different for no reason
-MC tells girl to choose her own path...then later tells her to choose just one path, somehow never considering how she could attend school normally while ice skating
-Girl has been trapped in dream for a long time, yet never hung out with anyone there??
-MC tells girl normal life isn't that great, yet she was having the time of her life
-Plot twist near the end comes out of nowhere, and negates the already hypocritical message
Oct 17, 2017 3:25 AM
Jul 2016
What Saegusa told to Haruto at the ending [time 20:20 to 20:30 ] when he about to enter in the blue door to go back.????????????
Nov 11, 2017 4:16 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending :o that sure was quite a surprise! Still a nice episode though.
Dec 8, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
wtf they where using phones, mobiles arent THAT old
Dec 18, 2017 12:12 AM

Apr 2017
NihilisticLoner said:
I swear, this anime is more bipolar than an actual bipolar person.

-The MC's personality is completely different for no reason
-MC tells girl to choose her own path...then later tells her to choose just one path, somehow never considering how she could attend school normally while ice skating
-Girl has been trapped in dream for a long time, yet never hung out with anyone there??
-MC tells girl normal life isn't that great, yet she was having the time of her life
-Plot twist near the end comes out of nowhere, and negates the already hypocritical message

My thoughts exactly. To me, nothing made sense in this episode.
Then again, the pace of the 4th one was also extremely weird compared to the 3rd one.
I wonder if the rest of this series is gonna be a roller coaster like that.. I surely hope that it's not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

67 by hrodebert99 »»
Sep 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.