Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode was okay. We got focus on the school cultural festival preparations.
Seems everyone is in the mood to make it look good.

Miharu got a bit more focus this episode and I think this show is slowly developing her character more. I can feel a romance-like vibe coming from her :o

Aug 17, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2007
Almost time for School festival.

Class rep girl was not sure about her feeling. She asked the short hair girl if she has anyone she likes...

lol @ the combini guy saying "spring has come" (a.k.a "love", about the main couple). She doesn't know the meaning class rep girl asked, so he asked that guy about it.

Having a nice moment between the two. She talked about liking the stories since young and wanting to write her own someday. When he mentioned about the story book in target, she said she had one. She takes pills after he left... is that the reason she doesn't remember about that past?

Preparation and visiting the shows at night, especially a class w. display of picture books. The reason for swimming is that picture book. He finally said it, but she's...

Takes a break from main two and centers around the student rep. couple mainly next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 17, 2017 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Haruki finally had the courage to talk to Miharu about the "The Merman Prince" picture book.

So the next episode will focus on the Student Council President.

Aug 17, 2017 1:01 PM

Jun 2015
Everyone is preparing for the school festival. Mami doesn't understand about her feelings. Miharu and Haruki got more focus for their relationship. He got cock-blocked by his phone. She broke down at the end when he reminded her about the book.
Aug 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
I can tell im going to be crying by the end of this show
Aug 17, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
From Mashiki's reaction and that last scene most likely she has some heart-related disease, and Haruki tick it off at the end there.
Aug 17, 2017 1:39 PM

Mar 2016
That STUPID BOOK was finally talked about maybe I can drop this show now

Maybe it just because I'm American but... taking to little pills ain't devisating?
Were they trying to make me feel sorry for her?

side note- not just vitamins and shit (-_-)
UrbanJahtsAug 22, 2017 8:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 1:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
These are clear death flags thrown around here...

I'm worried about Mashiki.

Also Honda being great again, Mami definitely needs someone who just takes her hand and goes off. :)
Aug 17, 2017 2:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm scared AF for Mashiki.....If she dies or something I won't be able to take it
Aug 17, 2017 2:46 PM

Nov 2016
Some tragic event may be able to save this show from the mediocrity.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 17, 2017 2:57 PM

Sep 2015
Ok im guessing Mashiki is either gonna die or she had a bad past leading her to being a troubled girl who goes into panic attacks after remember it.
Aug 17, 2017 3:13 PM

Apr 2010
A shame about the cliffhanger i don't want to wait for a response.
It's nice to see progress however which is a good thing still it seems a lot might happen.
The anime so far has been pretty good despite it's somewhat slow start i am looking forward to next week.
Aug 17, 2017 3:34 PM

May 2015
I can see the possible tragedy incoming, or perhaps not. Either way, that ending didn't look good.

Aug 17, 2017 3:43 PM
Jun 2016
man only took what 6 episodes and he finally tells her? :> hehe.
Aug 17, 2017 3:46 PM

Apr 2012

Cute and everything, but seriously... guys... plz... xD
Aug 17, 2017 3:59 PM
Mar 2015
Death flag triggered
Aug 17, 2017 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
That convenience store clerk is going to snap very soon and do something crazy.
Forum Signature
Aug 17, 2017 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
You fucking kidding me? They start waving the death flag, give us one hell of a cliff hanger, and then shift focus to the Student Council President???? FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 17, 2017 7:36 PM
Sep 2016
When Mashiki brought out the pills, oh no....
Aug 18, 2017 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
I knew it... But I don't expect bad end tho.
Generally, good episode. I really like this series.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 18, 2017 12:24 AM
Apr 2016
Well looking at the opening the shows seems to be end with a good ending and regarding mashiki I think she might be suffering from some memory disease
as isn't able to fully remember anything about the book
Aug 18, 2017 12:35 AM

Oct 2015
Please no bad ending. I had enough of Bad ending after SukaSuka. As much as I want to see the other couples. I don't like how they all of sudden shift to the other couples after that ending.
Maruko-sanAug 18, 2017 12:39 AM
Aug 18, 2017 2:04 AM
Sep 2016
Honestly... I am getting Your lie in April flashbacks... She is taking pills, goes to the hospital quite often, every ep is a new month.. before you know its March and she isnt here with us anymore...
Aug 18, 2017 2:53 AM
Nov 2016
This episode focused on Mashiki and our MC.
Seems like the class rep is still confused about Honda.

Is Mihashi sick or something? They showed her taking pills and it seemed kinda important.
Aug 18, 2017 4:10 AM

Mar 2013
Just when it got to the best part of the anime, it ended as cliffhanger with SC prez's story next. Well I'll damned >:(

I'm having bad vibes from that ending. Maybe she has amnesia? Terminal illness? Or was the girl in the flashback her twin sister (who isn't around anymore)? It sounds plausible considering the name wasn't written fully on the back of that book.
FinalFlash18Aug 18, 2017 4:14 AM
Aug 18, 2017 4:46 AM
Jan 2015
I also am seeing Red Flags with Miharu when she took those pills, I'm really hoping its a red herring. If it's not this show will go in a completely different direction to what i thought it would be.
Aug 18, 2017 7:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
I wonder was Haruki inspired to take up swimming by the story that Miharu read him when they were kids. That was one hell of a nightmare for Haruki though lol. September is finally here eh. Time for exams. Well Towa has cause to be happy as he managed to confess to Mami after all. Lol Mami's reaction at being surprised by Miharu though. Hmm it seems that Mami is still not yet secure about her relationship with Towa. Its nice that Mami while glad of Miharu's advice also displayed concern for her friend as well. Im glad that things between Mami and Towa worked out but i think it will take some time before they can be comfortable though. Hmm Miharu asking Haruki that type of question was unexpected. Though at this point i think Miharu only see's Haruki as a friend at the moment so a confession there will end up straining their relationship instead. It seems both are stuck in their respective relationships lol. The cultural festival though should be an interesting thing to see though. Hmm so while Haruki's class is doing a haunted house Miharu's one is doing a play using Snow white eh.

Its cute seeing the two talk about their interests though. Looks like these two are staring to get closer. Haruki is hoping to provoke the memories from back then eh. I wonder what her illness is though since she's taking great care to hide it. The cultural festival though will be a good opportunity to help build stronger bonds between them i think. Its nice to see everyone work so hard for the cultural festival though. Towa's really trying hard to match Haruki and Miharu together which is nice to see. Still its nice to see Towa being so proactive in his attempts to win Mami over though. A nighttime stroll through the school to see how the other classes are doing eh. But its nice to see each of the classes work so hard though. Though they may be assigned to different classes as they go through school their memories will of course remain. Seeing all these old picture books must bring back a lot of good memories for Miharu though. So that book really was what inspired Haruki to take up swimming eh. Hmm though Haruki was finally able to tell Miharu the words that he wanted to convey for so long it seems there is a deeper problem here after all. Still an interesting episode where both Haruki and Towa are trying to take the next steps for the girls that they like.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 7:24 AM

Sep 2016
That scene when she's taking medicine & that ending... is kinda foreshadowing something I don't want to happen.
Aug 18, 2017 7:40 AM

Jul 2013
It's so painful watching how beta Mishima is -_- like what the fuck is he trying to achieve by trying to act cool and disinterested? his constant "eh? eh?" makes me want to slap him. Now I really hope a stranger dude from another school comes and take Mashiki away during the festival... actually Mashiki dying might not be so bad since we'll be saved of the bullshit childhood love. I'd rather have Mashiki be with the grim reaper than that pansy Mishima.
Aug 18, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus what's with all the death flags.
Aug 18, 2017 8:53 AM
Sep 2015
Everyone's jumping into the conclusion of death flag????
This is a cliche that I see many times before
A: She has memory-related disease, and have to take those drugs
B: She has non-memory-related disease, but the drug side effect suppresses her memory (like Beta blocker)
She sad because even though the memory is very precious to our MC, she can't remember it at all.
Aug 18, 2017 12:49 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, Mashiki taking medications???????Either she is sick or those pills are vitamins.

So new couple next week, nice cu'z I'm starting to get tired of those 4.
Aug 19, 2017 5:37 AM

Jan 2017
AsT5 said:
Well looking at the opening the shows seems to be end with a good ending and regarding mashiki I think she might be suffering from some memory disease

I was thinking the same thing, she was really intent on making good memories at the school festival. of course that could be because she's dying and wants others to remember. but I took it more as she wants to be able to remember later because of her illness.

Also, she didn't remember giving him the book in kindergarten and if he can remember it you'd think she would too. She's too young for early onset alzheimer's, but it could be another memory related illness.
Aug 19, 2017 12:24 PM
Apr 2016
pl
Oona_Shea said:
AsT5 said:

I was thinking the same thing, she was really intent on making good memories at the school festival. of course that could be because she's dying and wants others to remember. but I took it more as she wants to be able to remember later because of her illness.

Also, she didn't remember giving him the book in kindergarten and if he can remember it you'd think she would too. She's too young for early onset alzheimer's, but it could be another memory related illness.

plus if go through the opening its damm good
we'll get to see how 12 characters from 6 couples
and i dont think the writers would kill mashiki and leave haruki alone between the other couples
and most of the original series dont have bad endings

i just remembered the episode 12 feels train of Tsuki ga kirei i thought it mind end up like 5 sec per second but it ended well
Aug 19, 2017 5:33 PM

Dec 2014
Mashiki development I guess...and she starts crying..I am thinking she may have lost her memory
Aug 20, 2017 7:11 AM

May 2017
Dat cliffhanger Lel

And preview looks like different couple dammit

People are saying death flag but I don't think this anime has the guts to kill her (it doesn't have that aura)

Just theory but Mashiki probably has a twin sister, and it was the one Mishima likes coz Mashiki is always sickly
Aug 20, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
Does Mashiki have memory problems? or frail cuz of the pills?!?
Twin sister?!? CAN BE!
3/5.

Aug 26, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
Mashiki taking some pills and we saw her in the hospital...she is sick, she is going to die?!!!
Mashiki doesn't remember about the book? Or, does she pretend not to?
Sep 4, 2017 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
phantomfandom said:
B: She has non-memory-related disease, but the drug side effect suppresses her memory (like Beta blocker)
She sad because even though the memory is very precious to our MC, she can't remember it at all.

Good call. That'd explain her reaction at the very end of this episode.
Nov 21, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 2012
Mormegil said:
phantomfandom said:

Good call. That'd explain her reaction at the very end of this episode.

actually she got a trauma back then cause her twin sister got hit by a car & died later she got her health issue, but its not that she doesn't remember but her sisters death was after that that's why she doesn't want to talk about it, i did some reading about her past

& no she is not gonna die
May 7, 2018 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
We're finally getting some progress with the BETTER couple! Good! This show won't be as shitty as the first few episodes.
Mar 28, 2022 4:18 AM

Jul 2021
I can feel some red flags along the way with some of my romance knowledge

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.