Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show's got some funky music.

Funny ping pong match this week. Hokuto is cool, kinda has the opposite personality as Koyori. Feels like Koyori is also improving her playing style.
Oct 10, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
So the match they where waiting for has arrived but it has to wait till next week.
Guess Akari will do everything to win which might be interesting to watch.
Oct 10, 2016 11:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show is the real deal with table tennis. That was total sakuga at some point at Koyori vs. Hokuto, that was great to watch.

The drama is handled maturely and also makes the show exciting to watch.

Hokuto is awesome.

This is totally 8/10 level right now and i'm hype as shit for Koyori vs. Agari!
Oct 10, 2016 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
Very Good follow up episode.

Seems Koyori's pretty strong, Working her way all the way to 2nd place in such a short span of time, Wow.

All the ping pong matches were really great to watch, Animation was on point as well.
Seems everyone is taken aback by her pure hearted playstyle of simply having fun, I must admit I really like watching her smile and play. Heartwarming somehow, xD
Hokuto's calculated playstyle was really cool to watch, I love how they presented the trajectories along with the probability and stuff. Was really cool.

Agari's insecure of her position because of Koyori's sudden surge in ranking and popularity but it looks like she found her resolve to be the ace at the end.

Can't wait for Koyori vs Agari next episode.

Hokuto must reveal how she finds out the pantsu color. XD
Oct 10, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Koyori is sure very talent at playing table tennis!
Oct 10, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2013
Really fun show, Agari ruined the moment for senpai lol,
it's really difficult for agari to lose the place that she worked so hard to get, but we need to wait and see my money on her ,I'm really looking forward the next episode
To see who will be the ace...
And who know that people with different type of panties has different personality 😜😜😜
AlhakamOct 10, 2016 3:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Sep 2016
peco is strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 10, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
That was very exciting! This anime is just <3

Can't wait for next week
Oct 10, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
I'm really amazed with animation quality. It definitely doubles the pleasure of watching this. Another 5/5 episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 10, 2016 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
that op sounds nice and calm but the video for the op makes this look it's going to be about epic ping pong battles. also the music that plays during the match is so good. can I just say I'm glad were taking a look at aoba's life before she started making games and it's actually interesting she was popular at ping pong and then this new girl shows up and in a matter of seconds dethrones her hypothetically speaking she still has her throne. but now aoba (I know it's not aoba just let me have this) must reclaim her throne or in this case maintain her throne or keep her throne which ever one sounds better. and prove to those around her that she is the ace they deserve that no one can or will dethrone her but only time will tell if this new girl has what it takes to dethrone aoba.
Oct 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
Good episode again, hyped for Koyori vs Agari. I think Koyori will win with the help of TANOSHII.
Oct 10, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
How is this supposed to be a cute girls show with such boring and ugly characters?
Oct 10, 2016 1:37 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode, the table tennis are very good too.
While I like Akari, I really don't see why she need to treat Koyori in this way. Akari probably is gonna win the match but she really needs to grown up because what she's doing is wrong.
brzzcodeOct 10, 2016 1:43 PM
Oct 10, 2016 2:22 PM
Nov 2010
Man I really like the OP
Oct 10, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
Twintails is upset for a reason that can be summed up as jealously.

Surprised at how much I'm liking this series. Though yeah, the panties thing was rather unnecessary and unfunny.
Oct 10, 2016 2:56 PM

May 2010
I like Hokuto's playstyle the most so far. If she works on her stamina, she has potential to be the best.
Oct 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Jun 2012
Excellent episode, i wonder about that idol part? Maybe Agari used to be good at something else too, and she had that position taken from her, with is why she is so nervous?
Oct 10, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. I don't even like sports anime but for some reason I enjoy this one a lot more than expected.

Siplachok said:
Good episode again, hyped for Koyori vs Agari. I think Koyori will win with the help of TANOSHII.

I personally think that Koyori will lose (at least this match, maybe later on she'll win), but she'll still have a big smile on her face even though she couldn't beat Agari. That'll most likely infuriate Agari even more because that won't make her victory as important.

Then again it's only my speculation. I'd prefer it this way though. That would show Agari that winning isn't everything and that you should enjoy what you're doing.
Oct 10, 2016 3:30 PM

Jun 2014
This show is amazing so far. I am absolutely stunned.
Oct 10, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2016
koyori will throw the game, agari get angry and the drama continues
i will cut my dick if i'm wrong
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 10, 2016 5:24 PM
Aug 2014
Damn, this really is the best anime I'm watching this season. Hype for next episode!!

Oct 10, 2016 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, this anime is so good. I don't regret that i've started watching it.
Koyori is such a good player!
So much hype for the next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 10, 2016 6:44 PM

Nov 2013
god, I love this anime so much right now. I'm kinda sad that they went through two matchs in a single episode. like why, I guess they have plans that require they rush though this ranking arc but I would of liked if each girl had gotten there own episode to have a more developed match with Koyori. like sure, Hokuto had enough time to shine here but the match with Hanabi was all but cut off really, just how I feel, hopefully Hanabi can have a really cool and important match later. I'm liking it so far, the matchs are fun to watch and i hope it gets to crazy sport anime levels that just happens to have cute girls, seems like it might kinda go there but not as crazy as i want it to go, like PoT or something, it wont go that nuts. but if it did then I would love it.

I'm hyped for the next episode hopefully the match is just the entire episode for the most part and it will be interesting to watch, its pretty easy to say that Koyori is going to win so the match will need to be really interesting and fun to watch to make up for the predictable ending, unless Kamiya does pull it out. if that does happen I will be pretty surprised. oh well, now I'm just rambaling. this episode was a little rushed and hyped for the next one, thats the basis of it for me.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Oct 10, 2016 6:58 PM

Jan 2016
She is doing all the counter-play, please ban for scripting.
Jealous girl is annoying, but i guess this is middle school or something so acceptable for her to be confused, hope she gets better c:
Hype for the match to decide the top-most player of the team next!

Oct 10, 2016 7:29 PM
Sep 2011
GangsterCat said:
koyori will throw the game, agari get angry and the drama continues
i will cut my dick if i'm wrong

Lol you're wrong if the anime adapt the manga without change, so prepare to cut your dick xD
Oct 10, 2016 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
Man if Keijo wasn't airing concurrently, this would be the best sports anime this season. But I guess Keijo's not a real sport, yet, so this is king by technicality.

Hope we get a full match next.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 10, 2016 8:10 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode. This show does very well in hype building. It really fires you up for the upcoming match. I also like the subtlety in that flashback that showed Agari to have had a lunch box from beginning. Can't wait for next episode.
Oct 10, 2016 8:15 PM

Feb 2008
I'm quite sure Agari will notice something like everyone else in Koyori as everyone else, so drama won't continue so long.
Yeah I quite knew episode would end before match too bad cause I want to see it as well.
Now waiting for next week.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 10, 2016 9:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That background OST that played in the match between Koyori and Hokuto was prety good.
So far, Koyori's been climbing the rankings very fast and in the process has made Agari quite jealous. It's understandable why Agari would feel that way, her spot feeling threatened by a newcomer.

The match with Hokuto felt a bit like Baby Steps.
It was nice to see Munemune trying to cheer up Agari while embracing her was pretty cute.

Anxious for next episode. I wonder if Koyori can pull it off and dethrone Agari.

Oct 10, 2016 9:48 PM

Nov 2015
Akari vs Koyori is coming!

Oct 10, 2016 10:47 PM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Bewbs Watch Episode 2
Did the ping pong ball bounce off of Booby Boob Senpai's breasts?

Also, Hokuto is awesome.

Oct 10, 2016 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode, this is a lot better than i ever expected.
Oct 11, 2016 12:33 AM

Jun 2013
That spin. Damn Hokuto sure knows how to spin that ball. And Koyori eventually figured out how to deal with this spinner. She started to speed up the game so that Hokuto starts making poor decisions and spins less. Eventually Hokuto started to miss her target more and more while getting tired with each long rally. And Hibari's game was pretty simple. She only sped up the game with her drives, no smashes or spinning which is probably why her game was skipped mostly. It wasn't interesting enough so why waste time. Koyori only had to keep up with that speed too win. Koyori has a rather basic playing style – she doesn't have deadly smashes or a necessarily aggressive playing style or deadly spinning. She only adapts to her opponent's style and comes up with a way to counter her.

And Agari is avoiding Koyori because she is afraid of her. Agari is an attention seeker through and through and she doesn't like that someone else is stealing her limelight. She is playing for the sake of getting attention by becoming the best. Koyori is simply playing for the love of it. She likes table tennis so she's playing it. And playing with her makes everyone have fun regardless of the outcome. And Agari will be experiencing this feeling in the next episode. She was perfecting her backhand so I wonder if she spins with her backhand or smashes with it or keeps it simple and accurate without any extra skill. But based on what Munemune said, Agari's backhands are successful but she really has fun with her forehand.

I'm liking the table tennis action here. They should have shown more of Hibari's match though. It looked so interesting with how much they showed it. Hopefully Agari's match doesn't disappoint.
Oct 11, 2016 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
Picked this show up on a whim and wasn't too sure since it looked kind of slap stick and low budget, but it's actually been fantastic so far.

This and Flip Flappers are definitely underdogs this season. This show maybe even more-so given it's low rating at the moment.

Really hyped for the match next week. Curious to see who's gonna win that one. The matches in general are fun to watch. Plus we get moe girls constantly sweaty so that's sure to excite some people.

I like Hokuto's godly panty reading skill. Munemune who was already best girl just upped the ante by also being Thong-senpai. Thong automatically = best girl, period.
Koyori is peach panties, and Agari is the white "Ojou-sama" panties, probably fittingly so given her personality. My first guess probably would've been the stripped panties often associated with tsunderes though.
We need to master skill to reveal everyone elses type too.

Also eager to learn more about Koyori's past and how she got good/why she came to the school. The rival girls from the other schools will probably have kickass matches too.
Oct 11, 2016 2:42 AM

Jan 2015
Oh man, I think I've noticed something I shouldn't have while rewatching the first episode

Oct 11, 2016 2:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Begin the battle match to be the Ace of the team, the serious girl Vs. the happy girl, www smackdown xD
Oct 11, 2016 3:04 AM

Nov 2009
I seriously want Koyori to win and kick Agari out of the ace spot because Agari is seriously annoying and jelly and all things unpleasant, but I know it won't happen - in the table in the OP Koyori's name is 2nd, Agari's 1st, so Koyori's stuck at 2nd... (and this is not a spoiler since they put the shot into the freakin opening)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 11, 2016 4:23 AM

Apr 2011
Am I the only one really not liking Koyori?

Maybe I am a bad person but I can understand Agari, she fought so hard for her spot and Koyori just laughts all the time, even when she is several points behind in the game.
Sure, you could say she is a pleasant person and doesn't care as much about winning, but it pisses me off watching lol.
Oct 11, 2016 5:35 AM

Jul 2012
Hyped for Agari vs. Koyori!

I like all the girls so far and matches are very entertaining.
Oct 11, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2013
I find it quite annoying how Mary Sue Koyori is. Unlike the first match there was no explanation on how she countered Hokuto's technique. Rather, it's Hokuto that was inexplicably rattled by Koyori's smile that her shots became less and less precise. Why would she be rattled anyway? she's an experienced player who would have played against many kinds of opponents. Surely someone like Koyori won't be her first? even if you say Koyori sped up her play, it's not like Hokuto can't play fast as evidenced by her keeping up with Koyori's rally. As Agari noted both of them were already low on stamina anyway so it's not like Koyori had an overwhelming advantage.
Oct 11, 2016 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
Slower rhythm, but the narrative has managed to stay afloat, above all, thanks to the sympathy and humor of the characters. But we must also give credit to the fact that, albeit minimally, there was talk of table tennis. Animations minimized in the clashes, good designs on the whole, I hope they can still speak more about table tennis, shortly. However, the fact that you are focused sullle anxieties of Agari, I liked it. Excellent soundtrack, not to mention the opening and the ending, really nice.
Oct 11, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
HUD of shot percentages from Babysteps, underwear knowledge superpower from various ecchi shows. It's like they took all the worst things they could find from other anime and copy them hoping their combined suckage would end up being something good.

I usually like "cute girls being cute and trying hard and smiling" shows but this one is making it really tough.
Oct 11, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2011
Hokuto precision shots omg
Kyori smile
Oct 11, 2016 9:14 PM
Feb 2012
I really like this anime. Really fun to watch, fun characters, and I love all the little detail in the animation.
Oct 11, 2016 10:55 PM

Mar 2014
damn Koyori is a clone of saki, and that smile really gives pressure to the oppent during the match. she has an innate talent on table tennis, learning strategies and adapting them through the match, but importanly her confidence is stronger than anyone else in the club that she never feels anxious or are distracted when competing higher rank players.
ButtSlapperOct 11, 2016 11:03 PM
Oct 12, 2016 1:47 AM

Jun 2013
Hokuto is good and Koyori is a fast adapter to her opponents techniques
Oct 12, 2016 11:15 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode. Good consistency, but I wish the matches were longer.

Also...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2016
OP is actually pretty good.

Show has been entertaining so far and i find it among the better ones this season.

Go akarin! [She looks so similar honestly lol], nonetheless i predict that she will lose to Agari in the 1v1 resulting in rivalry that will advance the plot.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Oct 13, 2016 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
Episode 2 and we already seeing Koyori defeating 3rd Rank & 2nd Rank of that school?!?
But still, yes, we know that top 5 rank on every school is mall deal but when it comes to competitions, there are other schools that are hardcore hustlers wherein School A top 20th can suddenly beat the top 1 of School B. Interschool battles are different story especially Nationals. Internationals are only best of the best per country...LOLZ what a rant!
I'm pretty sure Agari would be pretty wrecked against Koyori!
5/5!

Oct 13, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
This anime is pretty weird... in a strange, fan-servicey way. Anyway, tension is rising as the new girl rises through the ranks extremely quickly. Things aren't looking to good for purple hair. With the position of Ace on the line, I guess next episode will be a real fight worth the wait.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.