Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
I had a bit trouble understanding which people belonged to the D Agency and which ones to the other agency. Cause I always have trouble remembering faces and/or names and all the different spies and chars in this anime make it even harder to remember them because there are alway different ones and it is episodical. (I only remember Yuuki ha ha.)

I thought that guy killing was one from the other agency. And maybe the one spying outside was from D agency.
May 26, 2016 12:50 PM
Feb 2015
zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

What about Miyoshi? He is also a spy from the D Agency
May 26, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like there's a D-Agency clone called Windy Agency. Just like D-Agency, everyone looks the same.
臭い-
May 26, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
Sayurihime-sama said:
zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

What about Miyoshi? He is also a spy from the D Agency

He hasn't had an episode yet.

also i think this is gamou in the bottom left corner
AmuroGrayMay 26, 2016 7:10 PM
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
May 26, 2016 7:15 PM

Oct 2014
zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

I use a similar system, but they are "the spy on the boat", "the spy on the train", "the spy with the french", etc xD.
May 26, 2016 10:49 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa dat chess game

Double agent OMG
May 27, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2015
So a new agency has been introduced hmm.
May 28, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2010
Who's betting 1000 bucks the Wind Agency is getting wrecked.

Seriously though, they wasted me a whole episode that could be spent on the D-Agency.
May 29, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
How can you be twice as cautious as the regular person and be a show-off? Those two don't seem to mix. Looking forward to a possible clash between the two agencies.
---------My Profile------------
May 30, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe that they were using that umbrella to share the information, when he said that to his wife i thought that it was very suspicious xD And it was.
Next episode looks promising.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 1, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Now you start to get serious, it's the thing I like. Narration well organized in the screenplay, I also read a basic message: the cowards who sell themselves for money, if you do not enjoy them. Excellent, technical and graphic design, the episode, I can always immerse myself in the context narrated. I can not wait to watch the next episode.

ichii_1 said:
Wind Agency sounds like an assassination agency rather than a spy one.
Mc this ep is the blue suit guy, possible double agent spy send by D agency.

The guy at the gate will play a big role next ep, maybe he's a wind agency spy and will kill blue suit.

Also I was thinking of a similar context, at first I thought it was just an action done by the agency-D.

zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

Thanks a lot! :D
Jun 1, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2014
Wow, Takaya Kuroda appeared in this episode. Love his voice.
Jun 1, 2016 3:09 PM

Nov 2015
Another agency who actually kills without hesitation.. Hmm

Jun 8, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
Strangely more pleasant than the previous cases. Maybe because I felt less like hearing someone resume me the events (thanks to the people who decided to adapt the story in 40 mn instead of 20 probably).

4/5

@zurgboy00 I only found the movie translated. Where/how did you read the novel? Are the other ones available?

I have a question because of the title. Is the anime already done with the first anthology (Joker Game) and is now adaptiing the second short stories book (Double Joker) ? I would have rather a two episodes format for every short of the novels adapted, it looks like they just crammed everything in (with the weekly 5minutes of speech resuming what should have been visible on screen) to start the second one.

I doubt that after such a try, they will go on animating the third novel (and first non-anthology book) of the series.

I would like to have any opinion/insight from a reader of the original, please.
Jun 26, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
If I'm following this correctly, the D-Agency guys weren't in this one (not visibly)... but I can't really recognize who is who anyways.
Jul 1, 2016 6:34 PM

Mar 2015
And now we have a rival agency hence Double-Joker game. should be fun
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 30, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
When that spy killed that butler (or whatever sort of helper/staff he was) I knew he wasn't from D-Agency... though I'm also thinking he could probably be a double spy or something. IDK. This anime really makes your head work when I don't want it to. lol. But I like this episode! Hope it gets better with Part 2~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Aug 3, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode! Let's see what happens next!
Aug 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
Boring episode.
Another spy agency, I don't like it.
May 24, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2012
TsudaKen!
Dat money.
Almost got caught.
Wow. No pride.
Dat double joker game.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 1, 2019 3:01 AM

Jul 2016
BurntJelly said:
If I'm following this correctly, the D-Agency guys weren't in this one (not visibly)... but I can't really recognize who is who anyways.

Or is the main character from D agency and the death was faked...
Apr 8, 2020 1:23 AM

Aug 2017
zurgboy00 said:
To make things simpler
sakuma - military spy
hatano - flour bomb spy
fukumoto - coin spy
kaminaga - tortured spy
tazaki - card deck spy
amari - crosswords spy
gamou - double joker spy

thank you! its hard to keep track with their faces but i love the voice of Tazaki

May 8, 2021 7:50 PM

Oct 2019
Finally a good episode. So now there are two competing Imperial Army spy agencies, D-Agency and Wind Agency. We know about the former and how they are wired, but the latter apparently want to be both spies and soldiers, kind of like have their cake and eat it too. Which is why they will almost certainly fail in their competition against D-Agency.

There are a lot of valid reasons why it is a very, very bad idea for spies to kill their assets (unless, in rare cases, they absolutely have to). Our master chess player killed poor Chou when he was no longer any use to him, probably because it was part of his training and/or warped ideology (and also a kind of test to become official agent). Why was that a bad idea?

Because the overly cautious British ambassador might suspect Chou was being used by a Japanese spy who then got rid of him. As a result there is a risk he will abort his planned meeting with the Japanese diplomat and the entire mission will turn into a bust (even if he doesn't, and I don't think he will since this is a 2-parter, in some other circumstances the murder of an asset, especially when committed prematurely, would almost certainly sabotage the mission).

It was particularly stupid to kill Chou before the meeting, which is to take place in a week. It appears that the Wind Agency guys are amateurs who do not understand how espionage works, trained by an amateur who thinks only soldiers can become spies.

This is why Yuuki refused to hire soldiers. You cannot be both a soldier and a spy (particularly not a pre-WW2 Japanese Imperial soldier who has drunk tons of cool-aid about "the immense honor of killing / dying in battle"), you need to choose.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

155 by yveltalkyogre »»
Sep 25, 6:09 PM

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.