Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not sure what to think of that new character tbh. I mean, I think she knows her stuff in and out about the game and also has a cute partner to fight with. Still, I'm not sure she can be entirely trusted.

This was quite an episode though regarding Fuimo and Ruko's battle against her.

Stark700Oct 31, 2014 11:25 AM
Oct 31, 2014 9:35 AM
May 2013
Yatta! Old Ruu is back!
That Iona lv 5 as well though.

Speaking of Iona, I it appears she is gonna play a huge role in the plot. Looks really good, and the story has potential to get quite dark! :)

Great episode, we got more explanation as well. Looking forward to what this show brings.
Oct 31, 2014 10:53 AM

May 2013
Looks like things are starting to unravel towards the end there. Ru seems back to her old self and enjoying that battle.
Oct 31, 2014 11:10 AM

Feb 2013
babymilo91 said:
Looks like things are starting to unravel towards the end there.

I got even more doubts after this episode though ^^"

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Oct 31, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Futase's battle againt Ru! It was nice to see Ru getting back to her old self and enjoying the battle after Iona helped. Iona being "special" and turning into a level 5.

Futase being a LRIG too before becoming Fumio! The girl of black and the girl of white!

Mayu's last sentence gave me the chills ~_~
Oct 31, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Ru regained her will to fight the question is will she have it during the next battle?
Another revelation was made but Iona being the one seems to obvious which makes me question if she really is the girl they where talking about.
Seems Mayu was interested in her tho, but from the looks of it she is interested in others as well.
It's still a question what she is planning but her plan seems to involve Tama, Ulith. Ruko and Iona.
Oct 31, 2014 12:51 PM
Jan 2014
As more things get unfolded, the mystery gets even deeper. Apart from the lackluster battle, this episode was very good. The atmosphere was just amazing and engulfing.

Great way to introduce the mystery novelist Futase Fumio. Her backstory was evoking and felt very suitable for the kind of theme this anime is known for.

I'm glad Iona is making her turn now. She was really starting to feel neglected, prior to this episode at least.

Tama's current state is also handled well, without it being too melodramatic and awkward.

FatefulLove said:

I know, right? The atmosphere was so strong, it even managed to prolong itself until the very end of the episode.
Oct 31, 2014 1:33 PM
May 2014
Aversa said:
Another revelation was made but Iona being the one seems to obvious which makes me question if she really is the girl they where talking about.

There isn't much doubt that it was her she was talking about.

Now it sort of became clear exactly why Iona wanted to be Ru's LRIG, or to be exact, to
be LRIG to someone stronger than herself. If she's going to have any chance to beat the white girl
then she apparently had to.

But if so, who or what is Tama really?
I mean, the girl in black (which at least logically is the white's opposite) apparently can't
fulfill Ru's wish (and probably don't want to anyway), but Tama said that she felt that she could do it.
Is the girl in white really Mayu..or is it Tama?

Next episode's title is apparently "That Existence is Dark Black". The one at the end of the preview
(23:42) didn't look so sane.
konatachan80Oct 31, 2014 1:54 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 31, 2014 1:49 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Iona reached Lv 5 and destroyed Fumio's LRIG. That's the Tama we all want to see, her ambition for more battles.

I'm curious who Mayu is, and if she was ever a human. Then there's the totally unexpected plot twist that would be killer, Yuzuki being the Girl in Black xD.

I'm going to say it's not Iona. Something about Mayu just isn't right.

Oct 31, 2014 1:53 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As predicted last week, Futase Fumio had been a LRIG before. I wonder where Fumio is now.. She's probably become someone's LRIG by now.

Battle part was a little anticlimactic. Ruuko's MC power boosted up in the face of defeat, causing Iona to achieve level 5. Her new outfit is awesome though!

Mayu's smile creeped me out a bit. She seems to know about the story of Girl of White & Black.
Never really thought Iona had the desire to erase Mayu's existence (I still don't), that is if she's actually the Girl of Black and Mayu is the Girl of White. It could also be Tama.
I say the Girl of Black used to be Ulith and since Iona has taken her place, such dark aura may emit out of her.

Good episode. Aki-lovely-crazy-bitch appears next week. I hope Hitoe runs the hell out of her sight.

Oct 31, 2014 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Shaniyaz said:
As predicted last week, Futase Fumio had been a LRIG before. I wonder where Fumio is now.. She's probably become someone's LRIG by now.

Battle part was a little anticlimactic. Ruuko's MC power boosted up in the face of defeat, causing Iona to achieve level 5. Her new outfit is awesome though!

Mayu's smile creeped me out a bit. She seems to know about the story of Girl of White & Black.
Never really thought Iona had the desire to erase Mayu's existence (I still don't), that is if she's actually the Girl of Black and Mayu is the Girl of White. It could also be Tama.
I say the Girl of Black used to be Ulith and since Iona has taken her place, such dark aura may emit out of her.

Good episode. Aki-lovely-crazy-bitch appears next week. I hope Hitoe runs the hell out of her sight.

No you are wrong about that Iona already erased Tama existence to quote Obi Wan "From a certain point of view." replacing Tama erased her current existence.
Oct 31, 2014 3:49 PM

Feb 2014
Having fun apparently makes you invincible.
Oct 31, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2013
Amazing episode.
Ru getting the confidence to fight back, turning Iona into a Lv 5.

That talk of the Girl of Black, White and Gray..
Definitely know something ain't right with Mayu.
Iona being the girl of the black seems a little too obvious.

Was thinking that Mayu is the girl of the black.
And of course, Tama to be the girl of white.
With this series anything could be possible..
Oct 31, 2014 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Ruko regained her will to fight.

I wonder where Fumio is.
Oct 31, 2014 4:40 PM
Jun 2011
my old ruko is back finally
Oct 31, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Great, more riddles and questions. We're nearly halfway through the season and still nothing makes sense. I really hope this series wraps up properly.

On the other hand I've noticed Iona making a gradual but significant change. From wanting a battle-thirsty-Ruko to instead giving her heartfelt encouragement. Those words weren't calculated at all, it's as though Iona just wants Ruko to be happy.

For next ep, I'm looking forward to some delicious Aki-Crazy action
Oct 31, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2012
Knew Futase was a former selector, but is she so dedicated now to LRIG Fumio or Mayu? I would assume Fumio but it was a little unclear. Dunno if it matters though, since her purpose was to identify Iona as the Girl in Black.

Well now we have a whole new wrinkle in the works to think about, holy hell. I don't see why Iona wouldn't be the Girl in Black, otherwise it would be pointless for Mayu to say what she did.

Speaking of, that foreboding message will end up being very telling I think. Dirty to a shade of gray as an effect of trying to go from Black to White. Whatever that will mean, it's likely the same thing can happen from trying to go from White to Black. So what I'm wondering is, is Mayu gray now? Since she certainly isn't purehearted, wouldn't it make sense to assume that she 'tried' to turn Black and ended up gray(whatever practical meaning that has)? And if that's the case, maybe a new Girl of White had to be born? Hello Tama. But where did she come from? I'd guess they'll find some way to apply her birth from the situation to the process of the selectors, but I can't really think of any reasonable examples.

It's pointless to speculate too much right now since we don't know exactly what it means to be the Girl in White or Black, so hopefully we get more on that very soon. One thing is for sure though, there are now even more crazy possibilities at hand, especially in the matter of Tama's existence and how she got to be in her Season 1 state. I've got a weird and baseless theory but I'll hold off for now until we know a bit more about Mayu.
Oct 31, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2011
I think Mayu was human before, and was chilfriend with Tama and Iona.
Oct 31, 2014 6:17 PM

May 2013
Its my first time to cheer for Iona and that level 5 was rare.

But, also, PLOT TWISTS IS HAPPENING NOW.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 31, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
konatachan80 said:
Aversa said:

Now it sort of became clear exactly why Iona wanted to be Ru's LRIG, or to be exact, to
be LRIG to someone stronger than herself. If she's going to have any chance to beat the white girl

I mean, the girl in black (which at least logically is the white's opposite) apparently can't
fulfill Ru's wish (and probably don't want to anyway), but Tama said that she felt that she could do it.

Next episode's title is apparently "That Existence is Dark Black". The one at the end of the preview

I think the girl in white is Tama and the girl in black is Iona and Iona was already chosen as the girl in black but Iona wished to be in Tama's place(the girl in white) which made Iona, gray, like they said at the end.
Oct 31, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2014
FatefulLove said:

Same here, especially when the music stopped and the episode title frame was played before the last phrase.

-Resident- said:
Apart from the lackluster battle, this episode was very good. The atmosphere was just amazing and engulfing.Great way to introduce the mystery novelist Futase Fumio. Her backstory was evoking and felt very suitable for the kind of theme this anime is known for. I know, right? The atmosphere was so strong, it even managed to prolong itself until the very end of the episode.

agree for the most part
intro/recap was crap
Why should Ruko and Hitoe be that surprised at Futase knowing about tainted wishes and girl LRIG swaps when they came to her for more knowledge about WIXOSS? Oh wait, Mari Okada.

Level 5 Iona was, as Chiyori (and I love her for saying it) put it, cliché.
Futase being meta by saying "reality isn't a story where you can turn the tables to get out of a predicament", right before that happens to her.

3/5
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 31, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
So Iona happens to be able to grow to Level 5. The way it was shown was cliched considering Ruko happened to know that while we did not.
Oct 31, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2010
Interesting episode! I like both Fumio and Futase. Futase was quite cute when she was an LRIG. I do have to wonder where Fumio ended up. Maybe they will be united again by the end. But, I do have to question why Futase didn't tell Fumio what was going to happen when she became an eternal girl?
Nov 1, 2014 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
wow, this episode was good! fumio's backstory was really well done imo. i wonder if she turned into a LRIG we've already seen, like midoriko?
Nov 1, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2010
I still wonder what happened to the crazed Tama foreshadowing from S1's OP tho.
Nov 1, 2014 9:00 AM
May 2011
Meritas said:
I still wonder what happened to the crazed Tama foreshadowing from S1's OP tho.

Exactly my thoughts on this.
This series is getting very interesting. I always had a little bit of "meh" in me about this series (considering some of the characters are very annoying, chiyori for example)
I'm not the best thinker out there, but as other people have said, I do believe that Iona is the girl of black and Tama is the girl of white. The girl of white is supposedly pure-hearted, and by this episodes revelations (and events from previous episodes) we know that Mayu is not as pure-hearted as one would think.
Now, whether Mayu wanted to become the girl of black or Iona wanted to become the girl of white, exactly where Tama comes from in this story, and how it went down is still very confusing to all of us.
We can only speculate and wait another week.

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Nov 1, 2014 9:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That advanced the story by quite a bit. No way we could've seen the Level 5 coming though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 1, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2013
Level 5? That's a new one. Lucky for Iona she was able to do it thanks to Ruuko.
I was expecting Futase to be an LRIG. She had that aura of being one. Some background of Fumio and Futase were shown. Her wish was granted. Futase Fumio is now a novelist.
Nov 1, 2014 10:19 AM
Apr 2014
This is getting really weird. But at least this episode was better than the other episodes of season 2. Can just hope they keep it up.
Nov 1, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2014
Wait- if Iona is the girl of black, where does that leave Ulith? Wasn't there a scene previously that showed Mayu with Tama and Ulith? And if Tama is the girl of white, why is Ruko so "special"? Maybe the "girl of white/black" refers to a LRIG/Selector pair? Is Mayu gray because she embodies black and white? And what's the significance of it being the "white garden" then?

SO CONFUSED. I LOVE THIS SHOW.
Nov 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
So Ruko knew that Iona could grow? What's the situation with Ulith, I'm guessing that was she the original Girl of Black and that's been inherited down to Iona?

An encounter with Aki-Crazy and Hanayo next episode~
jbocasNov 1, 2014 12:11 PM
Nov 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
Ruko is annoying as fuck. At least the girl of white and black aeem interestimg
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 1, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2010
This series has a fucking amazingly creepy and dark atmosphere when it wants and it does it without SHOCK FACTOR or overly gruesome scenes which just makes it all the better.
SimmianPrimeNov 1, 2014 4:08 PM
Nov 2, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2014
Maybe Ruko will become Mayu the 2nd because she is different that the other selectors....
Or I think, for the selector, Ruko is the girl of white and Iona is the girl of black... and for the LRIG, Tama is the girl of white and Ulith is the girl of black....

Shit!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the next episode....... more secrets will be reveal and more battle.....

I want more despair!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2014 8:37 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, that was an intense episode! The battle was pretty cool...and it looks like Ruko got her will to fight back!

The background story about Futase Fumio was interesting. I wonder what the deal is with all of this "girl of black" and "girl of white" stuff, though.
Noodle070Nov 4, 2014 3:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2012
Iona LVL5! Totally awesome.

Never expected her to be the one to encourage Ruko though...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 3, 2014 12:42 AM

Oct 2011
Mind Bleeped 0_______0

She was a LRIG all this timie

Level 5 OMG

Iona being Girl in Black or Ulith???

Girl in white is Tama
Nov 3, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2014
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Level 5!!!!!?????? That's what I call Eternal form or should I say GM, Beyond Godlike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 3, 2014 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
I love how Chiyori is calling out things as cliche.
Nov 3, 2014 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
Compl3te said:
konatachan80 said:

I think the girl in white is Tama and the girl in black is Iona and Iona was already chosen as the girl in black but Iona wished to be in Tama's place(the girl in white) which made Iona, gray, like they said at the end.

Wait... then what in the world is Mayu? is she some alternate Tama existence?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 3, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2009
Really good episode. Futase had such a sad life. This show can be depressing when it wants to be.

Interesting revelation at the end. We'll have to see where they take it from here.
Nov 3, 2014 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
Boring episode.
Nov 3, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2011
Tama = Girl in White
Iori = Girl in Black (originally)

Since Iori asked to be the Girl of White she turned into Gray.

» Escapism.

Nov 3, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
Holy level 5! This is starting to get interesting. I love Fumio's character design.

That smile at the end by Mayu is pure evil!
Zanos1Nov 3, 2014 5:42 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 4, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
New chick! D:
Futase Fumio. :3
Turns out she's an LRIG. :O Just like Yuzuki. :/ Problem is, where's the real Fumio? o-o I wonder.....is she stuck with the "White Girl"
And Iona.....what's wrong with her?
The....."Black Girl"? o-o Did she used to be trapped in the world of Selectors just like Mayu? :O

I wonder.....this is getting more interesting now. :3
Nov 7, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, reveals just enough to stay interesting.
Nov 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Sep 2010
I'm only 5 minutes into this episode so far, but everyone's nose is really bugging me! Watch between 3.39 - 4.35. All 8 noses seen look ridiculous. Ruko's is just a half-assed diamond and Chiyo's got a dark bean stuck on her face. I'm sure they can't have been this bad before...
Nov 10, 2014 10:06 PM
May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Compl3te said:

Wait... then what in the world is Mayu? is she some alternate Tama existence?

She is apparently Girl of Fate according to the story Futase(?) was telling at 20:28.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 12, 2014 1:14 AM

Sep 2010
While it was exciting to see Iona grow to level 5, it also feels contrived for her to have a level that no-one knew about, and for Ruuko to be making a move which everyone else probably thought was illegal.

It's more interesting when a move is perfectly legal, but doesn't actually look like a good move until it actually plays out.
Ex. Yugioh: Yami seizes control of revival jam, triggering an endless loop of Slifer attacking and jam reviving, causing Strings to deck out; a very rarely invoked victory condition.

Given that WIXOSS doesn't focus on the game, we probably won't see anything like that, but the first season gives us something just a interesting:
You probably wanted Ruuko to win her battles against Hitoe (simply because Ruuko was a lot better) and Akira (because Akira was a complete bitch). However, you probably regret it later when you realise that Ruuko contributed 1 of the required 3 losses for Hitoe and Akira to have their wishes inverted.

Also, as much as you hated Akira, this line from her after losing to Ruuko probably hit you hard:
"You don't have any wishes, right? Then... WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE MINE FROM ME?!"
TakataNov 12, 2014 1:20 AM
Nov 14, 2014 9:02 PM

Dec 2013
Tbh Mayu looks more like kuroi shoujo to me. Futase could be Midoriko?
BenphyreNov 14, 2014 9:07 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.