Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2014 4:09 AM

Apr 2013
So a ship has set sail, but I'm calling it.

Either one of them dies, or both of them die.
What are you looking here for
Feb 11, 2014 5:37 AM

Dec 2008
I must try a bowl of Ari-men.

Mitty and Chiharu make such a cute couple! I find Mitty's chubiness to actually be quite adorable and he seems like such a sweetheart. Please don't kill them off!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 11, 2014 5:58 AM

Oct 2011
Really nice interaction between Mitsuo and Chiharu in this episode, they're so cute! With the next episode preview it seems like one of them will die but I almost think it's too obvious for the death to be one of them. Kinda confused at how we're halfway through the series and Ignacio still has barely any development.
Feb 11, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was kind of meh for me; hopefully the next episode will make up for it.
Feb 11, 2014 8:16 AM

Dec 2013
Pure filler episode.

Ari will definitely find out about Claire being Nina first (bandaged fingers)

That death flag........ sighs...... and I actually liked this couple (Mitty reminds me of a timid version of the fatty from High school of the dead).

Aaaand the admiral is a perv. XD

Can't wait to see who dies the Glorious death next ep. Could be surprising.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 11, 2014 9:21 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, whatever happen to those unidentified planes that've appeared last episode, I mean no awesome air to air battle that have transpired?

So they've reach the holy spring and they wanted expendable trainees to do the recon.

Ari-men, that's quite an orgasmic concept, not bad for them enterprising class-2 commoners.
Feb 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
xchee said:
Lol at all the people complaining about "nothing" happening. This episode is the calm before the storm. The group's having a good time now with all their friends but what happens if something goes horribly wrong in their next mission? Imagine if this episode didn't exist and then in the next episode Chiharu and Mitsuo died. Do you think any of us would care (as much)? It would just look like two of Kal's friends died, poor them. Shit just got real. Next. And then by the end of it, people will just complain that this series has no character development and felt hollow. Smh.

That said, I hope Chiharu or Mitsuo doesn't die :(

This, you just said what I wanted to say in a proper manner. I would go 'fuck you mofo, calm down, this episode has a fucking thing for the next episodes to come. fuckyou". Glad I don't have to type that.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 11, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
goood episode,I want Ari-men.
I think the next epidode will be really good.

"Here's our chance! Let's go!"
Feb 11, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2013
The title of the next episode is too obvious. Shit's going to get real.
Feb 11, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
ari-men, ramen, whatever it is - looks good *_*
mitty and chiharu pretty much confirmed to die lmfao
Feb 11, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2013
xchee said:
Lol at all the people complaining about "nothing" happening. This episode is the calm before the storm. The group's having a good time now with all their friends but what happens if something goes horribly wrong in their next mission? Imagine if this episode didn't exist and then in the next episode Chiharu and Mitsuo died. Do you think any of us would care (as much)? It would just look like two of Kal's friends died, poor them. Shit just got real. Next. And then by the end of it, people will just complain that this series has no character development and felt hollow. Smh.

See,the problem is that all the trainees are FILLER MATERIAL and barely anything else,therefore making it hard to care for them regardless of whether this episode existed or no(if anything,this episode just felt like a cheap atempt to do just that,shallow character development doesn't make up for actual one). The adults are side characters as well but at least they help the story move forward instead of wasting precious time on such filler episodes. We all know the real meat of this anime revolves around Karl & Claire.

These complaints come from the fact that this show has the potential to be pretty damn good but it can also easily turn into a trainwreck with just a few wrong steps,especially since it has a story that could most likely cover 2-cours yet it only gets one to work with one. As such,it can hardly afford to waste precious time on things that don't contribute to the main story.
ManlyTearFeb 11, 2014 1:22 PM
Feb 11, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't even need to see the preview to know that either Mitty or Chiharu will probably die pretty soon. At least, the fat guy got the girl even though it may be a short time. I could be wrong though, we'll see next week.
Feb 11, 2014 3:26 PM
Jul 2013
Ari-men, should be delicious.
Feb 11, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
Jmac said:
I didn't even need to see the preview to know that either Mitty or Chiharu will probably die pretty soon. At least, the fat guy got the girl even though it may be a short time. I could be wrong though, we'll see next week.

^ Same! I started crying at the end, because I could sense death flags for one or both of them. Ugh the only canon couple so far will suffer :(

Was a mediocre episode (same as Log Horizon's restaurant episode) but the last part made me bump up the rating a bit. I do like the development that the adults are adding into the story, but could they find it a more interesting way to throw it in instead of a ramen-centric episode? LOL
Feb 11, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2010
Marow said:
Don't trust the synopsis. This is actually a cooking show.

Yeah.. nothing really happened in this episode except noodles.

If they chill around like this will they ever reach the end of the sky by 12th episode.. lol

Edit: Oh so many have already noticed it.
Feb 11, 2014 4:26 PM

Dec 2012
'Ari-men'

fullmetalbenderFeb 11, 2014 5:53 PM
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 11, 2014 5:01 PM

May 2008
xchee said:

Before this I thought Chiharu was really annoying, even more than Ari.
Feb 11, 2014 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
I bet they'll get into trouble and one of the instructors will sacrifice themselves to save them. Or not, either way nothing of value will be lost.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2012
Amarrez said:
That was alright. I have to say, Micchan and Chiharu are really cute togeth-

"Episode 7: A Glorious Death"

Oh come the fuck on

Hahaha, my thoughts exactly. Although, it would be very hilarious if somebody else died instead of those two. lol
Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2010
xchee said:

So character development is an excuse for bad writing and useless padding then? good to know.
Feb 12, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
I thought it was a good episode and the writing for this show has been okay so far. Our opinions differ so we'll just have to agree to disagree :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Dec 2011
Ooh, a relaxing episode this time... oh well, I can't wait to see on the other side of that spring and why the Sky Clan do not want other humans to be in their domain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 8:58 AM

Sep 2007
DEATH FLAG! Bye bye Mitty!

Feb 13, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2013
SO MANY FUCKING FLAGS! PEOPLE BE DYING!
Feb 13, 2014 8:11 PM
Apr 2011
Laid back episode. I'm always amazed by the reaction of the people eating the ramen...it got to be something special if it gives you instantaneous orgasm after the first bite.

I like character development, but I can't even remember half of these people's name let alone really care about their development. Just get on with the plot, this episode was cool but a waste of an episode that could have been used for something more productive.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Feb 13, 2014 9:43 PM

Jan 2013
I thought for sure he was going to be friendzoned.
But then she said "Hold my hand" in that adorably cute sincere voice.

This episode as a whole was kind of boring though
Feb 13, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2011
Wasn't the best episode, but it was ok.
Feb 14, 2014 2:11 AM

Nov 2012
woho!!! ari-men does look really delicious XD
nice episode btw..
I wonder whats with the couple :o
Feb 15, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2008
.... I don't think I've seen THIS many death-flags in one episode.
Feb 17, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
Oh yeah, big ol' smelly death flags coming from the forced, shallow development of Mitty x Chiharu. Feels like a cheap attempt to draw out the audience's emotions.

This was a bit of an "eh" episode, compared to what we've seen from the last 5. And it wasn't because of its "calm before the storm" aspect; a lot of shows do that, and it's not a bad idea to have a moment of respite before the real shit hits the fan, or in this case the airscrews. I have to say, it's mainly due to the unnecessary focus given to the side characters who's roles have already been defined as peripheral.
-Trippwire-Feb 17, 2014 7:58 PM
Feb 21, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

This series I like, but also leaves me unsatisfied, I feel as if every time I was missing something.
Plot that dissociates the couple KalXNina for MittyXChiharu, Yay!
Rough drawing, gosh!
I wonder if with the next installment in this series will take off or will all postponed to a possible second series, who knows?
If there was a bit of drama would not hurt, given the subdued tones too contracted by the narrative.
Feb 27, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
okay... cool story bro but make this the last time please.. no more shitty romance between side characters Kal X Claire or no romance at all the plot itself it pretty interesting enough anyway
Feb 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
wow... so many death flags u_u

I hope we can see more of Ignacio, we just don't know anything about him yet.
Mar 10, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
I hope neither Mitsuo nor Chiharu die. Usually only the main characters end up together, and him having a not so favorable physique on top of being a side character that wasn't even shown all that much made that really stand out over other anime.

Kal x Nina is obvious - until he figures out who she really is. Most likely they will end up together anyways.
Mar 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Jun 2011
The series turned out to be quite generic for the past few episodes, lots of cringeworthy moments.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 17, 2014 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
Dear god, a girl scared of fighting and a too much confident fatty guy having some romantic time before a battle... Death flaaaaaag
And to add to that, the next episode title is ''An heroic death'', that's just too much coincidence xD

Man, those ramen got me hungry :P
Huh, did the blond-haired officer had an orgasm eating those ramen..? Damn, they must be good.

I think that Kal and Claire relationship is a bit turning in round. It's like the two of them are pushing themself away. It's a bit annoying.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2014 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
A calm before the glorious death.

Oh freaking great! Just great!
Apr 5, 2014 7:04 AM

May 2012
This episode made me really hungry :/ Pretty decent school-festival like episode! Let's see what's next.
Aug 15, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
I'm scared. I don't want anyone to die. I like everyone. Please don't kill anyone.

Episode 7 seems to be the most shocking.

Also, those teachers are hilarious. I really liked his screams of pain.
Jan 2, 2015 8:10 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The preview for next episode has me worried. I hope the sudden Chiharu development isn't what I think it is.

Ari-men, lol. I'd like to try it one day. Based on the expression by Sonia it has to be heart stealing good.

Holy Spring reached.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.