Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hazama laughs too fucking much tbh. The fight felt blend and lacking.

Oh well at least Noel is back to her normal self again. Ending felt lackluster as well. Sigh.
Dec 24, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Shit show. 4/10.
Dec 24, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
quite possibly the worst anime adaption ever made, 2/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2013 8:43 PM

Sep 2008
Oh well... all hype were gone after 1-2 eps so nothing new to say here...
at least they should have made Ragna vs Hazama battle something better animated and memorable, not like "Idea Engine On" and horribly animated "devoured by darkness"
and god damn that sound FX was so fuckin poor... that stupid explosion sound on every fuckin kick! I mean wtf... I dunno, I think Mori san must redeem himself and make better adaptation in the future, like prequel Movie or CP based movie or w/e just better adapted than this crap.
Dec 24, 2013 9:25 PM
Feb 2009
In terms of animation quality, it was probably the best this ep o_O
I enjoyed the ride, but I guess Mizushima did jinx himself and killed the series back in arcfes :v
Dec 24, 2013 9:49 PM
Mar 2012
I guess Mori made this just to Noel animated.

It seems they actually do a couple fixes of the animation on the BD/DVD version, though it doesn't change the fact the story is butchered so much.

They should made this at least 2 cour. Also, they made most of the characters aren't even relevant on this adaptation , they're only appeared once and never appear again on the remaining episodes.
Dec 24, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
melina_putri said:
I guess Mori made this just to Noel animated.

It seems they actually do a couple fixes of the animation on the BD/DVD version, though it doesn't change the fact the story is butchered so much.

They should made this at least 2 cour. Also, they made most of the characters aren't even relevant on this adaptation , they're only appeared once and never appear again on the remaining episodes.

The characters are probably the biggest offense of this trainwreck, its one thing to butcher the story but the fact they somehow couldnt even remotely follow the character's personalities for even the short moments they appear makes this feel like a horrible joke, I think relius was the only character they didnt completly fuck up personality wise, and ragna is by far the worst adapted of all of them, aside from making him look week and useless as shit they ended up making him act like jin most of the time, ragna is cold in the game but in this they made him act like a sociopath

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2011
Terrible, even at the end. How I wish they adapted the game properly, not this rushed adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2013 10:53 PM

May 2013
Good episode. This anime was alright to watch. Not really good, but okay.
Dec 24, 2013 10:54 PM

Jun 2012
So bad. Nothing good to say about this.
Dec 24, 2013 11:02 PM
Mar 2012
I enjoyed it for what it's worth, which isn't much. But man, gonna spend my Christmas replaying the games, I don't want my last BlazBlue experience to be watching some horribly adapted anime.

I must admit, animation quality was much better in the last episode. But this series could have been so much better adapted, I don't even know where to start complaining. Remake and BD corrections when.
Dec 25, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Well that was sad. .

Dec 25, 2013 4:20 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, dear looks like this anime has a lot of loose ends.
Dec 25, 2013 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
Rachel Alucard is the only decent girl character in the whole series and also my fave, the rest are annoying :D ^_^
Dec 25, 2013 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
5/10

You know why?

Platinum The Trinity has less screen time!
i want her!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 25, 2013 7:00 AM

Jun 2013
What the fuck did I just waste my 12 weeks for ? So much potentials wasted.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Dec 25, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2013
Enjoyed it, the last episode was somewhat rushed.
Can't hate it or call it shit unlike others.
Dec 25, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
So much wasted potential T_T
Dec 25, 2013 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
2/10.

Forced myself to watch it since I had nothing else to watch on Tuesdays lol.

This shit was so laughably bad that I have no idea how it was even given the green light.
Dec 25, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
Finally finished this bullshit and now the ending is suggesting for a 2nd season? LMAO.

Dec 25, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2009
Zeta986 said:
5/10

You know why?

Platinum The Trinity has less screen time!
i want her!

I agree, plus this anime lacks badass Rachel moments. One of my most desired animes and it's strongly disappointing. T_T
Dec 25, 2013 10:01 AM
May 2010
Overall a laughable adaption... i can only dream that BB will someday get a 2 cour ufotable adaption >_<
Blazblue Quality memory indeed.
Dec 25, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2011
4/10
Dec 25, 2013 11:09 AM

Oct 2010
Stticked to it till the end so I can say with 100% certainty that this show was pure garbage. This is a disgrace. The only good thing about this show was opening song and nothing else. Bad animation, static and boring camera angles, butchered personalities with even more butchered story sequences. I remember that I always wanted a Guilty Gear anime, but after seeing this, I don't think I want one.

Just gonna enjoy Chrono Phantasma and forget this piece of shit ever existed...
Dec 25, 2013 1:22 PM
Jul 2013
I did not find a good ending, maybe it was because there will be sequel.

* RIP BlazBlue: Alter Memory*
Dec 25, 2013 2:47 PM
Nov 2008
Sequel? God, have mercy!

I find Diabolic Lovers worse, but it still was much more interesting! That's quite an achievement. I've seen what was happening and couldn't understand it at all! If you want to spend some money on sth, then put some effort into it. What's the point in doing an anime that won't satisfy anybody? Even those, who actually played the game?
Dec 25, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2012
Dear God so much hate going on in this thread, I'm afraid to even post my opinion on the show.

Esheraz said:
Enjoyed it, the last episode was somewhat rushed.
Can't hate it or call it shit unlike others.

+1 here, fight was kinda rushed, but loved the face-off between 2 groups.
Dec 25, 2013 4:47 PM
Mar 2011
Just wanted to chime in and say I enjoyed the anime immensely. Animation quality was quite high overall and the story line was extremely enjoyable, despite a few filler episodes. You really don't see many anime that has this much background. The only draw back to me was that it was clear there was a lot that the viewer was assumed to have known and they didn't delve into that back story. That said, the anime was definitely enjoyable and understandable without that knowledge (never heard of this before the first ep, which was absolutely amazing).

I'd give both this ep and the series an 8/10. Deff something i'd suggest watching for anyone who's into the fantasy genre.

I'm also pretty sure that the people saying they disliked it are those who know the whole story from the games/LN and are disappointed that there wasn't more in the anime. As stated above, the anime is a good stand alone, but i could see it disappointing someone who is very familiar with the series.
Dec 25, 2013 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting ep.
Didn't play the game, but Noel lived :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 25, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Last episode was ok, this? no no no no... Do they imply that they'll be having a sequel? Hell no! I only got interested at episode 11, and the rest, me full of question marks in my head.

They should go to the path of Ecchi / Hentai to hook more people, so even though we don't understand the whole story, at least there's still some we will look out for.
Dec 25, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't understand shit. good action scenes tho. Stop making video game adaptations!!! they're all shit!

5/10
Dec 25, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2011
Chikasole said:
Overall a laughable adaption... i can only dream that BB will someday get a 2 cour ufotable adaption >_<
Blazblue Quality memory indeed.
imagine a scene animated by ufo table that depicted the 6 heroes vs the black beast as well as hazama's betrayal against them, my god the thought of that makes me drool

iamdarrenearl said:

They should go to the path of Ecchi / Hentai to hook more people, so even though we don't understand the whole story, at least there's still some we will look out for.
Im disappointed in humanity reading this

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 25, 2013 8:18 PM
Apr 2013
I think the anime was okay. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible as well.

As someone who never played the story in the games I understood most of it.

I hope you guys know that the ending doesn't really follow up to a season 2, but moreso it follows up to Chrono Phantasma, the next game that came out in Japan last month. The anime just covered Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift (though they definitely rushed the former)

They might make a second season anyways after the whole Blazblue story is done in the games.

I am disappointed at the lack of many character appearances like Platinum and such, especially in terms of action. But ah well, I guess that's what the games were for :V
GpopDec 25, 2013 8:21 PM
Dec 26, 2013 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
Not bad ending, but I didn't like it.

Ragna just saved Noel and then... finished =_=
Finally its over.
Dec 26, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
Not really good as a final episode, but i still somewhat enjoyed it. If there's a plan for a 2nd season, i hope for a different studio to handle it, or at least improve the animation quality and the screenplay.

7/10

yodaz said:
Just wanted to chime in and say I enjoyed the anime immensely. Animation quality was quite high overall and the story line was extremely enjoyable, despite a few filler episodes. You really don't see many anime that has this much background. The only draw back to me was that it was clear there was a lot that the viewer was assumed to have known and they didn't delve into that back story. That said, the anime was definitely enjoyable and understandable without that knowledge (never heard of this before the first ep, which was absolutely amazing).

I'd give both this ep and the series an 8/10. Deff something i'd suggest watching for anyone who's into the fantasy genre.

I'm also pretty sure that the people saying they disliked it are those who know the whole story from the games/LN and are disappointed that there wasn't more in the anime. As stated above, the anime is a good stand alone, but i could see it disappointing someone who is very familiar with the series.

Well, in case you're not trolling, i'm glad to know that the anime's still enjoyable to the people that don't play the game.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 26, 2013 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
I hope sugita is not traumatized after this
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 26, 2013 1:10 PM
Nov 2013
They imply a sequel because BlazBlue keeps going after continuum shift, DUH.
But eh, hard to expect a good review from this, considered the story, character and overall is deeper than it looks (again, if you play the game, you'll be able to grasp a lot of information, from characters' perspectives for example). It's not Street Fighter but they could learn it from Deen like Fate Stay Night which it's a visual novel based and yet it received a good amount of like.

There are tons of animes with low budget but still managed to keep up the good work.

I love Blazblue and I supported it until the end but I admit it just ruined it for me. Loved the fight but a gap was left for me even if I know pretty much the game.

Also didn't Relius killed Hazama instead of Ragna? Couldn't they show it? I thought for a second that he lived since he got spared.
Dec 26, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2010
Noel's pants are really fancy.

3/10, I can't even bring myself to say my motivations because they are quite obvious I think.

vilmarbf said:
I hope sugita is not traumatized after this

Yeah, I hope he doesn't quit voice acting.
Dec 26, 2013 1:15 PM

May 2012
7/10

I do hope there is a sequel.
Dec 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
I have to stop sitting through anime adapted from games I have no interesting in playing.
4/10
Dec 26, 2013 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
The last episode was a little entertaining but it's just a bland ending to a very bland adaption.

I'm kinda on the fence about this show overall though..

It wasn't good but at the same time it wasn't as godawful as everyone puts it out to be.

I'm a fans of the blaz series but honestly, this wasnt adapted very well, it did no justice for the games it was based on and it felt super rushed only to appeal to those that already know the back story(maybe because 12 eps wasnt enough).
Dec 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
I have never played a game but I think it was really bad. I am glad it's over :)
Dec 27, 2013 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
FINALLY this anime ended I had enough of it :|
So much wasted potential so much time wasted
I did good job not dropping this
4/10

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 27, 2013 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
I actually thought this episode was pretty good and the anime overall was okay.

I think that this actually derives from the fact that I've played through CT's story but not CS's story, so I had some backstory but the CS main plot was new to me.

So tl;dr: it was okay, could have been worse, you know? Helps a lot if you played through CT.
Dec 27, 2013 5:20 AM

Mar 2010
yodaz said:

I have played the games although never the story, and this was a truly horrible adaption, even as a stand alone. And I wanted to like this considering how much I liked the game. The animation budget was laughably low and please don't tramuatize anyone by recommending this garbage.

3/10
Dec 29, 2013 6:51 AM

Apr 2013
Finally ended.
Boring show. 4/10
Dec 30, 2013 12:55 AM
Mar 2009
And this trainwreck anime adaptation comes to an end. The only thing I could possibly want from all this is the OST with the remixed battle themes.

I feel bad for any poor soul that went into this anime without any exposure to the video game lore.
Dec 30, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2011
Glad I stuck it out with this series. The second half was much better compared to the first half. I have a couple questions and wonder if anyone could be kind enough to answer them. For one, can anyone tell me if this is an original anime ending or if this ending follows the games? Two, has the story of the games been finished or is it still ongoing? From what I know, the latest release of the BlazBlue games was just a remake.

ChronosXIII said:
I feel bad for any poor soul that went into this anime without any exposure to the video game lore.

I'm one. I always knew about the games but never played them. This anime did do a pretty poor job of explaining things in my opinion. I'm pretty confused about everything as of right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2012
Needed more FU-RIN-KA-ZAN, though I kinda expected them to introduce Bang and Platinum and have them disappear halfway through the show. Should've atleast shown them heading towards Ikaruga at the end.
DarktsukiroJan 6, 2014 7:50 PM
Jan 5, 2014 11:23 PM
Jan 2009
Preciize said:
Glad I stuck it out with this series. The second half was much better compared to the first half. I have a couple questions and wonder if anyone could be kind enough to answer them. For one, can anyone tell me if this is an original anime ending or if this ending follows the games? Two, has the story of the games been finished or is it still ongoing? From what I know, the latest release of the BlazBlue games was just a remake.

ChronosXIII said:

I'm one. I always knew about the games but never played them. This anime did do a pretty poor job of explaining things in my opinion. I'm pretty confused about everything as of right now.

I've played the multiplayer (of Calamity Trigger, I think?), but I don't own the games so I knew nothing about the story. I could follow the overall events pretty easily, but obviously the show's execution was atrocious so many of the details were never clear. Especially the backstory with Ragna and Jin (and that other girl).
Pie is delicious.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2022 4:46 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 8, 2022 7:07 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2022 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.