Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 9, 2011 10:13 AM

Feb 2009
"I'm going to buy vegetables" This sentence made me smile, who's watched this episode must have felt the same way, I'm really liking the way Hei and the girl relationship is developing.

Fortunately I watched the 4 special episode OVA prior to this season or else I'm pretty sure I would be swimming in a sea of uncertainty right about now..

The only thing about this season that kinda bothers me so far, is the magical girl transformation every-time the gun comes out, apart from that, this season has been living up to my expectations. I'm enjoying it as much as the first DtB.

The music in this series has got to be one of the most amazing I've heard in anime recently. Also the artwork reminds me a lot of Brotherhood!
Sep 18, 2011 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
YIN!!!! :D Finally, but I get the feeling Suou is starting to feel something towards Hei...but Hei is for Yin so she better don't do anything stupid :/
Nov 4, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2010
The teary scene was so cheap
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 18, 2011 8:05 PM

Jun 2010
Why would I care that goofy idiot Norio's mom died? Every second he's on screen it's a waste.

And is Suou apparently falling in love with Hei? She only has reasons to hate him. I guess it's just like in the TV series; Hei is a huge asshole but every woman falls in love with him for no reason.
Jan 11, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
Fronzel said:
Why would I care that goofy idiot Norio's mom died? Every second he's on screen it's a waste.
ooh you heartless bitch :P
Aug 22, 2012 9:10 PM

Nov 2009
I kind of hated Norio's mom, she was sort of... a bitch. Other than that did Suou start liking Hei?
Sep 8, 2012 6:23 AM

Dec 2010
My favorite episode as for now. The last third of it was so good, and the music made it even better. Ah-h-h, I can't wait to see more =\
Jan 14, 2013 7:27 AM

Jan 2012
Finally Hei found Yin. To bad she wasn't rescued, but atleast we know she is alive.

Feb 3, 2013 5:40 AM
Mar 2012
Racu said:
x0utmyheart said:
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO

it pretty much shows that hei/yin had a "relationship" or something along the lines....

http://www.d-black.net/gallary/pv02.html

ALSO, can anyone help me download it, please and thank you?

This is a preview of the side story of this season ( it shows how Hei lost Yin).

And it contains spoilers for those watching the series in release order, I suppose it's old, but for those watching the series now keep that in mind.
Feb 3, 2013 5:56 AM
Mar 2012
LiudvikasT said:
unholy_cat said:
sugarplumfairy said:
Yin <3 :)

AHHH What's the insert song!!!??? So pretty :)

Yin(:
I am also want to know whats the name of the song

+1 I need that song

Interested in the song too! Didn't see it mentioned in the thread.
Feb 17, 2013 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
This season is bad! I mean, come on! Hei was so cool in the first season and now he's a drunk, he lost his powers, he doesn't shave, he seriously needs to have a haircut...
And thank god Yin is back because he was "this" close in becoming a pedophile...
I wish he snaps out of it soon... I really want to see the old Hei again!
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
Maioula said:
This season is bad! I mean, come on! Hei was so cool in the first season and now he's a drunk, he lost his powers, he doesn't shave, he seriously needs to have a haircut...
And thank god Yin is back because he was "this" close in becoming a pedophile...
I wish he snaps out of it soon... I really want to see the old Hei again!

I agree with you! This season doesn't suck! Well, it is bad, but not to bad. I hate how Hei is now! But he promised to stop drinking at the end of this episode.
Mar 23, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2011
Great first half, and really touching moments at the end of this episode; Hei and Suoh's promise, and the father/son grieving over the loss of mom.

Development at it's finest.

Really looking forward to the second half.

Darker than Black!

Suoh kicking that pole FTW ^^
Mar 30, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2012
Great episode and to see a bit of Yin's action again is nice, I wonder when we'll see her again face to face with Hei! The ending sure was sad but interesting! Lets see what they're up to next!
Jun 10, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2012
good episode I think Yin will be back soon but I also think something bad is gone happen when she comes back.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 8, 2013 2:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
When Norio yelled at Suou, he basically said the same thing Suou said to Hei in the second episode. She probably realizes that what she said before wasn't totally fair to Hei. Well Suou wasn't the one who killed Norio's mother, and I don't think Hei killed her father either, so kind of the same situation. Yay they finally realize it's Yin. I'm glad I watched Gaiden before Gemini. I like it when I'm not terribly confused about what's going on. And what was this that Mao said? Yin was Hei's woman? o_o It honestly didn't seem that way at all in the first season, especially one of the earlier episodes where Hei shook off Yin's grip...they definitely didn't seem like they were together romantically. Anyways, I'm loving Mao in squirrel form, mostly because he can do all these lazy human poses when he couldn't in cat form XD And once again, loving July. He gave Mao a lot of sugar.
Aug 4, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2011
Nice development! "I'll stop shooting if you stop drinking alcohol."

Cute. :)
Oct 3, 2013 2:58 PM

Jan 2013
OriginANIME said:
Nice development! "I'll stop shooting if you stop drinking alcohol."

Cute. :)
Oh man you say everything I wanted to :D.
Nov 16, 2013 1:01 PM
May 2013
Suou is jelly ?
Mao as a cat was mysterious and interesting ,but Mao as a squirrel or whatever is he is hilarious , every time I see him talking I laugh .
I think Hei needs a weapons he looks so powerless.
Jan 19, 2014 7:59 AM
Jan 2014
The insert song at the end of this episode is :
Twinkle Real Star by Hanazawa Kana
Jan 25, 2014 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
damn I nearly cried and the end scene...

on a more serious matter.. please no Hei X Suou..
Feb 2, 2014 12:28 AM

Jul 2013
I am almost burst into tears...
Jul 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Oct 2013
dam that part at the end was kind of sad T-T
Decent ep
[/quote]
Jun 21, 2015 9:05 AM

Aug 2013
Finally get to see Yin again.. miss her badly.
The fights aren't as exciting without his ability but oh well..
Suou is in for some competition if she has her eyes on Hei. LOL.
No more drinking.. Hahaha the old Hei is gonna be back now ?
Jul 16, 2015 9:25 AM

May 2015
FUCK YEAH, HE'S CHANGING BACK.
Aug 13, 2015 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
Those of you saying that Suoh is jeleous of Yin are mistaken.
She's pretty pissed off at what her observation specter did to Norio's mother. Because of her, one more person in the world now hates her.
Nov 17, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2012
what he lost his ability .

Nov 19, 2015 9:47 AM
Dec 2011
yes yin..! and because of news of yin hei is getting back to normal :3 thank god ! :3 yin and hei i hope they find happiness together :3 i understand a little why Japanese are after hei because he is a treat to the syndicates plans (same reason they got misaki because she is a treat to the syndicate as well) but what the hell they want with yin??? :3
Nov 30, 2015 6:19 AM
Dec 2011
did anyone noticed the great Michale jackson's picture on norios room :3 yes yin i want her back with hei..hei is softening because of yin !! :3 how the hell they got yin? :3 she was with hei but what happen ?? :3 ohh...hei is doing everything for yin i love where this is going :3
Dec 1, 2015 9:59 PM
May 2012
Yin :)
The MILF died :O

crazyspinz said:
Yin and suou having a lovers fight lol

Yeah, if kicking a pole counts ahahaha. That was cute.
Mar 5, 2016 7:12 PM

Aug 2014
Norio is such a annoying little shit, sadly I don't even think the death of his mother will finally make him stay away from Suou, in fact it might have the opposite effect >_<

Hooray for Hei and Souo getting closer. Now let's hope he keeps his word on putting down the booze for good.
KashKetchumMar 5, 2016 7:33 PM
Apr 8, 2016 1:10 AM

Jun 2015
I know it awas a very good episode but I still surprised that Norio has a MJ poster
May 31, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2008
How the heck did Hei not see Yin's spectre there?
Jul 6, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2015

Aww... sad ending already for the mother of Norio...
That ending almost made me shed a tear =( You are never prepared for the feels to hit you. Really, it's no surprise how people will hate contractors if this continues and it will be worse than keeping them in the dark, well, not that that's an option anymore.

Anyway, Hei... Hei is cooking!! And he will stop drinking!! Our Hei is slowly coming back!! YES!!

PD: That post ending scene... Yin... that's right, only contractors can see surveillance spirits...*Suou hits the pole* mmmm, I've heard Stockholm hits hard this time of the year.

Again, I have not found a single reason to dislike this season. It's so lovely I may even write a review when it's over.

WolfWood37 said:

Hei is not a contractor anymore, only contractors can see surveillance spirits.

cloudandlight said:
She's pretty pissed off at what her observation specter did to Norio's mother. Because of her, one more person in the world now hates her.

That's a better way to look at it. Good
HumbertoZeroJul 6, 2016 5:47 PM
Jul 6, 2016 5:47 PM

Jul 2008
HDarkmantis said:

Aww... sad ending already for the mother of Norio...
That ending almost made me shed a tear =( You are never prepared for the feels to hit you. Really, it's no surprise how people will hate contractors if this continues and it will be worse than keeping them in the dark, well, not that that's an option anymore.

Anyway, Hei... Hei is cooking!! And he will stop drinking!! Our Hei is slowly coming back!! YES!!

PD: That post ending scene... Yin... that's right, only contractors can see surveillance spirits...*Suou hits the pole* mmmm, I've heard Stockholm hits hard this time of the year.

Again, I have not found a single reason to dislike this season. It's so lovely I may even write a review when it's over.

WolfWood37 said:

Hei is not a contractor anymore, only contractors can see surveillance spirits.

WolfWood37 said:
cloudandlight said:

That's a better way to look at it. Good

But he was never a contractor to begin with...it was his sister all this time.
Jul 6, 2016 6:11 PM

Nov 2015
WolfWood37 said:

But he was never a contractor to begin with...it was his sister all this time.

Yeah but now he's got nothing, not even his star. He's no different from a normal human. Before he had the powers of a contractor but without the contract but he still had connection with the BK201 star.
I see it that way.
Aug 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
That hei couldnt see yins spirit was quite sad :/
I hope he gets his powers back. (On the other hand, he doesnt need them most of the time and I guess beeing a human is better then not?)
Maybe police girl will help him.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 13, 2017 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
Lol when the lady in the car keep saying that that the contractor didn't exist even when Hei is on top of their car XD
Suou's words to Hei about contractor came back to her in this episode... RIP Norio's mom.
The scene when Hei is cooking is heartwarming.
Jul 18, 2017 6:37 PM

May 2010
I really don't care for Norio and the trans-dad, they are so boriiiing >_> Hopefully we won't see them much from now on.

And uhh is Suo falling for Hei, really? I mean, I could buy that every single girl was falling for him during the last season, when he was acting all nice, caring and looked more handsome, but now there's literally no reason for that T^T
Jan 2, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Yin's back. Good thing I watched the OVAs first since I do find her return to be remotely good, probably wouldn't have cared much if I saw this show directly after the first season due to how much of an afterthought she was for a majority of it except a few moments. Suou was also in Hei's shoes this time around, as she killed Norio's mother as a Contractor whereas only a while ago, she was chastising Hei for killing others as a Contractor. Probably was frustrated given what's happened to her for that to happen and her to change dramatically like that.
Jan 4, 2021 8:20 PM
Apr 2016
Now Hei just needs a hair-cut and he'll be back to how he used to be! I was never a fan of Yin, but seems like she's joining the story again.
Apr 11, 2021 4:11 AM

May 2020
I really can't get behind Suou tolerating Hei now, especially since he spent 3 episodes being a massive dick to her. If the writers hadn't made him such a big asshole, this wouldn't have been a stretch at all, considering all the women in the first season who were thirsty for him.
Jul 10, 2021 3:24 AM

Jan 2020
Seems like Yin can still protect them despite being confined...
Jul 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Jan 2020
Hei has quite powerful physical power despite being a hobo lately for being able to push that metal robot a bit with his kick...
Aug 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Mar 2019
That ending made me so confused. So is Hei a normal human now? What happened to Pai, also Yinnnnn.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 5, 2021 10:13 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, Hei lost his powers and cant even see spectres anymore

and Yin showed up! but she is captured by section 3

Mar 3, 2023 8:09 PM

Dec 2022
Yin still communicating and helping out even in her situation. She's probably my favourite girl from this series at this point, with Carmine/Havoc following. Hope she's saved soon.

Leave it to Norio to somehow make a comedic scene out of mourning his mother. Still not sure if he has any plot relevance. Please don't tell me he's supposed to be a replacement for Gai and Kiko, because he isn't nearly as endearing.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Mar 28, 2023 12:33 AM
Jul 2021
Another episode that fully shows us that this season was made by kids & imbeciles, for imbeciles & retards. Once again the "jokes/gags" are flat/moronic. Enough with the squirrel/Tranny son, every second they are on screen it's a waste and super retarted.

Why should I care about some random chick dying? (Norio Mother). I didn't care one iota about her, her son and her "husband"

Why is it that every time the Pav chick activates her power we see a type of magic girl power transformation? Last time I checked I wasn't watching Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura.

Once again and idiotic attempt at comedy/pushing forward the idea that the Pav chick is still human felt completely flat on it's arse, the whole cooking herbs, them tasting like sh!t, even if July was eating his plate like nothing to it scene was stupid.

Lastly, Hei being a useless/abusive drunkard is annoying af. Off putting to say the least. 
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.