Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 5, 2010 7:05 PM

Aug 2010
I'm kind of excited for this... it looks like it will be pretty good... I love the animation I must say... its quite my taste...
and I LOVE Yakumo's single red eye... very sexy...
Not sure if I like the pink-haired girl however...
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Oct 5, 2010 7:08 PM

Jul 2009
This much better than what I expected :)
I love the whole atmosphere & the characters are interesting.
Definitely following this. Hopefully this will develop into a great story despite having much complaint from other people regarding the pacing & music that i think it's ok but could be do more work though.
Kagura89Oct 8, 2010 4:17 AM
Oct 5, 2010 8:43 PM

Apr 2009
I swear, Yakumo looked beautiful from every shot.

:D
Oct 5, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
My fave genre. Supernatural + Mystery = Awesomeness.
Oct 5, 2010 10:20 PM
Jun 2008
seishi-sama said:
Oh my...this was really bad. I see "generic" written all over it. Generic characters, generic plot devices, generic everything. One of the worst starts this season.
you are funny ^_^
Oct 6, 2010 1:07 AM

Dec 2009
Great opening. Sucked in right from the beginning.

Enjoy listening to the GazettE? Join the club here!
Previously wingscanfly and Hizuki
Oct 6, 2010 1:16 AM

Aug 2010
Urgh, this episode was... lifeless. I remember the manga version having more soul ot it. Especially with the little sister. It's like they zoomed past that part to get on with the bad guys or whoever they were (haven't read that much into the manga). I don't even think the bad guys even show up that early in the manga. They also trashed the whole part about her and his eye bit. Maybe they'll toss that into the beginning of episode 2.

However it's not so bad. COmpared to the crappy ecchi line up, it's SOMETHING to watch.
Oct 6, 2010 1:27 AM

Jul 2009
It seems to me that the only people who didn't like this first episode were readers of the manga... personally, I liked this episode. It served as a good exposition for a 13-ep series.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 6, 2010 1:36 AM

Sep 2008
Kipcha said:
seishi-sama said:
Oh my...this was really bad. I see "generic" written all over it. Generic characters, generic plot devices, generic everything. One of the worst starts this season.

...Have you seen Yosuga no Sora? Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls? Because they definitely had worse first episodes.

Hyakka Ryouran? LOL. Even the censorship in Hyakka Ryouran was more creative than this whole episode.

MorningGlory said:
seishi-sama said:
you are funny ^_^

You know, I would be funny if only the fact so many people enjoyed this piece of crap wouldn't be so sad.

Though, seeing that most of them are apparently teenage girls that drool at the very sight of a bishounen with heterochromia or whatever other crap in one of his eyes, I probably should've known what to expect.
seishi-samaOct 6, 2010 1:57 AM
Oct 6, 2010 2:05 AM

Jun 2009
good enough for me...

and I already knew the culprit is the teacher...
Japanese glasses teacher who always neatly dressed always bad...
Oct 6, 2010 2:17 AM

Apr 2010
Its awesome. 5/5
Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 6, 2010 2:27 AM
Jun 2008
IZUMI64 said:
good enough for me...

and I already knew the culprit is the teacher...
Japanese glasses teacher who always neatly dressed always bad...
During when I read the original story, I suspect Aizawa, the janitor , and the teacher.The story give enough attention to each of this suspect to make me believe each of them are a killer. ... but in this Anime episode 1,there is only have one person to suspect and Yakumo solve the case so fast....mehh
seishi-sama said:

You know, I would be funny if only the fact so many people enjoyed this piece of crap wouldn't be so sad.

LoL Welcome to MAL where People from Kuroshitsuji will migrate to here.
Oct 6, 2010 3:39 AM

Oct 2008
I love the OP song
But the first episode was weak imo
I do hope it gets better
Oct 6, 2010 4:47 AM

Jan 2010
nice 1st ep :)
watching the nxt ep without a doubt
Oct 6, 2010 6:53 AM

Feb 2010
Meh. Average. Will continue watching since its marginally better than some of the other crap I've seen so far this season.
Oct 6, 2010 8:50 AM

May 2010
First time I watched this, Code Geass and Deathnote suddenly popped out in my mind..

I really wanted to see supernatural + psychological mystery genre like this..

Though the 1st ep was kinda generic, I hope that it will get better next eps..
Oct 6, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2009
Plain, boring and predictable. That's how the first episode was.

I thought it would be really awesome, with creepy supernatural things and the guy being all detective-like. It's boring when you can tell who's the culprit when you've only watched 5 minutes of the episode. Too bad the art was ok.

And I am pretty sure that Yakumo would do better without that annoying girl around. =____=

Hope it gets better.
Oct 6, 2010 3:45 PM

May 2010
it was an interesting start :)
Oct 6, 2010 6:02 PM

Aug 2010
i was hoping for the art to be like the other manga but oh well.
and they are changing it a bit T__T
i'm kind of disappointed but will continue watching.
iciclepopOct 6, 2010 6:09 PM
Oct 6, 2010 8:16 PM

Aug 2010
I can see this being a favorite of mines this season. Yakumo is such a tsundere but I love it! Gonna be lots of interesting things going on, I can tell.
Oct 6, 2010 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
I loved it... x3 Im really looking forward for the next ep Plus Yakumo is hott x33

But im going to have to see more epz to make sure thatz how i really feel about it but yea so far i love it.. lol hope i make sense x...x

MyAnimeList
Oct 7, 2010 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, this was just plain bad. I don't have any other words for it.
It had some serious pacing issues, along with shitty background music. Yakumo looks like a creep and a total ass and look what we have here, a useless female protagonist!

Urgh, I hope this gets better.
Oct 7, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
I really enjoyed it, can't wait to see the next episode!
Oct 7, 2010 10:02 AM

Sep 2009
This was a pretty interesting start. I'd like to see what Wesker is up to there at the end. The protagonist reminds me way too much of Light Yagami for me to like him. The female lead is cute, though.

Also, the music sucked. It took the punch out of several scenes.
Oct 7, 2010 2:58 PM

Mar 2008
D: loved it so so so much!! looking forward to this, totally my thing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2010 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
great episode!! looking forward to this, I loved the main female :D
Oct 7, 2010 5:16 PM

Oct 2009
this show should be renamed

Psychic Detective Light Yagami
Oct 7, 2010 5:38 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pretty good, but I really don't think the color of Yakumo's eye would scare the teacher (who had a bludgeoning weapon) enough to run away and torch the place. He could have just hit Yakumo again or something. Or at least knocked the bitch out.
Oct 7, 2010 7:00 PM
Dec 2007
This was much better than the manga. I know I am going to be crucified by some here but one episode being an arc in the manga was a great concept. I also liked the drawing of the main female character, she looks much better with her hair like this. I am glad they changed the storyline so that it can be short although it was too predictable. From the first 10 minutes you could tell who the culprit was.
k7onlineFeb 7, 2011 6:16 PM
Oct 7, 2010 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
Good ost. Anyone else immediately think of Gankutsuou when the sister played piano? That song sounded just like the Gankutsuou OP.

anyhow, I thought the episode was pretty bad, actually. AHHH OH MY GOD HE HAS A RED EYE RUN AWAY
kingw0rmOct 8, 2010 4:55 PM
Oct 7, 2010 9:38 PM

Mar 2009
Wait, this is Bee Train?! Huh?

- No girls with guns
- Uninspired music, OP, and ED(where's Yuki Kajiura?)
- evil organization where?(unless those two at the end of the episode...)

All I'm saying is, I'm shocked this is a Bee Train production.

Other than that, pretty terrible so far.
MormegilOct 7, 2010 9:43 PM
Oct 8, 2010 3:55 AM

May 2010
Absolutely 5 of 5 .. untill now it's the best fall anime for me!
The OP is amazing , the drawing is ummm .. okay .. & saitou is the best part in the series !
Too bad it's only 13 episodes .. hope there'd be a second season :P
Can't wait untill the next episode comes out !
Oct 8, 2010 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
skutieos said:
AHHH OH MY GOD HE HAS A RED EYE RUN AWAY
Oct 8, 2010 8:49 AM

Mar 2008
I don't know, I did like it. But the music was terrible. Plain, terrible. Other than that... it was nothing really special. I expected it to be more awesome, somehow. Not bad, though. Gonna continue watching it.
Tell me how it feels, breaking down the old walls.

Oct 8, 2010 8:58 AM

Jun 2010
OMG It's Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee) Jiggy Pepper with Mukuro Eyes. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2010 11:40 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm.. this anime certainly isn't something new, no wonder why it's shojo(although i'm a girl too, but shojo animes usually lack something ;/) .. the main character tried to look hot, yes tried .. because we have seen so much of it already. And he looked too much like Light Yagami + mixture of Natsume Yuujinchou + Mushishi's Ginko + Sebastian Michaelis (eye). And story reminds me too much of Ghost hunt (even the girl has short hair + similar characters and so on.. ).

If i had now seen these characters and animes before maybe i have liked it more. But i'll continue watching it, just to see if it gets more unique.. or not. -.-

BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
this show should be renamed

Psychic Detective Light Yagami

I agree 200% X'DDD !
LylaazOct 8, 2010 11:46 AM
Oct 8, 2010 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
Hugh, we're not even given reason why the teacher attempted to kill all of them (beside that they entered the haunted house, but if it's just that this is quite a lame reason). He was just a random villain in a random story.
And that random guy at the end which *big surprise* has the exact same fucking eyes as the main character and is obviously going to be the main villain, could we get more cliched?
Plus the animation was average.

Beside some nice soundtrack here and there, this was quite bad. Just another one of those smarty kids show a la Death Note.
Oct 8, 2010 12:13 PM

Sep 2010
overall a good episode.... bt i have 2 watch atleast 1 more episode to decide... if i'm gonna continue this or not...
Oct 8, 2010 12:21 PM

Sep 2010
HooHiraiBunny said:
Hugh, we're not even given reason why the teacher attempted to kill all of them (beside that they entered the haunted house, but if it's just that this is quite a lame reason). He was just a random villain in a random story.
And that random guy at the end which *big surprise* has the exact same fucking eyes as the main character and is obviously going to be the main villain, could we get more cliched?
Plus the animation was average.

Beside some nice soundtrack here and there, this was quite bad. Just another one of those smarty kids show a la Death Note.

No.... he was arrested by Gotou.... person at the end is someone else....
btw i think animation is quite ok for a tv series...
Oct 8, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
HooHiraiBunny said:

Well, as for why he killed all the girls previously, yeah, we don't know. He was just a serial killer. But the girl and her friends were, I assume, because they saw his base and he couldn't let them live in case they saw something.
Oct 8, 2010 1:37 PM

Mar 2009
I am confused. Did any of you read the original manga? What the hell has this anime done? (Not to say I don't like it) Why did they change it so much? Changing not just Haruka's hair drastically, but her personality as well... Adding some weird antagonist.. It seems like they wanted to make it very mainstream. Please someone explain this to me.
Oct 8, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
Black_Jack said:
Well, as for why he killed all the girls previously, yeah, we don't know. He was just a serial killer.

Not. See? That's why they should have slowed down a bit... He killed the girl because he was having an affair with her. I don't really remember but I think he killed her by accident when she told him she was going to tell everything to his wife. Actually he only hit her without killing her but then he threw her inside a locked room and she died there trying to escape... he then killed Haruka's friends because they had a photo of him inside of that room (he was there to remove the body from there because the house was going to be demolished very soon).
Oct 8, 2010 4:09 PM

Sep 2009
SoraKuro said:
Black_Jack said:
Well, as for why he killed all the girls previously, yeah, we don't know. He was just a serial killer.

Not. See? That's why they should have slowed down a bit... He killed the girl because he was having an affair with her. I don't really remember but I think he killed her by accident when she told him she was going to tell everything to his wife. Actually he only hit her without killing her but then he threw her inside a locked room and she died there trying to escape... he then killed Haruka's friends because they had a photo of him inside of that room (he was there to remove the body from there because the house was going to be demolished very soon).

Hmm. Well, while I found the episode mildly interesting/entertaining, I don't care enough to read the manga. xD
Oct 8, 2010 4:34 PM

Jun 2010
i pretty much like it 4/5
Oct 9, 2010 12:55 AM
Dec 2007
Probably the best first surnatural thriller episode I've seen in these past few years in Japanese animation. Great production values, a solid script, enjoyable characters and a really interesting ending scene hinting at the wider picture. It felt like an upgraded version of Ghost Hunt actually, just in much, much better.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 9, 2010 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
Jacut said:
Probably the best first surnatural thriller episode I've seen in these past few years in Japanese animation. Great production values, a solid script, enjoyable characters and a really interesting ending scene hinting at the wider picture.

just what I thought!
and I like the soundtrack too :) so far so great
Oct 9, 2010 7:53 AM

Mar 2009
if it continues like this thats probably going to be the best anime of the season
story, art aswell as the sound fit perfectly together
i dont really care how the manga was different from this, all i can say is:
they dont need to slow the anime down in terms of storyline
the pace is just perfect

and about those who complain about not getting reasons for everything:
it would be just your average crime show if you'd get a reason for everything
it would be more boring if it were that way because than it would be no better than a "csi supernatural"
Oct 9, 2010 9:41 AM

Sep 2010
Wow, that's nice *___*
I've read only the 9-chapters manga, so I don't really understand what's going on with that man at the end of the episode. Did I miss something, or my memory is that bad (even though I've read it, like, 1 week ago)?
Anyways, Yakumo is so handsome >W<
Oct 9, 2010 1:19 PM

Feb 2009
So far not impress, Yakumo doesn't seem to be just all the others I've seen so far.
Oct 9, 2010 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
Interesting. Manga readers seem unhappy, but others like it. I havent read the manga or whatever but from what people are saying they skipped a lot of stuff and that makes me sad..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

72 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.