Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 6, 2010 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
These vampires in the park, they were OVER 9000 !!!! Well, hmm, no... ^^
Those beowulf elite guys were quite the poseurs, but they didn't have a lot of screen time :(

So Nanami is in love with the shota ? Lucky boy ^^
Mar 6, 2010 12:55 PM

Nov 2009
This arc seems promising, and it was nice to see uncensored action in this one. The kid and class president is a little.... well, a lot of O.O but....
I didn't notice that there was flashbacks either, but then again i didn't noticed they took two weeks.
Mar 6, 2010 1:07 PM

Jun 2007
Some pretty bland pseudo drama right there.

Else a pretty decent episode.
Mar 6, 2010 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
I definetly like this episode more than last weeks. Am I the only one who thought the wolf boys were cute? Or maybe we didn't get to see them close up in the anime...
I love how they're following the manga on this part (mostly).

In all, I liked the episode.
deadaccount0000Mar 6, 2010 6:37 PM
Mar 6, 2010 9:19 PM

Jun 2008
I really don't get people here at MAL.

Dance in the Vampire Bund has a 7.38 rating..... WTF???

Just because it's not 100% accurate to the manga?!?! That's an insane reason to rate an anime series that low, The animation is great, the story is very, very similar to the manga, and so far I believe they've done a great job.

Of course MAL users have absolutely no sense, just look at other anime series ratings, they just don't add up.

HOW THE FUCK is Clannad AS #1 when the 1st season was better ?????

This is how people think in MAL:

Ecchi=Very Bad
Loli Vampires = Bad
OVER THE TOP DRAMATIC SHOWS WITH RIDICULOUS PLOT *clannad as* = EPIC
Mar 6, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
Just learn not to pay attention to the overall ratings. In the first place, people don't use the rubric as described on the site, so that automatically invalidates the rankings.

That said, I think a 7 is too high. The animation is terrible (Shaft hasn't had good animation while it's aring a show for quite some time), the story is a mess, and the characters are bland.

But yes, the site is full of people who really love melodramatic slice of lifes with convenient plot development starring glassy eyed, bobble headed bimbos.
Mar 6, 2010 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
I'm liking the direction this appears to be going. Before it seemed like no one could trust anyone else, now we appear to have factions and a more defined enemy. Meiren is unfairly my fave character right now. I say unfairly because all she ever does is show up, saying cryptic sh*t, look hot & suck on candy before she disappears. I fear the fanfiction that will be spawned by that squad of bishie & shouta werewolves. T__T
Mar 6, 2010 10:31 PM

Feb 2008
Wolf boys look mighty fine.

Loli was in interesting twist. I wonder how old the boy is.
Mar 6, 2010 10:52 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:

But yes, the site is full of people who really love melodramatic slice of lifes with convenient plot development starring glassy eyed, bobble headed bimbos.

^ made me lol

despite what everyone says i dont think this show is too bad. it has a different feel to it than most other shows and i can dig it. also, did anyone catch the random words that mina didn't know from the story? it struck me as kinda odd for the third one...
Mar 7, 2010 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
so turns out student council pres is still vampire, plus shes a possbile shotacon. also, kamikaze vampires are on the scene
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 7, 2010 6:28 AM

May 2009
meh episode...

but i think that the animation was better then the previous ones.
Mar 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Nov 2009

Well, i guess i will take the bait of a troll. If you look at the rating 7 is good 8 is very good. I don't think people are saying that it is untrue to the manga. Most people have most likely moved it down a rank because of last episodes disaster.
Personally i think the animation is fine (yet again except for last episode), but many people have pointed out more bad animation spots.
As far as Clannad AS.... i thought it was better then season 1 myself. ^.^
Mar 7, 2010 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
alexcampos said:

Just because it's not 100% accurate to the manga?!?! That's an insane reason to rate an anime series that low, The animation is great, the story is very, very similar to the manga, and so far I believe they've done a great job.

Of course MAL users have absolutely no sense, just look at other anime series ratings, they just don't add up.

Ecchi=Very Bad
Loli Vampires = Bad

Says the one who rated Naruto and Bleach a 10?

And are you kidding me? The animation is awful, both the characters and the story are a total mess and I still think the rating too high for this show. I don't know why the hell everyone likes SHAFT so much.
Mar 7, 2010 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Here's what I said in my How I Approach the Season blog post.

SHAFT is always going to be pretty experimental in presentation, push some boundaries between fanservice and real content, and have a dynamic style of directing that allows for quick cuts. They also aren't very sold on one style of character design, so while one show might look totally different from another, it’s the manner of direction that binds the company as a whole. What has been noticeable though is that SHAFT is a relatively small company, and has trouble making deadlines (Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou-sensei especially) due to being stretched too thin (especially this year); as a result some episodes will be aired that are almost solely glorified slideshows.

I like their style of presentation, and more often than not, I think it accentuates the good parts of a production. Lately though (much of Maria Holic, the latest Sayonara Zetsubou Sensi, these last 2 episodes of Bakemonogatari and all but this and maybe the first episode of Vampire Bund), it's become almost a joke of itself, and that's frustrating. SHAFT was already a polarizing studio, and now that their quality control all but ceases to exist, I can't argue with anyone on the subject. I'm a bit of a rational fanboy. Yes, I know that's an oxymoron.
Mar 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I'm a bit of a rational fanboy. Yes, I know that's an oxymoron.

That's physically possible? >,<
Mar 7, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
noteDhero said:

That's why he said it's an oxymoron. -_-
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 7, 2010 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
OrochiPL said:
garfield15 said:
noteDhero said:

That's why he said it's an oxymoron. -_-

I know, I was failing at being sarcastic.
Mar 7, 2010 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
Jumperboy333 said:
alexcampos said:

Ecchi=Very Bad
Loli Vampires = Bad

Says the one who rated Naruto and Bleach a 10?

And are you kidding me? The animation is awful, both the characters and the story are a total mess and I still think the rating too high for this show. I don't know why the hell everyone likes SHAFT so much.

I rate those anime a 10 because of my own personal favorite bias toward them. HOWEVER, I agree that bleach and Naruto should NOT be in the top rated anime, I personally believe that Death Note, Code Geass, or TTGL should be 1,2,and 3 NOT clannad as which is over-the-top ridiculous, sappy, emo, bullshit that almost ruined the series for me. The first season was much better, it had a good blend of comedy, drama, and legitimate story telling. The second season is full of forced sadness to the viewers and ends with MAGIC revival to dead characters, WTF?!?!
Mar 7, 2010 2:21 PM

Oct 2007
I personally think an 7.38 for Vampire Bund is not that bad and it is already better that what it should be.

On the other hand, Shakugan no Shana S has been rated 8.30. TBH, I would rather watching Asura Cryin over and over again than watching this OVA.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 7, 2010 3:13 PM

Jun 2009
Siva said:
I personally think an 7.38 for Vampire Bund is not that bad and it is already better that what it should be.

Yeah, i wouldn't be suprised for it to be around 4.00.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 7, 2010 3:57 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:

I rate those anime a 10 because of my own personal favorite bias toward them. HOWEVER, I agree that bleach and Naruto should NOT be in the top rated anime, I personally believe that Death Note, Code Geass, or TTGL should be 1,2,and 3 NOT clannad as which is over-the-top ridiculous, sappy, emo, bullshit that almost ruined the series for me. The first season was much better, it had a good blend of comedy, drama, and legitimate story telling. The second season is full of forced sadness to the viewers and ends with MAGIC revival to dead characters, WTF?!?!

This doesn't help your case. Death Note, TTGL, and Code Geass' first season are good shows, but they aren't the best there is. Moreover (looking at the top anime list for the first time in almost 2 years), TTGL is number 3, CG's second season is 4, the firs season is 10, and Death Note is 12. I think you're splitting hairs. Also, let's not pretend like Death Note petered to an ending after L died (mostly because Mello and Near are lame), TTGL was bad in the beginning (and also had a useless recap episode), or that CG didn't resurrect people with the same whims as Clannad.

And the first season of Clannad was not that good. Fuko was entertaining, but the rest of the show was as generic as all of Key's other creations, and taking into account Kanon, they only refined the former to create the latter. The arcs after Fuko lacked legitimate storytelling because they were as dating sim as any other generic vn adaptation.
Mar 7, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
alexcampos said:

This doesn't help your case. Death Note, TTGL, and Code Geass' first season are good shows, but they aren't the best there is. Moreover (looking at the top anime list for the first time in almost 2 years), TTGL is number 3, CG's second season is 4, the firs season is 10, and Death Note is 12. I think you're splitting hairs. Also, let's not pretend like Death Note petered to an ending after L died (mostly because Mello and Near are lame), TTGL was bad in the beginning (and also had a useless recap episode), or that CG didn't resurrect people with the same whims as Clannad.

And the first season of Clannad was not that good. Fuko was entertaining, but the rest of the show was as generic as all of Key's other creations, and taking into account Kanon, they only refined the former to create the latter. The arcs after Fuko lacked legitimate storytelling because they were as dating sim as any other generic vn adaptation.

Ok, fair enough you made some valid points. But, you still can't tell me that Clannad AS should be #1, that makes no sense. In fact sequels should NEVER be better than the original, lets remember that the only reason we watch sequels is because of the first, this also goes for code geass r2. I believe that thousands of people were tricked into thinking that emotional, sappy, sad, story telling is better than an anime that has a legitimate beginning, middle, and end.

BTW, what do YOU think should be #1, I've already stated that I have my favorite anime, but thats different from my TOP-RATED anime, for example my favorite anime is bleach (thats why i gave it a 10), but I believe that the best anime i've ever seen was Death Note.
Mar 7, 2010 10:14 PM

Aug 2008
Never said AS should be number one. It was worse than the first because it drew out what happened rather well in the movie. As for sequels never being better than the original, I think there are a lot of cases where that isn't true. Sequels should build off of their predecessors and develop what was already there and come with a better sense of maturity. In the case of shows like Aria the Origination, Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou, Naruto Shippuuden, Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, Genshiken 2, (and others) there are examples of why sequels can and should be better.

Now, you're talking about shows having a legitimate end, and yet you mention Code Geass as being a great show. There was no conclusive end at all there. I won't say that a show has to have a beginning, middle, and end, because if something came along that challenged my idea of story telling in such a novel fashion and be successful, I'd praise it more than a successful show with a conventional structure.

My 5 favorites on my page are my top 5. They change position depending on my mood, but for the most part, Monster is my #1. Every now and then it will by Honey and Clover, Nodame, Millennium Actress or Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but at the end of the day, Monster gave me almost everything I wanted from a visual medium. While I sometimes split differentiate between what I like, and what I find well-executed, what I score the shows I've watched is reflective of how I would rank them. Within each number, there is a lot of room for explanation, though.

Also, a lot of the questions you're asking are in my blog. I'm just going to be a loser and plug it.
Mar 8, 2010 12:14 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
As for sequels never being better than the original, I think there are a lot of cases where that isn't true. Sequels should build off of their predecessors and develop what was already there and come with a better sense of maturity.
Exactly what my view is to that and I can say so with Railgun coming out after Index.....it used a lot of the good stuff from it and some cute stuff to make it better....IMHO.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 8, 2010 7:20 AM

Dec 2007
Well at the very least this episode was a step in a better direction. The body guards were awesome in this episode too. Watching Yuki and Mina together was pretty cute too. It looks like the student council president is shotacon, I wonder how funimation is gonna handle this one. BTW I so wanted to use the "oh yeah the censors are going to love that one" for this episode. xD
Mar 8, 2010 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode, at least Akiras more badass now :D
Mar 8, 2010 6:11 PM

Jan 2010
alexcampos said:

Ok, fair enough you made some valid points. But, you still can't tell me that Clannad AS should be #1, that makes no sense. In fact sequels should NEVER be better than the original, lets remember that the only reason we watch sequels is because of the first, this also goes for code geass r2. I believe that thousands of people were tricked into thinking that emotional, sappy, sad, story telling is better than an anime that has a legitimate beginning, middle, and end.

BTW, what do YOU think should be #1, I've already stated that I have my favorite anime, but thats different from my TOP-RATED anime, for example my favorite anime is bleach (thats why i gave it a 10), but I believe that the best anime i've ever seen was Death Note.

Why the heck are we bringing Clannad into this? I don't think this anime is rated low because of the loli or ecchi. I think it's rated low because, even as a manga lover of Dance In The Vampire Bund I say this, the anime simply is horrid. The art stinks, most episodes are censored in an annoying way, and the plot sometimes makes people want to wretch. I have never watched Clannad, nor will I plan to, and I understand what you're saying, but the story line and art and characters of Clannad are much more better, sadly, than Dance In The Vampire Bund. That's prbably why people vote highly on Clannad. Also, that story can relate more to people, while this anime can't really relate to real life...
Mar 8, 2010 7:50 PM

Nov 2007
i agree this anime is absolutly horrible and should never have been made like it is <,< its manga is much better and engrossing

its not the animation style i hate of the anime i like it i also like the VA for Mina does a perfect job at it just like how i imaged her when i was readin the manga xD

its just the anime story and how its shown its bloody horrid!!

@Jumperboy333

theres nothing wrong with Lolis unless it crosses that line

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 8, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
nicoliolipoli said:

Why the heck are we bringing Clannad into this? I don't think this anime is rated low because of the loli or ecchi. I think it's rated low because, even as a manga lover of Dance In The Vampire Bund I say this, the anime simply is horrid. The art stinks, most episodes are censored in an annoying way, and the plot sometimes makes people want to wretch. I have never watched Clannad, nor will I plan to, and I understand what you're saying, but the story line and art and characters of Clannad are much more better, sadly, than Dance In The Vampire Bund. That's prbably why people vote highly on Clannad. Also, that story can relate more to people, while this anime can't really relate to real life...

The story line isn't better. It's just a different kind of generic and hackneyed. I personally find the art in Vampire Bund to be better, but Clannad has Kyo Ani's polish. And a lot of the story is as unrelatable as Vampire Bund. But you said you hadn't seen Clannad, so I don't really know why you'd bother saying any of that to begin with.

Sure, this show has vampires and werewolves; at the end of the day, though, DitVB has turned out to be another generic shounen with a stupid male lead fighting for love and justice and all that other bullshit. Then they tossed in an impossibly transparent love triangle, and topped it all off with more Mary Sue fanservice than plot.
Mar 8, 2010 9:01 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Then they tossed in an impossibly transparent love triangle, and topped it all off with more Mary Sue fanservice than plot.
Oh yeah noteDhero...now there is something I agree with you and they should have focused more on the action and storyline that the fan service like you say.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 9, 2010 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
I thought this episode was OK. But I have a question to ask, Is it just me or is there a serious lack of animation in this series??? I love the artwork however, but it seems like this series cuts a lot of corners or maybe with all the weird angles and jump cuts and such, its trying to be stylish... IDK!!
Mar 10, 2010 6:39 AM

Feb 2009
Lol vampire shotacon action. x) And boy, Nanami's pretty hot in this episode.
Mar 10, 2010 8:34 AM

Aug 2009
TeenChibi said:
I thought this episode was OK. But I have a question to ask, Is it just me or is there a serious lack of animation in this series??? I love the artwork however, but it seems like this series cuts a lot of corners or maybe with all the weird angles and jump cuts and such, its trying to be stylish... IDK!!

SHAFT is like that. Watch any SHAFT show and you'll say the same thing.
Mar 10, 2010 12:10 PM

Jan 2010
TeenChibi said:

That's normal since Shaft has no budget and they cut corners on animation wherever they can.
Ok™
Mar 11, 2010 9:52 PM

Feb 2008
The animation left a lot to be desired. Though I did like the new ending animation. Best part of this episode for me was Nanami the shotacon. lol.

I usually like Shaft series, but this one just isn't doing it for me.
Mar 12, 2010 4:08 AM

Sep 2009
noteDhero said:
alexcampos said:

Agreed. While I may not have as much of a wealth of anime viewing that you do, noteDhero, those three are definitely not the best three anime in existence. While I may consider Gurren Lagann to possibly be in my top 3, I obviously haven't seen every anime in existence, and i'm sure if I had, it would be knocked off the top three. As well as that, Death Note included an irritating amount of bad cinematic devices like extreme camera shaking, gratuitous amounts of unrealistic blood, dramatic effects and the like that seriously took away from it. The manga was much better. Code Geass, on the other hand, took a ridiculous amount of pomp and OTT facial expressions, unresolved plot threads, and bad character writing into itself, which seriously dragged it down. And hell, as much as I love Gurren Lagann, it did stagger a little immediately after the timeskip.

While I haven't seen Clannad (purely because it came out around the time I began watching anime and I haven't stopped hearing shit about it since, which really annoyed me and made me want to not watch it), I also sincerely doubt that it could be the number one anime OF ALL TIME.

The thing about the ratings system is that people are idiots. for every intelligent person out there, there's about 30 morons who haven't seen more than a handful of anime rating pure garbage as though it were the greatest thing mankind has ever spawned. As such, the ratings system is utterly unreliable. You need to stop caring about them and rely solely on YOUR OWN OPINIONS.

On top of that, Vampire Bund doesn't deserve the 7.38 that it has. I'm not going to repeat the long list of horrible flaws it has, if you want that then read the topics for the previous episodes. But frankly, at most it's a 6, if you were feeling generous. Personally, i'd say it was a 4.

At any rate, i'd call my top three to be Baccano!, Welcome To The N.H.K, and either Cowboy Bebop or Gurren Lagann. Just kinda felt like throwing that out there. Although I really can't wait until they finally import Monster to the UK... I don't want to pirate it, if it's as good as everyone says, but they're taking their sweet time bringing it here.
Mar 14, 2010 12:20 AM

Feb 2009
and.. and I thought this is going to be a filler episode.

Mar 15, 2010 4:46 AM

Nov 2007
Now they're able to self-destruct themselves..hm, interesting.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 18, 2010 3:33 PM

Apr 2008
It's a bit more complex than that :P
Mar 18, 2010 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
the pacing was bad..really bad why bother making a anime series if there just going to rush it jeez
Mar 18, 2010 6:47 PM

Oct 2009
keitorin said:
Best part of this episode for me was Nanami the shotacon. lol.

you have problems
Mar 27, 2010 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
I wasn't going to say anything here to begin with, but the Elite Eight is just so damn awesome : D
And while I'm at it, I might as well add that I still find Meiren so damn annoying, because she's just.. Wrong, she shouldn't be there at all D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 9, 2010 10:38 PM

Dec 2007
I really hope SHAFT need a good role for Meiran because I felt that she is useless character without any reason in anime despite she is not character in manga at all. I guess I will see what happens to her role in anime. I am glad to see Mina and Akira stay together.
Apr 17, 2010 11:53 PM
Feb 2009
aewsome!!
Jul 12, 2010 6:50 PM

Aug 2009
Lololol okay I will not take this Anime seriously anymore. I tried taking it seriously before but it just hurt my head. I don't understand what the fucking shit is going on anymore. I'm just watching this for the lulz.

They didn't even tried to explain where this Telomere guys came from. A lot of questions were left unanswered and the suddenly change of pictures in the screen hurt my eyes. I know it's their kind of work but it would have been better if they didn't try to hurt your eyes.

It seems to be that there's also a little bit of incest or should I say wincest in this episode. Who the fuck is this Hysterica girl and her master? Wtf she has a master? I thought she was the master but then she also has a master. Get it? No? That's why I feel too.
Jul 22, 2010 4:39 PM
Apr 2010
lol the last bit with the maid was hilarious O.O
Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 24, 2010 4:29 AM

Oct 2009
saxophone15 said:
Those "wolfboys" looked like they could be some group from another anime. I enjoyed this episode much more than the last episode...at least in terms of continuity.

Agreed xD
Nov 23, 2010 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
This show is kinda campy & disjointed... once you come to terms with that, it's MUCH more enjoyable.

I dig this episode... it was good that they showed Nanami fighting her urges; both bloodlust and sexuality.

I love that Akira is sooo devoted to Mina... but I want Yuki x Akira<33
Can't I get both? A romance with Yuki w/ love and adoration for Mina? lol

New awesome ED is awesome!
Sep 2, 2011 8:18 PM

Jul 2010
akira should get a sword too.....

Mar 28, 2012 3:09 AM

Mar 2009
Hysterica looked good at the end.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

170 by Ronninn »»
May 29, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

181 by Ronninn »»
May 28, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Feb 4, 2010

156 by Ronninn »»
May 28, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

234 by Ronninn »»
May 27, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

311 by Ronninn »»
May 27, 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.