Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 10:32 AM
Jul 2024
the hair an human snail scenes were i couldnt take the manga seriously anymore, no longer horror just comedy, from then on just enjoy the insanity an cool looking monsters
Oct 6, 10:33 AM
Sep 2023
As someone who hasn't read the manga, this is another episode that makes you feel uneasy. Kirie is too nice, I don't want anything bad to happen to her, I just want her to run away and leave that forsaken town with Shuichi so they can live their happily ever after!
Oct 6, 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
You can definitely tell a different studio was in charge of this episode, which was a shame because the animation wasn't as much of an accoutrement as last week's animation.
Oct 6, 11:12 AM
Oct 2019
nothing makes sense, its shit no plot just spiral
Oct 6, 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
The animation took a massive nosedive in this episode. And this show got delayed to many times...
Oct 6, 11:14 AM
Nov 2017
As someone whose been binging the manga since after how interesting episode 1 was...what a fucking shit show. I'm not even a big junji itou fan but lord, this is supposedly his master work (and from what i read it is at least a pretty fun read) and it took years to make amd this is what they put out? And incoherent mess tgat cut things to pieces even worse than his oneshot adaptations.
Oct 6, 11:15 AM
May 2022
The quality of animation dropped from previous episode. The beach scenes looked like CGI. Also stories are not well connected.
Oct 6, 11:30 AM
Aug 2023
bro waiting for 4-7 years for this animation bruh
ngl the first episode was insanely good , but what in the actual hell happened to the second episode ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Oct 6, 11:49 AM
Aug 2021
Felt like a big drop in quality compared to the first one
Oct 6, 11:53 AM
Dec 2017
A significant downgrade from the first episode, with highly disappointing animation and pacing compared to the first episode. The lighthouse episode, one of the best arcs in the series, was completely wasted, rushed to a conclusion in two or three minutes at most. While the art remains great—no complaints there—it’s frustrating that I keep thinking, ‘this could have been done better’ as I watch. It’s unfortunate that such strong source material was ruined by the team directing the second episode. I really hope episode three doesn’t continue like this. I don’t want another Junji Ito Collection tragedy.

Anyway, here are some great arts from EP2 to bright you up
Oct 6, 11:53 AM

Jan 2024
This was just weird lmao, I dont know what else to say. I am not sure yet if I like this or not but its disgusting for sure. Pacing again very fast but at least they stayed consistent. I didnt notice a drop in animation quality but I have boomer eyes so thats probably the reason why lol
Oct 6, 11:59 AM

Feb 2020
I don't understand why, they had so many years to do this... dropped๐Ÿ‘Ž
Jul 2021
Tragic downgrade to the animation. Episode one had a couple of uneven moments and I wasn't totally sold on the CGI, but it was undeniably gorgeous. This looks only marginally better than every other crappy Junji Ito adaptation. Hell, even worse in parts. The bouncing walk cycle in the beginning wasn't even acceptable by mediocre animation standards.

Also the brisk pacing in the first episode kind of worked, here it just feels like I'm quickly walking through a haunted house.
TakoTaco1Oct 6, 12:05 PM
May 2015
Episode 2 killed my excitement for this adaptation. Terrible animation, terrible pacing, and turned the Jack in the Box story into just a cheap after credit jumpscare. I heavily recommend people read the manga instead. Sucks I thought we had the first good Junji Ito adaptation but seems he's forever cursed.
Oct 6, 12:02 PM
Jan 2022
so many things are happening ๐Ÿคฏ
Oct 6, 12:23 PM
Sep 2014
the animation was so bad that I could not focus on the plot of the series, it felt very boring.
Oct 6, 12:30 PM
Aug 2021
I don’t want to criticize the studio and staff behind it but the animation dropping so bad after just 1 episode, the anime being 4 episodes long and it has been supposedly in production for a long time, it’s disappointing how bad the production went given the time the team had from the announcement to the actual release and the low runtime
Oct 6, 12:30 PM
Dec 2021
for now this is the best junji ito adaptation, the pace is horrible and i like more the storytelling on the manga, even tho the animation felt kinda bad it was good to see junji ito crazyness adaptated, i think they nailed that parts and representated very good, they nailed the snail and snake. Well thats about it, manga better but this isnt bad
Oct 6, 12:38 PM
Jan 2020
what the hell happend?
Oct 6, 12:55 PM

Nov 2020
Haha, they ran out of money after one episode. Jesus Christ, that's depressing. 6 years btw.
chidaruOct 6, 1:02 PM
Oct 6, 1:00 PM
Oct 2022
I feel like the manga was better than the anime. I don’t know, but it’s a bit strange to watch an anime in black and white. Anyway, Junji Ito is a master!
Oct 6, 1:03 PM
Sep 2024
the animation was... something!
Oct 6, 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
this anime and/or source material is trying way too hard to be creepy.

2/5

Oct 6, 1:16 PM
Sep 2019
don't have coherence
Oct 6, 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
IzanaSolos said:
Again with this dude that only shows up on rainy days, and ofc, this time around he's got himself a Uzumaki on his back... because ofc he does. Though, he's probably the least of our concerns for now, seeing as the dude only comes on, again, rainy days lmao.

Our big concern right now though, HAS to be the fact that Kirie's hair is turning into Uzumaki's as well. Actually, scratch the whole idea of not having to be concerned about the dude that only shows up on rainy days, BECAUSE DUDE TURNED INTO A FUCKING SNAIL??? WHAT LMAOOO. And Kirie's hair ain't looking much better. It just keeps on getting worse with the days.

Out of anyone this episode who got it the worst though has to be the dude that only shows up on rainy days. His parents seeing him was just so sad to see. No rest either because dude who won't leave Kirie dies in the MOST STUPIDEST FUCKING WAY EVER, THINKING HE A HERO AND LETTING THE CAR JUST RUN HIS ASS OVER... LIKE LOOK AT THIS BRO

The insanity doesn't even end there, because Kirie and other girl get into a Uzumaki off? WHAT LMAO? She won, for better or for worse, because at least Kirie got rid of her Uzumaki hair thanks to Shuuichi, but other girl... just yikes. Then they try to initiate the escape plan, and in a way, I guess it worked? Man this show is just.. I don't even know.

And now instead of Uzumaki's appearing on people, now it's people running in Uzumaki's???? HUH???? Like what the HELL is going on anymore. Then we got the sensei turning into a snail as well...???? Something to do with the lighthouse apparently, hm actually scratch that, it HAS to be something with that lighthouse because that ain't no ordinary lighthouse. As if the stairs up being an Uzumaki itself wasn't bad enough, the lens is also an Uzumaki that is just a ticking time bomb thanks to the sun and all... AND EVERYONE'S DEAD..???? HUH????????

So many questions.. so many just piling on each other. I'm not sure what I'm even watching anymore. Episode looked pretty rough though, I know that much.

Wonder who that dude that came out the grave at the end could be though.

i think it's the Jumping Jack Boy that ended under the wheel before.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Oct 6, 1:37 PM
Oct 2019
I'm just disappointed and mad... what a good dream was the first epidose...
Oct 6, 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
Okay, this gotta be some money laundering scheme
Oct 6, 1:43 PM
Jul 2017
go to interesting and good animation from episode 1 to trash
Oct 6, 1:46 PM
Jul 2017
episode 1 was an art piece, episode 2 is just trash
Oct 6, 1:56 PM
Nov 2022
what mental illnes does the author have?
Oct 6, 2:11 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to 20david09
what mental illnes does the author have?
@20david09 He's a horror author, what you'd expect from him? A battle shonen?
Oct 6, 2:13 PM
Jul 2014
That running animation was goofy as hell. I like the story so I hope the animation doesn't continue this bad.
Oct 6, 2:19 PM

May 2024
Kinda sad that the animation is all over the place in this episode
ๅคช้™ฝใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซ ็ฌ‘ใ†ใ‚ใชใŸใธใ‚ใฎๆ—ฅใจๅŒใ˜ ๆญŒใ‚’ใ†ใŸใ†ใ‚ˆ
Oct 6, 2:47 PM
Oct 2019
What a freaking let down was EP 2, they ruined a great start. My eyes really hurt of such a bad animation.
Oct 6, 2:48 PM
Dec 2022
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ANIMATION LMFAOOOOOOOO
Oct 6, 3:02 PM
Dec 2023
There is just way to much going on in every episode for me to keep up with. The pacing is atrocious.
Oct 6, 3:05 PM
Feb 2024
The animation felt bit off
Oct 6, 3:14 PM

Oct 2016
This sent me straight up to read the manga from the beginning.
I realized how bad of an adaptation this is.
Oct 6, 3:43 PM

Sep 2024
When good anime goes bad...

Guessing budget cuts and or brain drain happened?
Oct 6, 3:52 PM

Mar 2021
This episode looked beyond terrible, we can make a new term, "Uzumaki'd", to describe something worse than worst.

V1P3R0POct 7, 2:58 AM
Oct 6, 4:01 PM

May 2021
Tf was that animation? Turned into comedy there for a while. Though I will admit, the attention competition was kinda funny too by itself.

Ending was cool though I am sure those children would disagree.

Oct 6, 4:14 PM
Aug 2022
Didn't expect this to reaxh Berserk 2016 levels of putrid and eyesore animation
Oct 6, 4:24 PM
Jan 2024
Balakyrie said:
The only thing im concerned of the ep 2 was the quality of animation dropped too much ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

It’s ninja kamui all over again ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Oct 6, 4:24 PM
Aug 2023
Vysarine said:
Things are really spiraling out of control now. The bully and his victim both turning into snails, mating, and laying eggs together was particularly fucked up...

Thankfully the MC survived getting Uzumaki'd into a Medusa and her boyfriend saved her with a pixie cut.

> Things are really spiralling out of control now.

I see what you did there
Oct 6, 5:06 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well besides the animation quality dropping from episode 1 to 2 the story still seems strong and hopefully it doesn’t continue to decline. Loved the manga so fingers crossed ๐Ÿคž
Oct 6, 5:07 PM

Dec 2023
bro the story is so good and so is the idea of the black and white but i cant get over that goofy ass running
Oct 6, 5:38 PM
Apr 2024
This is amazing, I’ve never seen an anime subvert the horror genre by turning it into a comedy. Brilliant
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Oct 6, 5:42 PM
Apr 2024
This might’ve been the worst drop in quality I’ve ever seen in an anime. Thank god its only 4 episodes, cuz wow that was bad
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Oct 6, 5:53 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to sadoldman
When good anime goes bad...

Guessing budget cuts and or brain drain happened?
@sadoldman The budget is set for the whole project. The issue was more of staff management, the studio and director from episode 1 are absent in this one.
Oct 6, 6:05 PM

Oct 2020
Told ya, told ya..... it's Rushed as FUK
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (โ  โ โ—œโ โ€ฟโ โ—โ  โ )โ โ™ก
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» SPIRAL OUT

Fishb0i - Yesterday

5 by Gemin-Eye »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Uzumaki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 12

131 by Fortress_Maximus »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Uzumaki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Sep 28

364 by Leviata_Reis »»
Yesterday, 11:32 PM

» I Love Uzumaki

swapnilabeyy - Oct 14

22 by yamikilluaa »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» Reasons for quality drop

LittlexLittle - Oct 9

19 by WaffleMaster89 »»
Yesterday, 1:19 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.