Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
This season finale didn't feel much different from others. Another collaboration project and as usual Awayuki isn't afraid to take on the challenge.

Taking on stage, this episode felt like a celebration of the show rather than just another performance. Kinda neat imo.
Sep 22, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Yeah, I mean it really wouldn't be an episode, nor a finale of this show without the best boy himself, StroZero, making one last appearance. Don't know who I'll miss seeing more, Awayuki or StreoZero lol. Fr though, glad to see they pulled of the performance without a hitch, and for once, I allow CG to be used because the VTuber characters technically are CG in anime terms lol. Didn't really feel much like a finale expect for those last couple minutes, but a normal episode from this is still better than most anime's this season, so I'll take what I can get.

After Kizuna Ai's anime (which nice that she was in that final montage lololl), we thought that a faithful VTuber anime would never come or even exists out there. Thankfully this show brought the little faith we had and blew it out the water. Easily the best comedy this season.

StroZero/10

Though now, TNK I beg of you... PLEASE go and finish Highschool DxD now... I'm begging.

Jul 2017
After almost being MIA throughout the series, Hareru Asagiri is the only member of Live-On's premiere generation who still holds out, and she's proud of her Kohais who have done much better, especially Awayuki, in anticipation of her 1st live concert. Even so, for Awayuki to be standing on the same stage alongside her, the Senpai herself feels nervous, but it's all for the show.

Ha, Awayuki personifying her alcoholic persona on stage is quite hilarious. But it's clear that this concert is for Hareru's retirement, with the baton-passing of aces between Hareru and Awayuki as she performs her originally written song, even when her past isn't all that glamorous to begin with, until the point where she and her friends founded Live-On not just as staff, but VTubers who stood out in their own way. And now that Live-On has matured, Hareru needn't be on the spotlight more than she could, as the company can survive with the new and capable talents all the more.

The cameos of most VTubers aside, Awayuki is ready to start her usual stream all the more.

What a show for the VTuber fans, I'm more than happy, even though I'm not so much a VTuber fan.
This show may be a niche, but it's a hidden gem that stands as one of the best shows of the season.
KANLen09Sep 22, 9:20 AM

Feb 2020
Funny finale with a very nice performance. Good job, Awayuki and Hareru!

This was my favorite show of the season besides Mayonaka Punch and Ramen Akaneko. I really liked the characters. I didn't get all the references, but it didn't bother me too much.

All the yuri was obviously great as well. But unfortunately, the protagonist once again wasn't lesbian enough. I find it as a common issue/annoyance with many all-female anime. Japanese writers, do something about it. :P

SerafosSep 22, 12:12 PM
Sep 22, 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Where's Hina? lmao...This is not Diamond Dust that I knew before.

The real VTuber also have been mentioned at the end of the episode as well.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 22, 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
No way it’s over man wtf 😭 I need a mixed media project or an actual Awayuki vtuber. This was PERFECT.

Diamond Dust was the ideal way to sum up all of Hareru’s feelings she’s kept bottled up all season long and let Awayuki know how she feels ❤️ their performance was so damn beautiful, y’all know I’m weak for well done idol performances. For that to be their first time on stage they ate up!

The way they look at each other too! No friendship gimmick, I know lesbians when I see em 😍 😂

Live-On has come so far from the 5 friends who started it and it’s gone on to help other people who were lonely and isolated just like Hareru was. Now Awayuki is that shining star to the younger generation and as long as there’s good role models to look up to, live-on will continue growing. Future is bright. Loved this show so much and I’ll miss Awayuki on Sundays 😢 will have to check out the LN.
Marinate1016Sep 22, 10:59 AM
Sep 22, 8:44 AM
Jul 2023
What a nice ending, the concert, the cameos/reference and another hololive-like event coincidence as well with the "not graduation" situation.

Perfect VTuber anime through and through.
Sep 22, 9:03 AM
Jul 2024
Good finale, I especially like the montage of various vtubers, starting from Kizuna AI all the way to Aki Rosenthal. It's a nice tribute to Kizuna, who is widely regarded as a pioneer in the vtuber industry.

Also Hareru revealing that she was about to graduate before changing her mind is similar to what real-life vtuber AZKi did in her 7th live, where she stated that her she was set to graduate on a predetermined date, but changed her mind to pursue her dreams.
Sep 22, 9:07 AM

Feb 2021
Omg the montage with irl vtubers at the end, love it
Sep 22, 9:26 AM

Mar 2021
Really sweet and hilarious finale this show has just been a blast from start to finish.
Sep 22, 9:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid conclusion, it’s nice to see that Hareru-senpai isn’t throwing in the towel just yet. She really set up all the flags for it though, lol. Nice little montage with the real life Vtubers too, that’s really cool.

There were amusing bits from the series but in general I found it be to be fine, not going to lie. I’m a fan of Sakura Ayane-san so just hearing her under the influence of Gacchi Zero was enough to draw me to the series in the first place, lmao. Strong yuri vibes from some of the earlier episodes, I wish it could’ve been possible to canon-ise those…

Solid 6/10 from here. I’m not exactly a Vtuber fan but I see some of the trends from various social media. Probably wasn’t the intended target audience but I’d my fair share of fun.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 22, 10:43 AM
Jul 2024
I'm not a V-tuber fan outside of this Show, but this was the BEST comedy of the Summer BY FAR. I loved it! I really, really, really, REALLY loved it!
Sep 22, 11:15 AM

Apr 2020
What a nice way to wrap up the show. The show was made for V-tubing fans, they did everything right. The amount of reference was also crazy. It sometimes felt like I was watching real Hololive clips and animation.
Sep 22, 11:44 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
I had s0 much fun with this, and that ending with real Vtubers really was great and i not even watch any and felt it.
8/10
Sep 22, 12:28 PM

Jun 2016
Magnificent., from start to finish, humor, references, yuri(not bait), everything is a 10 out of 10, I'm hoping for an OVA, if not a second season.
Sep 22, 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
this is my hidden gem of the season. This anime makes me feel so happy for some reason (maybe because I also drink a beer together with Awayuki lol). Also the last throwback to real og vtubers was very nice, even though I haven't watched none of them. It was truly the best agenda, and beveage ad of all time
sezbian lex
Sep 22, 1:37 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode! Very, very good series! Second season much welcome, if and when coming.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 22, 1:37 PM

Jun 2023
Going to miss the StroZero.
Sep 22, 2:17 PM
Apr 2018
Retirement/Graduation episode with the character in question having yellow as their light stick.

This hits too close to home.

AME! T_T
Sep 22, 2:37 PM

Aug 2022
This episode was really great and a nice way to wrap the show up, The performance at the end was really good and I love that they used 3d models like an actual vtuber concert. The montage at the end was also a sweet touch

I'm fully expecting to never get another vtuber show again unless this gets a second season. Personally this show was great, the characters were all incredibly unique, The different game/anime references throughout made this also even more unique. This show actually felt like I was just watching real vtubers. They done it all right with all the terms like different gens, off collabs and what not. Genuinely cant pick a favourite because this show had so many characters I loved.

The only slight dislike I had is occasionally the lewd jokes were a bit over the top, but ngl I got used to it after a while.

Personally was gonna give this an 8 but I'm giving it a 9/10 just because Awayuki uploaded an actual cover of Stellar stellar to YouTube earlier in the season. As someone who is a fan of vtubers I loved this anime, I don't consistently watch them and outside Hololive there's only 1 vtuber I'd say I watch somewhat consistently. But I mean the majority of music I listen to now is from vtubers. Honestly I'd love a season 2.

I love that vtubers are becoming more accepted, cause everyone's free to have there own opinions and can dislike them if they want but some just see vtubers and think their weird or disgusting for no reason, Which sure you may find that with some but man that's just people in general, You'll always find weird people around. But I mean at the end of the day they're just people and Im glad there becoming more recognised.
Sep 22, 4:31 PM

Jun 2024
Another enjoyable episode.
The concert was fine, I liked the dancing and visuals.
I enjoyed the part where Hareru told us about her story.
I enjoyed this series from start to finish, hilarious at times.
8/10

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 22, 6:45 PM
Mar 2020
Glad I was wrong about Hareru graduating, didn't want to end it on a somber note. The part about Vtubers just being people felt like a dig against the Japanese idol industry as well as Vtubers.
Sep 22, 9:25 PM

Nov 2023
I'm not a Vtuber fan so I'm not the intended audience but it's not that bad, however, I felt like after a few episodes, it went downhill.

The issues I have is mostly due to the comedy, it wasn't for me but the references were pretty cool when I knew them.

6/10
Sep 22, 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Loved this anime. I love Sakura Ayane, her voice is the best…especially when she does crazy, loud characters. This was a nice ending with the concert and montage to real VTubers. I’ll miss Live-Ons crazy antics.
Sep 22, 10:22 PM

Jul 2022
Hareru was definitely quite peculiar. I never expected that, besides being a V-Tuber, she was also the principal founder and CEO of Live-On! That really surprised me, wow. It even reminded me of Sora and the retired A-chan with Hololive, who contributed their enthusiasm to the idea while Yaggo provided the capital, starting with small facilities. Who would’ve thought they’d become one of the biggest V-Tuber agencies worldwide after that first stream by Sora with the legendary 13 knights?

The final episode was amazing, especially with the song by Awa and Hareru. It paid tribute to various V-Tubers and really hit me with the reference to Kizuna, the veteran who started the massive V-Tuber boom.
Sep 22, 11:02 PM
Jun 2008
No, not the graduation announcement from Hareru-sempai!?

Seriously, what an emotional finale where Asagiri and Kokorone have a 3D live concert together which ends with a duet song.
Sep 23, 12:14 AM

Sep 2013
Anime of the year? Maybe. That's a good finale. Happy with how much music this show gave as well.
Sep 23, 12:29 AM
Jun 2024
i don't even remember when was the last time i cried watching anime, but i did cried watching this last episode because i also watch hololive and this episode really remind me of some event from hololive, especially A-chan graduate and Amelia Watson(my oshi) decided to stop streaming but still wanna be a part of hololive just like hareru wanted to do. remembering all of that make me instantly cried (TvT)
Sep 23, 5:02 AM

Oct 2016
After that emotional concert, they left us with this beautiful quote for the final episode.

Yesterday's tears are tomorrows c*m, I guess you could say.

This show was fun. I don't watch much VTubers, but I know enough to say that this felt like a love letter to VTuber culture, especially with the tribute to the OGs at the end, that was awesome.

I wouldn't mind getting more seasons of this, it actually felt like I was watching an actual VTuber most of the time, they really nailed it.
Sep 23, 5:16 AM

Nov 2023
It's definitely one of the funny and hilarious shows of the season.

Awayuki and gang are crazy.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Sep 23, 7:43 AM
Oct 2019
Good finale!
I'm so glad Hareru didn't actually retired.
That backstory was really emotional.

7/10
Please give us another Season 🙏

This should be the standard for Vtubers Anime from now on.
They did such a good job portraying what Vtubers stream and the community looks like, even though I'm not really into VTubers but when COVID-19 hit few years ago, Vtubers was there to entertain and made me happy during those harder period.

I just want to say THANK YOU VTUBERS!!
davidyodo24Sep 26, 6:36 PM
Sep 23, 7:50 AM

Jul 2023
It's a strong final episode, and it was understandable unlike some of the previous episodes.
Sep 23, 1:05 PM

Mar 2018
Tbh I kinda prefered to follow this weekly over Nokotan, I found it more funny.

I got a bit flabbergasted seeing Kizuna A.I. there at the end, didn't expect her at all. Found that last littlle montage kinda cute.

Comedy-wise I didn't find this episode quite entertaining. Hareru's backstory was kinda neat but that's it. Never been that big of a fan of idol thingies

I don't know if I would necesarilly look forward to a second season, but I wouldn't complain. Again, I found this to be on the bettter end of comedies. I liked the pop culture referefnces as well. Starting the show I didn't expect to be hearing Sakura Ayane say even half of what she ended up saying.

"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Sep 23, 7:04 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to Embient
Omg the montage with irl vtubers at the end, love it
@Embient yeah they showed Lamy and Aki Rose, but I don't know the others.
Sep 24, 4:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh that was actually quite emotional ending since we got a bit of Hareru's backstory and her decision to start again as a new full-time Vtubber this time which is the contrary of what we usually see even Awayuki expected her to say that she would retire, now it makes sense why she mentioned her intelligence and all since she was alone but founded this vtubber agency with four of her new friends.
Anyway I liked seeing Hareru and Awayuki singing together for the final, good ending for this really funny show, if only Vtubbers were really like that ahaha, I will always remember Gachi Zero now. And btw really liked seeing all the "real" vtubber at the end, even though I barely know any of them I still recognized a few
Oct 6, 3:49 AM
Feb 2024
Very wholesome finale. I really am glad I saw this series.

Great tributes to all the precursor vtubers and ending on a touching note.
Oct 6, 7:30 PM

May 2015
Nothing like the big concert with Hareru and Shuwa for the finale! This show was both really funny and super wholesome. I'm glad to have watched it this summer season. I also gained a new found appreciation for the art of V-Tubing. It seems like an excellent part of the internet.
Oct 7, 7:00 AM
Jun 2022
the last episode is perfect to wrap this anime, it's peaked right there at the last concert. i was fully expecting that Hareru is going to graduate after the concert but nope, she changed her mind!
got a bit teary when they narrate Hareru backstory, and i got flabbergasted when they show the real VTuber at the end especially Kizuna Ai (i really missed her)
8/10 for sure from me :D

Oct 8, 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
There's an irony in being comfortable with expressing your true self through a mask. Even when trying to express one's inner thoughts and feelings, there's still a need for a filter or barrier between one's self and the world.

I can see there's definitely a lot of love and passion in this anime, especially with that homage to Kizuna Ai and the general path drawn between the creation of the vtuber concept up until the present day. Thinking about it, vtubers feel like a glorified reality TV show, where you're watching someone live their lives doing anything and everything that is could be considered entertaining. Value here is found in emotions and experiences, which runs contrary to assigning value to substantive, physical objects. To enjoy, love, or become engrossed in concepts is something fascinating to me, as you can really interpret them as anything you want. Such concepts are not bound by the physical world with its physical limitations. With an open enough mind, and perhaps a few drops of insanity, vtubers can be anything you want, do anything you want, in however ways you want.

This anime is great in that regard, and although I'm pretty far detached from vtubers, I can recognize their impact, and it's great to see their tale generalized and condensed into an anime showing off all the vtuber culture has to offer.
Oct 8, 11:17 PM
Aug 2021
brainrot but anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28

54 by Samanthas_end »»
Oct 8, 12:49 AM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1

27 by Shocked »»
Oct 7, 2:52 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25

41 by Shocked »»
Oct 7, 2:26 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4

53 by BthatTVK »»
Oct 1, 8:18 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 29, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.