Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
So secret weapons are somehow involved in this whole tournament change after all. Screw the National Defense Force. It's just a shame that some families in this show has way too much influence. This tournament is much more about who will be the victor but rather who can accomplish their agenda the most.

Tbh, Tatsuya is just trying to investigate into this the best he can. Oh and welcome back Masaki, been awhile since we've seen his face. This episode imo just had an eerie vibe.
May 10, 7:58 AM

May 2020
No, I mean of course, chad-sama has bigger things to care about than some inter school competition, so leave it to him and this series, and they’d somehow frame it that his investigation, which went all the way to a different city altogether, is connected to this competition someway. P weapon or whatever the fuck that old man Kudo is developing and working upon, which obviously would hinder the upcoming competition and its event, seems to be just as much as explained about as the whole plot of second season.

Also, the whole personality of Maya is so one-note at this point, that even the briefest amount of screen time she gets, is wasted away in those attempts of them showing her scheming and stringing things here and there lol.
May 10, 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Detective Tatsuya is on the case!

To adapt to the sudden shift in the Nine Schools Tournament competition, Tatsuya and the other student council officers find themselves leading busy lives. One day, Tatsuya receives an email from an unknown sender. The message reveals that the recent event changes were influenced by pressure from the National Defense Force, and the Kushima family is exploiting this situation to test secretly developed weapons at Steeplechase Cross Country. Determined to uncover the truth, Tatsuya heads to Nara, the Kushima family's home base, to investigate the details of their experiment.

Tournament arc time is upon us.

May 10, 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
Did you notice any changes at the opening Song?

|
May 10, 9:38 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Ricky16

|
Ah yes, the only thing that can defeat Tatsuya: overwork
19:14 Ooguro Ryuuya is Tatsuya's alias in the military if you don't remember.

@Ricky16 Ohhh, the season changed, nice. And also the female uniforms? I think this might be an error, I don't think that transparent part is only for some seasons or something.
EmbientMay 10, 9:41 AM
May 10, 10:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The nine schools comp is always a hard one for the council. And even more so this year due to the changes. In a way Ayako's skills make her the best intel expert the family could ask for. It was funny seeing the Kuroba sibs be intruduced publicly to Tatsuya. Considering their skills im not surprised that Masaki and George deduced that Steeplechase was sus. Maya getting involved at this point in that fashion sure was a surprise. Curious to see how this event unfolds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
And now things are gonna get fun. Now that Tatsuya and the Yotsubas know about the upcoming terrorist attack at the nine schools competition it’ll be really interesting to see how they counter it.

A lot of dialogue and manoeuvring like last episode, but we did have a few cute moments like Miyuki getting jealous over Ayako and Tatsuya “meeting” the kuroba siblings for the first time publicly

Some subtle changes to the OP this time around as well. They changed seasons(trees in the final shot)

I’m just excited to see things really get going with this nine schools comp. The parasites are gonna be a fun challenge
Marinate1016May 10, 12:11 PM
May 10, 12:12 PM

May 2021
at least my queen is honest with herself. good ep as usual, 8bit's best anime airing for now...

May 10, 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Lot's of talking in this episode but it ended on an pretty interesting and ominous note.

Lady Maya makes me feel all sorts of funny things.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 1:30 PM
Nov 2018
Love this season so far. I'm happy Maya has a more active role.
May 10, 2:25 PM
May 2018
Loved seeing Tatsuya's eyebags make an appearance in every single frame
May 10, 2:45 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hyped for next week i guess?
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 10, 3:37 PM

Dec 2020
No matter what ruthless conspiracy, inhuman deeds Tatsuya always has the upper hand cuz he's the OvErPoWerEd mc

Well letz see what'd be the outcome
May 10, 4:57 PM

Mar 2013
I'm glad to see the twins from the fourth high school again in this episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 10, 8:40 PM
Nov 2018
Ayako and Fumika probably risk there lives in getting information. Tatsuya discovers on his own casually standing off the road side.
May 10, 8:57 PM

Feb 2019
so who is really pulling the strings here? i have a feeling this year's nine schools competition will be a bit boring, but fueled with lots of speculations and anticipation about the steeplechase event.
May 10, 10:33 PM
Mar 2019
Too many behind the scene machinations in this episode. Time to mix it up a bit before this series starts crawling to the finish line.
May 10, 11:12 PM
Apr 2021
Ricky16 said:

|

Yeah I see the changes. It’s the trees
May 10, 11:15 PM
Apr 2021
Great episode. And of course there was something sis about the whol Steeplechase Event. I like how parts of this episode were geared towards Tatsuya and how dangerous he is. No one can touch him. He’s the one and only Godsuya
May 11, 1:41 AM
Apr 2023
So in summary, they will all let Tatsuya cook when the fire gets too hot
May 11, 3:04 AM

Feb 2014
Although it was very subtle, the changes to the tree in the final frame in the OP was a nice touch, as the series is in summer right now.

As before, this was another build-up episode about the upcoming competition and the cross country race, where Tatsuya is now aware of the plans for an attack during the competition itself. Same goes for Maya and she didn't waste time in making her own move in how to deal with this situation.

The Kuroba siblings meeting with Tatsuya was a nice moment, too. I do respect Ayako and her ways of getting intel. That itself makes her a force to be reckoned with.
May 11, 4:48 AM
Aug 2016
It was an interesting episode. I'm curious to see how much they shorten the arc. The thing is, they haven't even gotten halfway there yet.
May 11, 6:38 AM

Oct 2017
No one wants to or can mess up with onii sama. Even the people at the top shares the sentiment. So if he makes a move, their only choice is to assist him. Cute Miyuki stuff and was nice to see the twins in school uniform. We are already at another nine school competition. I still remember how good the first one was but unlike last time the main focus is in one event. Also been enjoying more Maya too.
May 11, 6:49 AM
Nov 2019
persiapan kompetisi 9 sekolah
My Candies :
May 11, 10:26 AM
Mar 2015
The plot does not seem very secret since everyone knows about it
May 11, 11:26 AM
Jan 2021
wooow, not only the drawing become smaller, the plot segmen became smaller too pat-pat little sister -> go out to work -> boss talk about mc.
May 11, 11:41 PM
Jun 2007
Ah great more information on the competition. Expecting some battles soon.
May 19, 2:53 PM

Sep 2014
I would not mind getting late night calls from Maya..

Speaking of which, the character designs for all the girls in this really are great. And the studio does a surprisingly good job at bringing them to live.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 16, 9:41 PM

Feb 2021
He's always being targeted... If only He can live peacefully.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 19, 2:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More progression regarding the P weapon especially now that they got all the information they needed
Jul 3, 12:10 AM
Jan 2009
We saw last season, and again this episode, that MC can see through buildings. We also saw last season that he can delete anything he sees, even through buildings.

This means that he could have deleted all the P-Weapons while they were standing there in storage. MC's powers are too convenient, which means that plot holes are required just so the story can happen, otherwise he'd just solve everything immediately.
Jul 4, 2:39 AM

Apr 2013
Sasuga Onii-sama, no reason to do anything if an attack can't even hurt you anyway.
Jul 25, 12:19 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to amf85
We saw last season, and again this episode, that MC can see through buildings. We also saw last season that he can delete anything he sees, even through buildings.

This means that he could have deleted all the P-Weapons while they were standing there in storage. MC's powers are too convenient, which means that plot holes are required just so the story can happen, otherwise he'd just solve everything immediately.
@amf85 The Parasite Dolls (P-Weapons) have a core made of Pushions (which Decompose doesn't work on), rather than the Psions that instead compose the "shell" that allows parasites to interact with the real world; this effectively means that merely decomposing the parasites gynoid body alone will just release the parasite's true information body. Tatsuya does get Astral Dispersion to deal with these parasites more effectively later in the LN, but otherwise needs help from Miyuki, Mikihiko and others to properly trap them, like in the previous season.
Archean-ReturnJul 25, 12:44 PM

Shaded Horizon

Sep 13, 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Ohh that was a tasty ending. I do love that Tatsuya is being built up to be this monster magician they can't ignore. Everyone trying to keep the peace while he is just here for the greater Miyuki good

More topics from this board

» 6 Volumes in 13 episodes

Ronninn - Apr 11

5 by yesvirgi »»
Oct 5, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28

64 by Snaita »»
Sep 27, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

44 by lanfire »»
Sep 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

58 by lanfire »»
Sep 13, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

52 by adbeaver »»
Aug 19, 8:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.