Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Awayuki has a lot in common with Mashiro so it's not that surprising she invited her to a new home.

Lot of cute and entertaining moments. If anything, this anime does a decent job at character chemistry between Awayuki and others. It just happens that Mashiro is also a very energetic girl she gets along with.
Aug 25, 7:58 AM

Feb 2020
Adorable episode.

Awayuki and Mashiro are just so cute together. <3

SerafosAug 25, 8:57 AM
Aug 25, 7:59 AM
Mar 2022
Very cute episode, really. The interaction between Awayuki and Mashiro is saccharine.
Aug 25, 8:35 AM
Jul 2023
Such a sweet character focus episode about a great “mother and daughter” friendship, both been through a lot, but still power on, together.

Aug 25, 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
The Yuri bait was strong this episode.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 25, 9:36 AM

Mar 2021
Such a sweet episode Mashiro and Awayuki are so cute when they are together and having fun.
Aug 25, 9:42 AM
Jul 2024
The Yuri is strong in this one! Also, the Quest for the Missing Stroh Zero.
Aug 25, 10:00 AM

Jan 2012
This must be a parody of Shigure Ui's drawing streams. Tee tee moments today
Aug 25, 10:04 AM

Nov 2023
Very cute episode. Their interactions were great and chill
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Aug 25, 10:15 AM

Aug 2022
Awa and Mashiron are so adorable together
Aug 25, 10:17 AM
Jun 2024
yuri vibes!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 25, 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
“I love you Awayuki” Ahhhhhh my lesbian vtubers 😩 there’s no downplaying or misinterpreting this one, they love each other and I’m so here for it. Nothing in this episode was very “we’re just friends” of them 😂. Mashiron and Awa scenes are the best and just so pure, none of the other over the top gimmicks like with some of the younger vtubers or even genmates, just two people who genuinely support one another and want each other to succeed

Couldn’t stop smiling this whole episode! The fan taking Awa’s strozero because she wanted her to go back to the old Awa days was pretty funny. But also a little scary cause how are people watching her deliveries like that 😭 but everything after that was just pure fluff. Mashiron and Awa stream was so good and I love the outfit she was designing for Awa. The bralet would actually be a nice little bold statement for her lol

The bath tub teasing was so cute, it must be a surreal experience for Mashiron to share such intimate moments with someone she really looks up to, and then sleeping together and holding hands!!! Perfect episode man. ❤️
Marinate1016Aug 25, 11:13 AM
Aug 25, 10:44 AM

Sep 2013
Very nice episode. The IRL scenes are always the best, and as far as best friends go, it's very sweet.
Aug 25, 1:32 PM

Jun 2023
Oh my word this is so wholesome
Aug 25, 3:54 PM
Dec 2019
Why is this anime even rated that low? It is awesome in all aspects it tries to achieve and this episode just showed it again :)
Aug 25, 5:04 PM
Nov 2023
If this was all stream based it would be a 9, but the wholesome irl interactions are just dreamy! 10 score, there will need to be a major F-up to reduce my enjoyment of this perfect entertainment. Even the need to keep pausing to read all the chat only improves it, an episode can last over 30 minutes! Genius!
Aug 25, 5:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
A lovely episode featuring Awayuki-chan and Mashiron! Their interactions together was so wholesome to watch. Oh, the feels when I see how Mashiron will continue to support Awayuki all the way. I think the relationship between Awayuki-chan and Mashiron is the best one among the cast and their ship it's also my favorite. This is my favorite episode so far! <3
Aug 25, 6:44 PM
Jun 2021
I lovely this Chater
Aug 25, 8:54 PM

Feb 2019
SoraSenpai said:
The Yuri bait was strong this episode.

Great episode.

>yuri bait
>literal dream love confession with the most romantic handholding you can pull off
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Aug 25, 11:21 PM

May 2019
No single drunken and unhinged moments in this episode but just a very heartwarming and lovely episode focusing on the relationship between Awayuki and Mashiron. I thought this was easily the best episode so far. Seems like Awayuki is having the best life in doing what she loves and also has someone like Mashiron beside her supporting till the end of life. That last line sounds more like a proposal to be "girlfriends" and their conversations on the bed really melt me.

Aug 26, 2:00 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, I didn't expect to get an episode like this in my shitpost show, it was really sweet.

Awayuki really just got casually doxxed though, at least she moved to a new place

Awayuki and Mashiron are definitely really good friends, yes.
Aug 26, 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, Awayuki and Mashiro actually share a very close bond with one another within their community.

Awayuki's fictional story of the missing StroZero, involves a story of near-espionage with the beer, and a relief retrieval of her fridge being stocked with alcohol, ready for the on-site offline stream collab with Mashiro.

The first time that Awayuki has invited somebody into her home, and the friendship of both girls go more than just fellow VTubers. The collab to upgrade Awayuki's fashion, though the boob cleavage that's deemed "into the abyss" that was a wild thing to say, and aside from the wild bath time together, Mashiro has had a deep fangirl personality when seeing Awayuki first shine because of her unkemptness, which has earned fans along the way. Still, the unconfident semblance between the two same-gen friends is what bonds them together, in their high and low moments.

Love the Yuri friendship between Awayuki and Mashiro, these two are just partners for life.
Aug 26, 7:01 AM
Oct 2019
I was waiting for the to kiss in the bed scene ngl LMAO
Aug 26, 7:25 AM
Jan 2023
God the yuri bait was real in this one. Was kinda sweet to watch though.

Also the case of the missing stro zero, was entertaining to watch that go down. The disappointment on her face though when there was none in stock at shops.
Aug 26, 7:25 AM
Jan 2023
God the yuri bait was real in this one. Was kinda sweet to watch though.

Also the case of the missing stro zero, was entertaining to watch that go down. The disappointment on her face though when there was none in stock at shops.
Aug 26, 9:56 AM

Jul 2022
Awayuki without her StroZero received a harsh blow, and it's frightening that some "fans" go to such extremes, knowing not only where she lives but also the places she frequents. I found it strange that she didn’t react to this, but she kept her cool and moved out without much fuss.

What a lovely episode. Even if it’s just yuri bait, I still have hope that it could become a reality. Regardless, from the beginning, I thought Awa and Mashiro had a strong connection, so seeing them closer made me really happy.
Aug 26, 9:57 AM

Apr 2024
I love watching a cute girl , i love even more TWO cute girls and even more when TWO cute girls do cute things together.
[/size]
Aug 26, 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
God, I really love this episode. I didn’t think this would be the yuri of the season, their chemistry is just amazing. I also adore Awayuki's new outfit, it looks perfect on her.
Aug 26, 1:39 PM

May 2015
God the yuri vibes in this series are so cute! I love these two. These two are my favourite ship in the series.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 26, 4:02 PM
Mar 2021
Yuri fans can't stop winning 🙏🏻 Awayuki and Mashiro have such a genuine, sweet connection beyond the typical vtuber flirting shenanigans. The entire conversation in bed, the dream, the final shot! My heart and soul have been healed.
Aug 27, 4:18 PM
Dec 2022
damn.

They went for it.

based.

I thought they were going to play it off as "and they were roommates" but no.
Aug 28, 6:57 AM
Oct 2023
Best friends totally have a heart felt confession to each while holding hands sharing the same bed. This is a perfectly normal friendship between heterosexual woman. :P

Really though, I did not expect the vtuber anime of all things would the furthest so far in yuri this season.
Aug 30, 6:18 AM

Jul 2023
a relatively notmal and heart-felt episode as they tal about their frustrations.

After saying to each other daisuki, did they have sex? handholding like that is often used as placeholder for that.
Sep 1, 8:52 PM

Jun 2024
A package thiff because they wanted Awayuki to not turn into Shuwa anymore.
I love Yuri scenes, though it seems they are jus ultra best friends, which is perfectly fine.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 4, 3:24 AM

Mar 2011
This, too, is indeed yuri-
Sep 5, 9:30 PM
Feb 2021
they should kiss fr
Sep 7, 10:48 AM
Jan 2017
I like rom-com anime. Especially when the platonic love teeters on the brink of erotic love.
Sep 8, 4:52 PM

May 2015
This show hooked me with degeneracy and then once it had me reeled in it surprised me with lots of wholesomeness. Awayuki and Mashiro are a great pair. I ship it.
Sep 16, 4:05 AM

Apr 2015
The Stozero thief part was the most interesting idea I've seen so far this season
Sep 16, 1:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A fan buying all the gacchi zero from Awayuki's neighborhood that's unexpected lmao. Strong couple potential with Mashiro wow, that was cute.
Sep 19, 10:26 PM
Celeste

Jan 2021
This episode was so adorable!!! Best episode by far
Oct 7, 2:26 PM

Jan 2010
I've been back and forth on this anime, where I'm not sure if I actually like the show, or if I only like its presentation and not the actual content. Sometimes the raunchy jokes get a bit overbearing, where it feels like it's pushing envelopes for the sake of pushing envelopes without a clear punchline. At other times, I like how the anime frames everyone's behaviors as a carryover from their past and present traumas and anxieties. Whether if it's a method of venting stress, confronting one's personal demons, or simply finding a way to make one's mundane life a bit more colorful, I enjoy watching these characters live for themselves while the world reacts. In a way, it's multilayered voyeurism, where you're watching a fictional chat react to a vtuber, all the while the vtuber's real persona is also reacting to things as the seiyuu in our world has to voice both. I like this layered approach to storytelling, as it's something that takes advantage of the vtuber concept.

Additionally, I enjoyed this episode since it's much slower and has more time to breathe. The entire episode focused on Awayuki and Mashiro, allowing them to really dive into their relationship on and off the camera. Due to Mashiro's less pronounced quirks, Awayuki didn't have to constantly react to the firehose of insanity that often spews from the other vtubers. I feel that as each of the vtubers are introduced, Awayuki comes across as one of the least insane of them, which is weird given her gimmick of being a drunken lunatic. As such, a lot of this show's comedy seems to derive from Awayuki's one way reactions to others, rather than a consistent back and forth. I was previously wondering if Awayuki would be reduced to a single joke of being the drunk, which would result in repetitive and stale jokes. If anything, her drunken antics feel like they're filler punchlines or random asides currently, rather than something given any particular focus. I'm not exactly sure what the balance should be, nor what the show's intent for the balance to be like either.

Regardless, as far as this episode is concerned, I enjoyed the slower pace, and I enjoyed the stronger character focus. It makes me wonder if I like it *because* there's been so much craziness that there hasn't been a moment to breathe, or if it's because this show could have worked better if it came across as more restrained? Maybe this episode worked for me because of Mashiro's restrained personality, and it wouldn't fit the other characters as well. I'm not really sure.

More topics from this board

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22

39 by just_a_beginner »»
Oct 8, 11:17 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28

54 by Samanthas_end »»
Oct 8, 12:49 AM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1

27 by Shocked »»
Oct 7, 2:52 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4

53 by BthatTVK »»
Oct 1, 8:18 PM

Poll: » VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21

50 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 29, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.