Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 8:57 AM

May 2020
Well, graduations always hit hard, but yeah, something has to end for something else to start. Though I liked how we didn’t waste any second before formal introductions and such. Rin is already a part of the family now that mother has said yes:) I hope they avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings tho, which might put the mother in doubt lol, like the idea of a date in school uniforms xD

Though the post confession phase too is as sweet as it was when they weren’t “officially” going out, emphasis on the word official, as I mean they kind of started going out after the first episode itself if we being honest lol. Btw, the idea of looking mature or an adult just because you’re wearing some said clothes is actually not true lol. These two are still kinda kids, and yeah, keep these dates coming! Though dude really is popular lol, or became after cloth shopping.
Aug 22, 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
Rin got introduced to the mom, and she blabbered out everything she possibly could in that heat of a moment, i dont know why it was so funny watching her lose it completely xD

But i was actually expecting some major time jump this week, this is still fine tho, i guess we gonna see more of Rin's final year .. and Senpai being moteru ... and maybe, also that new short haired girl that's popping out from time to time in between scenes ?
Aug 22, 9:24 AM

Jan 2023
Their little dates and moments together were absolutely adorable :)

Judging from this episode, it is clear that they are indeed dating for real now, which makes it all the more confusing about why they chose to not show them telling their feelings to each other (I read the chapters in question after last week and it was such a beautiful moment that it feels like an incredible waste to not have animated it).
Aug 22, 9:29 AM

Jun 2019
They are adorable. I love progression! I rarely encounter shows where the main characters actually date and progress mid show.

While I prefer to hear the confession, this is a valid way to go out too. I know people who have been in a relationship this way, seems real and well written.
Aug 22, 9:36 AM

Jul 2016
Eiji may have casually formed a fresh harem of cats in front of his old "harem" before shamelessly combining them, but dude redeemed himself by rejecting the idea of an actual harem to keep his pseudo harem. Respect.
Aug 22, 9:37 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, Eiji and Rin officially dating and the date they have in this episode is super sweet! so much adorably sweet moments to choose from but the cat cafe scene is a personal choice, truly wonderful nya.
Aug 22, 9:43 AM

Jul 2020
This anime cleanses my soul with its wholesomeness
At the end of the day, we all love watching trash.
Aug 22, 9:51 AM
Feb 2020
Damn Rin screwed herself over by getting Eiji good clothes,tho he'd never leave his harem for anyone.
Builder45Aug 22, 10:13 AM
Aug 22, 9:52 AM

Jul 2024
Rin so embarrassed talking to Eiji's mother. I remember my high school cohorts 52 years ago being much more confident, and full of themselves, around adults.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
Aug 22, 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Ahhh we love development in our romance seasonals. I wish we could’ve heard the actual confession, but seeing Rin and Eiji together officially is so cute. Nothing really changed because they were basically already dating but now they can share cute moments like hugs lol AND meeting family.

Nooo Rin you can’t say you’ll move in that soon, luckily Eiji mom is chill as hell😂 Playing with the “toys” in Eiji room was also really cute. Rin putting her arms out for a hug had me covering my face hehe. Big theme of this episode is Eiji and Rin wanting to be “mature” in their relationship but there’s no need. Just keep being yourselves and you’ll eventually blossom into adults

It’s so cool how well Eiji gets on with Rin’s little sister too. He’s a great big brother figure. She was so happy to get a gift from him, love that.

Looks like Rin was TOO good at putting some clothes together for Eiji because now he got girls confessing to him on the first day of class lmao. He’s in his popular phase and that’s gonna make things interesting, I’m sure Rin will feel some sort of way because he’s around all these attractive older girls and she’s still in hs. Looking forward to how that’s handled. Also, Eiji needing to “recharge” by hugging Rin is sooo cute 😭 they’re my Roman Empire
Marinate1016Aug 22, 10:31 AM
Aug 22, 10:16 AM

Apr 2021
This Japanese Voice Acting couple has been amazing to listen to, I really appreciate all their work.

If they do an English Dub, I hope they get good English voice actors that will work as hard as these two did.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 22, 10:25 AM

Mar 2021
Rin and Eiji are so adorable together especially on their little dates.
Aug 22, 10:48 AM

Jul 2022
Even though the confession hasn't been shown, it's pretty clear they're together, but there's still a part of me that wants to hear it confirmed so I can jump out of my seat when it happens.

Rin has already been accepted as a daughter-in-law by Eiji's mother, which is a huge step. I just hope that Eiji's new outfit and rising popularity at university don't cause Rin any anxiety. Regardless, it's incredibly adorable to see them together.
Aug 22, 11:01 AM
Jul 2024
Damn! They are just too cute together. I stayed home today because I wasn't feeling well. Didn't know I could add Diabetic Coma into the mix!
Aug 22, 11:05 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to LordCrueltyV
Rin so embarrassed talking to Eiji's mother. I remember my high school cohorts 52 years ago being much more confident, and full of themselves, around adults.
@LordCrueltyV Man, the first girl that met my Mom walked right in. She enjoyed MY discomfort though! LOL
Aug 22, 11:17 AM

Aug 2022
I love that in recent times were getting more romance anime adapted which either go past the confession or flat out get a second season to adapt after that point
Aug 22, 12:24 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to Phantom_373
I love that in recent times were getting more romance anime adapted which either go past the confession or flat out get a second season to adapt after that point
@Phantom_373 While I am enjoying more complete romance stories, I hate how this one is skipping all the core romance parts. Their first kiss and confession are just "fade to black" and we have to accept something happened. One point they are just flirting and the next they are suddenly a couple...
Aug 22, 12:25 PM
Oct 2020
"If you want I can shift into this nest"
My ghosh how adorable you can get Rin >.<

Total diabetes.
Aug 22, 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
Rin's clay thing reminds me of https://myanimelist.net/character/153888/Mitty
Aug 22, 1:25 PM

Jun 2017
for once a show which didnt culminate when they graduate .Enjoyed the short little date they had
Aug 22, 1:49 PM
Nov 2019
I'm glad that this story is original and develops the romantic relationship to a proper conclusion where confession is far from the culmination of the anime, wait...

Well it's really a shame that the anime creators cut the confession scene, implying that the confession should be some kind of "climax" (like in cliched romcoms), when in fact it's just the beginning of the story, as Rin mentioned. The creators of the anime decided that since in other rom-coms the heroes clichedly confess their love in the last episode, then here too they need to add some stupidity and melodrama. It seems they didn't understand nor the original story (manga) nor the audience of their anime.

Nevertheless even the evil "effecrive managers" of anime industry with their unimaginative and cowardous fixation on cliches couldn't manafe to ruin this anime for me - it's still the best show of the season as for my taste.
Aug 22, 1:53 PM
May 2020
theyre a couple!!! my life is complete, mum is cool with it and though they don't see each other as much their love is just as strong!
Aug 22, 2:29 PM

May 2019
With a one year school gap between them I had wondered if someone else would approach one of them and it happened to Eiji but I'm glad he was honest with that to Rin although I think she is already getting some anxiety over picking out a nice outfit for him (hopefully she won't become uneasy and sabotage future outfits). On a related note, I wonder if some guy at high school will approach her thinking she's available since Eiji isn't around anymore.

Regarding the confession or lack thereof, I'm surprised that wasn't shown because it's pretty obvious that they're dating and continuing to stay in touch after Eiji graduated high school, I was thinking they would show it later on but I'm not so sure anymore.
Aug 22, 3:08 PM

Sep 2018
They're such dorks, it's adorable.
Aug 22, 3:26 PM

Jul 2017
Some faults aside with this adaptation, these two are too charming that it still makes the anime work. Good sense of progression with the relationship alongside the goofy moments, lovable characters and nice voice acting, this has been good and these last few episodes have been really good to watch.
Aug 22, 3:27 PM

Jan 2024
They blueballed the confession AGAIN
(I mean why) but still excellent episode as always.
Eiji's mom is really cool, the way Rin said she will come to her nest.. girl is ready so do the honours.
These dates are very nice. They were having these "dates" from start but now away from school this still feels great.
Both Rin and Eiji seemed popular as Rin is swarmed by underclassmen for her acting skills and Eiji got confessed on the first day, poor Rin's effort in selecting best clothes backfired😭😭
But who needs a single girl when you can have a harem.

Atleast this exists..

Sweetest couple, bestest girl
Peak romcom
Aug 22, 4:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was a bit worried that the post graduation stuff would be a big time skip, but thankfully it looks like that’s not the case with Nanakura still in school and Eiji about to enter college/being in college, and so far there’s been so many good bits with them outside of school. The home visit at the start of the episode was great with Nanakura fumbling (acing) her meeting with Eiji’s mom, it’s great she’s super chill tho because Nanakura just up and exposed the harem just like that lol. And despite the amount of talk about being mature in this episode, these two are simply the best when they’re being silly, who wants to be a grownup anyway, I could watch Nanakura and Eiji play with toys and enjoy plushies all day lol.

I also really liked the clothes shopping bit, Nanakura was very invested in what Eiji would wear, but lord I loved his impression of Nanakura afterwards lol, that was so good. I also liked seeing Ayaka again, Eiji being sweet to her was wholesome, I like that she didn’t want to give Nanakura the mittens after that too lol. The cat cafe was also super cute, Nanakura taking to that cat was peak adorableness, and Eiji was over there being king of the critters. And lastly, I was waiting for Eiji to say sike but damn he’s really out here pulling college babes, too bad for them tho he’s already got the perfect harem all in one babe right here, funny how this was Nanakura’s doing tho with that new stylish outfit lol.
Aug 22, 6:13 PM

Jul 2024
The beginning with the mom cracked me up. Rin is hilarious
Aug 22, 6:28 PM
Sep 2023
The remainder of the anime is gonna be pure diabetes assuming they adapt the whole manga
Aug 22, 7:01 PM
Apr 2024
This was the best episode by far, which is funny because it had the least amount of the "harem" moments.

I know that's the whole gimmick of the show, but it was getting old fast.

I'm just hoping that now that they're officially dating, there'll be less moments of harem cringe.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Aug 22, 8:48 PM
Jan 2023
Why is the anime being so wired about saying they are dating it skipped the confession scene again and the chapter directly after the confession and even in the scene with the mom he just says rin will be “coming over every now and then” instead of saying that they are dating I just don’t get it.
Aug 22, 9:02 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi graduates and confesses She dresses him so good he becomes popular at college
Aug 22, 10:42 PM
Oct 2018
I actually thought this show ended last week. Glad it didn’t.

Very unusual for a rom-com to transition one of the MCs into uni and the other MC is still in HS. Not complaining though, this has turned out to be one of my favorites this season. I like both MCs and the comedy is good and there’s something new every week.
Aug 22, 10:46 PM
Aug 2020
This is one of those rom com that will have a special place inside everyone’s heart
Aug 23, 1:18 AM

Jan 2021
What an amazing anime
I have a question to anyone that read the manga: is the anime being too fast? did they rushed the adaptation? Because i'd surely love to have more seasons of it. But the way the show is going, it seems to me that they are trying to end everything in only 12 episodes, even though the manga has 157 chapters.

Please, no spoilers
Aug 23, 1:19 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Haustlaufivindi
I'm glad that this story is original and develops the romantic relationship to a proper conclusion where confession is far from the culmination of the anime, wait...

Well it's really a shame that the anime creators cut the confession scene, implying that the confession should be some kind of "climax" (like in cliched romcoms), when in fact it's just the beginning of the story, as Rin mentioned. The creators of the anime decided that since in other rom-coms the heroes clichedly confess their love in the last episode, then here too they need to add some stupidity and melodrama. It seems they didn't understand nor the original story (manga) nor the audience of their anime.

Nevertheless even the evil "effecrive managers" of anime industry with their unimaginative and cowardous fixation on cliches couldn't manafe to ruin this anime for me - it's still the best show of the season as for my taste.
@Haustlaufivindi Can you tell me in which chapter the confession happens, please?
Aug 23, 4:34 AM

Jul 2017
Both Eiji and Rin are back at the former's place, though his mother already knows the relationship between the two...and the indirect confession of her harem acting that surprises her for the while. But anyways, Eiji has to get rid of his school stuff, though their teasing is the standard, and that clay thingie-a-bob they call a landslide, it's just so jank lols. The challenge to be mature whilst showing their affections for each other, that definitely sets Rin's heart beating all the more, on top of the uniform date which Eiji tries to be mature, but ends up being childlike himself. Even Rin's younger sister Ayaka shows up, and he treats everyone the same.

The adult talk with Megu, Rin has definitely matured a bit, and the date to shop for clothings in their causal wear to help Eiji acclimate to college, they're getting there. The cat cafe where Eiji gets overwhelmed by cats while Rin is stuck to one cat, it's like bringing a house of creatures together.

Eiji's reassuring hug at the end of the day, but a confession that turned out bad, plus the change of clothes for popularity, is Eiji becoming popular? Rin's got competition coming for her...
Aug 23, 4:55 AM
Sep 2015
I stand by the fact that this anime is the cutest this season, maybe even the year!!!
Aug 23, 5:05 AM

Nov 2009
I have a bone to pick with this cut payoffs decisions especially knowing both the confession and the kiss are shown to the reader in the manga itself those being cut just for trying to be subverting expectations leaves the whole series that started pretty great kind of hollow for me.
Hi !!!
Aug 23, 5:19 AM

Mar 2008
Rin and Eiji are a cute couple. Eiji's mom has a nice sense of humor it seems. It is interesting seeing them transition from schoolmates to attending different schools. It is rare even for anime characters to even so much as change classes let alone schools.

bassyey said:
They are adorable. I love progression! I rarely encounter shows where the main characters actually date and progress mid show.

Ive been seeing this become more common actually. Still rate though
Aug 23, 6:07 AM
Oct 2019
Awww them dating at Neko Cafe was adorable.

Damn Senpai is on his popular phase?
Aug 23, 6:22 AM

Jul 2023
an okay episode, and now sempai is in college.
Aug 23, 7:39 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to traed
Rin and Eiji are a cute couple. Eiji's mom has a nice sense of humor it seems. It is interesting seeing them transition from schoolmates to attending different schools. It is rare even for anime characters to even so much as change classes let alone schools.

bassyey said:

Ive been seeing this become more common actually. Still rate though
@traed Apologies. I haven't finished a lot of anime. Hopefully I can watch similar shows with the same progression this year.
Aug 23, 7:47 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to bassyey
@traed Apologies. I haven't finished a lot of anime. Hopefully I can watch similar shows with the same progression this year.
@bassyey
Lol no need to apologize. Like I said it still is the rarity and im only saying this as a general impression since ive only seen it in a very small handful but considering i saw it in seasonal shows i asume it must be becoming more common slowly. I dont think it will ever be the main form though.
Aug 23, 10:34 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to JoaoNeto11
@Haustlaufivindi Can you tell me in which chapter the confession happens, please?
@JoaoNeto11 Chapter 78
Aug 23, 11:10 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Haustlaufivindi
@JoaoNeto11 Chapter 78
@Haustlaufivindi WOW
They're adapting about 11 chapters per episode? I guess i have to read the manga now
Aug 23, 2:07 PM
Oct 2022
This episode was one of the best anime episode i watch all time.
Aug 23, 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Cuteness overload with this episode! Too bad there wasn't a kiss though.
Aug 23, 10:42 PM
Apr 2018
Best episode so far
Aug 24, 10:39 AM
Jun 2023
This shows knows what it is and it does it well. Seriously, I can now die happily having watched this show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

139 by smoodflamez »»
Yesterday, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.