Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
ok hopefully thats really the final plot for the todoroki family lol

nagant is still sexy and pretty

and damn is it confirmed that hawks is now quirkless he has no wings anymore
Jun 27, 12:20 AM
Sep 2018
deg said:

I bet it is, everything seems to be resolved on that end.

Also, yeah, Hawks is quirkless but seems more excited about his new role. Perhaps he can fulfil his goal of giving more time for heroes to waste.
Jun 27, 12:36 AM
May 2016
deg said:

dude there are 4 chapters still and we still have many other plots haha
Jun 27, 1:38 PM

Oct 2017
Good to see Nagant. Timeskip with Deku Urara kids where?
Jun 27, 4:05 PM
May 2023
I still think Endeavor's redemption arc is pretty poorly handled, but I like this chapter well enough as a finale for the Todoroki family arc.
Jun 27, 5:25 PM

Apr 2022
dabi looks like he belongs in kaijuu no.8 now.

nagant carried.
Jun 27, 5:26 PM

Dec 2021
For once, I actual feel like Hori's handeled the whole thign with the Todoroki family well. A good conclusion to the whole ordeal and leaves some things up in the air, though whatever. Nagant being the mommy she is, as usual, trying to enjoy her time in prison, for the food ofc lol.

This also could be one of the few shounen series where BOTH heroes and villains face real consequences that we can really feel, like Hawks losing his wings.

Jun 27, 7:15 PM
Mar 2015
Things are winding down
Jun 27, 9:03 PM

Aug 2021
just put my fries in my bag bro wasn't real :(
Jun 28, 4:39 AM

Mar 2021
CANNIBAL_SOUP said:
I still think Endeavor's redemption arc is pretty poorly handled, but I like this chapter well enough as a finale for the Todoroki family arc.

Why do you think it is poorly handled?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 7:48 AM

Jul 2022
Closing it on the Todoroki family.

Am I a bad fan if I didn't even realize Endeavor lost a fucking arm in that whole thing? Or maybe I just don't remember. Also, all of them are scarred now?? I legit do not remember their involvement in that fight lmfao sorry

Dabi is done for, now we check in on Spinner. Yikers!
Jun 28, 10:28 AM
Dec 2023
Lmao Toya looks like he’s from evangelion
Jun 28, 12:54 PM
May 2021
Well lets see if we get anything on spinner but yh decent chp.
Jun 28, 1:36 PM

Feb 2016
Only Gentle and La Brava matter, fuck everyone else, fuck Horikoshi for letting Dabi alive after all of that, even if he is in such a state, what an absolute shit of a manga this is holy fuck. And now Spinner????? Who the fuck cares about him??????????????????????
Only 4 more chapters, I'm so fucking happy this shit will finally end.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jun 28, 4:17 PM

Feb 2021
I bet Mr. Compress is secretly thankful he didn't participate in the war, he's the only League of Villains member that didn't die or get horribly injured like Spinner or Kurogiri (if you count him)
Jun 28, 4:18 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Green_Giorno
Closing it on the Todoroki family.

Am I a bad fan if I didn't even realize Endeavor lost a fucking arm in that whole thing? Or maybe I just don't remember. Also, all of them are scarred now?? I legit do not remember their involvement in that fight lmfao sorry

Dabi is done for, now we check in on Spinner. Yikers!
@Green_Giorno I didn't remember either, the battle with All For One vs Endeavor, Hawks and the others was a bit hard to follow honestly
Jun 28, 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
The Todoroki family is pretty much done for...

As for Hawks and Lady Nagant, seems like they're both doing just fine.

Gentle and La Brava be 💖

What's up with Spinner?
Jun 29, 7:25 AM

Jan 2021
A close to the Todoroki family, no happy endings, they're just moving on to live life.

A few other characters seen doing their daily things, it's nice to see stuff that isn't a war/fight lol

Hopefully we'll see more of what Deku is up to next chapter
Jun 29, 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
the path this story goes, I think it's not gonna ended like they said at first, I mean how Deku become the number one hero.
It's more like, he only inspired people of the world but the number one hero is not him.
and most reader not gonna like it.
Jun 29, 2:02 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to CANNIBAL_SOUP
@CANNIBAL_SOUP poorly handled what?
Jun 29, 2:04 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Abyhape
the path this story goes, I think it's not gonna ended like they said at first, I mean how Deku become the number one hero.
It's more like, he only inspired people of the world but the number one hero is not him.
@Abyhape that sounds poetic and magnificent, I don't see how people won't like it.
Jun 30, 7:22 AM
May 2016
Abyhape said:

Deku said in the beginning that he will become "the greatest hero" not "number 1 hero".
Jun 30, 8:28 AM

Sep 2011
Well Horikoshi got one thing right at least. So happy for Gentle and La Brava
Jun 30, 8:46 AM

Jun 2014
And so ends the saga of this dysfunctional family. Pretty nice wrap up chapter for them tbh.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 30, 8:51 AM

Sep 2007
Gentle and La Brava are free !
I'm so happy for them.
Jun 30, 10:25 AM

May 2020
This chapter kind of closed things for many characters. Wonder what author is planning with the remaining chapters.
Jun 30, 2:55 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to CANNIBAL_SOUP
@CANNIBAL_SOUP Endeavor never had a redemption arc. It was an atonement arc. He isn't redeemed.
Jun 30, 2:59 PM
Nov 2019
Dabi telling Shoto his favorite food is probably the perfect way to end the Todoroki plot line.

Jun 30, 9:13 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to ryzxgum
dabi looks like he belongs in kaijuu no.8 now.

nagant carried.
@ryzxgum lol or bleach
Jul 1, 3:43 AM

Dec 2013
The Todoroki family drama continues to be one of this series' strongest plot points.
Jul 1, 9:22 AM
Feb 2016
all this tech and artificial skin doesn't exist?
Jul 1, 3:04 PM
May 2023
Reply to _Zanga
CANNIBAL_SOUP said:

Why do you think it is poorly handled?
@_Zanga For me, an effective redemption arc requires change of both character and action. The character needs to show a true understanding of why what they did was wrong, and take specific actions to right the wrong as much as they can. For an example of a character that I think is redeemed well, look at Thorfinn from Vinland Saga. We get to see how the lives he ruined in his quest for vengeance haunt him, and how he carries what little of their memory he can with him in his efforts to create a world where nobody will do the horrific things he did, or be a victim of them. He learns what his father meant when he tried to teach him he has no enemies, and the remorse that comes with learning this lesson lead him to dedicating his life for making up for it while knowing nothing he does will truly undo the damage he did.

The way I read it, Endeavor's redemption begins with him deciding to be a hero not to validate his own ego, but to protect the next generation. This happens during the hero license remediation course if I recall correctly, but it has been a few years since I watched that part of the anime so I may be a little off base. While this is a perfectly fine reason on paper, it's something he's basically told to do by All Might. This combined with the fact that he's still doing the same hero work makes him feel like he isn't an active agent in his own redemption.

Endeavor only gives up the thing that he gained through the abuse he put others through, his career as a hero, when he sustains such severe injuries that he physically no longer can do it. He says he planned to retire when Dabi reveals Endeavor's abuse to the world, but this falls flat because for me because I only learn about it once Endeavor's retirement is being forced by his physical health anyways, so his decision to give up being a hero means nothing. It also feels like it undermines his whole thing about doing hero work for altruistic reasons. If the abuse he subjected others to was something he was fine living with until it became public knowledge, it makes his conviction to right the wrongs of his actions by protecting the next generation feel paper thin. If he truly wants to make up for the abuse he put his kids through by protecting other kids, it shouldn't matter. The public knowing is Endeavor's chance to show growth by protecting the public despite their hatred towards him for his past mistakes.

Lastly, I thoroughly despise the way that Rei is handled. We know that she forgives him because he sends her letters and flowers during her time in the hospital, and through this she decides that he has grown. My problem is two fold. Firstly, we never get to see any specifics that would show us this growth she sees. Secondly, this is a textbook example of how abusive partners will prevent their partner from leaving. They offer these superficial gestures to present the illusion of change and prey on the goodwill of people they have victimized to keep them from escaping and breaking the power the abuser has over them. While it is clear that Horikoshi's intention is to show that Endeavor has actually changed, the way that it plays into the same tropes people use to keep people in abusive situations in real life doesn't sit right with me.

Natsu's continued refusal to forgive him does a little to correct these issues. It feels like it gestures towards this possibility that Endeavor failed to redeem himself, and I think that could have worked if MHA wasn't going for the happily ever after sort of vibe I feel like the ending is moving towards. It feels like Horikoshi wants to end off with all the characters having their trauma resolved, and that makes me feel like he wants me to forgive Endeavor because he portrays Rei and Shoto, the characters whose abuse at the hands of Endeavor is centered in the story, as forgiving him. Since I've seen more of Endeavor's journey than they have though, it feels unearned and their forgiveness feels like a cheap way for the author to push his audience towards sympathy in place of having done the work of making Endeavor a character that deserves my sympathy.

Sorry for the long response, but I've been mulling over this the past few days and appreciated the chance to write my thoughts down somewhere.
Jul 1, 4:47 PM
Sep 2022
Nah, a fast chapter.
Jul 1, 6:47 PM
Nov 2022
I was hoping for Toforokis to forgive Enji at least a little bit. It would be fair. But no, let's just upgrade him from forever guilty and hated by family into forever guilty and hated by family + crippled. Horikoshi, what's wrong with you?
Jul 3, 8:44 AM
Sep 2023
midoriya Punk lol
Jul 6, 2:08 PM
Oct 2022
I can't believe I read more than 400 chapters, it goes by very fast, since I read the first chapter
Jul 6, 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
Hmm... nice wraping for the Todorokis after so many downs but also, how come after war so many people got even more handsome?! It's just unfair see Hawks like that, hah!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Jul 21, 11:03 AM

Oct 2021
Toya's burning to death slowly, but the "soba" response shows some reconciliation. 😊 Natsuo's starting a family, Fuyumi will change her job, Endeavor's retiring, Hawks is HSPC president, and Lady Nagant stays in her jail cell despite being told that she can be free. Gentle and La Brava are also free. Everything is wrapping itself up. But next chapter is Spinner. 🥺

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jul 31, 4:09 AM

Nov 2016
At last the Todoroki's can spend some quality time together.. Yo, that was one hell of a family drama until the end. I guess I like the wrap up here. It's not your typical happy ending fluff. Enji's will atone for his sins for the rest of his life in such a sorry state.(only Toya is worse off on plus ultra life support) I mean that this pretty badass indeed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 4, 3:36 PM

Jun 2015
YO WHO THE FUCK COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ENDING?!!! This is a great ending!

I love Endeavor man. He's the best character in this entire series! The Todoroki family plotline is probably the bet writing Horikoshi ever did.
Even bitch-boi Natsu can see how cool Endeavor is finally!!!

Lady Nagant is alive and well! I'm so happy for her!

La Brava and Gentle are back together and free from the system!!!!!!!!

10/10 chapter!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 11, 5:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Endevaour family was joined, even with Dabi, that he didn´t die!!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Jul 19, 2023

61 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 5:46 AM

» Top 3 worst moments in the final war

akaishanks97 - Oct 13

4 by PeripheralVision »»
Oct 13, 9:02 AM

» Where will MHA fans Migrate to?

TwigzLIVE - Oct 6

11 by Old_School_Akira »»
Oct 10, 7:40 PM

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Sep 19

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Oct 9, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 394 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lezet - Jul 13, 2023

63 by KoniginElle »»
Oct 7, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.