Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
So many memories made this season but there was also room for more.

While this finale didn't cap the whole story, it still gave the leader of their nations respective time to showcase their leadership and reptuations. Zheng Ying is also a guy worth mentioning although I don't believe we've seen enough of his potential this season yet. Hopefully in the future. Sadly, no Season 6 announced YET but I'm praying we'll get one.
Stark700Mar 30, 2:44 PM
Mar 30, 5:32 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This was a weird spot to end the season. If anything the previous episode would have worked better as a season finale, and this episode would have made a great premiere for the next season, but oh well. The new alliance is nice, but with how much they are hyping up Li Mu as an even bigger threat than they realized, I really he can back up all the talk.
anime-primeMar 31, 2:14 AM
Mar 30, 7:08 PM

Dec 2016
The cliffhanger omg. Surely another masterpiece season. Can't wait for the next one. Only thing that will never happen is people not "suffer", or "the end of war". Humans are rotten and based off power, so there will always be a shithead who loves to do war, even in a nation ruled by laws (Ukraine, Russia, Israel, US... and basically all others). I like the ideology that such warless state may be achievable, but realistically it is impossible. of course this is anime and fiction, so we should be encountering interesting plots to come XD
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Mar 30, 8:38 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What an incredible episode and finale. Sad to see Kingdom go, but I know it’ll be back before we know it.
Mar 30, 9:15 PM
Dec 2018
A good ending to the work. I was hoping to complete the Repko scene, it would have been interesting
Mar 30, 9:23 PM

May 2020
Sai Taku brought the King of Sei to meet the King of Qin. Ri Boku tagged along the king of Sei, but their intentions aren’t alike.

Ei Sei meets the King of Sei and they talk about the unified Middle Kingdom. Ei Sei explains the kind of ruling that will take place once unified. This clarifies us on how detailed his future plans are. The King of Sei is satisfied with the answer, and promises to stay neutral, and even surrender, if Ei Sei doesn’t change from what he promised now.

The entire conversation had Shobunkun on mood swings 🤣. Sai Taku also reveals he had the same desire of unification once, but admitted defeat. When Sai Taku spoke his last words with Ei Sei, I knew he’d take his last breath. Seems like the King of Sei knew Sai Taku well, considering how he was hugging Sai Taku’s cold body.

With Ri Boku waiting, it’s not advisable to talk for long, so Ei Sei sets out to meet him at the court. I guess, on his way, he realised there was a loss. Wonder if he’d realised it was Sai Taku though.

Didn’t expect this to be the season finale. Nonetheless, it was a good ending. Have to wait for the next season now. Guess I’ll come back and read this before I start watching the next season (when it airs), to jog my memories.
Mar 30, 9:27 PM
Nov 2009
Kinodom doesn't get as much love as other shows, but I hope they can justify keeping the train rolling. It's too good to stop here...
Mar 30, 9:28 PM

Sep 2015
Love how lord Changping's contribution to the conversation consisted only of him making reaction faces and impressed noises.
Anyway, this is a fantastic end to another great season. Some people might feel it is a weird decision to end the season here, but I feel this is a good way to prepare the audience for what is coming in the next few arcs.
Mar 30, 10:25 PM
Feb 2022
this anime is very good story and strategy
Mar 30, 10:32 PM

Jul 2008
This season was solid, but not its best....AND WAY TOO SHORT 13 EPISODES CMON!!!!!!

It gets a 7/10 for me and announce season 6 already!

Also RIP Cai Ze.
Mar 30, 11:58 PM
Apr 2018
Rest in peace "Cai Ze"
In those times, it really must've been difficult to find a way to unify different kingdoms.
The idea of having laws equal for each and everyone (basically democracy) and no difference between royalty and commoners is not something that's easy to think. The era where this king thought of this idea truly is admirable.
Mar 31, 12:53 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
RIP Cai Ze.
That was cool for the Kingdom of Qi to surrender, should Zheng uphold his righteous mission.
Not a big fan of the political scenes, but this one was important to watch moving on. It also helps settle things down after an intensive war.

Hope they announce a sequel soon. 😩
Mar 31, 1:37 AM
Jan 2024
What a great episode! Eye opening. A united middle kingdom ruled by laws but not ruler.
Mar 31, 4:10 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reply to WolfWood37
This season was solid, but not its best....AND WAY TOO SHORT 13 EPISODES CMON!!!!!!

Also RIP Cai Ze.
@WolfWood37 It kind of had to be this way because while this arc is relatively short, the next arc is really long and will need more like 38-ish eps like the older seasons, wouldn't have made sense to split it in two 2-cours in this case
Mar 31, 4:28 AM

Jul 2017
Thought this was an excellent episode to wrap up a short, but fantastic season as a whole. Was worried the Bureaucracy arc was going to be done in this one episode and have everything be super rushed so glad that wasn't the case, even if the manga did some stuff to get to the emergency meeting like Shin meeting Mou Ten (hope that can be adapted next season somehow). Loved the conversation that the King of Qi, Ou Ken had with Ei Sei. Ei Sei does have massive ambitions to unify all the Warring States to one nation through warfare but how could he respond to the people of the states that he is destroying to bring them into his unified kingdom. There are many passionate and grounded by their culture, their values and who they represent so stripping that all away with a justification can be very difficult, and even impossible for some. Was very refreshing seeing Ou Ken share his stories, his experiences and how much he cares for his people to look for an answer that will protect his people. Another coalition army sounds terrifying if Ei Sei got the answer wrong but it makes perfect sense as Ou Ken would rather work together to take down a power-hungry Qin and sacrifice some extra battles to acclaim land than have everything go towards a nation acting in bad faith, only for conquest and greed. Kingdom this season has mostly focused on the war part but it was nice seeing political elements shine here. Sai Taku might have passed away but before doing so, he managed to write himself into history again by taking a step needed in Ei Sei's goal to unifying all warring states by getting a verbal alliance with the King of one of the nations they have to go through. The cliffhanger with Ei Sei on his way to meeting Ri Boku in the hall was good. Considering the arc that happens next, it was exciting to say the least.

It definitely was one that stands out from everything else in a way that can leave some confused as to why it is placed as a finale here, but I think it serves as an effective transition point to get to the next season. This season is on the shorter end but given how long the next arc is, I hope that can be done in 3-cour to have this season be sacrificed to only focus on the Kokuyou arc for the most part. Or if the next arc is divided into two 2-cour seasons, that works as well. Regardless, season 5 was excellent from start to finish with some episodes really standing out towards the end of the battle, showcasing Shin's deficiencies in some ways but his immense growth he has taken as a leader and what it means to be a general beyond the title. Furthermore, Kan Ki was a fascinating character throughout and I could empathize and care a lot for some of the opponents too, especially Ki Sui, Ba Tei and the others that are tied to Rigan till the very end. Thought this was better than season 4 for sure, and another Anime of the Year candidate for me after completing Dangers in my Heart Season 2 yesterday.
Mar 31, 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to WolfWood37

Also RIP Cai Ze.
@WolfWood37 It was short but the runtime made sense given what is to come after. I do prefer the idea of that arc having its own 3-cour season or two 2-cour seasons with better pacing.
Mar 31, 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
Great final episode. Kingdom becomes better and better with every single season.
Hope a 6th season will be announced soon, till then I'll start reading the manga.
Final score 9.7/10

Mar 31, 9:42 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
and a huge one at that
Rest in peace Cai Ze
qi supporting qin
they left us on a huge cliffhanger
I thought this season would also have 26 eps like the previous 2 but guess I was wrong
let's hope a season 6 gets announced and soon
amazing season
10/10
Homura24Mar 31, 9:46 AM

Mar 31, 1:42 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to HaXXspetten
@WolfWood37 It kind of had to be this way because while this arc is relatively short, the next arc is really long and will need more like 38-ish eps like the older seasons, wouldn't have made sense to split it in two 2-cours in this case
@HaXXspetten I understand, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Also season 6 yet to be announced.
Mar 31, 2:40 PM
Feb 2021
Rest in peace Cai Ze, great job!
This season was amazing, kinda sad it was this short. I would assume we need to wait at least until 2026-2027 to get a new season
Mar 31, 5:42 PM
Mar 2021
why only 13 episodes?
Mar 31, 6:12 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to Cmc2909
why only 13 episodes?
@Cmc2909 Only covers this arc majorly besides the last episode. After maybe one episode, the next arc is the longest arc of Kingdom (even longer than Coalition) so that might be getting own season. Makes sense rather doing a third of it now and the remaining later.
Mar 31, 6:42 PM
Sep 2015
best anime ever created
Apr 1, 1:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing, the Qi King extend his hand for accession without war!!
kekeke
Apr 2, 12:05 AM
Jul 2019
And so we've reached the end of The Battle Of Kokuyou Arc, I wasn't expecting this season to be so short but if they did they're normal 26 episodes we would've stopped in the middle of the Zhao Invasion Arc.

Speaking of which I wonder how many episodes the next season will considering the Zhao Invasion Arc is longer than the Coalition Arc maybe they do 38 episodes like the first season but we'll just have to see.

Back on topic, This episode once again shows why Ei Sei is such a great character and how much thought he's put into his goal of uniting the seven nations, instead of people ruling over people laws will rule over people where everyone will be treated equally even royals, And through this conversation the nation of Qi joins forces with Qin.

Lastly Sai Taku who brought the King Of Qi to the capital of Qin passes away shortly after the conversation ends and even though he was a side character we saw every now and then it's kinda sad to see him go but I can be happy knowing his old desire of unification will carry on through Sei.

Next season will kick off the Zhao Invasion Arc I'm not sure what lies in store I know one things for sure, it's bound to be a wild ride.
Apr 2, 1:12 PM
Dec 2023
Really Good ending and overall season is really good I hope next season come fast plz
Apr 2, 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Dat other king is right, no fighting? what a clown dream. But damn We can't let hope die out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 3, 12:19 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to anime-prime
This was a weird spot to end the season. If anything the previous episode would have worked better as a season finale, and this episode would have made a great premiere for the next season, but oh well. The new alliance is nice, but with how much they are hyping up Li Mu as an even bigger threat than they realized, I really he can back up all the talk.
@anime-prime

Kingdom don't end the show with a war instead by post war event as a conclusion. This time was no different but it has a different feeling in comparison to other season finale.

This episode feels more like an interlude between Episode 12 aka true conclusion of Season 5 (or its first cour, whatever it'll be called depending upon future announcement) & upcoming season/cour.
Apr 3, 9:50 PM
Mar 2015
Cai Zhe died bringing the kings of Quin And Qui together to discuss the Middle kingdom even though it killed him Now on to Li Mu the biggest threat to the Middle Kingdom
Apr 5, 9:28 PM

May 2018
That was a good session with the Qi King!
Apr 6, 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
Makes sense to end her. Damn, Kingdom finales are always top tier and this was another awesome season overall.

9/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 7:14 PM
Jan 2014
cant wait for the next season
Apr 7, 12:11 PM

Sep 2017
i dont really understand why they made this the last episode of the season, why not stop at 12?
Apr 7, 12:24 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to cantankerous
i dont really understand why they made this the last episode of the season, why not stop at 12?
@cantankerous Probably to give you something to look forward to and get you excited for the next season
Apr 8, 12:30 AM

Dec 2018
RIP Sai Taku, a gentleman til the end. King of Se was hard on Chin but for a good reason, and we got a good answer. Now Ri Boku is waiting and I'm still mad at him but this is going to be another huge moment...I really wish it didn't end with this, still so much left to see.
EDIT: I guess my translation was different, but anyways that old man was a great guy. I'm glad he got to see hope before his final departure.
Apr 17, 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
That talk between the kings was a bit weid. Of oourse achieving a unified Middle Kingdom requires conquering the other kingdoms (though technically alliances, especially through marriage would be another way) and therefore lots of battles and milliions of solders dying..

..what exactly has the fighting of the past 500 years that mentioned again and again been all about? I see only two possibilities: Either it was about conquest, so Qin's plan is basically no different, only formalized. Or it was just senseless wars. And that it was actually happend, no matter the intentions of everyone. Heck, the Qi king himself mentioned they had been reduced to two castles. What about the stateless people then? And if they are back to being one of the seven states, strong enough to be a deciding factor, what was that all about? Why conquer almost the whole nation, only to leave? Just so you can do it again a hundred years later? How is that not depravity?

As long it's just a different *reason* for the fighting, it can't possible be worse than what they have been doing. To feel the need to undertake such a journey, threaten with a coalition army etc. The very fact that they seem to agree on coaltion armies on a regular basis every couple of decades shows me that nobody actually cares about all that bloodsheed. Everyone is to stuborn and greedy wants to be king of his country and be able to destroy the live of hundrends of thousands of people on a whim. Everytime someone has a chance to get ahead, the others agree to band together to cut them down to size.

If someone would be actually concerned about the bloodsheed etc., they would have arranged marriages etc. that would have long made one kingdom out of two, and then again and again, until there is only THE Middle Kingdom.

So for me, that whole talk was at best pointless, at worse it drags the whole shown down because it simply makes no sense, unless the characters use it as a ploy.
Apr 18, 6:58 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to NwAurion
That talk between the kings was a bit weid. Of oourse achieving a unified Middle Kingdom requires conquering the other kingdoms (though technically alliances, especially through marriage would be another way) and therefore lots of battles and milliions of solders dying..

..what exactly has the fighting of the past 500 years that mentioned again and again been all about? I see only two possibilities: Either it was about conquest, so Qin's plan is basically no different, only formalized. Or it was just senseless wars. And that it was actually happend, no matter the intentions of everyone. Heck, the Qi king himself mentioned they had been reduced to two castles. What about the stateless people then? And if they are back to being one of the seven states, strong enough to be a deciding factor, what was that all about? Why conquer almost the whole nation, only to leave? Just so you can do it again a hundred years later? How is that not depravity?

As long it's just a different *reason* for the fighting, it can't possible be worse than what they have been doing. To feel the need to undertake such a journey, threaten with a coalition army etc. The very fact that they seem to agree on coaltion armies on a regular basis every couple of decades shows me that nobody actually cares about all that bloodsheed. Everyone is to stuborn and greedy wants to be king of his country and be able to destroy the live of hundrends of thousands of people on a whim. Everytime someone has a chance to get ahead, the others agree to band together to cut them down to size.

If someone would be actually concerned about the bloodsheed etc., they would have arranged marriages etc. that would have long made one kingdom out of two, and then again and again, until there is only THE Middle Kingdom.

So for me, that whole talk was at best pointless, at worse it drags the whole shown down because it simply makes no sense, unless the characters use it as a ploy.
NwAurion said:
It isn't that simple as women did not inherit the throne. There has only been 1 woman emperor in the entire history of China which spans thousands of years. But even if the inheritance of the throne became equal or was engineered for the purposes of uniting nations there would be the problem of uniting. What would be the capital of the new nation and who would rule in the government(Chancellor, ministers of left and right etc) and so on. The biggest problem would be to get the peoples of the different nations to accept each other after centuries of war. That's why it would be extremely difficult for people to agree to such a marriage let alone for 7 whole royal families and other many other powerful people. Many of the same problems arise with war, yes but nobody wants to be nation that loses willingly.
Apr 21, 1:47 PM

Jul 2022
very gr8 i give it 9/10
Apr 28, 8:26 PM
Mar 2016
wait wtf? 13 episodes? After 2 weeks I couldn't see episode 14 I was like google it up when episode 14 then I saw episode 13 is final. but I remember last time I check on mal it's 25 episodes. now they just changed to 13 episodes. stop giving false information despite they're all say waiting for official confirmation before uploading it. I say the page on facebook is much more reliable and faster than mal. f mal.
May 7, 1:59 PM
Jan 2024
All episodes in fire
May 22, 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
Why tf is this only 13 episodes? Motherfucker

Jul 5, 10:18 PM
Jun 2013
My guess is that Ri Boku will want to do another alliance with Chin. At this point, it makes sense for them to both attack Gi and split the territory temporarily. For a while now I have predicted that Chin won't be the only kingdom to conquer; I think Sho is gonna take over at least 1 or 2 other kingdoms and the finale will be the battle between the last two remaining nations: Sho and Chin.

Chin has Gi and Sho on the ropes right now, though.
animeguy17Jul 5, 10:21 PM
Aug 17, 11:01 AM
Mar 2019
Ei Sei's will wins out.
Great Season again.
bushman66Aug 17, 11:05 AM
Sep 2, 9:12 AM

Jun 2010
Short and sweet season. RIP Sai Taku!

King of Qi was hard on Ei Sei but was convinced and agreed on the new ruling by "law."

So now, time to meet Riboku, the toughest guy to defeat.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

39 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 1, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

31 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

47 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

49 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

22 by bushman66 »»
Aug 17, 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.