Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 25, 2023 12:58 AM

Oct 2022
Well executed but unholy ridiculous plot. 7/10.
Dec 25, 2023 1:07 AM
Jul 2021
So freaking funny. Rentaro sending the ghost of his father-in-law to heaven by fulfilling his dying wish while yelling "Fatherrrr--" is just comedy gold.
Dec 25, 2023 1:12 AM

Dec 2022
So Shizuka is the only one that manage to see Rentarou excalibur LMAO. Still she is my fav character in this series.

S2 already announced. So glad to hear this with more upcoming girlfriends to watch.
Dec 25, 2023 1:16 AM

Nov 2022
The collective forehead slap from the other 4 peeping girlfriends when Karane inevitably tsundere'd the truth to Rentarou was hilarious.

Sushizuka also made me laugh.
Dec 25, 2023 1:17 AM
Sep 2021
What a season, my favorite harem series from now on. Had emotions, good animation, a good protagonist & obviously the amazing girls. S2 is announced, hyped up for more.
Dec 25, 2023 1:43 AM
Jun 2017
Merry Christmas to Everyone...

anyways love this final episode... rentarou sure is a lucky guy... every man dreams of having many girls liking them...

looking forward to season 2...
Dec 25, 2023 2:18 AM
Jun 2023
Absolute Peak Cinema.
Dec 25, 2023 5:38 AM
Apr 2022
didn't expect a harem anime to be this good. peak harem comedy 8/10
Dec 25, 2023 6:08 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, the effect when the father of mansion blown to the heaven XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 25, 2023 7:33 AM

Jun 2022
Season 2 has been announced already?! this story will be filled with a lot of crackpot women.
Dec 25, 2023 8:07 AM

Mar 2022
this show is art.

I somehow didn't like the first(9th?) episode with that Hakari family drama, before the mother turns, but beside that, it's so stupid and it knows it that it transcends and becomes... perfect. Selfawareness, 4th wall breaks, meta, humor, pacing, voice acting, voice direction, it's... breathtaking.

Characters and their personalities are top notch. First 5 girls are goddesses, but Karane, the tsun-tsun sane man audience surrogate is simply S tier waifu.
Shizuka arc has no right to be as wholesome and heartwarming as it was in a harem anime, Nano is beautiful and Kusuri is just ridiculous.
Hakari voice actress is another stand out, and the Kiss zombies apocalypse arc is the funniest thing I saw this season.

And it has yuri bait, how can it not be perfect.

Bring on S2!
Dec 25, 2023 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Finally get to see "Friend A" again, is "she?" also Rentaro's soulmate? Maybe not, because they've known each other already.

Also got to see Rentaro's 3 new girlfriends for the next season.
Dec 25, 2023 8:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Fun/silly romcom that works well because it embraces the absurdity of the whole harem trope and runs it to 11. It would work even better and be more streamlined without the two midgets, but I understand that to make it work with certain demographics you need the smol girl. It is what it is
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 25, 2023 8:18 AM

Jan 2021
All the girls trying to peep except Shizuka is hilarious. Poor/Lucky her she saw his elephant haha. Gotta love the scolding he gave all of them too. Don't peep and don't put yourself in danger.

This show was tons of fun I can't wait for the next season. As much as I don't like spoiling myself for another season I'm going to read the manga. I've heard nothing but praises for it. See you all in season 2.
Dec 25, 2023 10:55 AM
Feb 2020
Overall, it was a perfect ending for this first season. The wait to the Season 2 will be too long
Dec 25, 2023 3:22 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to PastalNightMare
ShiroAlex said:
@PastalNightMare You didn't count the first one, which was shown more than once in episode 12. :)

can u point out a time frame cause I'd definitely wanna go back track if ur meaning the mother I know she's his newest GF but if ur not then idk the other one besides the like 4 or 5 that appeared right at the end
@PastalNightMare I don’t know about all the scenes, but the main ones at a quick 30 seconds. inspection of the last episode
Dec 25, 2023 6:30 PM
Oct 2014
ShiroAlex said:
@PastalNightMare I don’t know about all the scenes, but the main ones at a quick 30 seconds. inspection of the last episode

OMFG THE MAID , BRO JUST WIFED UP THE WHOLE HOUSEHOLD ATP

ALSO IDK HOW TO ADD SPOILER TAGS IM SO SORRY!!!
Dec 25, 2023 6:52 PM

Sep 2021
Shizuka won the lottery she never wanted to win...

This episode once again wrapped up all the funny and emotional things this show has to offer. A nice end to the first season!

Originally I never planned to watch this show, but I saw a lot of people saying it's funny and, well, it is a parody, so I thought I'd give it a try. And I'm really, really, really, really, really glad I did it!

Because it IS hillarious! It is completly unhinged and doesn't take itself serious and that are two major factors for any parody. Additionally, it takes all those generic rom-com and harem stuff I despise and unmasks it's shallow tropes in the funniest way possible.

But it doesn't stop with the comedy. Because it's actually more wholesome and emotional than all those standart romcoms. The girls, while first and foremost comedic trope parodies, are actually pretty relatable! For me, this was especially true for Karane and her self-doubt resulting in pushing Rentarou away sometimes. She's not some mean tsundre for the sake for attracting those who like the trope, she has an actual personality behind all the "It's not like...".
Rentarou himself also has plenty of charisma. Sure, he is a bit reactive to his girlfriends due to the nature of the show, but he does have his sarcastic side, his loving / caring side and I totally wouldn't mind getting myself a boyfriend like him!
The whole "Rentarou family" thing is also quite wholesome. Most of the girls seemed to be quite lonely due to their... eccentric personalities, so it even scores in the "found family" department.

A great comedy, a perfect parody and a heartwarming romance! 9/10!

I can't wait for season 2!

Dec 25, 2023 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
LOL! Such a chaotic and somewhat heartfelt way to conclude this insanity of an anime. I absolutely loved it.
And also let's go! MILF's kiss finally acquired + ghost Otousan's blessing + one last Hakari x Karane make out session. This finale couldn't have been better xD

Fantastic harem series overall. It exceeded my expectations by a large margin with its over-the-top hilarious comedy and cast full of likeable characters. I loved all the girls and hope the next girlfriends can be just as fun and entertaining.
Animation as well as direction were surprisingly good and consistent, and the transitions from heartfelt/serious moments (Shizuka's backstory, Rentarou reassuring Nano and Kusuri in their respective episodes, Hahari's grief, etc.) to extreme comedy were executed perfectly in my opinion.

8/10 - Surprise of the season alongside Yuzuki-san Chi no Yonkyoudai. Really looking forward to Season 2!
Dec 25, 2023 10:12 PM

Aug 2022
Truly a masterpiece from 0 to 100!
10/10
Dec 25, 2023 11:21 PM

Jul 2021
i hope we get s2 in fall 24. this season was 10/10. absolutely loved it. the comedy, romance, music, animation and girls were all top notch. the mc is also very likable and a absolute chad. truly the best harem romcom i've had the pleasure to watch in a long time.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 25, 2023 11:25 PM

Dec 2016
The shenanigans in this show were top tier comedy for me this season. The obvious subversions were pretty hilarious, from the "they are definitely not doing it skit" to "having the guy be the one being peeped in the bathroom". The whole facepalm skit deserves recognition for it's buildup, it feels like a great homage to The Naked Gun academy awards scene.

As someone that most of the time avoids harem anime for being too derivative since the early 2000s, I'm glad this show raised the bar and made all the girls (including Rentarou) the most likeable characters in the genre. Hope this will be the new benchmark for other shows in the genre.
Dec 26, 2023 1:20 AM

May 2020
this was a really good anime
I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would
the comedy moments are actually funny and not cringe
also for now Hahari is the best girl
I can't wait for season 2 to air and see more of his girlfriends
solid 9/10
Homura24Dec 26, 2023 1:26 AM

Dec 26, 2023 2:56 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to PastalNightMare
ShiroAlex said:

OMFG THE MAID , BRO JUST WIFED UP THE WHOLE HOUSEHOLD ATP

ALSO IDK HOW TO ADD SPOILER TAGS IM SO SORRY!!!
@PastalNightMare Spoiler button, the fourth one from the right looks like a crossed out eye or use bbcode.
Dec 26, 2023 4:33 AM
Jan 2023
muy gueno la verda
Dec 26, 2023 5:54 AM

Aug 2022
Oh my gosh they make me say WHAT in every episode.

The most absurd romcom I've ever watched. There are lots of unreasonable scenes in every episode lol. Until I'm confused about what genre this anime actually is. How come? I didn't expect there to be so many kisses in this anime lol.

No matter how they do it, they make it very good, and entertaining enough for me. What's more, they are making season 2 for this series. Very Good.
Dec 26, 2023 5:56 AM

Feb 2014
This is definitely a very rare anime. Harem genre is one of the most common genres, but this one is rare cause it did/does nice and good.

Have you ever seen a harem anime truly working out? I mean, where girls are aware they are in a harem position and accept that? There are, but that is very, very rare.

Not only that but how the MC met each girl was nicely/beautifuly done, even better than some focused romance/serious animes out there. And the MC really does everything he can to support/love the girls, he´s not the usual average MC who is just there doing nothing as a potato.

There were some wtf random scenes/events, such as when they go Kiss Hazard something like that (because of the Kusuri potions lol), but those scenes/event were hilarious xD Even the pool episode was very nice... when I realized the episode had already ended.. it ended so fast cause it was very enjoyable.

9/10 easy and a few times I am thinking (what if I rate 10/10? xD) and I am so glad this is getting a well deserved 2nd season. In terms of romance+comedy+harem+sliceoflife+school this anime really goes to the 'one of the best' out there - and those are rare.
TechOtakuDec 26, 2023 6:08 AM
Dec 26, 2023 6:08 AM

Apr 2023
I was expecting Hakari's father's ghost to be the 7th...what was I thinking about...
Dec 26, 2023 11:16 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi even was able to make Hakari's father pass on As he ran back to school we saw all the new grils who will really really love him in the next season
Dec 26, 2023 11:49 AM
Aug 2020
Apart from those drug shenanigans, this has been a great anime. I'm glad I ended up giving this a chance.
Dec 26, 2023 2:37 PM

May 2016
Man this show ended better than I ever thought also the Rentaro isn't that bad of an MC that I was thinking.
Dec 26, 2023 5:56 PM
Feb 2021
Storm1988 said:
Apart from those drug shenanigans, this has been a great anime. I'm glad I ended up giving this a chance.

there will be more drug accidents in the future😆

Dec 27, 2023 6:14 AM
Oct 2020
Awsome finale, Im totally satisfied. The adaptation is the best I could possibly imagine, which elevates the manga even more. Im sure the staffs are having fun animating this. Cant wait for season 2 🥰
Dec 27, 2023 7:03 AM

Nov 2014
Honestly, this is so shamelessly degenerate and stupid. It's actually good

I had my doubts initially, but it just kept getting unapologetically absurd
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 28, 2023 4:03 AM

May 2015
This anime was fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun to die !
Dec 28, 2023 7:57 AM
Oct 2019
The Final Boss of Harem Anime!!
Gigguk was absolutely right.

Had a lot of fun and laugh watching this Anime.
also a lot of heart as well.

That last scene when Rentarou running, why do i feel like the Maid is going to be 1 of his girlfriends.
and the next girl Headphone girl? Baseball girl?, Blonde girl?, Black Hair girl (probably Teacher?)

8/10

Season 2 got announced right away, i can see why with the popularity.
davidyodo24Dec 28, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 28, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2018
wowowow I still can't believe this, Rentarou gets the family even quicker than hentai mc's LOL

6/10 I really liked the comedy, last few episodes were also pretty good
Dec 28, 2023 9:52 AM

Sep 2020
Really great season! Probably one of the funniest show this season, really looking forward to s2~
Dec 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Mar 2020
A crazy sleepover in every way, and a tease of the upcoming girlfriends?

The sleepover was more awesome fun, and Hahari's character arc was completed in a great way, we even saw Hakari's father, even if it was in a dream sequence. I don't know how this show does it, but it somehow got me emotional even in all the craziness.

Overall, this series was a very pleasant surprise, and I'm glad this anime had an identity unique to itself, and wasn't just a one-to-one adaptation of the manga. The unhinged humour and premise were a joy to watch every week, and I'm glad to say that this is definitely one of the best harem anime I've watched. It might not be for everyone, but it was definitely right up my alley in terms of how things were executed. Bring on Season 2! I'll be waiting!
Dec 29, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2021
Can we talk about the fact that the voice actor of Hakari's dad uses the same voice actor as the boy who appears before each boss fight on the protagonist's room of Persona 3 and both these characters appear like a ghost in the house? Interesting. And of course the masterpiece got a second season already greenlighted. Let's go!!!
YubisoftDec 29, 2023 1:38 PM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Dec 29, 2023 5:37 PM
Dec 2023
OMG iam happy cause this anime have season 2 i can't waiting the next seasons
Dec 29, 2023 8:47 PM

Aug 2016
The best parody of the Harem genre I've seen.
Dec 30, 2023 3:49 AM
Dec 2020
might aswell jus become a hentai tbh
Dec 30, 2023 4:09 AM
Apr 2013
EP 12

To nobody's surprise s2 is already announced. I feel like at this point they might as well just announce s3 and s4 and uh who knows.

So is the ending sequence just telegraphing all the girls that are gonna show up in s2? shrug
Its kind of funny but well

Overall it's really hard for me to to decide.
Obviously the two main issues (and not even that), the large and rushed introduction of the girls and rentaro.
Most people would say this is a good thing but while they did try to work around it or distract us from it, rentaro still feels a bit too flawless.
The other issue of course is that, very fast introduction, five girls were introduced by ep 7. I mean I say that when certain other anime introduce five girls in one or two eps but still.
The events of the last four eps is also kinda like soso, and the individual episodes suffer from the problem of being too contained while also being kinda lacking.
Other problem is the whole comedy thing definitely went too far at some points, like really saying the entire anime is comedy.

It's one of those anime where people will easily point to the strengths, and while it is somewhat good at concealing its flaws its still pretty there.
Towards the end you can really tell the compression it was getting ridiculous to fit all the girls into one episode.

With s2 even if they "only" introduce maybe 4 more girls, they'll be near 10 girls already and honestly I'm not sure if they can even hold everything together
Dec 30, 2023 10:29 AM
Dec 2023
Stop ghe shit and keep this anime hetero.
7/10
Dec 30, 2023 9:31 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Episode 1: Well, time to relax my mind and watch my seasonal ecchi.
Episode 12: Among my 5 finished animes nominated for AOTY.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Dec 31, 2023 5:06 AM

Apr 2015
Honestly this was a pretty fun watch. This had me giggling and laughing plus it was full of cuteness. I'm really excited for season 2 and they did show 4 more girls which will join Rentaro's harem xD.
Also that maid is looking sus, She might join his Harem too lolol.
Dec 31, 2023 5:39 AM

May 2021
The MI theme playing in the background while they were in the attic made it so much better.

Also, it took me a while to notice but the maid never really opened her eyes. You know what that means, the entire household is his.

Dec 31, 2023 5:57 PM

Mar 2008
What a good finale episode. Was nice and funny and horny...forny? hunny? Hmm

Overall the show is really sweet actually despite the premise at face value seemingly being a fantasy fulfilment deal.

Can't wait for next season.
Dec 31, 2023 8:18 PM
Feb 2022
hahaah seronoksangat
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

181 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

166 by ebiiwewok »»
Sep 25, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2023

192 by Milo980 »»
Sep 15, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2023

293 by Bitchcoin »»
Sep 10, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

140 by Penguinu »»
Aug 24, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.